the "help me choose an LCD" thread - Page 249 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 79Likes
post #7441 of 7444 Unread Today, 05:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking for help for a 70+" 4k TV, thanks for any advice!

1. Budget: Up to $5-6k
2. Size limitations: None, but likely looking for 70-80"
3. Room set up: Curved sectional about 10' away. Viewing angle would eb pretty important as additional seating with be up to 45 degrees off center
4. Lighting: Basement, some indirect light through adjacent french door but no potential for glare
5. Uses/sources: FIOS/netflix primarily for sports and movies
6. Sound is not important as I will eventually be getting a receiver/speakers
7. 3D - not important at all as I do not think I will ever watch, but for many 70"+ 4k sets seems standard

I'm leaning toward the Samsung UN75JU7100 or Sony Bravia XBR75X850C, but completely undecided. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7442 of 7444 Unread Today, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 969 Post(s)
Liked: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom34 View Post
After reading through the most recent 100 pages of this thread, I'm leaning toward a UN55JS8500 or the M60-C3.
Both good choices. The JS8500 is the much better TV but is both substantially more expensive and smaller than the Vizio.

Honestly, if you are mostly a DirecTV watcher I am not sure that the JS8500 is worth the extra money/loss in size. I would probably look at the 60JU7100 instead. Especially at that distance where the extra 5" will be useful.

The screens and the Samsung JU7100 and higher seem to good at handling reflections. Take a look at these test results

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljr View Post
I found this based on your input.

Pluses and minuses?

again, I use a OPPO105 and all runs through the 105. The TV is no more than a monitor as I won't use the apps, browser, tv audio...
It looks like a stripped down JU6500 but I haven't seen one in person. That means no 24p mode as well as other compromises.

I would take the Vizio M-series over that set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakfu View Post
I'm leaning toward the Samsung UN75JU7100 or Sony Bravia XBR75X850C, but completely undecided. Thanks!
Both good sets and surprisingly similar. The JU7100 has some degree of future proofing with the one-connect mini. The X850C has WCG support and Android TV.

In the 75" size, I like the X850C but it is very close in my opinion.

With any of those VA panel based TVs you will have a color shift and some contrast loss when you are off center but the TV will still be viewable. If that contrast loss bothers you can try to find an IPS panel based TV but that will be very limiting in your size requirements. Your best bet would probably be to find one of last years Sony 79X900B's lying around.
post #7443 of 7444 Unread Today, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 735 Post(s)
Liked: 4225
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalto View Post

It looks like a stripped down JU6500 but I haven't seen one in person. That means no 24p mode as well as other compromises.

I would take the Vizio M-series over that set.

OK, so does this has that 24p thing?

If not this, what do you recommend?

I do not want anything more than 55 inches. Like I said, apps and wifi stuff, audio I will not use.

What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited.
post #7444 of 7444 Unread Today, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 735 Post(s)
Liked: 4225
or these?????????/

What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch Led Hdtv Un55b8500 , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Lg 55lh40 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Toshiba , Cables Interconnects
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page