New 52" B750 owner, questions about running an HTPC. Anyone running XBMC? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-25-2009, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey folks! Merry Christmas, I hope Santa was as good to you all as he was to me..

I am a happy new owner of a 52" Samsung B750 tv. It has all the latest bells and whistles, 240hz, motionflow or whatever, etc. but all of its features I am unfamiliar with, as my previous TV was a Sony W3000 60hz very basic set.

My question; is that I'm confused about what modes I'm supposed to be running the HTPC, or XBMC at..

Right now it is set to 1920 x 1080 @ 60hz according to the TV when I press the "INFO" button. Is this supposed to be saying 1920x1080 @ 240hz when it's properly configured?

I like having this new super-smoothness effect when I'm watching HD content, I assume some don't like it but I really do. But at times I can notice little stutters or something it seems like. If it stayed perfectly smooth all the time it would be just perfect

Sorry for the long winded rant, but I don't really know the technical jargon

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me; I don't expect many will be able to so I will bump it if needed.. can anyone tell me what the proper waiting time is before a bump? I want to maintain good etiquette

Merry Christmas!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page