Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpertpredator View Post
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a big screen TV, preferably between a 60" and 65". My budget is between $1500-$2300. Viewing distance is about 10 feet away as it will be wall mounted. It will be located in my living room, so lighting is high. I really care about the picture quality, as I have a soundbar for the audio. I am still early in my search, and don't need the TV till October, just trying to get some ideas of what I should look at, or if possible wait for a new model to come out if their is any. Thank you again for anyone that helps.
Just get a Sony 8.5x - 9.5x and don't worry about it and hope you get one with a good panel the first time (true with any large LCD panel )

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. "can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5462 of 5477 Old Yesterday, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelioran View Post
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if you could help me pick out a new TV--

I would like to purchase a TV that is either 65" or 70", the bigger the better.

Budget: ~1500.00

Seating Distance: Approximately 11-12 ft

Size: 65"-70", its going to be wall mounted so no real placement limitations.

Uses: Mostly movies, with some gaming thrown in. The occasional football game, but not too many sports. 3D is not a priority.

Room Lighting: Its going to be mounted across from some windows, so the room can be pretty bright. Its not bad with the shades down, but it wont get very dark during the day.

I've been looking for decently priced 70" sets, but I've currently had my eye on the Vizio M652i-B2 since it seems to be reviewing well. Any suggestions? Should I look into the Sony 65W850? Stick with a 70 and go with last year's Vizio or the Sharp LC70LE850U? So many choices out there.

Thanks for the help!
65W850 is going to be better than any Visio and Sharp at that price

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. "can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"

Last edited by tubetwister; Yesterday at 05:46 PM.
post #5463 of 5477 Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordprefect View Post
Need some help deciding on a TV - replacing a 52" LCoS JVC RPTV.

Budget could be up to $1500, looking to get at least a 60" screen (I may be able to convince the boss to go to 65").

Looking at the Vizio M602i-B3 or Samsung UN60H6300 (BJs/Costco). Smart features don't tip the scales (I have Rokus etc in the house), both look like they perform well to my eye. However, looking for opinions based on experience with movie, tv and sports content -- hard to see all of those at your local warehouse store. The CNET Review gave decent marks to both - I'm mostly concerned with black levels, viewing angles and overall picture quality. Any other input is appreciated - or even new suggestions.

Hope this isn't asking too much. Thanks!
Sony 60W850B or 65W850B

post #5464 of 5477 Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike mcdaniel View Post
Thanks for reccomendations. The pool is 20x45 one way and 18x34 the other way. The pool pavilion is 32x20
Cool know who to call on a hot day now want me pick up some cold ones on the way ? .

post #5465 of 5477 Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeee112 View Post
need help making a decision i have around $1500 to spend maybe a little more little less

i watch a bunch of comcast cable and i game on ps4 and xbox one a lot, also watch the occasional bluray

I WILL NOT BE USING THE 3D......i have one eye due to unlucky circumstances....it works just fine knock on wood**
i know the sonys have better input lag....but how is the picture quality?

the samsung is nice but doesnt do so hot with games 40ms input lag

at the very least which of those sony tvs are the better tv?

Sony W800B 50 or 55 inch
Sony W850B 60 inch
Samsung H7150 55 inch

id appreciate any help...im stuck in the Internets swirling pool of misinformation and fake reviews
Sony 800B best 4 money vs picture quality W850B only adds mediocre 3D Sammy not bad but not as good PQ

Last edited by tubetwister; Today at 04:49 AM.
post #5466 of 5477 Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Agree with above. In the size range you're looking at Sony gives you the best bang for the buck. In the $2300 range don't rule out the 65s990a which is passive and I think uses a panel similar to the 65850a (S-PVA panel). It is curved but if you read the thread here most love it. The foot print is 65" wide.
tubetwister likes this.
post #5467 of 5477 Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The cheap ILO tv my girlfriend has is on its way out. So its time to start looking for a newer one to replace it. It needs to be around 42 inches, be good at upscaling 480i* and under 500 dollars. Any recommendations are welcomed.

She has an older dish dvr and hasn't upgraded to the newer receiver, because she has so much stuff on the dvr that she still wants to watch. So everything for the next few years will be in SD.
post #5468 of 5477 Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM
AVS Special Member

65x850a or 65x900a? Does one get a better picture or have better features?
post #5469 of 5477 Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wapacz View Post
The cheap ILO tv my girlfriend has is on its way out. So its time to start looking for a newer one to replace it. It needs to be around 42 inches, be good at upscaling 480i* and under 500 dollars. Any recommendations are welcomed.

She has an older dish dvr and hasn't upgraded to the newer receiver, because she has so much stuff on the dvr that she still wants to watch. So everything for the next few years will be in SD.
SD is crappy on most flat panels tell her to upgrade to HD service or you won't come over there anymore
especially during football season !

Her DVR *may support HD * and only need to be re-configured by installer not hard to do (they know how )
and just require re provisioning + maybe some dish pointing up top by installer. Dish HD uses 3 birds instead of 2 , previously recorded media will remain on device they will provide HDMI cable also ☺ tel # is 1-888-615-3725 ☺

DVR have been like that a long,long time so she might be able to keep her 1970's sitcoms ☺☺
If she has Dish ViP 612 ,622, 622K,722, 722K ~ maybe some others ( ~2004 -2006 + ) they support HD fine
Hopefully she has # 500 dish on roof if not they should provide one with a new 24 mo contract commitment .
hopefully you/she will get an intelligible CSR ha ha If she is out of contract and mo.2 mo. t they might offer a swinging deal check the website . otherwise xtra $10.00 mo make them do service call free or tell them you will go somewhere else as long as they don't have to wire extra rooms they can usually do that and you may not need new DVR

40" Sony W600B ~ $499.00 sometimes a little less (maybe $10.00☺☺)

Last years 42" LG is OK not bad at all (have one and a 40" Sony also ) LG just not as good blacks/contrast for night time pretty good though and $100.00 cheaper good set all in all has S-IPS panel very good view angle .
You could also take a chance on inexpensive (cheap) Vizio with who knows what is inside of it I won't bother to link

Last edited by tubetwister; Yesterday at 09:30 PM.
post #5470 of 5477 Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetwister View Post
Just get a Sony 8.5x - 9.5x and don't worry about it and hope you get one with a good panel the first time (true with any large LCD panel )
Thank you for you response. I was actually looking at the 950a (the curved one), and the w850b. I haven't seen the 950b yet. Is it worth the price difference from a 60 inch to a 65 inch? Also I was reading that the 950 curved has a more reflective screen.
post #5471 of 5477 Old Yesterday, 09:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy sullivan View Post
65x850a or 65x900a? Does one get a better picture or have better features?
S#!t if I know ......Ask Oledvegas in the 8x or 9x forum (depending on what set he auditioning this week ☺ ) he will know he's probably tried almost all of them by now

Good guy also, real videophile , He's got an LG Oled also (hence the name ) so he's a bit spoiled but knows his pictures .

I don't know which Sony he is auditioning this week yet , he's the defacto new Sony beta tester here if he says it's good to go believe it ! I know he was thinking about the new 79" Sony last week he might even keep one of those who knows .☺☺

Last edited by tubetwister; Yesterday at 09:48 PM.
post #5472 of 5477 Old Yesterday, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thank you for you response. I was actually looking at the 950a (the curved one), and the w850b. I haven't seen the 950b yet. Is it worth the price difference from a 60 inch to a 65 inch? Also I was reading that the 950 curved has a more reflective screen.
I couldn't tell you about the 65" vs 60" thing that's something you will have to decide or maybe someone else may have an opinion . If you watch mostly SAT/CATV as crappy as HD lite is I would just go with 8x personally unless you are wanting 4K but that wont be on 4K HD lite re transmission for a while

My real TV is a 60" Sammy Plasma ,Sony LED is in my bedroom good set though just no match for a PDP

Last edited by tubetwister; Yesterday at 09:59 PM.
post #5473 of 5477 Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Actually it's the 65s990a that is curved. The 65w950b has a nice picture with a fairly matted screen, Probably an IPS panel while the 65s990a has a rather reflective screen, probably a VA panel from somebody. The VA panel gets a stunning picture if you can control light reflecting off the screen. Reflective like a good plasma. Just a guess on my part but since Samsung makes a 65" curved panel it's not a stretch to think Sony is buying that exact same panel from Sammy.
post #5474 of 5477 Old Yesterday, 10:57 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
See a lot of mentions of the Sony w850 but not if it's the "a" or "b" version.
post #5475 of 5477 Old Today, 05:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dignam View Post
See a lot of mentions of the Sony w850 but not if it's the "a" or "b" version.
Good question I know W800 /w850B are popular the KDL65W850A is discontinued 2013 model some like B's better although A is Triluminous I belive *some 850B might be also .

post #5476 of 5477 Old Today, 07:08 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetwister View Post

SD is crappy on most flat panels tell her to upgrade to HD service or you won't come over there anymore
especially during football season !

Her DVR *may support HD * and only need to be re-configured by installer not hard to do (they know how )
and just require re provisioning + maybe some dish pointing up top by installer. Dish HD uses 3 birds instead of 2 , previously recorded media will remain on device they will provide HDMI cable also ☺ tel # is 1-888-615-3725 ☺

DVR have been like that a long,long time so she might be able to keep her 1970's sitcoms ☺☺
If she has Dish ViP 612 ,622, 622K,722, 722K ~ maybe some others ( ~2004 -2006 + ) they support HD fine
Hopefully she has # 500 dish on roof if not they should provide one with a new 24 mo contract commitment .
hopefully you/she will get an intelligible CSR ha ha If she is out of contract and mo.2 mo. t they might offer a swinging deal check the website . otherwise xtra $10.00 mo make them do service call free or tell them you will go somewhere else as long as they don't have to wire extra rooms they can usually do that and you may not need new DVR

40" Sony W600B ~ $499.00 sometimes a little less (maybe $10.00☺☺)

Last years 42" LG is OK not bad at all (have one and a 40" Sony also ) LG just not as good blacks/contrast for night time pretty good though and $100.00 cheaper good set all in all has S-IPS panel very good view angle .
You could also take a chance on inexpensive (cheap) Vizio with who knows what is inside of it I won't bother to link
Considering what ever she has doesn't even have component outputs i am going to guess it doesn't support hdtv. I have tried to get her to upgrade but between her shows she wants to keep and to her seeing no difference between hd and sd its a hard go.

What do you think of the lg 47 inch. I am afraid with the huge border her current one has, one the same size will look small.

Last edited by wapacz; Today at 07:18 AM.
post #5477 of 5477 Old Today, 07:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello, folks.

My name is Antonio, first message here. I need to buy NOW a new TV but I don´t have a clue, maybe you can help.

To keep it simple, I´ll propose the following options:

1. Panasonic TX 55 AS 640E ---- 1100€
2. Samsung UE55H6410 ---- 1250 €
3. LG 55LB730 ------ 1350 €
4. Samsung UE55H7000------ 1500 €

I don´t need something of spectacular image quality, just something decent and fast enough for action movies or the occasional videogame session. It´s important that the upscale is good, as I watch lots of DVDs and SD videos.

Option 1, the Panasonic, is the cheapest one, but I fear that the processor could be outdated so it won´t be able to display smoothly heavy stuff through DNLA. Also, I don´t know if it can display TV content in the tablet through Miracast.

Options 3 and 4 are the most expensive. The LG 730 is slightly more cheaper, it can´t display Flash, if I´m not mistaken but I´ve been told that the image quality is a bit better. Also I don´t know if the Samsung 7000 can stream Flash smoothly enough so maybe the lack of Flash issue in the LG is non problem.

Finally, option 2, the Samsung 6410 is an intermediate option. It has not microdimming so I don´t know if the image quality is much worse than the more expensive 7000.

Thanks in advance.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch Led Hdtv Un55b8500 , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Lg 55lh40 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Toshiba , Cables Interconnects
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page