Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDolski View Post
Howdy everybody.

I've come upon the potential deal of a lifetime for me. I'm selling my trustworthy Panasonic PX80 due to space issues, and have decided to get a 32 inch LCD instead. Yes, I know the picture will be far from good ol' plasma standards, and that's bugging me a lot... But the situation is what it is.

So, I was planning on buying a Sony KDL-32W705, which seems to be a good set for someone like me who plays video games 50 percent of the time and the other 50 percent watching movies. Reasonably low input lag and good image quality, and so on and so forth.

A few minutes ago I stumbled across an ad for a used KDL-32W4000 from 2008. This was a great TV back in the day and it supposedly has virtually no input lag, but slightly worse black level and no support of 4:4:4 chroma. It's less than half the price of a new 32W705 though, so maybe it might be a bargain.

I'll be sitting in a dimly lit room, about two metres away from the TV. Movies and games, that's basically it. Probably won't use it as a monitor, just occasionally.

So, what do you guys think? Which TV would you choose?
5 yr old LCD is old shouldn't be half price of new equivalent but maybe one quarter price if that .
game consoles and PC often support YbCbCr 4:4:4: 0-255 color and full RGB 0-255 in addition to YbCbCr 16-235 or std RGB 16-235 if you cam swing it go for new Sony or look at Panasonic 32 or maybe Toshiba 32 Toshiba usually game well

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. "can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5642 of 5643 Old Today, 01:54 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetwister View Post
5 yr old LCD is old shouldn't be half price of new equivalent but maybe one quarter price if that .
game consoles and PC often support YbCbCr 4:4:4: 0-255 color and full RGB 0-255 in addition to YbCbCr 16-235 or std RGB 16-235 if you cam swing it go for new Sony or look at Panasonic 32 or maybe Toshiba 32 Toshiba usually game well
Thanks, tubetwister. That's sort of what I wanted to hear, I guess. Probably won't indulge in a set from Toshiba or Panasonic, they seem to be lacking in picture quality compared to Sony. Also, the input lag is pretty much guaranteed to be top notch (or thereabout) on W705B.
post #5643 of 5643 Old Today, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDolski View Post
Thanks, tubetwister. That's sort of what I wanted to hear, I guess. Probably won't indulge in a set from Toshiba or Panasonic, they seem to be lacking in picture quality compared to Sony. Also, the input lag is pretty much guaranteed to be top notch (or thereabout) on W705B.
AFAIK Sony 32" R4 has good reviews if you want a great deal these guys on ebay have 2013 and 2014
refurbish mostly New in box but tested so they call them refurb most are actually new and only a slight damage carton
They have a 1 yr warranty there same as new I bought a 2013 Sony 40" R4 there for about 45% off it was new in box only small damage to carton fast free shipping 4- 5 days from il. to ca. no tax top rated plus e bay seller it's actually better has better panel than same 2014 model but 2014 is still plenty good .

Here is a 1080p 40 inch Sony S/B decent game set with Wifi about same for what you can get a 32" with tax for has 1 yr warranty.
Sony W590B is same as 2014 W600B only Costco /Sams club model otherwise identical same same.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-40-KDL-...item20ea2ccbaa

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. "can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -

Last edited by tubetwister; Today at 08:21 AM.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch Led Hdtv Un55b8500 , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Lg 55lh40 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Toshiba , Cables Interconnects
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page