the "help me choose an LCD" thread - Page 311 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 176Likes
post #9301 of 9303 Unread Today, 10:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
thank you for the response... in regards to the Dish box and upscaling, how would I go about looking for that option? If I remember correctly when I first set it up it simply asked what I wanted between 480p, 720p and 1080i, and I chose the latter. I'm not sure if I know what the native resolution of it is, if I had to guess I would say 720p, I could try switching it. I'll look for some Netflix HDR shows and see how that looks.

I really wish I was compareing a LG 65" to the Samsung 65", at that point it would be much easier to make a decision. I had really wanted a 65" tv, I am just unsure how much I would be willing to sacrifice for it in the long run. The Dolby Vision is probably going to end up being the deciding factor, unless someone comes in and can say they had a decent improvement with reflections with the Samsung then I would give it a shot.

my other option to try each out for about a week, and make a decision, taking advantage of the 2 week return policy. its just a headache getting the TV's transported.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9302 of 9303 Unread Today, 12:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 0
alright so after a miserable attempt at getting a projector I've decided to move on to 4K. I don't want to spend more than $1500 so around $1000 would be more fitting unless something is much more amazing for a few hundred more. I currently have a vizio 55 inch series, but I want something a little more serious and outstanding picture quality for this price range. The brand doesn't really matter to me nor does 3D and all those other gadgets. I'm simply looking for the best image. thin side paneling would be nice too I want to mostly just see screen and not black bars around my tv. I sit relatively close but I don't want anything under 50 inches. I'd appreciate opinions! part of does want to just walk into a Best Buy and get whatever looks nicest but i want some advice first.
post #9303 of 9303 Unread Today, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpden522 View Post
alright so after a miserable attempt at getting a projector I've decided to move on to 4K. I don't want to spend more than $1500 so around $1000 would be more fitting unless something is much more amazing for a few hundred more. I currently have a vizio 55 inch series, but I want something a little more serious and outstanding picture quality for this price range. The brand doesn't really matter to me nor does 3D and all those other gadgets. I'm simply looking for the best image. thin side paneling would be nice too I want to mostly just see screen and not black bars around my tv. I sit relatively close but I don't want anything under 50 inches. I'd appreciate opinions! part of does want to just walk into a Best Buy and get whatever looks nicest but i want some advice first.
The Sony 55X900C sells for under $1000, is absurdly thin, can be flush mounted on the wall and picture quality is outstanding with the exception of black levels/contrast. If you can live with less than ideal black levels that is where I would point you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch Led Hdtv Un55b8500 , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Lg 55lh40 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Toshiba , Cables Interconnects
Gear in this thread