Forum Jump: 

post #6211 of 6213 Old Yesterday, 08:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by framewire13 View Post
Hey everyone. I am looking at the Samsung UN32H5201 and had a few questions. Is this model the same as the UN32H5203? I've found reviews for the 5203, but I can't find much about the 5201. Samsung's site lists them separately, but the listings look identical as far as I can tell.

What is the input lag for this set? Also, I've seen some concerns about motion blurring. The TV would be used for gaming, so poor input lag and motion performance could be an issue.

Thank you! I'm new to this, so any advice will be much appreciated.

As for lag input check out this site: it won't let me link it so display lag (all together) dot com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6212 of 6213 Old Yesterday, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Stone View Post
As for lag input check out this site: it won't let me link it so display lag (all together) dot com
Thanks Nikki. I checked DisplayLag before posting, but was unable to locate any results for this TV.
post #6213 of 6213 Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvwine View Post
Sony XBR79x900 versus Samsung 75U8550
I have given up on waiting for OLED at this point. I have a newly built media room and need a TV I can hang on the wall and be happy with for a while. My budget was $5k for a TV. I can get a 75" Samsung U8550 for a hair under $5k or I can stretch the budget to $5600 and get the Sony. The Sony is bigger and has passive versus active 3D. However, the Sony has those ugly speakers on the side I won't need with a surround sound processor, and may be less future proof as the Samsung has the One Connect box I can buy should things change next year. I have also read their implementation of Active 3D is pretty good. I have not and don't expect to watch a great deal of 3D so not sure how much of a factor that is. We will sit about 9' away from the screen and I plan on streaming 4K some as it becomes more available. Any thoughts on whether one or the other is a better TV for our purposes??

Thanks for any thoughts!
Those speakers are a deal breaker for me. What was Sony thinking? I would go for the 8550. It has great reviews.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch Led Hdtv Un55b8500 , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Lg 55lh40 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Toshiba , Cables Interconnects
Gear in this thread