Just picked up my 46" EX501 (the costco one w/ 3yr warranty).. Been checking it out for a few hours now. Absolutely loving it, but I'm also coming up from a 32" Panasonic HD CRT that only did either 1080i or 480i/p, nothing else(couldn't even plug a PC into it). This is just a huge leap.. I'm quite pleased thus far.
A few subjective thoughts:
- So the bezel is all black on my unit, and the bottom edge has a woodgrain type texture to it. kind of a nice touch, IMO.
- My unit does have a small bit of the flashlighting effect in the upper corners, but I don't see it unless I'm looking for it.
- viewing angles work well for our room - only about a 45 degree angle though in our seating
- Hooking up my laptop over HDMI looks great, with HD movies looking awesome this way. Definitely see an HTPC in my future.
- The internal speakers actually sound pretty decent to my ears, even with the surround mode turned on. but of course an external system is my preferred method.
- like others on here, i didn't like the ambient light sensor - i turned that off right away.
overall, i'm very happy thus far.
So that said,
Now I just need a new surround sound system, HTPC, and maybe a PS3. Why do expensive toys always need more toys to go with them?
Still need to test games with the Xbox 360 and then also see what Blu Rays look like natively..
If anyone has any specific questions, or wants pics of something on this TV, let me know and I should be able to help
EDIT: i should add that i have not changed ANY settings from default(though i did turn off the ambient light sensor), as it looks fine to my eyes.. any calibration tips would be appreciated though.