the "help me choose an LCD" thread - Page 368 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 309Likes

post #11011 of 11013 Old 09-21-2017, 05:22 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Solohead: There are so many cliches that are appropriate "you get what you pay for", "only you know if you should stretch your budget", etc. Any of those TV's will be fine for casual viewing, but once you start learning/investigating the quality differences there will be upward pressures on your budget.

So it comes down to how much time do you/family spend watching TV, and how much you are willing to spend (after you upgrade your Netflix subscription to 4K).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11012 of 11013 Old 09-21-2017, 11:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailmanx View Post
And indeed, it was. My X900E was delivered on Saturday. I am NOT a good candidate to review it because the TV I just replaced was a 17-year old rear projection TV. This new TV is SO much brighter and SO much more colorful! This new TV could probably be a bust among reviewers and I'd still be impressed with it because of what I used to watch. I haven't done any adjustments on it yet - I'm just using the movie preset. It's not perfect, but it's not too far off. The sound is meh, but I'll be hooking up my home theater system to it. I'm happy - and that's what counts to me!
The x900e is very highly reviewed. Almost the same performance of a 930e at a fraction of the price. Have fun with your new purchase!
post #11013 of 11013 Old 09-21-2017, 11:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Hi all - here are my specific circumstances:

• Looking for a replacement for a living room (have separate basement theater) circa 2006 Panasonic Plasma 42" monitor.
  • Don't want to change the size by much, so 43-49".
  • AppleTV 4K and Broadcast TV primary uses with occasional movies (my itunes purchased HD/4K collection).
  • I want to be prepared for more 4K, HDR10/Dolby Vision usage in the near future.
  • The room is WIDE with several angled seats. Greater than 20d angle mandatory.
  • The room is mixed light and cant be dark during the day but no direct sun. Daytime viewing as well as nighttime viewing.
  • Dont care about sound or smart functions (soundbar and settops in place).
  • Budget: $900 but would like cheaper options I have seen in this thread and others I have not seen mentioned like the LG UJ7700 49....but need better understanding specific to my needs.

Thanks for any input!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Cables Interconnects , Lcd Hdtv , Lg 55lh40 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch Led Hdtv Un55b8500 , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Toshiba

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page