Sharp LC32SB24U/LC32D44U - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 12-25-2009, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First off, Hello and Happy Holidays.
I have been reading around on the forum for a while but have never posted.

I have a sharp lc32sb24u with the flashing green power LED. I purchased the service manual and it comes as the lc32d44u, as they are almost identical.

Anyway, the light flash means there is a lamp error. I followed the procedures to get it out of error mode, but it faults back in immediately after.
The service manual doesn't say much else about this.
I have checked the inverter and power board repeatedly and receive the expected voltages here and there.
I can force the lamps on, but the inverter circuit shuts down after 3 seconds, like it is detecting a fault.

So is it possible that a lamp could cause a problem, although they appear good when lit?
I am sorry for the long post, but I am frustrated with the unit.
I know there are a lot of smart guys on the forum, so thanks in advance!
I can give much more information if needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-26-2009, 11:38 PM - Thread Starter

Bump.
I'm thinking about sending this one to the scrapper.
post #3 of 11 Old 01-11-2012, 04:37 PM

Old thread, but i am having the same exact situation, did you ever resolve the problem that you were having?
post #4 of 11 Old 01-11-2012, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Absolutely!
It is not a complete fix, but got mine so that I could watch TV.
Do you have the same model? LC32SB24U?

The "fix" for mine was to remove a tiny capacitor on the power supply board. This capacitor was feeding an Error Amp input line on chip BD9883 (Can't remember IC# or location).
By removing this capacitor, you remove the ability for this chip to sense that a light-bulb has gone bad.
I can't remember exactly which capacitor I removed, but I can look this weekend if needed.

You may still have to reset the error count after removing this cap.

The bulb that went bad on mine runs through the middle of the screen (horizontal). You can tell when you are on a test screen, but while watching normal TV you can not tell.
I have asked people if they can see anything wrong with the picture, but I have had to point it out to them every time.

This should work for many other Sharp models as well.
Hope this helps.
post #5 of 11 Old 01-25-2012, 06:28 PM

hi i have an sharp lc 32d44u and im having the same problem with one of the tubes burnt out. and i was wondering if u could help me with fixing it. i just wanna watch tv im not worried about the perfect fix
post #6 of 11 Old 01-26-2012, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Have you tried the method which I described previously?
Are you looking for more details?
post #7 of 11 Old 02-22-2012, 04:33 PM

Can you direct me on to where the caps located? or which one is it exactly
post #8 of 11 Old 03-30-2012, 02:39 AM

hi, im in the same boat i need help, any one? what is the capacitor? thanks
post #9 of 11 Old 06-17-2012, 10:17 AM

The capacitor in question is on the backside of the inverter board (green side). It is located about an inch below the BD9883 chip, and is labeled C7558. It is an extremely small, surface mount component. Removing it from the board and replacing it with a small jumper wire brought my set back to life.

Thanks to those who posted information on this issue here and on other technical forums. Although this particular thread did not have the specific information I needed, it did provide a vital clue.
post #10 of 11 Old 09-16-2012, 08:41 AM

Hey all... I just picked up a LC32SB24U set from teh junk yard and found this forum and have been trying several of the suggestions... but here's what's been happening. When i first got the set, I plugged the power cord into the wall and turned it on. I got a descent display for anywhere from 5 to 12 seconds and then the set would shut off by itself and the power light would flash green once a second. I tried the VOL- and INPUT button to reset but no luck... So I figured like so many here have stated I probably have a bad bulb (still waiting for one to arrival by mail). While i'm waiting, I figured i would try to jump the capacitor at C7558 (Nasty little bugger to find... almost in the middle of the board) on the power board and in so doing I may have jumped the connection right next to it (would love a closeup photo of that area to see for sure). I tried the set again and still the same problem. I found that if I changed the imput channel to like INPUT4 with a black screen I could access to tv menu. So I brought it up and found the option to update the firmware. Then I got the bright idea to check for updates from the sharp site. I copied the file from the Sharp site to a flash drive and plugged it in. Turned the set back on and navigated thru the menus and began the update proceedure. Everything seemed to be going fine. The set recycled off and then i tried turning it on again. But this time, nothing. Not even a flicker of life on the screen. It didn't even try to turn the screen on. The power light didn't blink at all. However now i get something new. On the back of the main board in the middle, a small light will begin to flash on and off. So what am I doing wrong... and will the blub replacement fix the issue when it comes? Any help would be appreciated!
post #11 of 11 Old 03-29-2014, 10:26 PM

I have this Tv with the blinking problem and tried to jump the cap and it stayed on but the channels wouldn't change. Is that what happens?

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page