In still looking for my next TV, I've added another contender that I've heard a lot about not only on the AVS forums but any review site in general, the 55" KS8000. BestBuy has dropped the price by $100 and if purchased before the end of the month you can get 10% back in rewards to I upped my budget from $1K to a maximum of $1,200.00.
Reading reviews on the KS8000 and the consensus is that it's a solid TV. I currently have an older Samsung and have loved it since I first got it. The two others on my list are the Vizio P55-C1 and the Sony XBR-55X850D.
Out of these three, please let me know any suggestions based on the following:
- I watch a lot of sports, cable TV (Charter Spectrum), Streaming from Chromecast and Fire Stick, Netflix and may end up getting an XBox One S or a 4K Blu Ray player on its own.
- Gaming would be a PS3, NES Classic and maybe the One S or PS4 Pro down the line.
- The lighting can be controlled pretty easily in my living room as there is no direct light. If needed I can darken the room or open it up a bit to get more light so I don't necessarily need an IPS over a VA and vice versa.
- The living room is very narrow so the viewing angle would be dead center or slightly off to the sides with a range of, I'm estimating, a 45 to 60 Degree angle at most.
- Sound is not important to me as I do have a sound bar
- Seating distance would be about 7'
So based on those items, please let me know your suggestion out of the three I mentioned or if there is something else that I should consider. Thank you