The Official KDL....EX700 Thread - Page 28 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #811 of 3682 Old 04-10-2010, 08:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So has anyone streamed any video content from your PC yet? I have an NX700 and when I stream using the Sony the video quality is always crappy with too much pixelization. When I stream to the Sony using my Xbox 360 it looks great. I have tried hooking up the Sony to my network using wireless & a wired connection and they both look like bollocks. Anyone else having a similar experience?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 3682 Old 04-10-2010, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgrenade View Post

Hello.
I have a KDL52EX700

Can I use any wireless adapter on the USB slot for internet access? or Do I have to buy the adapter Sony is selling?

Thanks in advance.

I tried the sony adapter I could not get to my wireless network so I bought a netgear Powerline AV Ethernet Adapter works great it can stream HD movies
post #813 of 3682 Old 04-10-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by endo129 View Post

Next I noticed the lag. It is so minute that I couldn't tell visually that it was there. I only noticed it b/c my skills diminished tremendously. After some help from the fine folks here, I turned off cinemotion and motion flow and it was gone. I'm haven't experimented yet to find out which is the true culprit. that alos brings me to: "I don't know how the 120hz works, maybe someone could answer that too." I have it set to off and don't notice anything as far as motion blur.

It works a bit like this, only better.
post #814 of 3682 Old 04-11-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehgz1 View Post

So has anyone streamed any video content from your PC yet? I have an NX700 and when I stream using the Sony the video quality is always crappy with too much pixelization. When I stream to the Sony using my Xbox 360 it looks great. I have tried hooking up the Sony to my network using wireless & a wired connection and they both look like bollocks. Anyone else having a similar experience?

I've streamed from my PC to the EX700 and the quality is indeed crappy. I hope it can be fixed by a future FW update since this was one of the TVs selling points...
post #815 of 3682 Old 04-11-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk.secret23 View Post

Thanks for the video, looks great... as expected
If you want some HD video's to test out, you should try these: http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/hi...n-trailers.php

I'd recommend the Sony - Beauty of Earth video.

I can't get any of those to work.. Maybe my security settings?

Sportsfan I use my EX as a second monitor that is how I played the demo.
post #816 of 3682 Old 04-11-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalAlien View Post

You can't download it or you can't play them?
I played all mine on the PS3.
post #817 of 3682 Old 04-11-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk.secret23 View Post

You can't download it or you can't play them?
I played all mine on the PS3.

I get this...

"PLEASE USE A DOWNLOADMANAGER FOR LARGE FILES - ONLY ONE DOWNLOADSLOT PER IP !!"
post #818 of 3682 Old 04-11-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:

I get this...

"PLEASE USE A DOWNLOADMANAGER FOR LARGE FILES - ONLY ONE DOWNLOADSLOT PER IP !!"

Under the Donate button for PayPal and in between the Ads by Google, you should see a link that says ">> Download << ." Click on that.
post #819 of 3682 Old 04-11-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:

Oops, didn't see the second part. Thanks for the info. I ended up putting the files on a usb stick and played them that way. Looked amazing!
post #820 of 3682 Old 04-11-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan23 View Post

Under the Donate button for PayPal and in between the Ads by Google, you should see a link that says ">> Download << ." Click on that.

Yeah, you have to click the >> Download <<
post #821 of 3682 Old 04-11-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSean View Post

Have you tried this program? (I'm not sure if this would work)
Playback

or this one?
EyeConnect

i've been auditioning all of the various mac streaming apps and so far none have successfully streamed video to my ex700. photos and audio no problem, but no go on the video across the board.
post #822 of 3682 Old 04-12-2010, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsutton002 View Post

I've streamed from my PC to the EX700 and the quality is indeed crappy. I hope it can be fixed by a future FW update since this was one of the TVs selling points...

I have had the same experience on my TV and PS3. MY xbox, ps3 and TV are all hard wired to the router. For the first week, I couldn't figure out why my PS3 and TV (guessing by the netflix streaming quality) only getting 20% of my normal ISP speed, my xbox was fine and gettting HD quality from netflix.

I tested the speed on the PS3 and was having less than 1Mbps while my normal speed is between 3.5 to 5.5 Mbps on my Mac mini.

I googled PS3 connection speed and found there were lots of discussions about it, but no one can confirm or pinpoint why. While I decided to try to set up a proxy server (one of the solutions that I found) on my mac and reconfiguring my wireless network last week. The PS3 connection speed was back up to 3-4Mbps BEFORE I had the proxy server setup complete. Low and behold, I tried Netflix and Amazon VOD on the EX700 and they looked fine as well. I have no idea why it work now but just want to share my experience.
post #823 of 3682 Old 04-12-2010, 07:18 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Your post was a little confusing. What did you do exactly to get better streaming quality from the Sony TV? You mentioned a proxy server...was that the cause of the problem??
post #824 of 3682 Old 04-12-2010, 04:51 PM

Hi guys,

I just bought this TV yesterday because I've been meaning to buy a new hdtv and it seemed like a good deal. I have the KDL-46EX700 model. My question is in my PS3 settings. I've connected my PS3 via HDMI cable, but when I try to set the display options, the PS3 automatically sets the video output settings to 480p. When I try to set it customly, it allows me to choose 720p and 1080i, but rejects the 1080p setting. Has anyone else encountered this or is there a problem with my PS3, my unit, or both?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
post #825 of 3682 Old 04-12-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O.O.M View Post

i've been auditioning all of the various mac streaming apps and so far none have successfully streamed video to my ex700. photos and audio no problem, but no go on the video across the board.

I've had success with Twonky Media Server, at least with streaming DVD rips (.vob) to my 46EX701. Have not tried iso's yet. Also no DVD menu functions are available. You just start at the first vob and go from there. You can fast forward, rewind, or skip back and ahead though.

I don't have any BD rips or HD videos of any kind, so I can't say if those will work as well.

Have to experiment with it more to see what else will play. Only drawback is that Twonky server costs $30 or so but theres a 50% off sale going on right now.

I just downloaded this to try but I'm gonna buy it and hope it does more than just DVD rips.

I am this world, and I eat this world. Who knows this, knows.

the Upanishads.
post #826 of 3682 Old 04-12-2010, 06:44 PM

Hopefully you guys can answer this for me. I picked up my 40EX700 today and hooked it all up. I've noticed a few problems. The Input lag is really bad, giving games a "heavy" feeling. It goes away when you turn off motionflow, but motionflow looks REALLY nice on the game so I hate having to turn off something I really wanted in the first place.

Also, I have a purple blotch along the bottom of the center of the TV. It's noticeable in dark scenes. On the flip side, I have a black blotch along the top of the center of the TV and it's noticeable in white scenes.

Should I return it? I hate returning big stuff like this...but If I have to I will.
post #827 of 3682 Old 04-13-2010, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

Can anyone suggest what they think the best DLNA servers are, specifically on a mac (Power PC)? I don't know much about it yet, and am running medialink (for PS3 and ilife integration), but it is not compatible with the EX700. based on 5 minutes of wikipedia listings I'm leaning towards TVMOBiLi and might try the PS3MediaServer, although is Intel only, you never know sometimes you get lucky.

Thanks.

I have a Z5100 series Sony. Note that the their DLNA implementation on the Z5100 would only accept mpeg2 and one other format. Therefore the DLNA server needs to transcode the video stream to one of these compatible formats.

After trying numerous DLNA servers (Twonky, Tversity, Wild, Mezzmo, etc), I found that the Java-based ps3mediaserver (http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/) works fine, after you download and install modded version of ffmeg to work with DVR-MS files (http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaser...owToWatchDVRMS). Originally designed to communicate with the PS3, but works with Sony TVs also. Being Java based allows it to run on several OS...give it a try.
post #828 of 3682 Old 04-13-2010, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyano View Post

Hopefully you guys can answer this for me. I picked up my 40EX700 today and hooked it all up. I've noticed a few problems. The Input lag is really bad, giving games a "heavy" feeling. It goes away when you turn off motionflow, but motionflow looks REALLY nice on the game so I hate having to turn off something I really wanted in the first place.

Also, I have a purple blotch along the bottom of the center of the TV. It's noticeable in dark scenes. On the flip side, I have a black blotch along the top of the center of the TV and it's noticeable in white scenes.

Should I return it? I hate returning big stuff like this...but If I have to I will.

Motionflow AMP ie interpolation should never ever ever EVER be on when gaming.
post #829 of 3682 Old 04-13-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith View Post

I have a Z5100 series Sony. Note that the their DLNA implementation on the Z5100 would only accept mpeg2 and one other format. Therefore the DLNA server needs to transcode the video stream to one of these compatible formats.

After trying numerous DLNA servers (Twonky, Tversity, Wild, Mezzmo, etc), I found that the Java-based ps3mediaserver (http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/) works fine, after you download and install modded version of ffmeg to work with DVR-MS files (http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaser...owToWatchDVRMS). Originally designed to communicate with the PS3, but works with Sony TVs also. Being Java based allows it to run on several OS...give it a try.

Thanks! what version are you running? I installed 1.10 and it ran on my G4, but I got errors on the TV saying that it did not support DLNA. I upgraded to 1.20 beta and created a new .conf file for the TV and it no longer runs on the G4.
post #830 of 3682 Old 04-13-2010, 01:13 PM

Cyano, there is a "Game" mode (use the Scene button on the remote). I don't know what other settings it changes, but it does turn off Motionflow for sure. The TV automatically switches to that mode for the input my Xbox 360 is on; looks awesome and zero lag.
post #831 of 3682 Old 04-13-2010, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyano View Post

YES! You should not have any blotches. Return it!
post #832 of 3682 Old 04-13-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:

Thanks! what version are you running? I installed 1.10 and it ran on my G4, but I got errors on the TV saying that it did not support DLNA. I upgraded to 1.20 beta and created a new .conf file for the TV and it no longer runs on the G4.

Are you trying the unix/linux version? Are you using Java 1.6?

I have the beta version 1.20.406 on a win 7 32bit system. I've read that version 1.10.4 and 1.10.5 worked on G4 systems, you may want to try it (http://www.matt-thornton.net/blog/ps...it-of-gimping/).

Note that I had problems upgrading from 1.20.400 to 1.20.406, as it didn't seem to work. Luckily I was starting out with a fresh OS install and didn't have a problem re-installing the OS, then install 1.20.406.

One other I came across for the Mac is $$ http://thelittleappfactory.com/rivet/, however the current version doesn't support transcoding, which they are working on (along with aac file support).
post #833 of 3682 Old 04-13-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:

How did Tversity work for you?
post #834 of 3682 Old 04-13-2010, 10:15 PM

There's a new version of the PS3 media server available now, version 1.20.409 Beta.
post #835 of 3682 Old 04-14-2010, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.crouthamel View Post

How did Tversity work for you?

I couldn't get the Media Center recordings to play (DVR-MS). If you have mpeg2 recorded stuff, it should work. I have only my OTA recordings through VMC and didn't want the computer in the living room, so I'm doing it through the Sony TV DLNA client and ps3mediaserver.
post #836 of 3682 Old 04-14-2010, 10:30 AM

Quote:

I couldn't get the Media Center recordings to play (DVR-MS). If you have mpeg2 recorded stuff, it should work. I have only my OTA recordings through VMC and didn't want the computer in the living room, so I'm doing it through the Sony TV DLNA client and ps3mediaserver.

Thanks for the info. I was playing around with this last night with a 46NX700 (not EX) and I couldn't get TVersity to work at all. The Sony Media Server Troubleshooter says, "The server is not supported/The server does not support DLNA".

I then tried Wild Media Server and that seems to work pretty well
post #837 of 3682 Old 04-15-2010, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Does anyone have a suggestion...I was offered by Sony to exchange my KDL52V5100 for a KDL52EX700...would that be worth it? I don't like the idea of the EX not having a anti-reflective coating on as the V5100 does...

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
post #838 of 3682 Old 04-15-2010, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuBerger View Post

Does anyone have a suggestion...I was offered by Sony to exchange my KDL52V5100 for a KDL52EX700...would that be worth it? I don't like the idea of the EX not having a anti-reflective coating on as the V5100 does...

Hey stu. Ive looked up and down at the current available sony models. Since my g10 panny plasma that I bought to replace my v5100 has rising black issues. Im gonna get the 60ex500. I much prefer it over the edge led version the ex700.

Reviews of the set talk about lighter black level and uneven screen. The ex500 series is pretty much an upgraded v5100 that has better black level no auto dim no color flashing and better processing and a 10 bit panel over the v5100
post #839 of 3682 Old 04-15-2010, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by serialmike View Post

Hey stu. Ive looked up and down at the current available sony models. Since my g10 panny plasma that I bought to replace my v5100 has rising black issues. Im gonna get the 60ex500. I much prefer it over the edge led version the ex700.

Reviews of the set talk about lighter black level and uneven screen. The ex500 series is pretty much an upgraded v5100 that has better black level no auto dim no color flashing and better processing and a 10 bit panel over the v5100

Serial Mike...your everywhere in the TV threads! And glad ya are...how you been? I have been spending most of my time at the MCACC thread as well as audio....

So, what's the difference between the 500 and 700 series other than the edge thing...what is that? LOL

I have a BIG concern about the EX or NX series since the screen doesn't have the anti-reflective glare screens...I have a lot of sunshine during the days and a few lights on around the room at night and was told that the new series has alot of reflection coming off the screens!

Would you say go for the trade or not...since I have no real problems with the V5100....

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
post #840 of 3682 Old 04-15-2010, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuBerger View Post

Serial Mike...your everywhere in the TV threads! And glad ya are...how you been? I have been spending most of my time at the MCACC thread as well as audio....

So, what's the difference between the 500 and 700 series other than the edge thing...what is that? LOL

I have a BIG concern about the EX or NX series since the screen doesn't have the anti-reflective glare screens...I have a lot of sunshine during the days and a few lights on around the room at night and was told that the new series has alot of reflection coming off the screens!

Would you say go for the trade or not...since I have no real problems with the V5100....

the NX I believe has the monolith plexiglass screen like the samsung. The ex 500 and 700 have screen just like the v5100.

The ex700 is an LED edgelit screen. It means its slim but the lights are only on the edges of the screen. In most cases this causes les black level. And lower viewing angles. Edgelit led pretty much only advantage is slim sleek looking sets on the outside for more money.

The image quality of the ex500 is a traditional ccfl backlight behind the whole screen like the v5100. Generally this provides a but more uniform screen with better viewing angles. I feel the ex500 has a better image than the ex700.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Bravia Ex 700 Series 32 Inch Led Tv Black Kdl 32ex700 , Sony Bravia 40 Inch Kdl40nx700 Led Hdtv , Sony Bravia Ex700 Series 60 Inch Lcd With Led Back Lighting Hdtv Kdl 60ex700
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page