Hi guys, first post so I'm hoping I get it done properly.
My current 52" Samsung lcd is a couple years old and dying a quick death. It was taking an hour to turn on last week, about 6 hours yesterday of it clicking on/off/on/off etc
The current one is wall-mounted and the viewing area / living room is setup perfectly for it. I plan on a 55" and *assume* the wall mount will work with the new TV. (current samsung measures 54" x 30.5" on the wall for reference)
1. Budget - $1700 would be nice, $2100 is my maximum.
2. Seating distance - 7ft - 12ft
3. Size/placement limitations - Should not be an issue
4. Uses and sources - PS3, Dish network(1080i), toshiba hd-dvd for reualar dvd watching< all using HDMI switched through an onkyo reveiver and a sinle hdmi cable to the tv)
5. Room lighting - multiple ligh controlling options, maybe a semi-bright living area during mid-day.
I plan on 80% tv of which 95%+ will be in hd, and 20% dvd/blurays.
Football season is starting up so figure for alot of NFL game time to be watched.
I'm not sure on the difference between led-lcd and 'true-led' and I'm not too keen on the 3-D unless there is just a pressing reason to get one. And trying to look at them in person (est buy, walmart, etc) doesnt help since none are calibrated worth a darn. You know the $700 no name looking 10x better than a $4000 name brand and what not.
Sorry for going on, please let me know some suggestions, favorites, places to shop, etc