the "help me choose an LCD" thread - Page 238 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #7111 of 7130 Old Yesterday, 09:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalto View Post
Both the Sony's are decent sets in that price range. The X800B is an IPS panel so it will have lower contrast but better viewing angles so you might want to consider that. The 1080P W800B is a VA panel.

The only Samsung on that list I could really recommend over the Sony sets is the Samsung UN55H7150.
Any thought regarding the 55X850B with the Triluminos display vs. the X800B in terms of better picture quality (for ~$300)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7112 of 7130 Old Yesterday, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 603 Post(s)
Liked: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf View Post
1. Budget
2000-2500. Not over $2500

2. Seating distance
12-16ft

3. Size/placement limitations
no limitations, really want and leaning towards a 70" set. Could possibly be convinced to buy a 65", but no smaller. Decently large basement room, want the "wow factor" of a large tv for watching live sports.

4. Uses and sources
80% of the time watching cable TV. Sports a lot of the time and it's very important the tv handles watching live sports well.
Other 20% of the time split up between Netflix, XBox one, and the occasional Blu ray.

5. Room lighting
Basement with no natural light. Could watch with lights on and lights off depending.

At this point i'd say i'm leaning towards the 70" version of the Vizio M series tv.
3d not important at all.
smart tv features not important.
Not that these can't be included but they are not necessarily important in the decision.

Don't need to buy the TV for a few weeks to a month.
Any help and recommendations are greatly appreciated, thanks!

edit: Currently have a 47 inch LG7600 from a few years ago that to my eye is a very nice looking tv.
Vizio m70-c3 or Sony 70X850B if you can find one. I tend to to prefer the Sony motion handling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goombatommy View Post
Hey everyone! Back from a long break, and looking for a new TV.

1. Budget - Under $1000
2. Seating distance - 6' - 10'
3. Size/placement limitations - N/A
4. Uses and sources - TV, Blu-Ray, Streaming (Netflix, Amazon Instant, etc.) and PS4/Xbox One/Wii U gaming.
5. Room lighting - End-table lamps (two of them)
6. Angle - Mostly straight view.

Thank you very much!
Vizio M55-C2 for 4K/UHD. Sony 55W800C for 1080p.

If you want something bigger the Vizio E65-C3 is also worth considering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfo1 View Post
Any thought regarding the 55X850B with the Triluminos display vs. the X800B in terms of better picture quality (for ~$300)?
Off the top of my head I am only aware of three differences, 3D, Triluminous Panel and black bezel. The Triluminous panel gives you wide color gamut support but doesn't otherwise have a dramatic impact on the picture.

Hard to say whether it is worth $300 or not but those are the differences.

Last edited by dalto; Yesterday at 11:35 AM.
post #7113 of 7130 Old Yesterday, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Vizio M55-C2 for 4K/UHD. Sony 55W800C for 1080p.

If you want something bigger the Vizio E65-C3 is also worth considering.
Thank you for the suggestions!!

EDIT: Would you recommend the SHARP Aquos LC-55UB30U or the LG 55UF6800? They're VERY slightly above my price range but if they're truly worth it I may be able to splurge a little. Thanks a lot for your help!

Toshiba 40RV525U
Onkyo TX-NR609
Polk Audio CS1 - Center
Paradigm Reference Studio 20 v.2 - Front
Velodyne DPS-10 - Sub
Advent - Rears
Sony Playstation 3 - Blu Ray

Last edited by goombatommy; Yesterday at 11:30 AM.
post #7114 of 7130 Old Yesterday, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goombatommy View Post
Thank you for the suggestions!!

EDIT: Would you recommend the SHARP Aquos LC-55UB30U or the LG 55UF6800? They're VERY slightly above my price range but if they're truly worth it I may be able to splurge a little. Thanks a lot for your help!
I wouldn't actually. I have not been impressed with any of this years Sharp sets that I have seen so far. The only LG set I have seen that I would consider is the substantially outside of your budget UF9500. Even then, there are better sets at the same price from competitors.
post #7115 of 7130 Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
I wouldn't actually. I have not been impressed with any of this years Sharp sets that I have seen so far. The only LG set I have seen that I would consider is the substantially outside of your budget UF9500. Even then, there are better sets at the same price from competitors.
Ah okay, great. Thank you for the feedback! That Sony TV you suggested looks pretty good. I'm deciding between that and the Vizio you had suggested; just a matter if I want to "future-proof" wit a 4K TV or go for a better 1080p display.

Thank you so much again!

Toshiba 40RV525U
Onkyo TX-NR609
Polk Audio CS1 - Center
Paradigm Reference Studio 20 v.2 - Front
Velodyne DPS-10 - Sub
Advent - Rears
Sony Playstation 3 - Blu Ray
post #7116 of 7130 Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just installed a Sharp 70uh, and while straight on it looks fine, the picture appears to wash away when on the side. By side I mean 3 to 4' to the side and anywhere from 3-10' back.

Looking for help on what to exchange for: Samsung 65JS8500, 65JU7100, Sony 70x850B, Sony 65x850c.

Originally wanted 70", but I'm open to 65 for a better picture than what I currently have.

I am also open to a 70" 1080p tv if it has a good picture from most angles and is around $1500.
reflections_ likes this.

Last edited by fordracefan; Yesterday at 06:10 PM.
post #7117 of 7130 Old Yesterday, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracefan View Post
Just installed a Sharp 70uh, and while straight on it looks fine, the picture appears to wash away when on the side. By side I mean 3 to 4' to the side and anywhere from 3-10' back.

Looking for help on what to exchange for: Samsung 65JS8500, 65JU7100, Sony 70x850B, Sony 65x850c.

Originally wanted 70", but I'm open to 65 for a better picture than what I currently have.

I am also open to a 70" 1080p tv if it has a good picture from most angles and is around $1500.
Most TVs with VA panels will start to see a strong color and contrast shift somewhere between 15-20 degrees off center. All of the TVs you have listed have VA panels so I would check them out in the store before buying. Of the TVs you listed the JS8500 is definitely the best.

You don't state any of your usage patters but generally I would take a look at the LG 65UF9500. It will have lower contrast than the panels above but will have much better viewing angles. Another IPS option is the Sony 65X900C.

Just to be totally clear, the Samsung JS8500 is a better TV than either of the ones I recommended but I have a feeling you will be just as dissatisfied with it as the Sharp if viewing angles are a priority.
post #7118 of 7130 Old Yesterday, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Most TVs with VA panels will start to see a strong color and contrast shift somewhere between 15-20 degrees off center. All of the TVs you have listed have VA panels so I would check them out in the store before buying. Of the TVs you listed the JS8500 is definitely the best.

You don't state any of your usage patters but generally I would take a look at the LG 65UF9500. It will have lower contrast than the panels above but will have much better viewing angles. Another IPS option is the Sony 65X900C.

Just to be totally clear, the Samsung JS8500 is a better TV than either of the ones I recommended but I have a feeling you will be just as dissatisfied with it as the Sharp if viewing angles are a priority.
Mostly watching NFL, Satellite TV, and Xbox One. We sit 12' - 15' away.

Would the LG 70UF7700 perform similiarly to the 65UF9500?
post #7119 of 7130 Old Today, 04:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Looking for a good 4K TV to use as a glorified PC monitor

1. Budget
up to $2,000, but preferably well under that ($1,000-1,500). Not an immediate purchase (looking at this winter or next spring), so I can wait for a sale.

2. Seating distance
4-5'. My PC setup is on a coffee table, while I sit on a couch very close to it. Current monitor is a 27" 1920x1200 display ~2.5-3' away. I am looking for something with a little higher pixel density that will sit a little further away.

Placement can be 2.5-5' away, typically for 1-2 viewers. I think that I really want something in the smaller 42-48" range which would offer a larger display than my current one, while giving me higher pixel density without much (if any) need for display scaling.

4. Uses and sources
Just the computer. I do a wide range of things with my PC. While I like to think that I spend a lot of time watching shows and playing games, the fact is that most of what I do is reading websites, writing, and spreadsheets. I also use to do video editing, and occasionally take on small projects. We have a moderate but steadily growing movie and TV show library, which I have copied and/or ripped to a central home server which serves as our main source of media, though we also occasionally stream from services like YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, or our local news websites. I am not too keen on having 100 little set-top devices to switch between. If I cannot playback media from the PC, then I am not particularly interested in putting in the effort to make it work.

5. Room lighting
My setup is in the basement, so very low/controlled lighting, and when I get around to finishing it in a few years there will be plenty of light control.

Other concerns/curiosities:

While my rig was impressive a few years ago, it is not really ready for full 4K gaming, and I am probably a good 1-2 years away from a major overhaul, but it should have no trouble displaying a 4K desktop or video. How well do TVs deal with 1080p sources? Is there excessive (more than 2-3 frames) of lag when upscaling 1080p content? I don't play twitch-shooter games, but I find that latency really throws me off and makes me feel drunk, so the less of it, the better.

All of my friends have pretty nice (or at least fairly expensive) TVs from 3-5 years ago... but I absolutely hate the look of them. They are all 'smart' TVs that mangle the signal by trying to make up frames to 'fix' footage. Is there a way to set up modern TVs in a dumb display mode that merely does appropriate frame doubling and resolution scaling instead of 'making up' content? Is there a way to get my PC to do the frame doubling so that it sends the TV a signal that it is less likely to mess with?

Am I correct in assuming that TVs with a 240Hz panel do not take 240Hz input? Are TVs still locked at 30Hz input? 60? If I cannot display up to 60fps on games then it may be a deal breaker and I might opt to stick with a PC monitor of some sort.

My current display is... well it is pretty bad. It is an older TN panel with terrible (but fairly even) backlight bleed, and probably only capable of displaying ~6bit color accuracy, so just about anything is going to look substantially better. However, 'back in the day' plugging in an old XP or Vista PC into a TV would display bad color blooming and lots of color banding along gradients, etc. I know some of this was the fault of the TV, some of it was OS/GPU/Driver limitations on the part of the PC. The question is if this is still and issue, or if it has gotten better with time.

Similarly, my PC is running a consumer 'gaming' card (GTX570), which I believe is capped at 8bit per color output. With newer displays capable of wider color gamut and dynamic range, would it be worth saving up for a prosumer or professional GPU that is capable of 10bit (or even 12bit) color output? Are TVs smart enough to fill in such missing color information? If I had HDR or P3 content to begin with (which I do not at the moment), then would a PC even be able to send that information? If PCs cannot output that kind of information then would it be a waste to look at new TVs that have that kind of output? Or should I look at more midrange products that do not have such capabilities in the first place?

Lastly, as 99% of the viewing is just going to be me, myself, and I, with my wife joining me for the occasional epic movie, I have been mostly thinking of getting a curved display as I already feel a little eye-strain with my 27" flat display, and all of the replacement options are going to be substantially larger. Is this a real concern? Or will the fact that the display will be further back make it easier on the eyes?

Sorry for the super long post. Any links to helpful articles on the topic would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for the help!
post #7120 of 7130 Old Today, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracefan View Post
Mostly watching NFL, Satellite TV, and Xbox One. We sit 12' - 15' away.

Would the LG 70UF7700 perform similiarly to the 65UF9500?
Not really, the UF7700 lacks the local dimming of the UF9500. Also, according to rtings the panels they use in the UF7700 have exceptionally poor contrast. They measured 795 : 1. That is bad even for an IPS TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaedenV View Post
Looking for a good 4K TV to use as a glorified PC monitor

1. Budget
up to $2,000, but preferably well under that ($1,000-1,500). Not an immediate purchase (looking at this winter or next spring), so I can wait for a sale.

2. Seating distance
4-5'. My PC setup is on a coffee table, while I sit on a couch very close to it. Current monitor is a 27" 1920x1200 display ~2.5-3' away. I am looking for something with a little higher pixel density that will sit a little further away.

Placement can be 2.5-5' away, typically for 1-2 viewers. I think that I really want something in the smaller 42-48" range which would offer a larger display than my current one, while giving me higher pixel density without much (if any) need for display scaling.

4. Uses and sources
Just the computer. I do a wide range of things with my PC. While I like to think that I spend a lot of time watching shows and playing games, the fact is that most of what I do is reading websites, writing, and spreadsheets. I also use to do video editing, and occasionally take on small projects. We have a moderate but steadily growing movie and TV show library, which I have copied and/or ripped to a central home server which serves as our main source of media, though we also occasionally stream from services like YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, or our local news websites. I am not too keen on having 100 little set-top devices to switch between. If I cannot playback media from the PC, then I am not particularly interested in putting in the effort to make it work.

5. Room lighting
My setup is in the basement, so very low/controlled lighting, and when I get around to finishing it in a few years there will be plenty of light control.
Since there are not a big list of quality TVs smaller than 50" this in not a hard recommendation. On top of that, the list that can be used as a 4K PC monitor is even smaller. The Samsung 48JS8500 is best set that I am aware of in this range. It supports 3840×2160 4:4:4@60Hz over HDMI, supports WCG and HDR, has local dimming and has some degree of future proofing with the one connect mini box.

Quote:
While my rig was impressive a few years ago, it is not really ready for full 4K gaming, and I am probably a good 1-2 years away from a major overhaul, but it should have no trouble displaying a 4K desktop or video. How well do TVs deal with 1080p sources? Is there excessive (more than 2-3 frames) of lag when upscaling 1080p content? I don't play twitch-shooter games, but I find that latency really throws me off and makes me feel drunk, so the less of it, the better.
Most quality TVs have a game or PC mode or both. These modes limit processing in order to reduce input lag and provide appropriate handling of PC signals. The input lag on the above mentioned Samsung is less than 40ms. Input lag is a subjective thing. Some people swear they can tell the difference between 20 and 24ms, others don't notice 60ms. Personally, anything below about 40ms is where I am comfortable. If my math is correct, 40ms would put you somewhere between 2-3 frames at 60fps. I believe that the input lag testing is usually done with a 1080p source.

Quote:
All of my friends have pretty nice (or at least fairly expensive) TVs from 3-5 years ago... but I absolutely hate the look of them. They are all 'smart' TVs that mangle the signal by trying to make up frames to 'fix' footage. Is there a way to set up modern TVs in a dumb display mode that merely does appropriate frame doubling and resolution scaling instead of 'making up' content? Is there a way to get my PC to do the frame doubling so that it sends the TV a signal that it is less likely to mess with?
Sounds like you are referring to motion interpolation the results of which are typically referred to as the Soap Opera Effect. Most TVs will allow you to turn this off and it is almost always off by default in game or PC mode.

Quote:
Am I correct in assuming that TVs with a 240Hz panel do not take 240Hz input? Are TVs still locked at 30Hz input? 60? If I cannot display up to 60fps on games then it may be a deal breaker and I might opt to stick with a PC monitor of some sort.
I don't think there are any 240Hz TVs this year and there definitely are not any 4K/UHD 240Hz TVs. Those numbers are mostly marketing fluff. Virtually all major TVs will have a 120Hz or a 60Hz panel in them. Most TVs will support 1080p@60Hz. In order to support UHD@60Hz with full 4:4:4 chroma, which you will probably want for a 4K desktop, you need a full bandwidth HDMI 2.0 port which not all TVs have. Most if not all of the 2015 UHD Samsungs have these ports.

Quote:
My current display is... well it is pretty bad. It is an older TN panel with terrible (but fairly even) backlight bleed, and probably only capable of displaying ~6bit color accuracy, so just about anything is going to look substantially better. However, 'back in the day' plugging in an old XP or Vista PC into a TV would display bad color blooming and lots of color banding along gradients, etc. I know some of this was the fault of the TV, some of it was OS/GPU/Driver limitations on the part of the PC. The question is if this is still and issue, or if it has gotten better with time.

Similarly, my PC is running a consumer 'gaming' card (GTX570), which I believe is capped at 8bit per color output. With newer displays capable of wider color gamut and dynamic range, would it be worth saving up for a prosumer or professional GPU that is capable of 10bit (or even 12bit) color output? Are TVs smart enough to fill in such missing color information? If I had HDR or P3 content to begin with (which I do not at the moment), then would a PC even be able to send that information? If PCs cannot output that kind of information then would it be a waste to look at new TVs that have that kind of output? Or should I look at more midrange products that do not have such capabilities in the first place?
The JS8500 uses Samsung's SUHD panels which are capable of displaying a wider than 8-bit color depth. They will also process an 8-bit signal just fine. You are almost definitely going to need a different graphics card for a 4K desktop because your current card won't have enough bandwidth on the HDMI port to handle 4K properly. You don't need a professional GPU but you will need a higher card. If you wait a little bit, I expect even midrange cards will have the capabilities you need. In the meantime, you can still provide a 1080p signal.

Quote:
Lastly, as 99% of the viewing is just going to be me, myself, and I, with my wife joining me for the occasional epic movie, I have been mostly thinking of getting a curved display as I already feel a little eye-strain with my 27" flat display, and all of the replacement options are going to be substantially larger. Is this a real concern? Or will the fact that the display will be further back make it easier on the eyes?
The Samsung 48JS9000 is practically the same as the JS8500 with the exception of it being curved and including a full one connect box. If you want curved that is probably the way to go. It carries a pretty significant price premium though.
post #7121 of 7130 Old Today, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Here's something a little different...

1. Budget $500

2. Seating distance 10 feet

42 inch is what I have no and that's really perfect.

4. Uses and sources HOCKEY. Seriously, the most important thing to me is watching hockey games. I have Xfinity X1 and I will occasionally play Xbox360/PS3, but the most important thing by far is that this cheap TV handles the speed of hockey broadcasts well. 5. Room lighting Not really a factor.

So yeah... dirt cheap set, 42 inches and it handles hockey broadcasts well. I'm coming from a Panasonic plasma which covered my needs perfectly.
post #7122 of 7130 Old Today, 03:27 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hello,

Trying desperately to find a quality 1080p TV, but I will go for 4K if it will be beneficial. I am looking at Samsung 60" UN60J6300 and LG 60" 60LF6100. I was looking at this for a 4K option: LG 60" 4K 60UF7700. I just came across these and my heart is not set on any brand in particular. I am certainly open to suggestions.

1. Budget
About $2000 - would like to stay under, though

2. Seating distance.
8-10 feet

I am looking for a 60" max.

4. Uses and sources
Mostly movies and TV shows. Will be using it to console game and streaming PC games when Steam Link comes out.

5. Room lighting
I have three lights in my ceiling and one may cause a reflection. Other than that, lighting is fine.

Thank you, in advance, so very much for any and all help, advice and suggestions.
post #7123 of 7130 Old Today, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by testudoaubreii View Post
Trying desperately to find a quality 1080p TV, but I will go for 4K if it will be beneficial. I am looking at Samsung 60" UN60J6300 and LG 60" 60LF6100. I was looking at this for a 4K option: LG 60" 4K 60UF7700. I just came across these and my heart is not set on any brand in particular. I am certainly open to suggestions.
At 55" I think you could choose from almost any TV and still be under $2,000.

At 60" it becomes a bit more complicated. Only a few people are making 60" TVs.

As I look at the options in that price range I think the question I would ask myself is what makes any of those TVs better than the 60" Vizio M-series.

Unless you need the viewing angles of an IPS panel I would stay away from those LGs.

The Samsung J6300 is a basic entry-level 1080p set but I am not sure why I would buy it over the UHD/4K Vizio M when the price is almost the same.
testudoaubreii likes this.
post #7124 of 7130 Old Today, 06:41 PM

Quote:
At 55" I think you could choose from almost any TV and still be under $2,000.

At 60" it becomes a bit more complicated. Only a few people are making 60" TVs.

As I look at the options in that price range I think the question I would ask myself is what makes any of those TVs better than the 60" Vizio M-series.

Unless you need the viewing angles of an IPS panel I would stay away from those LGs.

The Samsung J6300 is a basic entry-level 1080p set but I am not sure why I would buy it over the UHD/4K Vizio M when the price is almost the same.

Thank you for your response!

The LG that I am looking at (LG 60" 60LF6100), is not an IPS display. I think it is the entry level 1080p, much like the Samsung. I know that you have to watch out for the Samsung panels, so that is why I am seriously considering the LG. I don't know much about the Vizio, that is why I haven't looked that those. Are they good?

Do I need a 4K TV? I mean, I really have no 4K content that I would be able to take advantage of the 4K display. I guess I could look at it as "future-proofing". How long, in your opinion, will 1080p be relevant, or maybe the better question is how long until 4K really starts to become the norm? I am not opposed to a 4K TV. I will not be upgrading again for a long time, so whatever I get will have to last for a while.

I am also looking for a great quality display that really pops. And, believe it or not, I actually like the dreaded "soap-opera" effect that some TVs have.

Thank you again for you help!
post #7125 of 7130 Old Today, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
The LG that I am looking at (LG 60" 60LF6100), is not an IPS display. I think it is the entry level 1080p, much like the Samsung. I know that you have to watch out for the Samsung panels, so that is why I am seriously considering the LG. I don't know much about the Vizio, that is why I haven't looked that those. Are they good?
Vizio TVs represent a good value. Is a Vizio M-series as good as a top of the line Sony? No, but you are not looking at top of the line TVs. I believe it is a better choice than the other models you are looking at. For fairly close to the same price of the 1080p TVs you are getting a 4K/UHD TV with a 120Hz panel, a full bandwidth HDMI port, low input lag and a basic FALD system.

Quote:
Do I need a 4K TV? I mean, I really have no 4K content that I would be able to take advantage of the 4K display. I guess I could look at it as "future-proofing". How long, in your opinion, will 1080p be relevant, or maybe the better question is how long until 4K really starts to become the norm? I am not opposed to a 4K TV. I will not be upgrading again for a long time, so whatever I get will have to last for a while.
Of course you don't *need* a 4K TV but if you can get one for the same money why wouldn't you? The 4K debate is hotly discussed here and opinions vary. My opinion is that 4K content is here now and starting to be available through streaming services. UHD BD players and content will show up in the next 6-9 months. That being said, I can't say how long it will be until 4K is truly mainstream. I mean, realistically, most broadcast TV isn't even 1080p at this point.

Might be worth a trip to the store to see one in person if that is an option in your area.
post #7126 of 7130 Old Today, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Vizio TVs represent a good value. Is a Vizio M-series as good as a top of the line Sony? No, but you are not looking at top of the line TVs. I believe it is a better choice than the other models you are looking at. For fairly close to the same price of the 1080p TVs you are getting a 4K/UHD TV with a 120Hz panel, a full bandwidth HDMI port, low input lag and a basic FALD system.

Of course you don't *need* a 4K TV but if you can get one for the same money why wouldn't you? The 4K debate is hotly discussed here and opinions vary. My opinion is that 4K content is here now and starting to be available through streaming services. UHD BD players and content will show up in the next 6-9 months. That being said, I can't say how long it will be until 4K is truly mainstream. I mean, realistically, most broadcast TV isn't even 1080p at this point.

Might be worth a trip to the store to see one in person if that is an option in your area.

Thanks again!

Would you be able to provide a model number for a Vizio set? I am going to do some searching, too, but I thought I would ask you.
post #7127 of 7130 Old Today, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
thanks again!

Would you be able to provide a model number for a vizio set? I am going to do some searching, too, but i thought i would ask you.
m60-c3
post #7128 of 7130 Old Today, 07:29 PM

Quote:
m60-c3
That is the one that I am looking at right now. It looks pretty nice for the price. Is that native 120 Hz? Will that have a negative effect on console gaming?
post #7129 of 7130 Old Today, 08:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
That is the one that I am looking at right now. It looks pretty nice for the price. Is that native 120 Hz? Will that have a negative effect on console gaming?
Yes 120Hz panel in the 60" and larger sizes, it is generally better for the refresh rate to be higher, it shouldn't have a negative effect on anything.
post #7130 of 7130 Old Today, 09:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You are awesome!

@dalto
I could not have asked for a more simple but complete answer to my questions! Thanks so much!

I guess the remaining question is flat or curved, and the only real way to know which will work better on that front is to go check a few out in stores.

Thanks again!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch Led Hdtv Un55b8500 , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Lg 55lh40 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Toshiba , Cables Interconnects
Gear in this thread