VIZIO INTERNET APPS (VIA) Enabled LCD's Thread - Page 8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 737 Old 04-19-2010, 03:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had XVT551, I connected my Lenovo (IBM) laptop to it with RGB and it worked like a charm - Now, I have VF552 (VIA aPP) and connected it with the same laptop but nothing happens, the screen (on tv) is blank/black. If I connect the sound from laptop to the tv, I just hear the sound and no picture from the laptop. And advice whats going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8traxrule View Post

I've had my 552XVT since January but just found this thread today (but I'm viewing it on my TV since my laptop's connected to it!)

Anyways, in addition to only getting 2-channel PCM sound from Vudu and Amazon, I just activated Netflix a couple weeks ago and the sound on everything from that has been in MONO! I know Netflix can't do 5.1 but it can at least do stereo, but there's absolutely no channel separation on anything and all the sound comes through my center channel. Just for kicks I turned on the TV's speakers and it comes out in mono through those as well. I've checked about 25 movies which I've seen before and know how they should sound, and hooking up the computer they come out in stereo through that but the picture quality isn't as good as it is through the TV's app.

I've been complaining about this on both Vizio and Netflix's Facebook pages for about a week, but nobody seems to know what the problem is and none of the other people who've used Netflix have commented about the sound. I called Netflix's phone line the day I activated it, and they said I'd have to let Vizio know about the sound problem. Called Vizio this week and they said Netflix has to update the software to fix the problem, so not sure who to believe.

Is ANYBODY getting stereo audio out of Netflix? I'd think the people on this forum would notice more than the people who've been posting on Facebook. I'm not sure if this problem is isolated to just my TV or if it's affecting every one of this model, but if it is it seems that SOMEBODY else should have noticed it by now.

All the VOD services this thing has are pretty neat, but I'm not going to pay for any of them until they work like they're supposed to!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 737 Old 04-20-2010, 10:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I posted this on an other thread, hope to get a response on this one:

PLEASE, Could some one please check their 552 to see if others have this problem? please?

I posted this on 3-28 and still do not really know whether my 552 is the only one with this problem ?

Here is the prev. post

Regardless of HDMI input selected and mode, like movie or standard, whatever I change in that mode, like contrast or sharpness, that changed setting will show up in the other HDMI inputs. The only change that will be remembered is the input label, like DVD or PC etc.
For example if I set the HDMI input #2 labeled DVD to movie and then look at the settings of input HDMI #1 labeled cable, that setting will then have changed from standard to movie as well. Seems that the memory is dead.

For example in the DVD mode the sharpness is set at 6 but in the PC mode with HDMI input it has to be set to 0 or there is significant overshoot. So I have to MANUALLY change these settings every time I change the input source. Does not matter what preset (like standard, custom,movie ETC) is assigned to that HDMI input.

Talked to VIZIO and was told EVERYBODY has that problem, hard to believe judging by the absence of response from this site.

I hate to wrestle the 90 pound TV off the wall and back to Costco and then have to get a new one and re-install it again.

Did of course go back to factory reset a number of times.

Thanks for the reply

Eugene

PS, the FW version is B1.31.0-04
post #213 of 737 Old 04-20-2010, 12:40 PM

Yes, we all have that problem with the HDMI inputs.

Gary
post #214 of 737 Old 04-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Thanks for the reply Gary.

What are you planning to do about this? What drives me up the wall is the lack of information from VIZIO as to when this will be fixed. And the USB ports.

BTW, I heard from a 472SV owner, Chaz1, he does not have that problem.

Thanks again,

Eugene
post #215 of 737 Old 04-20-2010, 09:39 PM

post #216 of 737 Old 04-20-2010, 10:53 PM

This thread states that the VIA TV's use the Intel CE3100. Anyone have any proof?
post #217 of 737 Old 04-21-2010, 11:53 AM

Re-read that part.
I read it to say that is the standard set by Yahoo, not an absolute "it's in the VIA set" - but I could have misread it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwk View Post

This thread states that the VIA TV's use the Intel CE3100. Anyone have any proof?

post #218 of 737 Old 04-21-2010, 12:10 PM

Did you add the laptop computer from the "Help/Guided Setup/Device Setup" menu on the 552?

Did you remember to change the display adapter device settings on the laptop to check the box to activate the 2nd monitor and set Monitor 2 to set it as your primary display? You might also need to grab a window and slide it to side towards the 552.

It could be that since you had already set up one external monitor (the 551) that you have to add the 552 manually. I'm just guessing as I have no idea what you have already done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshad74 View Post

I had XVT551, I connected my Lenovo (IBM) laptop to it with RGB and it worked like a charm - Now, I have VF552 (VIA aPP) and connected it with the same laptop but nothing happens, the screen (on tv) is blank/black. If I connect the sound from laptop to the tv, I just hear the sound and no picture from the laptop. And advice whats going on?

post #219 of 737 Old 04-21-2010, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

This is based on documentation from Yahoo. I've asked Vizio for confirmation on this and was unable to get a definite answer. I know Vizio reps look at this thread and hoped someone would chime in but so far.... nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwk View Post

post #220 of 737 Old 04-22-2010, 12:49 AM

Has anyone seen an issue on the SV422XVT where the audio mutes itself after Netflix starts streaming a TV show or movie? I have to manually adjust the volume to get it to come back.
post #221 of 737 Old 04-22-2010, 05:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
CNET has finally tested the XVT model and confirms"it is far superior to other top "brands."

WAP 16.

post #222 of 737 Old 04-23-2010, 12:45 AM - Thread Starter

This started on mine after the latest firmware update in February. I have my internal speakers disabled with the sound bar connected and it is no longer an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerfHD View Post

Has anyone seen an issue on the SV422XVT where the audio mutes itself after Netflix starts streaming a TV show or movie? I have to manually adjust the volume to get it to come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokilarry View Post

I have the same problem on my 552, so it must be a software issue across the board for all of the VIA televisions.

post #223 of 737 Old 04-24-2010, 10:52 PM

Is anyone having trouble with the Pandora widget lately? I haven't used it much but the one channel I set up never starts playing. I don't know if it is the widget or the channel that is corrupt/bad but it is hard to delete the channel when it locks up if you try to go into it.
post #224 of 737 Old 04-25-2010, 08:48 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzvvv View Post

Is anyone having trouble with the Pandora widget lately? I haven't used it much but the one channel I set up never starts playing. I don't know if it is the widget or the channel that is corrupt/bad but it is hard to delete the channel when it locks up if you try to go into it.

I used Pandora yesterday and it worked fine. I was able to skip to the next song and rate a few (up and down) without any problem.
post #225 of 737 Old 04-26-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerfHD View Post

Same problem here. For me it only happens when I'm watching two TV eps in a row and the volume on the next ep mutes.
post #226 of 737 Old 05-01-2010, 04:40 PM

Anybody having problems with the lip sync audio. I had the vf551 and the 47" and neither had lip sync problems but the vf552 isn't even close, on antenna TV, ps3, xbox or via app's netflix. I have tried to mess with the lip sync feature but none get even close to right and the settings never store for some reason. I called vizio and was treated very rudely by the customer service make me want to return the TV back to costco. I really hope I can fix this problem since I love the LED picture quality but I am wishing I would have stayed with the vf551 now.
post #227 of 737 Old 05-01-2010, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganfx4 View Post

Anybody having problems with the lip sync audio. I had the vf551 and the 47" and neither had lip sync problems but the vf552 isn't even close, on antenna TV, ps3, xbox or via app's netflix. I have tried to mess with the lip sync feature but none get even close to right and the settings never store for some reason. I called vizio and was treated very rudely by the customer service make me want to return the TV back to costco. I really hope I can fix this problem since I love the LED picture quality but I am wishing I would have stayed with the vf551 now.

Please tell me it's not true. I had that problem with the 550XVT. Vizio sent out 3 sets before refunding me my money. When I went to buy again I bought the 552 since it was only a few bucks more and I figured that any problems could be resolved with FW. I sure hope I don't run into this again, It's coming Tuesday. BTW, I have a 52", 42", 37" and 20" XVT models that all play fine for the most part. I don't believe a perfect set exists, they all have issues. I have a new 55" Samsung that has issues, and it doesn't even have a lip sync or picture size adjustment on it. Cost the same as the 552 too.
post #228 of 737 Old 05-01-2010, 08:13 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I've got a 552xvt and have never had the issue using VIA nor when playing a BD.

I do occasionally have it with broadcast TV using a cable box. However, I think it's got more to do with the source than the TV. When changing to another channel, the problem disappears. When I return to the previous channel, the slight lip-synch problem reappears.
post #229 of 737 Old 05-02-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnerbum View Post

Please tell me it's not true. I had that problem with the 550XVT. Vizio sent out 3 sets before refunding me my money. When I went to buy again I bought the 552 since it was only a few bucks more and I figured that any problems could be resolved with FW. I sure hope I don't run into this again, It's coming Tuesday. BTW, I have a 52", 42", 37" and 20" XVT models that all play fine for the most part. I don't believe a perfect set exists, they all have issues. I have a new 55" Samsung that has issues, and it doesn't even have a lip sync or picture size adjustment on it. Cost the same as the 552 too.

Sorry to hear it happened to you also. I haven't sent my receipt back to vizio yet to start the repair/replace, I'm hoping set #2 doesn't have the problems but I'm doubtful. I hate watching everything like it is a bad Kung Fu movie, with the way off lip sync. I tried both the set's external speaker bar and my stereo system and nothing gets rid off it. I agree that it is nice to have the Lip sync adjustment but it seems that the direction which you can adjust the LS is backwards and I really would like some negative adjustment since my problems always lie in that direction not the positive direction like it is on the set. This is a weird issue since it should seem all the units should be affected not just a few. Crossing my fingers and hoping for a miracle.
post #230 of 737 Old 05-02-2010, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Sorry to hear it happened to you also. I haven't sent my receipt back to vizio yet to start the repair/replace, I'm hoping set #2 doesn't have the problems but I'm doubtful. I hate watching everything like it is a bad Kung Fu movie, with the way off lip sync. I tried both the set's external speaker bar and my stereo system and nothing gets rid off it. I agree that it is nice to have the Lip sync adjustment but it seems that the direction which you can adjust the LS is backwards and I really would like some negative adjustment since my problems always lie in that direction not the positive direction like it is on the set. This is a weird issue since it should seem all the units should be affected not just a few. Crossing my fingers and hoping for a miracle.

That's the exact problem I had, Vizio told me to adjust the lip sync and when I did it made it worse. I needed it to go the other way (negative) as you mentioned. I sure hope this new set coming is ok. I can't believe other people haven't complained about this problem. If it is happening, it should be easily corrected with a Firmware update. Keeping my fingers crossed on Tuesdays delivery from Sams Club.
post #231 of 737 Old 05-04-2010, 09:20 PM

I just got the Vizio Internet Apps TV, and connected easily to my wireless home system, however I can not get apps to work at all. When I try to open one, it says "can not update" from the wireless internet connection despite being "connected" when I test the network. Wireless laptops work on the same network with no problems. Any ideas?
post #232 of 737 Old 05-05-2010, 05:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Can anyone tell me where the audio mode adjustments are (Flat, Rock, etc). The manual shows it in the audio menu but it's not on the TV. I need to get a little more treble on the set but can't find any way to adjust it. Plus there should be an equalizer setting and that's not there. Did they take this off the set?
post #233 of 737 Old 05-05-2010, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I just experienced the lip sync being off slightly while watching a movie on Starz, but I turned on the Samsung and have the same problem, the lips are off slightly, just like the Vizio. The Samsung doesn't have a lip sync adjustment at all on it so I can't try adjusting it.

So I guess the problem isn't only on the Vizio. If they did have an adjustment to adjust it in the other direction (negative) it would probably fix it.

This is obviously a problem with the transmission of the signal since it only happens on certain movies and on both TVs. I played a movie on my PopcornHour last night and the lips were completely in sync.
post #234 of 737 Old 05-05-2010, 07:10 AM

Quote:

Can anyone tell me where the audio mode adjustments are (Flat, Rock, etc). The manual shows it in the audio menu but it's not on the TV. I need to get a little more treble on the set but can't find any way to adjust it. Plus there should be an equalizer setting and that's not there. Did they take this off the set?

Turning off the TRUSRS Surround Sound setting will make these show-up under Advance Audio settings.
post #235 of 737 Old 05-05-2010, 07:11 AM

Quote:

I just experienced the lip sync being off slightly while watching a movie on Starz, but I turned on the Samsung and have the same problem, the lips are off slightly, just like the Vizio. The Samsung doesn't have a lip sync adjustment at all on it so I can't try adjusting it.

So I guess the problem isn't only on the Vizio. If they did have an adjustment to adjust it in the other direction (negative) it would probably fix it.

This is obviously a problem with the transmission of the signal since it only happens on certain movies and on both TVs. I played a movie on my PopcornHour last night and the lips were completely in sync.

Agreed. I don't alway experience the issue. It does appear to be source related as well.
post #236 of 737 Old 05-05-2010, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauptm View Post

Turning off the TRUSRS Surround Sound setting will make these show-up under Advance Audio settings.

OK got it, I had to go into Advance options and turn off TRUSRS and then go back to the initial Audio menu. Thanks........
post #237 of 737 Old 05-06-2010, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

I just connected this set to the internet. Other than if you subscribe to Netflix, want to rent a movie on Video On Demand I really don't see anything that is usefull.

Am I missing something here. Is there a way to get to YouTube? Right now I don't see anything useful for me.
post #238 of 737 Old 05-06-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:

I just connected this set to the internet. Other than if you subscribe to Netflix, want to rent a movie on Video On Demand I really don't see anything that is usefull.

Am I missing something here. Is there a way to get to YouTube? Right now I don't see anything useful for me.

What you see is what you got.
post #239 of 737 Old 05-06-2010, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GScherler View Post

What you see is what you got.

My set just updated to FW B1.31.0_04. I don't see any changes, does anyone know what the FW update did?

The only advantage I see with this is if you subscribe to Netflix. As far as renting movies from the others, I can do that with my Direct TV and they download to the DVR and I can watch them when I want.

I think I'm going to have to send this set back anyway for the reason I posted in the other thread.

I have Direct TV (recent install) DVR and when I'm watching a program in SD and then switch to a HD program or the opposite direction, I get one of 3 things happen.

1. No picture with sound.
2. Sound and all pink picture.
3. Nothing, no picture or sound.

This doesn't happen on any of my other sets including a Samsung. I tried plugging it into another HDMI port but I still have the same problem. Occasionally, it will switch ok, but 99.9% of the time I get one of the mentioned problems.

This still happens even after the FW update.

I'm really dissapointed with this problem, I like the set, it has many features others don't, PIP, External Sound with Internal left on (I use this to add a sub woofer when really improves the sound).

I am a Vizio fan since I have 5 other Vizo sets which I really like so don't think I'm bashing them.
post #240 of 737 Old 05-06-2010, 10:16 AM

Quote:

My set just updated to FW B1.31.0_04. I don't see any changes, does anyone know what the FW update did?

The only advantage I see with this is if you subscribe to Netflix. As far as renting movies from the others, I can do that with my Direct TV and they download to the DVR and I can watch them when I want.

I think I'm going to have to send this set back anyway for the reason I posted in the other thread.

I have Direct TV (recent install) DVR and when I'm watching a program in SD and then switch to a HD program or the opposite direction, I get one of 3 things happen.

1. No picture with sound.
2. Sound and all pink picture.
3. Nothing, no picture or sound.

This doesn't happen on any of my other sets including a Samsung. I tried plugging it into another HDMI port but I still have the same problem. Occasionally, it will switch ok, but 99.9% of the time I get one of the mentioned problems.

This still happens even after the FW update.

I'm really dissapointed with this problem, I like the set, it has many features others don't, PIP, External Sound with Internal left on (I use this to add a sub woofer when really improves the sound).

I am a Vizio fan since I have 5 other Vizo sets which I really like so don't think I'm bashing them.

I'm wondering if the set has difficulty determining the correct resolution to display when changing channels. Perhaps your other sets don't have this difficulty.

See if you can set your DVR to always only output a 1080p signal.

I did this on my Cable DVR to prevent the TV from having to figure-out what the proper resolution was each time I changed the channel. Changing to only output a 1080p signal made changing the channels much, much faster and I no longer get the crazy looking 'flashing' screens.

The 1080p output resolution on the DVR works just fine (at least for me) no matter the actual resolution of the source material.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page