I'm hoping to get a new TV soon. I was thinking probably something 1080p as my cable provider only offers TV in 720p and I've heard that trying to upscale 720p to 4k doesn't look great. If there is a TV that can upscale it efficiently I wouldn't be opposed to 4k. I don't care about smart apps or 3d. I'd really just like the best value large 1080p TV I can get.
1. Budget I'm hoping to stay under $1500
2. Seating distance 10.5' I would like something at least 70"
3. Size/placement limitations I don't have any restrictions on wall size.
4. Uses and sources Xbox One for games and streaming. Cable TV that is 720P. (I won't be switching providers, it's included in my HOA.)
5. Room lighting I'm home during the day a lot and while I have blinds it never gets super dark.