the "help me choose an LCD" thread - Page 353 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 284Likes
post #10561 of 10586 Old 05-23-2017, 09:32 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by illusio26 View Post
Although the one thing I don't like about Vizios are the smartcast features. I can get by without the Tv Tuner, but I'd rather have apps on the TV than have to stream to it from a device.
That's what they're changing for 2017 - using a standard remote with the menus on the TV. No more tablet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10562 of 10586 Old 05-23-2017, 01:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by top_down View Post
Hi All,

I'm looking at Costco's current offerings and wondered what you all recommended for a 70-75" set to replace a 9(?) year old 67" Samsung DLP. I'm hoping I can get at least as much life out of this next tv.

Big room, lots of light through a 12' arcadia door on the north side of the room. 70% OTA, 25% Netflix and 5% DVDs. TV is on east wall and is 13' from the east facing sofa. There is another sofa facing north that is 90 degrees to the TV. Needless to say the DLP is barely watchable from this sofa during the day and I expect that will change with even the lowest cost LCD.

Looking at the $2000-3500 range. I'd prefer to buy it at Costco because they are close and I think it will be relatively easy to deal with them if there is a problem. So I think that leaves me with:

Vizio P75-C1
Vizio E75-E3
LG 75UJ657A
Samsung UN75JU7100

I might consider the Vizio E80 if they still have them at the online price - says it ended 4 days ago. It's a bit of a stretch price wise. I'd love to hear the P75 vs E80 argument since there is not much price difference.

Let me know what you think of these and if I missed anything at the store or online that I should consider. The Samsung looked good in the store but the reviews are concerning. Not crazy about the brushed gray bezel on the LG.

I'm not a purist. I simply want something bigger, brighter, sharper and with better off axis viewing in a bright room. I would hope that it will last 9 years like the DLP did. I think just about any of these will work, I just don't want to miss a key feature or end up with something that dies on me in a year or two or has some crazy lines or backlighting issues. I guess I will also need a recommendation on an OTA tuner since I gather that none of these have one.

Thanks!
I'm in the same 75-inch market. Looked at the Costo options last weekend.

LG - I thought the picture was muddy and low-contrast compared to others. It's edge-lit.

Vizio M70 - Good picture but only comes in 70-inch at Costco. You can't find a 2016 model M75 anywhere. The 2017 M75 will be out soon but at around $3000.

Vizio P75 - Costco has the 2016 model, and the soon-to-appear 2017 model will be exactly the same except it won't ship with the remote. The 2016 model will get a software upgrade this summer that will improve HDR and will put the apps on-screen like the 2017. The 2017 will probably sell for $4000 or so.

Vizio E75 - With a 60-hz refresh rate and other lower-end specs I did not consider it.

So I'm going with the 2016 P75, but not from Costco, which would charge me tax. Vizio is offering 5% off if you buy direct from them and they still have 2016's in stock. And at least where I live they would not charge tax and shipping is free. That saves me $280.
post #10563 of 10586 Old 05-24-2017, 04:01 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Everyone,

I had my Panasonic P50G20 crap out on me, so I'm in the market for a new TV. Basically I'm trying to find something that will get me 80-90% of the way to a LG B6 OLED for a greater chunk of the price cheaper. Obviously gauging 80-90% of picture quality is a difficult task, but I figured this'd be the place to find the folks to do it :-).

To answer the questions in the OP:

1. Budget: <$1500 (since the B6 is $2k if I go too much above $1500 seems like I might as well go for that).
2. Seating distance: ~10 feet or so
3. Size/placement limitations: 55" on a TV stand
4. Uses and sources: Gaming (PS4), Movies (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBO Go, Blu-Ray, Plex), Sports (Digital Over air), and TV (same as movies).
5. Room lighting: Controlled. Should be able to block most light and most use will be at night anyway. During the day may be some glare to the side.

Picture quality is important to me, but I'm not as discriminating as my taste would suggest I don't think. For instance when gaming I can't see much difference in most games between 30 and 60 fps, and I've never cared for any effect I did see from 120hz+ (never noticed anything with normal settings, and I hate interpolation) nor have I ever noticed any ghosting (I actually still don't even know what that means because of this) on a set w/ 8ms response time (never tried higher than that). 4K doesn't seem terribly important as content appears to be lacking, and I can do most all streaming above via the PS4 so the smart-ness of the TV isn't that important either. HDR, and contrast and color correctness, are the most important things to me by a wide margin (hence my plasma from before and leaning toward the OLED if I can't find a better bargain).

Also if it's helpful I'm a Costco member and live in a metro area where I have easy access to most any big box store (including things like MicroCenter, Fry's, Brandsmart, etc), and am looking to ideally get it this weekend when Memorial Day sales are on.

I'm leaning somewhat in the direction of the Samsung UN55MU7000FXZA (or 6000) since it's about a grand cheaper and seems pretty solid, but what other deals/sets should I consider, or if anyone thinks nothing will come close to my vague 80-90% of the B6 for the budget given let me know that too.

Thanks!

post #10564 of 10586 Old 05-24-2017, 05:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerfar View Post
Hi Everyone,

I had my Panasonic P50G20 crap out on me, so I'm in the market for a new TV. Basically I'm trying to find something that will get me 80-90% of the way to a LG B6 OLED for a greater chunk of the price cheaper. Obviously gauging 80-90% of picture quality is a difficult task, but I figured this'd be the place to find the folks to do it :-).

To answer the questions in the OP:

1. Budget: <$1500 (since the B6 is $2k if I go too much above $1500 seems like I might as well go for that).
I posted the info below in another thread. You can get the LG B6 OLED with a sound system for $1,700 all in.

At BuyDig via Techbargains.com get the LG OLED55C6P 55" Curved 4K Ultra HD 3D TV + LG SJ8 300W 4.1ch WiFi Slim Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer for $1,694 with free shipping.

post #10565 of 10586 Old 05-25-2017, 04:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetyjess01 View Post
Hey, I want to buy a new HDTV. But, I'm confused in LCD tv and LED tv. So, please give me some suggestions.
What is your budget? What size are you interested in? Any significant viewing angles in the room?
post #10566 of 10586 Old 05-25-2017, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_DaveB View Post
I posted the info below in another thread. You can get the LG B6 OLED with a sound system for $1,700 all in.

At BuyDig via Techbargains.com get the LG OLED55C6P 55" Curved 4K Ultra HD 3D TV + LG SJ8 300W 4.1ch WiFi Slim Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer for $1,694 with free shipping.
Nice thanks for the heads up! I don't really want a curved screen, but depending on the quality of that sound bar may be worth it. Are there any other differences between the B6 and C6 besides the curved screen?

Still though, if I can get a high quality flat screen that has good black level and HDR performance for under $1500 that may be a better ticket. I also realized I should have noted I do want a TV tuner (seemingly eliminating the Vizio's from contention unfortunately) since I do want to use basic cable that won't have a box.
post #10567 of 10586 Old 05-25-2017, 10:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Nice thanks for the heads up! I don't really want a curved screen, but depending on the quality of that sound bar may be worth it. Are there any other differences between the B6 and C6 besides the curved screen?

Still though, if I can get a high quality flat screen that has good black level and HDR performance for under $1500 that may be a better ticket. I also realized I should have noted I do want a TV tuner (seemingly eliminating the Vizio's from contention unfortunately) since I do want to use basic cable that won't have a box.
Then you should look at the Sony XBR55X900E, which is the best in that price range, and is currently going for $1,400. It's a much better set than that Samsung UN55MU7000 you're thinking about.
dangerfar likes this.
post #10568 of 10586 Old 05-25-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Then you should look at the Sony XBR55X900E, which is the best in that price range, and is currently going for $1,400. It's a much better set than that Samsung UN55MU7000 you're thinking about.
How would that compare to the KS8000 (which from reading here seems much better than this year's models) for $1k?
post #10569 of 10586 Old 05-25-2017, 01:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
How would that compare to the KS8000 (which from reading here seems much better than this year's models) for $1k?
Sure, if you can find one, they're all gone around here. It's much better than the 2017 replacements - also the KS9000 has also been reduced for clearance. There are some issues with the KS8000, such as back panel separation (its only glued on), so get at a local store that will let you return it.
dangerfar likes this.
post #10570 of 10586 Old 05-25-2017, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I need serious help. I bought a ,un55ku6300 and I liked it a lot but then an LG 60uh6150 was on sale for 50 bucks more. So I returned the Samsung and got the lg. Fast forward one week and now the Samsung is clearanced to half of what I paid for the lg. Should I do another return and buy????

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
post #10571 of 10586 Old 05-25-2017, 04:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadog View Post
I need serious help. I bought a ,un55ku6300 and I liked it a lot but then an LG 60uh6150 was on sale for 50 bucks more. So I returned the Samsung and got the lg. Fast forward one week and now the Samsung is clearanced to half of what I paid for the lg. Should I do another return and buy????

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Why did you go for that LG with the sub-par RGBW pixel structure? Both are low-end 60 Hz sets but the VA panel Samsung has deeper blacks with better PQ due to the true 4K pixel structure. The only advantage the IPS panel LG has is a wider viewing angle and judder free 24p.
post #10572 of 10586 Old 05-26-2017, 11:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Looks like they are gone for me too. However Amazon has some sellers that have them new for $1250 (and no tax). So that vs the $1400 (with tax) xbr900, which seems the better deal? And how much better would the extra $500 for the B6 flat panel get me?

Thanks for all your help!
I'd go for the 900E over the KS8000 for $150 because it is the better of the two, and if any issues come up its much easier to return a set to a local store. I'm not a curve guy except I have a corner location I think would be ideal for the curved LG OLED. If you've got a good location for a curved set, need the extra viewing angle, and can use the sound bar/sub woofer, then you might consider the LG. Just my opinion though.
post #10573 of 10586 Unread 05-26-2017, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Sure, if you can find one, they're all gone around here. It's much better than the 2017 replacements - also the KS9000 has also been reduced for clearance. There are some issues with the KS8000, such as back panel separation (its only glued on), so get at a local store that will let you return it.

Where is the KS9000 reduced for clearance? I've been interested in one, but the prices I've seen online are quite expensive
($2K+ for the 65 inch)
post #10574 of 10586 Unread 05-26-2017, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I just got rid of my LG B6 that had major burn in issues. I love the OLEDs, but I watch a lot of news with static banners and I don't want to be constantly paranoid when I watch cable.

My top 3 choices are below. Would appreciate people's feedback/advice.

1. Budget: $1500 - $2000
2. Seating distance: ~9.5 feet if wall mounted
3. Size/placement limitations: 55" or 65" - prefer to wall mount
4. Uses and sources: TV, streaming (Netflix, Amazon, HBO Go)
5. Room lighting: Controlled. I tend to prefer to watch TV at night with a light on, and the light source is a floor lamp on the opposite side of the TV.

I'm looking at a few options right now:

55 inch Samsung Q7F (which I get get for about $1800 lightly used on Amazon) - Since I'm looking to wall mount, I love the no gap wall mount and the basically invisible one connect cable. However, the TV is expensive, and I'm concerned about war mounted a 55 inch about 10 feet away.

65 inch Samsung KS8000 (roughly $1900 new on Amazon) - Right now, the price for the KS8000 is quite high. I'm very concerned about QC issues, especially the back panel coming apart.

65 inch MU8000 ($1800 new) - My main two concerns are the inferior picture quality compared to the KS8000 and the semi-gloss screen which has bad reflections (although not sure if this would be a major issue given my setup). I do like the seemingly better build quality compared to the KS8000.
post #10575 of 10586 Unread 05-27-2017, 06:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unprocessed View Post
I just got rid of my LG B6 that had major burn in issues. I love the OLEDs, but I watch a lot of news with static banners and I don't want to be constantly paranoid when I watch cable.

My top 3 choices are below. Would appreciate people's feedback/advice.

1. Budget: $1500 - $2000
2. Seating distance: ~9.5 feet if wall mounted
3. Size/placement limitations: 55" or 65" - prefer to wall mount
4. Uses and sources: TV, streaming (Netflix, Amazon, HBO Go)
5. Room lighting: Controlled. I tend to prefer to watch TV at night with a light on, and the light source is a floor lamp on the opposite side of the TV.

I'm looking at a few options right now:

55 inch Samsung Q7F (which I get get for about $1800 lightly used on Amazon) - Since I'm looking to wall mount, I love the no gap wall mount and the basically invisible one connect cable. However, the TV is expensive, and I'm concerned about war mounted a 55 inch about 10 feet away.

65 inch Samsung KS8000 (roughly $1900 new on Amazon) - Right now, the price for the KS8000 is quite high. I'm very concerned about QC issues, especially the back panel coming apart.

65 inch MU8000 ($1800 new) - My main two concerns are the inferior picture quality compared to the KS8000 and the semi-gloss screen which has bad reflections (although not sure if this would be a major issue given my setup). I do like the seemingly better build quality compared to the KS8000.
Dump the MU8000 from your list and add the Sony 900E.
post #10576 of 10586 Unread 05-27-2017, 11:46 AM

Hi All,

Its been a long long time since I've posted. Like almost 10 years when I bought my Fujitsu 50 inch Plasma (ha). So I'm in the market for a 65 Ultra HD LCD. Right now I am debating between:

2017 Sony 900E

or

The 2017 Vizio P Series

So, some analysis and watching situation. What I am looking at is maximum value, as they both fit in my budget. I primarily watch Netflix, etc and cable channels as well as premium channels like HBO. I have lots of windows, but watch during the day only on weekends for the most part and then maybe dinner time when I get home for work. I've read several reviews for both models and they both look to be good choices. The 2017 P Series has minimal updates from 2016, and I really can't discern that many upgrades from 2016, that being said it still a very good set. I do minimal Xbox and the occasional movie (on demand) that sort of thing. I know there is a few hundred bucks that may separate them, but I'm looking for some advice and overall value comments.

Thanks!

and happy to provide more information

Dave
post #10577 of 10586 Unread Yesterday, 04:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor David View Post
Hi All,

Its been a long long time since I've posted. Like almost 10 years when I bought my Fujitsu 50 inch Plasma (ha). So I'm in the market for a 65 Ultra HD LCD. Right now I am debating between:

2017 Sony 900E

or

The 2017 Vizio P Series

So, some analysis and watching situation. What I am looking at is maximum value, as they both fit in my budget. I primarily watch Netflix, etc and cable channels as well as premium channels like HBO. I have lots of windows, but watch during the day only on weekends for the most part and then maybe dinner time when I get home for work. I've read several reviews for both models and they both look to be good choices. The 2017 P Series has minimal updates from 2016, and I really can't discern that many upgrades from 2016, that being said it still a very good set. I do minimal Xbox and the occasional movie (on demand) that sort of thing. I know there is a few hundred bucks that may separate them, but I'm looking for some advice and overall value comments.

Thanks!

and happy to provide more information

Dave
First, I'll assume you don't need the unlimited viewing angles of your old plasma as both of your choices are VA panel sets which will degrade at about 20 degrees off angle. Putting that aside, both are FALD with Vizio's being a bit better with more zones while the Sony is considerably brighter. While Vizio P has improved upscaling, the Sony is still superior at that. Another improvement for Vizio is getting rid of that odd tablet, now using a standard remote with the menus on the TV. Personally I prefer the Sony and feel the PQ is better, but you should look at both and make your own decision.
post #10578 of 10586 Unread Yesterday, 10:40 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Dump the MU8000 from your list and add the Sony 900E.
Agreed! KS series dominated the MU. I would say x900e or x930e all the way.
post #10579 of 10586 Unread Yesterday, 07:26 PM

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and I am looking to purchase a new TV tomorrow. To answer the questions at the beginning of the thread:

1. Budget - I am ideally looking to spend under $1000, but max budget is $1300 if that would get me something significantly better.
2. Seating distance - About 12 feet from couch to wall where the tv will be mounted
3. Size/placement limitations - I would like a 65", but would get a 60" if significantly cheaper or better
4. Uses and sources - Input will be from a receiver that I already have with 5.1 surround sound set up. Primary source will be a PS4 with a 50/50 split between gaming and TV/Movies. I will rarely use smart tv features so the user interface of the TV is not really a deciding factor. I am primarly concerned with overall best picture quality.
5. Room lighting - At night room is dark, but during the day the lighting conditions are not ideal. 20 foot ceiling with floor to ceiling windows, and only the bottom 10 feet have blinds. Room is pretty bright during the day, but the majority of time watching will be at night.

From the research and shopping I have done I am looking at the 65" Vizio E series that I found for $899.99 online or the 65" LG 65UH615A for $849.99 at Costco. I am leaning toward the LG because it is $50 cheaper, and I know I can pick it up tomorrow at Costco which is ideal. Any input on which is going to have a better picture? Ultimately I am not concerned about a $50 price difference if the Vizio will be better.

Cnet has no reviews for the LG which is concerning to me, and they gave the Vizio a great review.
post #10580 of 10586 Unread Today, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
LG 75SJ8570 or Vizio M70-D3

I am replacing a 67" Samsung HL67A750 LED DLP (purchased 6 years ago thanks to this forum). I have been looking at the Vizio M70 (2016 model), thinking it could drop down to $1,500 before the 2017's replace it. Yesterday I got in on the Fry's deal of the LG 75" 75SJ8570 for $1,800. I have a to wait a few days for it to arrive at the store so I have time to consider which option it better for me.

This is an "all-purpose" TV. We watch Xfinity recorded shows; some sports, network shows, etc., Netflix. I have a good 7.1 home theater setup with Blueray. No 4K content at this time so how my existing media will look is somewhat important. The TV is in an average size room with dark curtains to block most direct light, ambient light is average.

I have no personal experience with either brand but I've read quite a bit so I think I have the basics about pros/cons for each. Based on the thought that the Vizio could drop to $1,500 would appreciate any comments to help me choose. Thanks in advance.
post #10581 of 10586 Unread Today, 12:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWG View Post
I am replacing a 67" Samsung HL67A750 LED DLP (purchased 6 years ago thanks to this forum). I have been looking at the Vizio M70 (2016 model), thinking it could drop down to $1,500 before the 2017's replace it. Yesterday I got in on the Fry's deal of the LG 75" 75SJ8570 for $1,800. I have a to wait a few days for it to arrive at the store so I have time to consider which option it better for me.

This is an "all-purpose" TV. We watch Xfinity recorded shows; some sports, network shows, etc., Netflix. I have a good 7.1 home theater setup with Blueray. No 4K content at this time so how my existing media will look is somewhat important. The TV is in an average size room with dark curtains to block most direct light, ambient light is average.

I have no personal experience with either brand but I've read quite a bit so I think I have the basics about pros/cons for each. Based on the thought that the Vizio could drop to $1,500 would appreciate any comments to help me choose. Thanks in advance.
The LG 75SJ8570 is an IPS panel set with excellent sound. Being an IPS panel, it will have weak black levels and contrast, but wide viewing angles. You already don't need the sound and unless you need the wide viewing angles that an IPS panel provides, the Vizio M70 should be a better fit with deeper blacks and OK FALD. The Vizio isn't very bright, but you don't have a bright room so that shouldn't be much of a problem. If you sit very close you might notice the Vizio's sub par upscaling, but if you don't that won't be an issue.
post #10582 of 10586 Unread Today, 12:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide16 View Post
Hi All,

I am new to the forum and I am looking to purchase a new TV tomorrow. To answer the questions at the beginning of the thread:

1. Budget - I am ideally looking to spend under $1000, but max budget is $1300 if that would get me something significantly better.
2. Seating distance - About 12 feet from couch to wall where the tv will be mounted
3. Size/placement limitations - I would like a 65", but would get a 60" if significantly cheaper or better
4. Uses and sources - Input will be from a receiver that I already have with 5.1 surround sound set up. Primary source will be a PS4 with a 50/50 split between gaming and TV/Movies. I will rarely use smart tv features so the user interface of the TV is not really a deciding factor. I am primarly concerned with overall best picture quality.
5. Room lighting - At night room is dark, but during the day the lighting conditions are not ideal. 20 foot ceiling with floor to ceiling windows, and only the bottom 10 feet have blinds. Room is pretty bright during the day, but the majority of time watching will be at night.

From the research and shopping I have done I am looking at the 65" Vizio E series that I found for $899.99 online or the 65" LG 65UH615A for $849.99 at Costco. I am leaning toward the LG because it is $50 cheaper, and I know I can pick it up tomorrow at Costco which is ideal. Any input on which is going to have a better picture? Ultimately I am not concerned about a $50 price difference if the Vizio will be better.

Cnet has no reviews for the LG which is concerning to me, and they gave the Vizio a great review.
The LG 65UH615A is one of those low-end 60 Hz sets LG makes with the sub par RGBW pixel structure. So you should avoid that one.
post #10583 of 10586 Unread Today, 01:57 PM

Quote:
The LG 75SJ8570 is an IPS panel set with excellent sound. Being an IPS panel, it will have weak black levels and contrast, but wide viewing angles. You already don't need the sound and unless you need the wide viewing angles that an IPS panel provides, the Vizio M70 should be a better fit with deeper blacks and OK FALD. The Vizio isn't very bright, but you don't have a bright room so that shouldn't be much of a problem. If you sit very close you might notice the Vizio's sub par upscaling, but if you don't that won't be an issue.
Thanks for your info. I know the IPS panels will by nature not have as good black levels as VA panels. In your opinion (I know it's subjective to some degree) just how "bad" are IPS panels? For example - how would they compare to my current TV? I'm trying to get a feel for how much I'll notice when doing what I'd call "casual" watching.

Thanks,
Bruce
post #10584 of 10586 Unread Today, 02:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWG View Post
Thanks for your info. I know the IPS panels will by nature not have as good black levels as VA panels. In your opinion (I know it's subjective to some degree) just how "bad" are IPS panels? For example - how would they compare to my current TV? I'm trying to get a feel for how much I'll notice when doing what I'd call "casual" watching.

Thanks,
Bruce
You will notice if you watch in a mostly dark room, but not if the room is lit; but it will be better than your old Samsung DLP (still have one myself in the basement). It's just that the LG has two distinguishing features - good built-in sound and wide viewing angles, neither of which you seem to need.
post #10585 of 10586 Unread Today, 02:24 PM

Quote:
You will notice if you watch in a mostly dark room, but not if the room is lit; but it will be better than your old Samsung DLP (still have one myself in the basement). It's just that the LG has two distinguishing features - good built-in sound and wide viewing angles, neither of which you seem to need.
Thanks - that's kind of what I was thinking. Now if Vizio would just drop the 2016 M70, that would make my choice easier
post #10586 of 10586 Unread Today, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm looking to replace my living room TV now that we got rid of the entertainment center. I had pretty much settled on the 65ks8000 but the last one at BJs sold (and it was at the top end of my budget). I then moved onto the 65X900E based on this forum, but just realized it is not IPS, which I may need (can use some help there too). The X850D seems like a good choice but I'm having trouble finding it... Vizio P65? Not sure. Here is my info - any help is very appreciated:

- Budget: $1200-1500, though I'll stretch to $1700-1800 if it is really worth it. I plan to upgrade again in 3-4 years.
- Lighting: Very bright most of the day
- Room Size: Main couch is 11' from TV at 10 degrees, second couch (much less used) is 16' at 25 degrees
- Content: Mostly cable HD content, some Blu-Ray, not much streaming (yet... moving that way). I'm far from a videophile.
- Audio: I'm not too concerned, just something decent (I don't have a working audio setup at the moment... that's next).

Given the lighting and viewing angles, I'm thinking I should go with an IPS set?

I'd love some suggestions. I'm definitely not interested in refurbished, and I'd prefer someplace I can easily return if needed (I'm in Boston area). Amazon is preferred online option.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch Led Hdtv Un55b8500 , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Lg 55lh40 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Toshiba , Cables Interconnects
Gear in this thread