Samsung P2370HD HDMI Blurry with Computer - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-17-2010, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got a Samsung P2370HD LCD TV/Monitor. Everything looks fine when hooking my computer up to the DVI and VGA but when I hook up my PC to the monitor with HDMI the picture is blurry and a small portion of my desktop was cut off on the edges.

It looks as if it's running non-native resoultion, but I checked the resolution settings and it was running correctly at 1920*1080 with HDMI.

From the reviews on Newegg, I see that others are having the same problem. My question is, is this an issue with me hooking up my PC to it or should it be fine if I hooked up a dedicated DVD/Blu Ray player to it?

Thanks in advance for your input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-17-2010, 02:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
sounds like you need to turn overscan off on the TV

look for screen fit or just scan or something like that

If you're a gamer or interested in using an LCD TV as a primary monitor take a look at my thread on Input Lag
post #3 of 5 Old 01-18-2010, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter

Ok, I just used screen fit and it looks like the screen is centered correctly now. However, the text isn't nearly as crisp and sharp as the VGA input.

Is this normal?

Also, I can't find anything about overscan in the menu.

post #4 of 5 Old 01-18-2010, 09:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit023 View Post

Ok, I just used screen fit and it looks like the screen is centered correctly now. However, the text isn't nearly as crisp and sharp as the VGA input.

Is this normal?

Also, I can't find anything about overscan in the menu.

screen fit turned off overscan

i'm not sure about your specific model samsung but the newer samsungs need to have PC's hooked up to the HDMI port on the back of the TV that says HDMI/DVI that also has the 2 analog audio inputs. once you've done that try changing that input's label in the TV menu to PC and see if that clears up the picture (i know this works on 08-09 samsungs)

If you're a gamer or interested in using an LCD TV as a primary monitor take a look at my thread on Input Lag
post #5 of 5 Old 10-14-2011, 09:02 PM

This post was useful to me. I am not bumping it for discussion just to help searchers find answers.

I was having the same problem on a Samsung FX2490HD (2011) using HDMI from a mini displayport -> HDMI > monitor. Overscan was destroying picture quality. Changing to screenfit prevented the overscan yet the text was still blurry.

I changed the input label for HDMI1 to PC and the monitor no longer overscanned and fit the desktop perfectly. Text is sharp and looks good. Amazing that changing the input label changes monitor function.

Hope this helps someone else in the future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays