Been struggling with a decision between two TVs over the past week, and am hoping the experts on here can help.
A bit of background: My current HT setup consists of an old 46" Samsung LCD TV (60 Hz), a Sony AVR and the Energy Take Classic 5.1. I don't remember the model #s
of the TV and AVR as I bought all this back in 2009. They are still working fine, but it is time for an upgrade and to move the current setup into one of the bedrooms.
My plan is to upgrade the entire system by Black Friday 2017, including new display, AVR and PS4 Pro. New speakers and sub as well, but I'm ok with getting those piece by piece. Perhaps starting with a pair of Elac Debut B6s.
Anyway, for the purposes of this thread, I'm looking for advice on choosing between the Vizio P-series 55" and 65" (both 2016 models).
1. Budget for the display is flexible, but want to keep EVERYTHING listed above under $3000 (CAD)
2. Seating distance is 8-9'.
3. Size/placement limitations - will not be wall mounted. Mostly just my wife and I will be using this system so not very wide viewing angles.
4. Uses and sources - Netflix, sports, movies mostly (70%) and ps4 pro gaming (30%)
5. Room lighting - it is a fairly dark room.
I know the 55" is an IPS panel and the 65" is VA, but I'm wondering if the upgrade from my 8 yr old TV even to the 55" IPS will be so huge that I won't care. This will save me approx $700 (price diff between the two) to put towards a higher end AVR and/or speakers. Or do people thing the extra expenditure on the VA panel will be worth it at the cost of a lower quality sound setup?
FWIW, I was hoping to get the TCL P607, but it is hard to acquire in Canada.
Thanks in advance.