1. Budget - Wife says $2k but I'm sure with some expert rationale I could get it to $3k OTD
2. Seating distance - Current 61" DLP sits at 13' (from the seat dead center to it, other spots range from 8' to 15' away) on a entertainment cabinet piece of furniture, new could go back as far as 15' with a wall mount
3. Size/placement limitations - No size limits as the piece of furniture it could sit on (if we don't wall mount it) is 86" wide. I want a noticeably bigger set some I am not sure a 65" would make me happy.
4. Uses and sources - DirecTV, WiiU, Sony Blu Ray player all ran through a Yamaha RX-A850 I just got a couple of months ago. I watch a lot of live sports on it (NFL, NBA, MLB and some boxing), live TV news, Lots of DVR'd comedies and drama, some Netflix and Amazon Prime, occasional Blu Ray.
5. Room lighting - No direct sunlight into the room except for a few months of the year when it gets some through a few small windows 30 feet away that does make a pretty good glare for a few hours at sunset).
When I got my recommendation on my DLP 9 years ago from this site, it was perfect. I'm sure you guys will hit another homerun for me this time too.