In the market to buy a TV early next year. Would not be opposed to waiting for a sale on 'last year's' TVs and getting a good deal.
1. Ideally, $1000. Absolute MAX $1500.
2. Not exactly sure yet. Likely about 8 ft max.
3. No real limitation. I want a set that is at least 65" however. I was considering a projector, since it is a large room, but they don't seem to fit my other wants/needs so I think I will stick with an LCD.
4. Blu-Rays, TV shows, gaming via PS3 (probably PS4 soon) and PC (maybe). I would like a true 120hz set so I can force that from my PC if I plan to play games on it. I do want the smooth motion for video as well, so a 240hz set or whatever would also be okay - but I do want it to have a true 120hz refresh rate if possible (even via overclocking from PC).
5. Dark room is generally how I watch TV. There are three light sources in the room, two large windows on the rear and one big window on the back. The TV will be probably between the two large windows on a TV stand. I had considered a projector on the wall to the right of the two large windows, which would fit nearly a 120" screen, but because the ceiling fan above, placement would be odd. Also renting at the moment, so that may hinder it as well.