the "help me choose an LCD" thread - Page 220 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #6571 of 6572 Unread Today, 09:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by yngdiego View Post
I currently have a 50" Pioneer Elite Kuro from late 2008, and love the PQ. I also had it professionally calibrated. It's still going strong. But I'm moving into a new house, and will use the Pioneer in the living room, and will have a dedicated home theater room with sound treatments. So now I'm looking for a good quality 60"-65" 4K TV. The home theater room will be light controlled. Budget is not a huge concern, as I'll be keeping the TV for a good long while. The TV will NOT be used for gaming, 3D or as a computer display. Primary usage will be DTV and Blu-ray movies.

I was considering the upper end Visio series, but it appears you do get what you pay for with them. So I'm open to alternatives that provide good PQ but won't break the bank. I'd prefer to spend in the $2K range, but could go up to ~$3K. Professional calibration could also be in the picture as well, depending on how accurately I could tune the new TV.

The Samsung SSUN65F9000 looks quite nice. Any 'better' alternatives?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone know when the Samsung 2015 models will come out? I don't need my TV until June or July.

Why don't you wait and see what the Vizio Reference 4K series looks like? They should be out by then. 65 inch will I would guess be in the 4-5 thousand range. Far less than some of the other high end tvs. They will have a 120 inch which may be over 10-15 grand.

I know you said you get what you pay for but I am very happy with my Vizio P series. It has 64 Dimmable Zones and the R series will have 128. Full Array Dimming is second only to OLED which are Extremely expensive. I would say Plasma but they are getting harder and harder to come by and will soon be a thing of the past unfortunately.

Right now the best TV under 2000 is the 65 inch Vizio P Series which has blacks that meet or beat Samsungs best Plasma ever the 8500 series. Reviewed.Com gives the Vizio very high marks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6572 of 6572 Unread Today, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan47 View Post
Why don't you wait and see what the Vizio Reference 4K series looks like? They should be out by then. 65 inch will I would guess be in the 4-5 thousand range. Far less than some of the other high end tvs. They will have a 120 inch which may be over 10-15 grand.

I know you said you get what you pay for but I am very happy with my Vizio P series. It has 64 Dimmable Zones and the R series will have 128. Full Array Dimming is second only to OLED which are Extremely expensive. I would say Plasma but they are getting harder and harder to come by and will soon be a thing of the past unfortunately.

Right now the best TV under 2000 is the 65 inch Vizio P Series which has blacks that meet or beat Samsungs best Plasma ever the 8500 series. Reviewed.Com gives the Vizio very high marks.
The Vizio reference series was definitely on my radar when they were announced last year. I hadn't seen any recent updates on pricing or release date. But given that my purchase isn't until mid June, keeping an eye out for them is a great idea. Thanks!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch Led Hdtv Un55b8500 , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Lg 55lh40 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Toshiba , Cables Interconnects
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page