the "help me choose an LCD" thread - Page 294 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 137Likes

Old Today, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpoewll572 View Post
1. Budget: $2000 or less
2. Seating distance: head-to-screen = ~ 8.5 ft
3. Size/placement limitations: 55 inch, but may be able to fit a 65 inch. Seating is directly in front of TV.
4. Uses and sources: Streaming - Hulu, Netflix, Amazon. Cable (Time Warner) - mainly sports (soccer and basketball) but do DVR some HD shows. Light gaming on PS4.
5. Room lighting: Medium to moderately dark (Only window is sliding glass door to the rear and perpendicular to the seating area)

I'm looking to replace my 50 inch plasma and after not really having kept up with TV technology in the last few years I am having some trouble making a decision. I guess the first question is 4K vs 1080p. I really don't have a need for or really care about 4K at this time, but it seems like most of the better TVs out now are 4K . As I would like this to last as my main TV for at least 4-5 years I think it probably makes sense to go ahead with a 4K TV, but I could be persuaded otherwise. My main concern with 4K is the upscaling of non-4K content. I don't really watch any SD sources, but know that streaming can drop into that range.

I had narrowed down my list to the following - Samsung UN55JS8500, Samsung UN55JU7500, Sony XBR55X810C, and Sony XBR55X850C. But I'm not tied to these at all and welcome any advice or suggestions on a good choice for my scenario.

Thanks!
My needs are almost exact to yours except coming from a 56" JVC DLP, and was considering the exact same tv's as you posted. Keep going back and forth. Have you made a choice as yet, and if so, why?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch Led Hdtv Un55b8500 , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Lg 55lh40 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Toshiba , Cables Interconnects