Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog /forum/post/17768302

XBR sizes

KDL-32XBR11 | 32-Inch

KDL-40XBR11| 40-Inch

KDL-46XBR11| 46-Inch

KDL-52XBR11| 52-Inch

KDL-60XBR11| 60-Inch

No 55" panels at an affordable price? Crash & burn for Sony if the 60 incher is a 20 grand product. The average consumer will not pay more for a 52" Sony when the rest are pushing 55" panels for their mass market sets.

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger 518 /forum/post/17768777

No 55" panels at an affordable price? Crash & burn for Sony if the 60 incher is a 20 grand product. The average consumer will not pay more for a 52" Sony when the rest are pushing 55" panels for their mass market sets.

Yes, if only S-LCD produced 55" panels for CCFL...

There are circumstances within it.

Plus, if it were between a 52" UV2A vs a 55" S-PVA, the obvious choice for me would clearly be the UV2A

Ever wonder why the ever so popular 52" B750 is compared to the more cheaper and larger 55" B650? Well because... well I don't know why.

#12 ·

Quote:
KDL-S6100 | Entry CCFL

KDL-V6100 | Mind Range CCFL

KDL-W6100 | Mid Range CCFL

KDL-Z6100 | High Range CCFL

KDL-X500 | Mid Range Edge-Lit LED LCD

KDL-650 | High Range Edge-Lit LED LCD

KDL-XBR11 | High Range W-LED Backlit LCD

KDL-XBR12 | High Range Advanced LED RGB Backlit LCD

KDL-ZX Series OLED

So is this for real or a fake?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...7&postcount=31

#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by irkuck /forum/post/17767715

Not so long time, first shots at the CES
. Almost sure Bravia 3D will be hot item....

The excitement about a 3D Bravia lineup is just lost on me. We're talking about the first iteration of a technology, and there is almost zero content to take advantage of it. It's like getting a new videogame system that has one game available to play on it. How exciting is that?

I think 3D TV's could be cool...........in about 3-5 years.

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerriot /forum/post/17769354

The excitement about a 3D Bravia lineup is just lost on me. We're talking about the first iteration of a technology, and there is almost zero content to take advantage of it. It's like getting a new videogame system that has one game available to play on it. How exciting is that?

I think 3D TV's could be cool...........in about 3-5 years.

Point is that the from the panel point of view there is no difference between 2D and 3D panels, only minor modification

in electronics. For those planning to buy a panel next year, a 3D enabled panel is viable alternative. Even more, 3D will be best investment for future-proofing as there will be no iterations of this kind of 3D technology. Regarding the content, it is true it will be very limited in the beginning but 3D Blue Rays and games will appear next year.

Anyway, these kind of discussions will be short lived as rather quickly almost every new panel should become 3D enabled.

#15 ·
@CHRISGEO

Quote:
As usual every year its anticipation time!!!

Do you know something?

Is this a fake or not? I don´t mean the XBR picture from the old Singstar clip...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...7&postcount=31

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...1&postcount=55

According to Sony it´s a fake:

Quote:
The information posted regarding Sony television models is incorrect. Any specifications, model names, photographs or other details were not issued by Sony and do not represent the company's current or future product line.
http://gizmodo.com/5404262/sony-says...up-is-total-bs

#16 ·
Very interesting interview with Mr. Yoshikawa from Sony about the future lineup - Soon all Sony middle class LCD´s should become 3D-Ready (that means the successor of the W-Series)?

Quote:
"middle class" are all over TV to featured 3D!

The reason to promote the 3D Sony TV is simple. Yoshikawa said, "HD is the next and from the impact of" 3D "because I think," he said.

On the other hand, "needs" for the country as far as Japan, in particular, is on a roll and still is hard to say. There will be consequences for all concerned.

Mr. Yoshikawa:Reality, however, far or you could just buy customers? About the fact that the number and content of the TV money, or how much TV can be prepared and that it is large. By their ideas of where I think the number of customers has changed significantly.

Is a company policy, however, clearly we will promote strongly 3D.

3D TV prototype

So What worries me, "3D TV with" is what fits into what it means. So far in the world of AV, "the new format will start with value-added" to the base was. Blu-ray Disc to DVD Shiro Shiro Shiro on laser disk, "for people who like high-ticket items" from the start, and went down in price in the process of generalize. The 3D "TV special" If the positions that will follow these same routes.

However, Mr. Yoshikawa said, "not the same" from him.

Mr. Yoshikawa:Shiro to DVD, appeared at the "brand new" as the market went into. Unlike them, 3D is already "in the ring" I. However, it is a matter for the development of technology, but you do not know your part.

For Blu-ray Disc, 3D is BD format is implemented as extensions. If this is, BD If you did the time, 3D high hurdles will also do. BD only after it has spread, easy to deal with it as an extension from the launch.

Also have the same meaning to the TV. 2008, we have a TV with 240Hz technology that we are driving there and investigate the source of the 3D technology will lead to. Given these points, 3D television is also "create a new one suddenly" I have to be called.

The question then becomes, "does not end in high-end" If so, how to build a line from the beginning with a spread far, they say. If you come at affordable prices from the start, only that the higher the possibility of spread.

Mr. Yoshikawa:3D far that is what I will put that feature ... .... This year's model and say, 240Hz-driven model that contains the means and the BRAVIA that is now F5, W5 class above, 3D and I would like to put the features. 3D model of this class will change over to, I think I have chosen. However, until the price (the current F5, W5 and) the same, with hardly. The various changes would happen.

But what to put in the time period for such point is the stage to announce at this time yet.

The Sony TV, BRAVIA F5, W5 series is called "middle class" is. However, considering that this term is thin on new products with high added value model, "which is about value-added, do not reach the level" price range of models. Incidentally, F5 on sale at the time of a price series, 27 types of 40 million yen. Of the 3D, but some believe this to be piggybacked "lofty dream" is not that seems to have started.
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/sonyf...20103d-3d.html

#20 ·
Is S-LCD finished? If Sony uses uv2a on the xbr line, will they start using AUO panels for all their other ccfl and edge lit lines? Maybe they'll start using lower end Sharp panels, which I'm not sure how good that would be.

#21 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarceau /forum/post/17801967

Is S-LCD finished? If Sony uses uv2a on the xbr line, will they start using AUO panels for all their other ccfl and edge lit lines? Maybe they'll start using lower end Sharp panels, which I'm not sure how good that would be.

No, S-LCD is the plant that is controlled by both Samsung and Sony (51-49). The new plant that is currently under construction in Japan (in Sharp) is also partly owned by Sony (30+% I think)

Sony will still get panels from S-LCD of course.

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarceau /forum/post/17801967

i'm sure sony will continue to use S-LCD made panels in their low to mid range TV's for at least the next few years if not longer

UV2A looks to be at least for the next year or 2 in high end sets only from sony and prolly same with sharp's as well

hopefully it works as good as they say it does and also gets rid of input lag as well (keeps fingers crossed) and once they get production really rolling on this panel type in a few years we might see affordable models using them hit the main stream

#26 ·
Is the new XBR11 series supposed to be edge-lit or will it be local dimming?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.