AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by suppaman View Post
Are you postive on that? I'm pretty sure the B2 panels are the IPS panels and the B3's are Sharp VA panels. If you are going by the rtings review they did a 55" M series not a 60" (I apologize if I'm wrong, I didn't dig through the M series thread, but I would imagine that series judging by Vizio's TV's this year/designations along with the reviews would indicate the B1, B2, B3 panels hold the same throughout the E, M and P series lines).
rtrings.com review had the E600i-B3 model as VA panel and the Vizio M552i-B2 as IPS panel . Looks like I must have confused the . M602i-B3 as a M552i-B2 my bad .
I don't know for sure what the M602i-B3 has.

I believe 60" (maybe 65" ) and 70" E and M Vizio are Sharp ASV panels but have not confirmed that.

If I were looking for a 1080p bargain the Vizio E600i-B3 with a VA would be worth a look not the Vizio M552i-B2 with IPS IMO.

I take rtings.com reviews more seriously than C net myself .
rtings liked the Samsung 6350 a little better than the Sony W600B ofc it costs more it should be better . Sony W600B is always Samsung panel all sizes . The rest are mostly AUO AMVA and a few LGD IPS .

I have a 2014 Sony Panel list with everything they make except 2 models that are both unknown VA panels ( either AUO or Samsung both are decent ) . One good thing about Sony is once you know the panel in a model that's what you get .

Samsung 6xxx can be Samsung AUO ,Sharp,CMO and another panel I can't remember you have to get lucky or read up on the panel version codes on the box B4 you buy .

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -

Last edited by tubetwister; Yesterday at 11:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5822 of 5829 Old Yesterday, 11:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAlias View Post
Thanks for the reply!

I will remove the M602i-B3 as a possible option as didnt know it was an IPS panel.

Is there any advantage to the 850B over the 630B in picture quality considering that I don't watch any 3D?

OOPS big mistake ! M602i-B3 *may have * a Sharp ASV (VA) or other VA panel . I was confusing it with M5502i-B2 my bad .

OTOH only one for sure I know of with a VA panel is the E602iB3 confirmed at rtings.com as a VA panel

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"

Last edited by tubetwister; Yesterday at 11:24 PM.
post #5823 of 5829 Old Today, 07:08 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetwister View Post
OOPS big mistake ! M602i-B3 *may have * a Sharp ASV (VA) or other VA panel . I was confusing it with M5502i-B2 my bad .

OTOH only one for sure I know of with a VA panel is the E602iB3 confirmed at rtings.com as a VA panel
Well apparently according to some there's a possibility of disputing that now (based on the last page in this thread).

Still seems fairly odd if all of a sudden a few people are getting IPS panels that are desiganted as B3's.

That said I have a e600i-B3 and it's a Sharp VA panel. The Sony likely looks a little better but the Sony in the end would've cost me $500-600 more for a 60" and if I dropped to a 55" it would've been a smaller TV that cost about $300+ more. Wasn't worth the trade off to me at this time regarding price especially since the 60" E had near identical lag input numbers for gaming etc. Pretty much as usual no perfect TV, there's always trade offs, even if you go with higher cachet name brands and spend thousands more.

I'll add the Sony will be a wedge design if you go above budget to the 850B. I'm against that design personally. It may be minimal and it may allow for a better speakers internally, but it's just a preference that my viewing angle/picture not be messed with.

Also if you go Vizio I hope you have some sort of other speaker setup. The speakers in the TV are god awful, then again my only other HDTV was Panny's top of the line from about 5-6 years ago when they stuffed a bunch of mini subs and other speakers in them (which of course made the bezel larger). I can't verify what any of the Sony's sound like, I would assume somewhat better but I wouldn't hold my breath regarding flat screen embedded speakers now of days.
post #5824 of 5829 Old Today, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Well apparently according to some there's a possibility of disputing that now (based on the last page in this thread).

Still seems fairly odd if all of a sudden a few people are getting IPS panels that are desiganted as B3's.

That said I have a e600i-B3 and it's a Sharp VA panel. The Sony likely looks a little better but the Sony in the end would've cost me $500-600 more for a 60" and if I dropped to a 55" it would've been a smaller TV that cost about $300+ more. Wasn't worth the trade off to me at this time regarding price especially since the 60" E had near identical lag input numbers for gaming etc. Pretty much as usual no perfect TV, there's always trade offs, even if you go with higher cachet name brands and spend thousands more.

I'll add the Sony will be a wedge design if you go above budget to the 850B. I'm against that design personally. It may be minimal and it may allow for a better speakers internally, but it's just a preference that my viewing angle/picture not be messed with.

Also if you go Vizio I hope you have some sort of other speaker setup. The speakers in the TV are god awful, then again my only other HDTV was Panny's top of the line from about 5-6 years ago when they stuffed a bunch of mini subs and other speakers in them (which of course made the bezel larger). I can't verify what any of the Sony's sound like, I would assume somewhat better but I wouldn't hold my breath regarding flat screen embedded speakers now of days.
TBH I'm not real fond of the Wedge design on the W850B either . The Vizio e600i-B3 is good deal it should be fine for lot's of folks it scored real well at rtings.com . If I was looking for a 60" I would have it on my short list .

I'm not looking to buy anything. I've got 5 sets here 2 are 2013 purchases one in 2014 and 2 in 2012 they are Sony,Samsung,LG and Toshiba . Next move might be a Sony or Panasonic OLED if and when they come out if the price is not to egregious no hurry though.

The 2013 Samsung plasma here takes care of emissive display work here for now the Sony is in here next to the computer /office desk other sets are in different rooms ofc .

post #5825 of 5829 Old Today, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetwister View Post
TBH I'm not real fond of the Wedge design on the W850B either . The Vizio e600i-B3 is good deal it should be fine for lot's of folks it scored real well at rtings.com . If I was looking for a 60" I would have it on my short list .

I'm not looking to buy anything. I've got 5 sets here 2 are 2013 purchases one in 2014 and 2 in 2012 they are Sony,Samsung,LG and Toshiba . Next move might be a Sony or Panasonic OLED if and when they come out if the price is not to egregious no hurry though.

The 2013 Samsung plasma here takes care of emissive display work here for now the Sony is in here next to the computer /office desk other sets are in different rooms ofc .
Yeah I wasn't aiming at "helping" you haha, it was the other member asking for TV advice in that range that I believe we were both trying to help.

I'm thinking the discrepacy with the Vizio panels is the P series differing from the E/M after reading some of the P owners thread.. Makes sense since P series is 4K and the E/M so they clearly wouldn't exactly line up 1-1.
post #5826 of 5829 Old Today, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yeah I wasn't aiming at "helping" you haha, it was the other member asking for TV advice in that range that I believe we were both trying to help.

I'm thinking the discrepacy with the Vizio panels is the P series differing from the E/M after reading some of the P owners thread.. Makes sense since P series is 4K and the E/M so they clearly wouldn't exactly line up 1-1.
Panels are hard to figure on most sets Vizio is not alone there that's for sure . On my sets I just go into the service menu or if wanting to know before I buy it can take some digging or a remote in hand at Best buy and goto serv menu when nobody's looking if you know the access code . OTOH for the LCD cognoscenti a jewelers loupe will at least give you a decent idea .

post #5827 of 5829 Old Today, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the help guys. Yeah I am not a fan of the wedge design on the W850B either. Right now the E series 60 seems like a better bet than the M series 60" considering the panel debate.
post #5828 of 5829 Old Today, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Has anyone had a chance to compare the Vizio E600I-B3 to the Sony KDL60W630B? Is it worth the $400 price difference?
post #5829 of 5829 Old Today, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by david118383 View Post
Has anyone had a chance to compare the Vizio E600I-B3 to the Sony KDL60W630B? Is it worth the $400 price difference?
I'd be interest to know as well. It's hard for me to get last the mental block of Vizio as being cheap.

KDL60W630B Is my front runner right now. Need to spend some store time though. 90% of my viewing is probably 8ft or so from the tv and sometimes I wonder if 60" might be pushing it as too big and I should go 55". Decisions. Decisions
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch Led Hdtv Un55b8500 , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Lg 55lh40 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Toshiba , Cables Interconnects
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page