The Official KDL....EX700 Thread - Page 124 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #3691 of 3697 Old 01-02-2017, 05:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 374 Post(s)
Liked: 293
I'm still using my 60EX700. It's mounted behind my PJ screen. Still going strong.

Projector & Screen: Epson 5040ub Elite Screens 100" Electric Video: Oppo 103d Audio: Denon 4520ci Speakers: Infinity RS5 (LW L C R RW) Infinity RS1 (LH RH) Infinity Beta ES250 (SL SR) Subwoofers: 2 SI18d4 Martycubes with iNuke3000dsp and 2 Infinity BU120 Shakers: 4 ADX shakers with Dayton SA230 amp

My Builds--Media console build----Martycube build----ADX Bass Shaker Install
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3692 of 3697 Old 01-11-2017, 02:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 88
There was a setting for TV Guide to set it via the Internet. But, it's sort-of broken. With TV Guide more or less shut down, the clock does NOT support daylight saving time, so it's an hour off during the summer.

Need help with your Motorola DVR? Check the Wikibook: How to use a Motorola DVR
post #3693 of 3697 Old 01-11-2017, 02:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 920 Post(s)
Liked: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyross63 View Post
There was a setting for TV Guide to set it via the Internet. But, it's sort-of broken. With TV Guide more or less shut down, the clock does NOT support daylight saving time, so it's an hour off during the summer.
While I know the guide is dead, but I recently connected the internet and the clock was set and it was correct. Maybe you need to select guide and check your zipcode?

The guide isn't shut down, but it was TVGOS, which was bought by Rovi, which then bought TiVo and it's a mess. I never could get the guide to work more than 24 hours before it crashed.

post #3694 of 3697 Old 01-11-2017, 02:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
While I know the guide is dead, but I recently connected the internet and the clock was set and it was correct. Maybe you need to select guide and check your zipcode?

The guide isn't shut down, but it was TVGOS, which was bought by Rovi, which then bought TiVo and it's a mess. I never could get the guide to work more than 24 hours before it crashed.
It still sets the clock, and since it's standard time right now, the clock is correct. It will be an hour off March 12 through November 4, unless you are in an area that doesn't observe DST. I even tried faking out the zip code during the summer to a known east code zip code, and it didn't correct itself.

Since I have cable, the TV clock is not really used. It's only briefly visible at times when inputs change or when it's turned on. I'd like to know how to unlink it from Internet setting without doing a factory reset or something that loses all my settings.

post #3695 of 3697 Old 01-11-2017, 03:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It still sets the clock, and since it's standard time right now, the clock is correct. It will be an hour off March 12 through November 4, unless you are in an area that doesn't observe DST. I even tried faking out the zip code during the summer to a known east code zip code, and it didn't correct itself.

Since I have cable, the TV clock is not really used. It's only briefly visible at times when inputs change or when it's turned on. I'd like to know how to unlink it from Internet setting without doing a factory reset or something that loses all my settings.
You might try setting the Program Information Source to Broadcaster or something that causes the clock setting to become un-grayed out. Otherwise, it's a full reset. I only use mine as a monitor for a TiVo Mini. Since the Mini was there, I connected the internet to the same media bridge "since it was there".
post #3696 of 3697 Old 01-11-2017, 03:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
You might try setting the Program Information Source to Broadcaster or something that causes the clock setting to become un-grayed out. Otherwise, it's a full reset. I only use mine as a monitor for a TiVo Mini. Since the Mini was there, I connected the internet to the same media bridge "since it was there".
The program source is set to Broadcaster. Basically, once you tell TV Guide to set the time, there seems to be no way to undo it, short of a hard reset. I did have it free up once after a firmware update, but that was a long time ago when it still worked correctly.

post #3697 of 3697 Old 01-11-2017, 03:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The program source is set to Broadcaster. Basically, once you tell TV Guide to set the time, there seems to be no way to undo it, short of a hard reset. I did have it free up once after a firmware update, but that was a long time ago when it still worked correctly.
Pretty buggy? I already gave away my XBR9 and W3000, but there's no relative who wants this item. I'm using a 40W600B now and love it. I do miss the Presence Sensor. It made a sleep timer redundant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Bravia Ex 700 Series 32 Inch Led Tv Black Kdl 32ex700 , Sony Bravia 40 Inch Kdl40nx700 Led Hdtv , Sony Bravia Ex700 Series 60 Inch Lcd With Led Back Lighting Hdtv Kdl 60ex700

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page