the "help me choose an LCD" thread - Page 239 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #7141 of 7149 Old Yesterday, 08:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 19
If it were me, I would wait until more is known about the Samsung JS7200, NOT the JS7000.

The JS7000 is a backlit IPS panel and has a really poor contrast ratio, (about 700 to 1) according to an online review.
The JS7000 also has a native refresh rate of 60.

The JS7200 has a refresh rate of 120. So far, I've not seen much info as to whether it is edge lit or backlit, (I suspect edgelit), as it "appears to be a curved TV", but time will tell.

Right now I have a 52" TV, and "Moving up" to a 55" TV just doesn't seem like that much of a gain "to me", and a 65" will not fit in my entertainment center, whilst a 60" will fit perfectly, so I will wait until the "Perfect for Me" 60" TV comes along.

From what I have been able to find, so far, The Samsung JS7200 looks like the "Strongest Contender", so far.

I did call Samsung, and at the present time, they could not give me a release date, (or for that matter), even if it will be released in the US market, Samsung just promised to keep me abreast of all the lastest releases of TV's via email.

If and when I find out more about the JS7200, I will post it.

Gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7142 of 7149 Old Yesterday, 08:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
1. Budget : 5-6K
2. Seating distance: 10-12 Ft
3. Size/placement limitations: Would like 75+
4. Uses and sources: gaming/streaming
5. Room lighting: dark/normal
post #7143 of 7149 Old Yesterday, 10:11 AM

1. Budget - $3500
2. Seating distance: 10'
3. Size/placement limitations: 65"
4. Uses and sources: Gaming (PS4), Blu-Ray, and streaming
5. Room lighting: Dark

I've been looking at getting either a Samsung 65JS8500 or 65JS9000. For what I've read the primary differences are the One Connect box, curved vs. flat, and the 9000 has slightly better input lag. Just curious to hear your opinions.
post #7144 of 7149 Old Yesterday, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 618 Post(s)
Liked: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by booyaa View Post
1. Budget : 5-6K
2. Seating distance: 10-12 Ft
3. Size/placement limitations: Would like 75+
4. Uses and sources: gaming/streaming
5. Room lighting: dark/normal
The Samsung 75JU7100 or the Sony 75X850C would be the two models I would recommend in this price/size range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taliababa View Post
1. Budget - $3500
2. Seating distance: 10'
3. Size/placement limitations: 65"
4. Uses and sources: Gaming (PS4), Blu-Ray, and streaming
5. Room lighting: Dark

I've been looking at getting either a Samsung 65JS8500 or 65JS9000. For what I've read the primary differences are the One Connect box, curved vs. flat, and the 9000 has slightly better input lag. Just curious to hear your opinions.
Not sure what I can add here. That pretty much sums it up.
post #7145 of 7149 Old Yesterday, 12:14 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Replacing my beloved Pioneer Kuro 9G 50"

Hi there. We are doing some work in the house and I'm considering demoting my 6 or 7 year old Pioneer Elite Kuro 9G plasma to a secondary location in the house to replace it with something a bit larger and probably with 4K capability. I have generally had zero interest in all the LCD technology and fads over these years, given the quality of the Kuro, but the time might now be right. Interested to hear all recommendations! To answer the standard questions:

1. Budget
If really good, willing to stretch to 2500 or so.

2. Seating distance.
10-12 feet, i believe

3. Size/placement limitations
I am looking to move up to about 60". Don't think the wife would accept anything more than that.

4. Uses and sources
Mostly movies and TV shows, as well as occasional PS4.

5. Room lighting
There is a fair amount of ambient light during the daytime hours. Otherwise, lighting can be controlled at an acceptable level.

Thanks!
post #7146 of 7149 Old Yesterday, 05:14 PM

1. Budget : $1K
2. Seating Distance: 12ft
3. Size/placement Limitations: 50"
4. Uses and Sources: TV, Movie, Streaming
5. Room Lighting: Normal

Currently considering the Vizio M50-C1.
post #7147 of 7149 Old Yesterday, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 618 Post(s)
Liked: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayseller98 View Post
Hi there. We are doing some work in the house and I'm considering demoting my 6 or 7 year old Pioneer Elite Kuro 9G plasma to a secondary location in the house to replace it with something a bit larger and probably with 4K capability. I have generally had zero interest in all the LCD technology and fads over these years, given the quality of the Kuro, but the time might now be right. Interested to hear all recommendations! To answer the standard questions:

1. Budget
If really good, willing to stretch to 2500 or so.

2. Seating distance.
10-12 feet, i believe

3. Size/placement limitations
I am looking to move up to about 60". Don't think the wife would accept anything more than that.

4. Uses and sources
Mostly movies and TV shows, as well as occasional PS4.

5. Room lighting
There is a fair amount of ambient light during the daytime hours. Otherwise, lighting can be controlled at an acceptable level.

Thanks!
There really isn't all that much available in 60". In your budget would be the Samsung 60JU7100. For less money you could get the Vizio M60-C3. To be fair, since you are coming from a Kuro there is nothing truly excellent in that price range regardless of size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reno nevada View Post
1. Budget : $1K
2. Seating Distance: 12ft
3. Size/placement Limitations: 50"
4. Uses and Sources: TV, Movie, Streaming
5. Room Lighting: Normal

Currently considering the Vizio M50-C1.
The Vizio for 4K/UHD or the Sony 50W800C in 1080p.
post #7148 of 7149 Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I am in need of some help on making a final decision. I have been researching on both the Samsung 75" un75h6350/un75h6300 and the Vizio 80" m801i-a3 and am having tough time deciding which one I should go for. I watch a lot of sports, news and nat geo shows. I have owned several vizio's and have always been happy with them, but never owned a Samsung. One major factor at this point is I have to wait about another week for the vizio to be shipped to the dealer when I have already been waiting over 2 months since I started my 80" quest. The tv dealer has the Samsung 75" ready to deliver same day now. I read some mixed reviews over the un75h6300/6350 with some saying it is better pq compared to vizio while others say it is a terrible piece of samsung machinery. Here are my costs for each:

I can get the vizio m801i-a3 for $1875 out the door.
The Samsung un75h6350/un75h6300 I can get for $1660 out the door.

I have been dreaming of an 80" for quite some time, but then came across Samsung's 75" and am wondering if I can live for now with the 75". Is the size a huge difference between the 75" and the 80"? Is this Samsung not a 'good' model for the brand name?
post #7149 of 7149 Unread Today, 07:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
1. Budget: $2k - $4k (Possibly up to $5k if the price to performance drastically improves at that budget)
2. Seating distance: 10-12ft on sectional sofa in living room
3. Size/placement limitations: Mounted above fireplace. Space is 85 inches wide by 44 inches high. Looking at 65"+ screen depending on budget.
4. Uses and sources: Charter HD DVR cable box, PS4, HTPC with KODI/PLEX
5. Room lighting: 1st floor living room with full windows on one wall. These are usually closed with slatted blinds, though we do open them sometimes to let natural light in.

I've been looking at Sony, Samsung, and LG mainly. Feel pretty adverse to curved displays, but I'd be willing to revisit them if it's the best option for the room/setup.
Currently have a 5 year old 47" LG 1080p display.
Looking to purchase the TV no later than the end of September.

Thanks!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch Led Hdtv Un55b8500 , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Lg 55lh40 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Toshiba , Cables Interconnects
Gear in this thread