Samsung 52B750 and Directv HR20 Recevier IR remote conflict - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-24-2010, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I just recently purchased the Samsung 52B750 and received it last week, I am using a Directv HR20 HD DVR which I was using with 46 Samsung DLP before and never had problems with the remote control not responding. I received the new tv(which swapped out the DLP set) on Friday and my directv receiver stopped responding to remote signals that day. All weekend long I have not been able to make heads or tails out of this since the remote control worked on another directv box without a problem. I was able to switch the remote to RF mode and it works without a problem in that state, but IR will not work. The problem with using RF is that I am using a harmony 880 remote to control everything and that will require a second remote to control my directv. Today I discovered that when the TV is off the Directv receiver responds to IR commands, but once the TV is turned on, IR commands stop working. I cannot be the only person who has had this issue since I have been looking on the forum board and cannot locate a post regarding this. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get the 52B750 and Directv HR20 to play together nicely using IR it would be much appreciated. Also if I have posted this on the wrong forum board by mistake I apologize, since I was not sure which board was appropriate for this issue. thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-24-2010, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter

Ok through experimenting, if I cover the screen with a blanket, the HR20 responds to remote signals, when i remove the blanket, it stops responding.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-24-2010, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

I think I have fixed it(think being the key word), changing the backlight setting to 5 seems to have resolved the remote issues. Makes zero sense on why that would control it, oh well it seems fixed so I am good with it.
post #4 of 5 Old 02-24-2010, 11:08 AM

Liked: 10
Use three or four layers of masking tape on the IR receptor of your HR20. You'll be surprised but thhat will fix your problem.
Good luck!

Tecnico
post #5 of 5 Old 02-24-2010, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecnico View Post

Use three or four layers of masking tape on the IR receptor of your HR20. You'll be surprised but thhat will fix your problem.
Good luck!

Tecnico

Actually I used one layer of masking tape using a black sharpie and covered the IR's on all my devices which resolved the issue.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page