Forum Jump: 

post #6211 of 6218 Old 11-26-2014, 08:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by framewire13 View Post
Hey everyone. I am looking at the Samsung UN32H5201 and had a few questions. Is this model the same as the UN32H5203? I've found reviews for the 5203, but I can't find much about the 5201. Samsung's site lists them separately, but the listings look identical as far as I can tell.

What is the input lag for this set? Also, I've seen some concerns about motion blurring. The TV would be used for gaming, so poor input lag and motion performance could be an issue.

Thank you! I'm new to this, so any advice will be much appreciated.

As for lag input check out this site: it won't let me link it so display lag (all together) dot com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6212 of 6218 Old 11-26-2014, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Stone View Post
As for lag input check out this site: it won't let me link it so display lag (all together) dot com
Thanks Nikki. I checked DisplayLag before posting, but was unable to locate any results for this TV.
post #6213 of 6218 Old 11-26-2014, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvwine View Post
Sony XBR79x900 versus Samsung 75U8550
I have given up on waiting for OLED at this point. I have a newly built media room and need a TV I can hang on the wall and be happy with for a while. My budget was $5k for a TV. I can get a 75" Samsung U8550 for a hair under $5k or I can stretch the budget to $5600 and get the Sony. The Sony is bigger and has passive versus active 3D. However, the Sony has those ugly speakers on the side I won't need with a surround sound processor, and may be less future proof as the Samsung has the One Connect box I can buy should things change next year. I have also read their implementation of Active 3D is pretty good. I have not and don't expect to watch a great deal of 3D so not sure how much of a factor that is. We will sit about 9' away from the screen and I plan on streaming 4K some as it becomes more available. Any thoughts on whether one or the other is a better TV for our purposes??

Thanks for any thoughts!
Those speakers are a deal breaker for me. What was Sony thinking? I would go for the 8550. It has great reviews.
post #6214 of 6218 Old Yesterday, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I like the idea speakers on the Sony 900. They give you the option of just using TV speakers to watch the nightly news or using your HT speakers for Blu-Ray. Honestly, surround sound is wasted on most of my TV viewing.

The Samsung is a great choice, but don't toss the Sony under a bus just because of the speakers. It seems to me, your TV choice should be based on the whether you like the video or not. I happen to like the Sony video a hair more than the Samsung. However, that was on the 65" models. The 79" Sony uses e a different panel, so it may not have as good contrast as the 65". However, it will also offer a wider viewing angle and a few other benefits of IPS panels.

Edit: I actually don't know if the Sony 79" TV has different contrast or colors. I just glanced at the big screen, saw the price and moved on. I spent a lot of time comparing the 65" models and really liked the Sony more.

Last edited by Hyrax; Yesterday at 01:01 PM.
post #6215 of 6218 Old Yesterday, 04:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Currently still using the Panasonic TC-P42G10 plasma I got 4-5 years ago. How does it stack up with the TVs out now? Seems amazon dropped the prices of a bunch of TVs today for Black Friday... any TVs 40"+ under $600 worth looking at? Or should I just hold onto my Plasma for another year?

Much thanks!
post #6216 of 6218 Old Yesterday, 09:26 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Agree speakers are a negative. The Sony price I have been offered is only $600 more than for the Samsung so I am leaning toward the bigger TV. The reviews give the nod to Sony by a hair for picture but they don't mean much due to panel differences. Sigh. Wish there was good feedback on the 79" panel. I am trusting the seller's recommendation which may be foolhardy.
post #6217 of 6218 Old Yesterday, 10:15 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I just bought a 70" Sony W850B TV via Amazon for $1850. I panicked, as it said 2 left in stock and this was the only 70+ TV that was Smart and had 3D for under 2500.

I'm not sure about this set after doing further research. Is there a better option for a 70 or 75 inch smart TV for $2500 or under?
post #6218 of 6218 Old Today, 05:48 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetwister View Post
Right now there are only 4 or 5 TOTL 4K sets than can display full HDR (high dynamic range ) 4 K color anyway 4K DVD players might trickle out sometime next year (nothing to play on them yet ) they aren't even making 4 K consumer content in any volume at the studios yet . It's going to be longer than 2 years it took ~10 yrs for 1080i/1080p to become mainstream and half of the broadcasts are still 720p . OTOH I think a 4K set can be useful as a large PC monitor if you have a video card with the power to push 2160p/ 60 and a set that supports it or even 2160p/30
that most 4K sets support today .

Broadcast , cable/ sat is HD lite and not really true 720p /1080i/1080p TV aren't mfrs put the cart 4Kway before the horse even before the standards were finalized a lot of 4K sets today won't be able to take advantage of HDR (the main benifit of HDR and 4K as opposed to pixel count ) desperately hoping to sell more sets that's all. The KDL48W600B should be decent anyway good luck with whatever you decide.
What are the 4 or 5 sets capable of displaying full HDR? I was under the impression the mythical vizio R was going to be the first... With dolby vision anyway.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch Led Hdtv Un55b8500 , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Lg 55lh40 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Toshiba , Cables Interconnects
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page