Forum Jump: 

post #5611 of 5640 Old 08-20-2014, 05:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by coonana View Post
Thanks, Ive been looking in to it. Know about their input lag and response times?
I'm not a gamer so I haven't paid much attention but people seem to like it. My sense had been get the Sony for games and the Samsung for movies. That may be true but the Sony looked so stinking good I'm going for it.
tubetwister likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5612 of 5640 Old 08-20-2014, 07:20 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Hi i need recommandation on a 4k tv my budget is $1.5-$2k im planning 50 inch but not more than 60inch ill be using it for movies and tv shows. And my wife samsung so any recommendations on samsung brands are welcome. Btw the room is living room and i have 1 window opening.
post #5613 of 5640 Old 08-20-2014, 07:32 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetwister View Post
IMO Samsung UN65H6300 is better ............. because it's not a not a Vizio ☺ and doesn't use a Sharp ASV panel
Care to elaborate? Thanks
post #5614 of 5640 Old 08-20-2014, 07:37 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGATURON View Post
Hi i need recommandation on a 4k tv my budget is $1.5-$2k im planning 50 inch but not more than 60inch ill be using it for movies and tv shows. And my wife samsung so any recommendations on samsung brands are welcome. Btw the room is living room and i have 1 window opening.
I'm in the same boat. I'm leaning towards the 8550 55" Samsung. Great blacks and great colors. Price is at the top of your budget but will be worth it.
tubetwister likes this.
post #5615 of 5640 Old 08-20-2014, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Quoted: 440 Post(s)
Liked: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapper62 View Post
Care to elaborate? Thanks
Try reading the owners threads here might be able to give you more info TBH on LCD I would buy Sony then Samsung maybe Panasonic or Toshiba and never Visio. I have 2013 Samsung Plasma ,2013 Sony LED and late 2012 Toshiba LED they all spank anything out of Viseo including the one UR looking at with the Sharp ASV panel, the 55" Viseo might have a better panel it seems to be one of the better Visio picture wise when I saw it and that's what folks say . The Samsung is decent .

I'm not a fan of Viseo local dimming or frame dimming either. IMO too inaccurate and slow not enough dimming zones crushes dark and black detail among other things can reduce overall brightness and they like to clip whites Thats what I saw when I looked at them so did Rtings.com + who knows whats in those things. just go back a handful of pages in this thread and read comments on the Sony's ,Samsung is decent also as long U get one with a Samsung or maybe an AUO panel in it .

IMO in that price range U R better off with a better panel and video processing to begin with that doesn't need that stuff in the first place such as you would be likely to find in a Sony or Samsung or Toshiba or Panasonic .

IMO U need to spend about 4 large to get a set with decent (FALD )local dimming something something like a Sony 65X900B 4K Ultra HD TV or something like that lots more zones and lots of other stuff to go with it you ain't going to see in a Visio at least not the B or M models the Visio Pee <sic> isn't out yet so nobody knows about that yet .

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. "can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -

Last edited by tubetwister; 08-20-2014 at 09:43 AM.
post #5616 of 5640 Old 08-20-2014, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, lightning took out my LN55B650 as well as 2 other tv's, so I need a replacement.

1. Budget ~$2000 but lower is better. If there's a unit that is just absolutely awesome but a couple hundred over budget I may be able to stretch it, but not 25% over budget.
2. Seating distance ~ 10-12ft
3. Size/placement limitations -***Edit: Size preferred 60"-70" Placed on entertainment stand, but will likely wall mount soon.
4. Uses and sources - 40% DirecTV (kids shows, sports, lots of HD content), 50% Movies (mostly from HTPC, but some from BD and DVD), 10% online content (mostly just youtube with the kids, but would like to utilize for Netflix, HULU, etc.)
5. Room lighting - Semi-controlled. TV on wall adjacent to windows. Dark thick curtains, but not blackout. However, most of the important viewing is at night so natural light isn't much issue.

Don't really care about 3D, but if it has it it will surely be novel for the 3 young kids. Most critical is clarity of the picture, dark blacks, basically as much cinematic quality as possible. Prefer to have faster refresh for sports. Oh, and no curved screens please.

Smart features would be appreciated.

Thanks for the input.

Last edited by scfoxman; 08-20-2014 at 10:55 AM.
post #5617 of 5640 Old 08-20-2014, 11:25 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Sharp LC-70UQ17U or Sony XBR-65X850B?

Sharp LC-70UQ17U or Sony XBR-65X850B? Would primarily be used as a monitor for general PC usage, PC gaming and console gaming. Just looking for recommendations to help me decide. 5 more inch of screen or go with 4k (which is just a novelty at the moment, but a 4k TV might be more future-proof). Response time, heat omission are the only other things for me to consider. I've read some reviews and impressions for both, but I'm torn. If anyone will weigh in, I'd appreciate it.
post #5618 of 5640 Old Yesterday, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHT View Post

With Sony, I only saw one model at PC Richards that was 32". It was the Sony KDL32R420B, but I'm disappointed that it was 720p instead of 1080p. I was hoping to upgrade to 1080p at this point, but it seems like all the non-Samsung 32" HDTVs now are all garbage.

I may have to just go with the Sony even though it's only 720p. Surprisingly, when I was at the store, the Sony seem to have better picture quality than many of the other 32" TVs that were 1080p. Now that was ironinc. You'd think the higher resolution TVs would look better. So, maybe I'm going crazy.

Last weekend I bought the Sony KDL32R420B for my bedroom. On a TV that size, 720P works out just fine.

I bought it at a retail outlet so I could do an easy return if I got a bad TV. Sales tax holiday, so it actually was cheaper to buy local than via an on line purchase like Amazon.

No dead pixels, clean screen, with a nice picture after a few adjustments.
post #5619 of 5640 Old Yesterday, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dy1316 View Post
Sharp LC-70UQ17U or Sony XBR-65X850B? Would primarily be used as a monitor for general PC usage, PC gaming and console gaming. Just looking for recommendations to help me decide. 5 more inch of screen or go with 4k (which is just a novelty at the moment, but a 4k TV might be more future-proof). Response time, heat omission are the only other things for me to consider. I've read some reviews and impressions for both, but I'm torn. If anyone will weigh in, I'd appreciate it.
FWIW ,

C net (TV Reviews for dummies )

Quote:
The Good The Sharp LC-UQ17U offers decent picture quality with relatively deep blacks and excellent shadow detail; having a native 4K input might be useful in the future.

The Bad Too expensive given it's not a true 4K TV; the Revelation upscaling engine adds artifacts in dark scenes and can actually obscure fine 1080p detail; discernible pixel structure prevents sitting close enough to perceive 4K-like detail; THX mode could be more accurate; occasional solarizing color artifacts.
The Bottom Line While the Sharp LC-UQ17U offers decent picture quality its pseudo-4K features simply aren't worth paying extra for.

http://www.cnet.com/products/sharp-lc-70uq17u/
LCD TVbuying guide
Sony XBR65X850B (another TV Reviews for dummies site )

Quote:
Picture Quality Rating: 92/100
Triluminous Display
This wide-gamut color technology has been fantastic for Sony for a couple years. It produces much more realism and true-to-life color renditions than most of Sony's competitors, and in general takes less calibration effort to obtain a watchable picture solution.

Up-Conversion of HD to 4K
Another strength of Sony and the XBR65X850B is the up-conversion of non-4K content. Sony has always had exceptional processing in this area and the X850B does a very nice job displaying HD and 480p content. While the up-scaled images will vary a good bit by content source, Sony's X-Reality Pro processing engine
is second to none in this department. That's important considering most of the content you will view on this TV will not be 4K. My impression after watching a few programs is that even with the upscaling, the X850B delivers a crisper more detailed picture, with few if any artificial artifacts (Internet streaming excepted).
http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/...r-65x850b.html
FWIW folks seem to like the XBR65X850B around here

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. "can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"

Last edited by tubetwister; Yesterday at 10:22 AM.
post #5620 of 5640 Old Yesterday, 10:36 AM

Thanks tubetwister, leaning toward the Sony now.
post #5621 of 5640 Old Yesterday, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks tubetwister, leaning toward the Sony now.

I'm watching a Sony 2013 Sony LED right now real good picture plays nice in the dark also . I shopped around a lot and read reviews before I bought , it came down to this one or a Samsung that was real decent also either one would have probably been fine .
In fact this one has a real decent Samsung panel in it. decent as well .

I think the W65x850B uses an LGD ( LG) passive 3D panel and no FALD so it might not have the best black levels for night/dark room viewing a little ambient or rear bias lighting can help that at night . on the plus side it has a Triluminous display

Last edited by tubetwister; Yesterday at 11:04 AM.
post #5622 of 5640 Old Yesterday, 11:07 AM

Budget: < $2000.

Seating Distance: 12 - 14ft

Size / Placement Limitation: 55-60" Will be mounted on a entertainment stand that has a max size limitation of 60". There is some off axis seating; I understand LDCs don't perform particularly well off axis but the room is quite bright so didn't think a plasma would be a good fit.

Uses / Sources: 75% TV/Movies with ~1/2 of that being sports. 25% Gaming - XB1 or PC Steaming.

Lighting: Bright room with large windows directly opposite the screen.

Thanks in advance
post #5623 of 5640 Old Yesterday, 01:30 PM

I went to BB for a longer look at the Sony 55W700b and at first I thought it looked great but there's a section of their own demo video that has some PQ issues. There's an almost moire effect in a night shot of the coliseum that can't be intentional. Now I'm in a quandry; Do I get this anyway knowing that no set is perfect (regardless of price) or do I keep looking?

My question for you is, how far up the price ladder do I need to go in order to notice a meaningful improvement in PQ? My budget was $1,000 - will $1,200 make a difference? $1,500?

From a practical perspective I want 3 things:
1 - A golf/baseball to look good in flight.
2 - Shadowy scenes to have some detail (opening of The Usual Suspects)
3 - News/sports/weather crawls should be easy to read.

Bright room - 55" screen max - 10' seating

Don't care about 3D, smart functions, gaming or sound.
post #5624 of 5640 Old Yesterday, 01:38 PM

1. Budget - $1,000 - $1,800
2. Seating distance - 10ft-12ft
3. Size/placement limitations - none
4. Uses and sources - HD Cable TV, Playstation 4, HTPC, XBMC,
5. Room lighting - Mostly dark viewing with curtains closed.

Looking for a slim tv with a slim bezel

Last edited by James Young; Yesterday at 01:42 PM.
post #5625 of 5640 Old Yesterday, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxdmax View Post
I went to BB for a longer look at the Sony 55W700b and at first I thought it looked great but there's a section of their own demo video that has some PQ issues. There's an almost moire effect in a night shot of the coliseum that can't be intentional. Now I'm in a quandry; Do I get this anyway knowing that no set is perfect (regardless of price) or do I keep looking?

My question for you is, how far up the price ladder do I need to go in order to notice a meaningful improvement in PQ? My budget was $1,000 - will $1,200 make a difference? $1,500?

From a practical perspective I want 3 things:
1 - A golf/baseball to look good in flight.
2 - Shadowy scenes to have some detail (opening of The Usual Suspects)
3 - News/sports/weather crawls should be easy to read.

Bright room - 55" screen max - 10' seating

Don't care about 3D, smart functions, gaming or sound.
All LCD does that to an extent it is a sample and hold technology , higher refresh rates and faster panel can help
W800/850 B will arguably have better panels and motion flow processing also vivid store mode settings don't help .

Last edited by tubetwister; Yesterday at 01:50 PM.
post #5626 of 5640 Old Yesterday, 03:19 PM

I suppose the most reasonable course of action is to get the 700 and watch The US Open, Batman and TWC rather than sweat it in advance. If I get my 3 wishes I'll program the remote and relax.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #5627 of 5640 Old Yesterday, 04:11 PM

Samsung UN65HU8550 vs. Sony XBR-65X900B vs. Sony XBR-65X8550B

I think I've decided to skip the larger screen and get a 4k... But now I'm torn between these 3. I've heard the 900B has the best picture quality, but the other two are really good as well. I'm a little weary of Samsung, I love their TVs but 3 of the 4 I've owned, have experience some sort of significant issue during their respective lifespans, usually power related. The Samsung seems like it might be a little more future proof than either Sony, but the 900B has top notch picture... however it's also 1000$ more expensive (and those speakers are both ugly and unnecessary for me). Saving 1000$ is great, but even then I wouldn't know which "8550" I would want. the Samsung HU9000 also caught my eye, but it's also 1000$ more an I'd want to demo the curved screen a bit more. I'm gonna look through their respective threads, but if someone give their advise, it might make it a bit easier on me. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by dy1316; Yesterday at 04:20 PM.
post #5628 of 5640 Old Yesterday, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
I think I've decided to skip the larger screen and get a 4k... But now I'm torn between these 3. I've heard the 900B has the best picture quality, but the other two are really good as well. I'm a little weary of Samsung, I love their TVs but 3 of the 4 I've owned, have experience some sort of significant issue during their respective lifespans, usually power related. The Samsung seems like it might be a little more future proof than either Sony, but the 900B has top notch picture... however it's also 1000$ more expensive (and those speakers are both ugly and unnecessary for me). Saving 1000$ is great, but even then I wouldn't know which "8550" I would want. the Samsung HU9000 also caught my eye, but it's also 1000$ more an I'd want to demo the curved screen a bit more. I'm gonna look through their respective threads, but if someone give their advise, it might make it a bit easier on me. Thanks in advance.
Well, just start with the speaker situation on the 900B. To me, it's a deal-breaker. Intensely ugly, useless if you have a sound system, and makes the TV unnecessarily huge. Yes, I want the best picture, but the thing is off more than its on, and I'd be embarrassed by the 900B. So, eliminate that one off the bat. My 2 cents.
dy1316 likes this.

I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor.
post #5629 of 5640 Old Yesterday, 10:37 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Sony XBR55X850A vs Sony XBR55X850B vs Samsung UN55HU8550

I could really use some help on this if you guys have any input. I'm having a hard time narrowing down which set I want to go with and so far these are the 3 that have stood out but I'm always willing to hear if anyone else has any suggestions.

Motion performance for sports and console gaming performance in regards to input lag are very important to me but I also watch a fair amount of movies and cable. I'm actually getting it more for the 1080p performance than the 4k, it just so happens that these are these are around the same price as the non 4k sets I looked at so I figured it was worth it.

I've heard good things about the Sony's and I've heard that the 850a is better with black levels and shadow detail because of the local dimming, while the 850b has Netflix 4k streaming built in which is a nice touch.

Anything else you guys can provide as far as your opinions on which one of these (or any other sets for that matter) that fit with what I mentioned would be much appreciated.

Thanks
post #5630 of 5640 Old Today, 12:26 AM

Quote:
I'm on my 4 th one over the years .. one main reason is they do what they are supposed to do better than most
that is make good pictures ,good color and play nice in the dark . Some of the Samsung aren't half bad either if you luck out in the Samsung panel lottery . Best picture shy of a few grand is Samsung f5300/f5500/f5800 Plasma in controlled lighting conditions or for for best 55" or almost any TV on earth the $3500.00 LG OLED other than that Sony or Samsung LED .

Sharps used to be good mostly also rans now nobody's been talking about sharps any more for years aside from the Excellent now discontinued Sharp Elite's`I don't even think they gave an owners thread here anymore other than maybe an Elite thread .

Panasonic ain't no big thing anymore since they got out of plasma. OEM TPV makes all their sets in China now
Same co. that owns 25% of Visio and all of Phillips TV now and makes lot of TV different brands sets .

Nobody's talking much about them here either since they quit plasma after all this is the spot for all things TV
if we ain't talking about it it ain't happening although they probably have a couple of decent sets as long as you don't buy bottom end there .

LG 55LB5550 looks exactly like a direct back lit IPS panel LG55LN5400 US model if you buy most any LG If you don't have a dark room it's fine only major downside is poor blacks when you have the lights down or off plenty bright in daylight and pretty solid in those conditions .

The LN5400 does not perform well in a dark room probably same thing with it's Canadian sibling LG 55LB5550 The blacks are gray due to the poor contrast typical of IPS panels without local zone dimming or FALD that was probably your problem.

I also have an LG 42LN 5300 basically same series as above sets it has an IPS panel like almost every other LG on the planet since they make their own panels via LG display as part of the L.G. conglomerate you have to spend a few thousand dollars to get an LG or any IPS panel set with l that plays nice in the dark (there are some )the 5400,5500
dollars aren't up to the task there .
I am hoping you'd be able to weigh in for me. i am a total noob at forums and tvs both so please bear with me. I was reading your convo with "thunder god" and i have some questions that are kinda all over the place.I think I'm aiming for the kdl-60w630.i don't care for 3d smart features or 4k(yet) and all the other specs seem pretty good for me but all i know from all my research on tvs is don't trust the specs so i don't know what to trust i want as good of a picture as possible without spending all the money i don't have. Btw 90% PS4 10% tv/netflix

1. Your a long time Sony owner right? on your 4th one? Ive been hearing not so great things about the quality of sony tvs (such as flash lighting and clouding) and some things more severe like if you get a sony your tv won't work in 2 or 3 years. have you had to replace 3 sony tvs or are you just filling your house with them haha.

2. Local dimming and full array keep popping into mind should i look elsewhere (lg, samsung, vizio) to find such features?

3. Also, you mentioned Plasma to ThunderGod. I don't know a single thing about it except for lower price, image retention (although cnet says its not a problem), and superior picture... would you recommend plasma tv for me? if so do you have any models in mind (with reasons for choosing that model). not knowing much about it plasma is sounding like a sweet choice

..... Seriously, thank you so much in advance idk if i posted the right way or anything but i would truly appreciate some active feedback
post #5631 of 5640 Old Today, 05:05 AM
AVS Special Member

EDIT corrections :
kdl-60w630 may be fine for the money it probably has decent VA panel, new model I don't know much about it
looks like 120Hz panel and motion flow XR240 step up model from W600B with edge light panel .

Flash lighting and clouding are common to any edge light set no matter who makes it the trick is to get one with minimal issues it's the luck of the draw in any brand . W630 and W600 are back lit and should be free of to many issued .

W800B /W850 arguably have better panels and processing thus better pictures also edge lit .

Plasma is excellent in dim or light controlled rooms Samsung PN51f5300 and PN 60f5300 offer a lot of value picture vs cost wise but can have image retention issues with static images or static news banners for prolonged time on screen any of the above Sony or Samsung LED 5500 ,6300.,6350 6400 sets are decent also

Last edited by tubetwister; Today at 03:27 PM.
post #5632 of 5640 Old Today, 02:28 PM

60” (diag) W630B LED HDTV

I really like this one. I don't know if its a step down from the Sony W700 but its larger.

Does anyone know the input lag on W630?
post #5633 of 5640 Old Today, 02:36 PM

Quote:
kdl-60w630 is fine for the money it has VA lcd panel with decent min. black levels not to many issues with those (min black levels and good contrast make the picture have depth and good color ) not to many issues with those
its the same as W600B a value as is the Best buy US exclusive Sony 55W700B also with a VA panel . next step up is the Sont 800B that adds 3D .

Flash lighting and clouding are common to any edge light set no matter who makes it the trick is to get one with minimal issues it's the luck of the draw in any brand . W630 and W600 are back lit and should be free of to many issued .
have you seen any evidence that the 600 and 630 are using the same panel and are both direct lit? i'd assume so, but haven't seen any info. also all of the specs for the 630 indicate a 120hz panel, while the 600 is 60hz. i don't care about the refresh necessarily, but am wondering what other differences, if any, there are.
post #5634 of 5640 Old Today, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thearthurclone View Post
have you seen any evidence that the 600 and 630 are using the same panel and are both direct lit? i'd assume so, but haven't seen any info. also all of the specs for the 630 indicate a 120hz panel, while the 600 is 60hz. i don't care about the refresh necessarily, but am wondering what other differences, if any, there are.
Looks like as you say the W630B is 120Hz Edge light Panel and XR240 motion flow (single dynamic frame insertion probably ) .

I thought W630B was a W600B maybe Costco /Sams Club or something clone apparently it is not . (That would *usually* be a normal naming convention for Sony ) B&H has it so it would be a broad market model .

After looking just now I think the the W630B is unique 60" size only ( so far ) I haven't seen any other size looks like a step up broad market model from W600B bigger screen and 120Hz.+ XR 240 motion flow.

Again looks like a step up model from W600B and maybe close 5" bigger 2 D cousin to 2 D 55W700B Best Buy
(for now ) model .W630B may only differ from Best Buy Sony W700B in price + bigger screen and broad market availability (outside of Best buy ) otherwise specs appear same .

Glad you raised the question I updated my last posting to reflect what I just read regards .

Last edited by tubetwister; Today at 03:41 PM.
post #5635 of 5640 Old Today, 03:40 PM

Any comments on this KDL50W700B Sony?

Can't find any reviews or a thread here.
post #5636 of 5640 Old Today, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IR A IP T 0 IR View Post
Any comments on this KDL50W700B Sony?

Can't find any reviews or a thread here.
New Best Buy (for now model ) just put it in search here no owner thread yet folks here that bought it like ,it is step up larger 50+ 55" + 120Hz panel from W600B . Looks like a bridge product between W600B and 3D W800B
should be comments in this thread Sony 2014 W600B,W800B,W850B or further back recently here in this thread try search . I've seen some comments not 2 long ago .

Last edited by tubetwister; Today at 03:50 PM.
post #5637 of 5640 Old Today, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Looks like as you say the W630B is 120Hz Edge light Panel and XR240 motion flow (single dynamic frame insertion probably ) .

I thought W630B was a W600B maybe Costco /Sams Club or something clone apparently it is not . (That would *usually* be a normal naming convention for Sony ) B&H has it so it would be a broad market model .

After looking just now I think the the W630B is unique 60" size only ( so far ) I haven't seen any other size looks like a step up broad market model from W600B bigger screen and 120Hz.+ XR 240 motion flow.

Again looks like a step up model from W600B and maybe close 5" bigger 2 D cousin to 2 D 55W700B Best Buy
(for now ) model .W630B may only differ from Best Buy Sony W700B in price + bigger screen and broad market availability (outside of Best buy ) otherwise specs appear same .

Glad you raised the question I updated my last posting to reflect what I just read regards .
yeah. costco currently has the w590 at 40" and 48", which appear to be the w600 equivalent. i was sort of hoping the 630 might be the 700 equivalent and they'd get some in the 50" and 55" sizes...but that's pretty tall wishful thinking.
post #5638 of 5640 Old Today, 03:55 PM

Quote:
New Best Buy (for now model ) just put it in search here no owner thread yet folks here that bought it like ,it is step up larger 50+ 55" + 120Hz panel from W600B . Looks like a bridge product between W600B and 3D W800B
should be comments in this thread Sony 2014 W600B,W800B,W850B or further back recently here in this thread try search . I've seen some comments not 2 long ago .
here's a thread on the w700, a few owners in there reporting satisfaction...though not a ton of thorough info yet
Sony kdl55w700b
post #5639 of 5640 Old Today, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thearthurclone View Post
here's a thread on the w700, a few owners in there reporting satisfaction...though not a ton of thorough info yet
Sony kdl55w700b
Alrigght, thanks will wait a bit then.
post #5640 of 5640 Old Today, 06:10 PM

Howdy everybody.

I've come upon the potential deal of a lifetime for me. I'm selling my trustworthy Panasonic PX80 due to space issues, and have decided to get a 32 inch LCD instead. Yes, I know the picture will be far from good ol' plasma standards, and that's bugging me a lot... But the situation is what it is.

So, I was planning on buying a Sony KDL-32W705, which seems to be a good set for someone like me who plays video games 50 percent of the time and the other 50 percent watching movies. Reasonably low input lag and good image quality, and so on and so forth.

A few minutes ago I stumbled across an ad for a used KDL-32W4000 from 2008. This was a great TV back in the day and it supposedly has virtually no input lag, but slightly worse black level and no support of 4:4:4 chroma. It's less than half the price of a new 32W705 though, so maybe it might be a bargain.

I'll be sitting in a dimly lit room, about two metres away from the TV. Movies and games, that's basically it. Probably won't use it as a monitor, just occasionally.

So, what do you guys think? Which TV would you choose?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch Led Hdtv Un55b8500 , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Lg 55lh40 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Toshiba , Cables Interconnects
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page