the "help me choose an LCD" thread - Page 332 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 223Likes
post #9931 of 9936 Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thank you for your clarifying the narrower angle of the screens...
I too am concerned less with grammar than with understanding and appreciate your helpful reply...I am looking at the 55s but would have gone with 60 if that one had the wider angle of view...but it looks like the 55 is my size...again, thanks.

Samsung HL50A650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9932 of 9936 Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitatiger View Post
Thank you for your clarifying the narrower angle of the screens...
I too am concerned less with grammar than with understanding and appreciate your helpful reply...I am looking at the 55s but would have gone with 60 if that one had the wider angle of view...but it looks like the 55 is my size...again, thanks.
Narrow viewing angles are a problem for all VA panels. The max VA panel off angle viewing without degradation is around 20 degrees but some are limited to just 15 degrees. IPS panels are from 30 to 50 degrees, while OEDs and old plasmas go all the way to just about 90 degrees. If you have any significant off angle viewing, VA panels are not for you.
post #9933 of 9936 Old Yesterday, 08:22 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How i see lot of people are SONY fans but how i know SAMSUNG got much higher quality standards and failing less.
Correct me if am i wrong .
Isn't Samsung UN65KS9000 a better choice and why?
post #9934 of 9936 Old Yesterday, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_DaveB View Post
Narrow viewing angles are a problem for all VA panels. The max VA panel off angle viewing without degradation is around 20 degrees but some are limited to just 15 degrees. IPS panels are from 30 to 50 degrees, while OEDs and old plasmas go all the way to just about 90 degrees. If you have any significant off angle viewing, VA panels are not for you.
Having an IPS pc monitor for my photography I do understand that...and know that VA panels have a limited horizontal viewing angle...
What I didn't know is that some VA panels may have a MORE limited viewing angle than others...and appreciated learning of that here.

Thanks again to Dave.

Samsung HL50A650
post #9935 of 9936 Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
SH*T, i just watched LD OLED TV review and tell you the truth : F***K SAMMY and SONY, i'll buy LG OLED LOL
post #9936 of 9936 Unread Today, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I am looking at the P55-C1. I know this is an IPS display which doesn't bother me too much with FALD, but how is the DSE. I am super sensitive to it. It drives me nuts. If it is bad I am going 65ks8000. I will be sitting a in a mostly dark room though. I have a budget of around 1500 give or take a couple hundred of dollars. I am sitting about 11 - 12 ft back. I do game a lot. I have a PS4 Pro and and Xbox One S to use on it. I did have a 60KS8000 for a little bit but the backlight bleed at the bottom was atrocious.

Last edited by varucell; Today at 11:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch Led Hdtv Un55b8500 , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Lg 55lh40 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Toshiba , Cables Interconnects
Gear in this thread