Well, lightning took out my LN55B650 as well as 2 other tv's, so I need a replacement.
1. Budget ~$2000 but lower is better. If there's a unit that is just absolutely awesome but a couple hundred over budget I may be able to stretch it, but not 25% over budget.
2. Seating distance ~ 10-12ft
3. Size/placement limitations -***Edit: Size preferred 60"-70" Placed on entertainment stand, but will likely wall mount soon.
4. Uses and sources - 40% DirecTV (kids shows, sports, lots of HD content), 50% Movies (mostly from HTPC, but some from BD and DVD), 10% online content (mostly just youtube with the kids, but would like to utilize for Netflix, HULU, etc.)
5. Room lighting - Semi-controlled. TV on wall adjacent to windows. Dark thick curtains, but not blackout. However, most of the important viewing is at night so natural light isn't much issue.
Don't really care about 3D, but if it has it it will surely be novel for the 3 young kids. Most critical is clarity of the picture, dark blacks, basically as much cinematic quality as possible. Prefer to have faster refresh for sports. Oh, and no curved screens please.
Smart features would be appreciated.
Thanks for the input.
Last edited by scfoxman; Today at 10:55 AM.