Official Samsung LED UNxxC6300, UNxxC7000, and UNxxC8000 Owners Thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 6309 Old 03-17-2010, 02:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got it from the on-screen menu of my TV and also from user manual, page 13. Maybe there is a way to enter a custom name, but I haven't found it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 6309 Old 03-17-2010, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

to lancr735
You must be the reason stores have restocking Fees. But if you want to use the return policy to its full extent then that is your right. I've been waiting for the UN55C8000 to drop but almost picked up the C7000. After reading your post I kinda want to pick up the C7000 until the C8000 comes out. I'm not going to do that, but I was going to drop cash on the C8000 the day it comes out. Now I realize To wait and do some research before I drop any coin on any new tv this year. In a weird way thanks for the post.
post #363 of 6309 Old 03-17-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagit811 View Post

I'm considering picking it up, but I'm not sure if all of the features will work with cable boxes. Where you can watch a different channel on the remote. I wonder if It would have to work off the tv tunner (I'm sure it would). The remote looks cool but is it worth $349. On top of that I wish they would come out with an Ipod app that would work the same as this remote, I would pay $50 to $80 for that.

Yes that makes a good point. you would save alot if they did make an app.
i am bottom line looking for a tv with a qwerty /remote not to many choices with all the features i want. not sure i want to spend all the dough on the sammy c7000 plus qwerty remote. but if i want what i want. i guess i have to unless i am missing another way.
post #364 of 6309 Old 03-17-2010, 02:41 PM

Hey I am going to be hanging the 55c7000 on a wall for a customer in about a week and I was wondering if I will have any issues using the Peerless suf660p since it is only .33" away from the wall. Will the power cord be too thick, causing it to push away from the wall? Pictures of the back showing how far the cable sticks out would be very helpful. I was going to use the Samsung mount but my distributor is back ordered till the end of April. This will be crazy close so if anyone who owns this unit can think of any other potential problem areas I'd appreciate the help.
post #365 of 6309 Old 03-17-2010, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked: 646
post #366 of 6309 Old 03-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVinstallation View Post

Hey I am going to be hanging the 55c7000 on a wall for a customer in about a week and I was wondering if I will have any issues using the Peerless suf660p since it is only .33" away from the wall. Will the power cord be too thick, causing it to push away from the wall? Pictures of the back showing how far the cable sticks out would be very helpful. I was going to use the Samsung mount but my distributor is back ordered till the end of April. This will be crazy close so if anyone who owns this unit can think of any other potential problem areas I'd appreciate the help.

Can you not make a hole in the wall to push them cords inside? Thats how i have mine done.
post #367 of 6309 Old 03-17-2010, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVinstallation View Post

At the very least it may be wise to have a recessed outlet. Maybe one of the owners can chime in on weather the power cord for the display has a 90 degree plug?
post #368 of 6309 Old 03-17-2010, 04:22 PM

I am using the Samsung slim wall mount and I have a lot of stuff plug in the back. It was quite a challenge to get that to lay flat on all four corners. If the mount you are planning on using is closer to the wall than the Samsung mount, you could be in for some trouble, especially if using several different connections. The power cord is like last years B models it comes out at a downward angle.

Thank you Dark for posting your settings (page 12 post #355), I will try those later tonight.

I am also going to try and get by the store and pick up my 3D bundle. I will post up and let everyone know my thoughts on the 3D glasses, movie, and 2D to 3D conversion as soon as I can.
post #369 of 6309 Old 03-17-2010, 06:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
is there a way to set a cover picture for the movie files on the Media 2.0? or where can I find more info and tips on these system?

- Panasonic TC-P50ST30
- Yamaha RX-V667
- Polk RM75
- Polk PSW10
- ARRX18G Remote w/ RF extender
- WDTV Live+ (5TB and growing)
post #370 of 6309 Old 03-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGriffin View Post

I am using the Samsung slim wall mount and I have a lot of stuff plug in the back. It was quite a challenge to get that to lay flat on all four corners. If the mount you are planning on using is closer to the wall than the Samsung mount, you could be in for some trouble, especially if using several different connections. The power cord is like last years B models it comes out at a downward angle.

Thank you Dark for posting your settings (page 12 post #355), I will try those later tonight.

I am also going to try and get by the store and pick up my 3D bundle. I will post up and let everyone know my thoughts on the 3D glasses, movie, and 2D to 3D conversion as soon as I can.

Looking forward to what you think! Especially the 2d to 3d part. Also - I'm assuming you're unable to get the package deal (tv/bluray and free 3d package with glasses?)
post #371 of 6309 Old 03-17-2010, 07:37 PM

I have the 55C7000 and I picked up the Samsung 3D Bluray player and 3D glasses starter kit with Monsters vs. Aliens 3D today.

2D to 3D is not that impressive. It works to some extent and the picture is still clear, but the images are very flat, and the effect is more like 2D layering, like the old hologram baseball cards.

3D Bluray on the other hand, incredible. It's hard to believe that this is the very first product on the mass market because it's amazing. The quality of the 3D is every bit as impressive as it is in theaters, if not more so.

Anyone who gets this in their home and has any type of interest in home theater will never be able to truthfully say that 3D is a passing fad.
post #372 of 6309 Old 03-17-2010, 08:56 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by somehow View Post

I have the 55C7000 and I picked up the Samsung 3D Bluray player and 3D glasses starter kit with Monsters vs. Aliens 3D today.

Congrats on your new set up. I was curious if you had your new blu ray player hooked up to a receiver of some sorts and how that worked out with getting loss less audio while you viewed a 3-D film. Any info you could post about this would be greatly appreciated.
post #373 of 6309 Old 03-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Advanced Member

somehow: where did u get the 3D player + glass and did u get the package deal?
post #374 of 6309 Old 03-17-2010, 09:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

2D to 3D is not that impressive. It works to some extent and the picture is still clear, but the images are very flat, and the effect is more like 2D layering, like the old hologram baseball cards.

3D Bluray on the other hand, incredible. It's hard to believe that this is the very first product on the mass market because it's amazing. The quality of the 3D is every bit as impressive as it is in theaters, if not more so.

Anyone who gets this in their home and has any type of interest in home theater will never be able to truthfully say that 3D is a passing fad.

Thanks for your impressions, it's nice to hear it's living up to all the hoopla. Is the BR player backwards compatible?
post #375 of 6309 Old 03-17-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-db View Post

I got it from the on-screen menu of my TV and also from user manual, page 13. Maybe there is a way to enter a custom name, but I haven't found it.

You are right. Sorry about the confusion. I was going by memory. Big mistake.

There is something odd about this naming though. If you go through the list and make changes it actually affects the picture.

Still learning a lot from this......
post #376 of 6309 Old 03-17-2010, 09:16 PM

Well i finally got my UN55C7000 today and i am so excited to unbox it i almost want to save it for tomorrow so i'll still have something to look forward to. Anyways, i ordered this tv LAST thursday on Amazon because they agreed to do a price match from their sale price when the tv first came out, and when the lady did the price match she kicked my tv out of shipping to do it, and not only that but she charged my credit card twice, and the tv never shipped. So come Monday I had to have her call the credit card company to remove the first authorization, and that took ANOTHER 48 hours to post before I could actually re-submit my order. Meanwhile I had bought a Sony 40EX500 to hold me over, but when it finally shipped today around 4 pm I noticed that it shipped from the warehouse in Plainfield, IN (suburb of Indianapolis, where i am), so I called Pilot and they told me I could come pick it up at 10 pm. So i just wanted to let you guys know that it IS possible to get something on the same day, because frankly i thought i would have to wait another week. Now I just have to decide if I'm going to open and put the EX400 in my bedroom or if i should return it and save some $$$. Grant.

Grant W (Indianapolis, IN)
post #377 of 6309 Old 03-17-2010, 09:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmscs View Post

I am wondering the same thing b/c I bought the tv before this whole bluray/glasses deal. Sounds disappointing about the 2d to 3d experience. Doesn't seem like it's too 3d.
post #378 of 6309 Old 03-17-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodChester View Post

Congrats on your new set up. I was curious if you had your new blu ray player hooked up to a receiver of some sorts and how that worked out with getting loss less audio while you viewed a 3-D film. Any info you could post about this would be greatly appreciated.

I have the Denon 3310, and the Bluray player will only output 2d when connected through the hdmi in the denon receiver. Thus, until I figure out a better solution, I went hdmi straight into the tv for video and optical into the receiver for audio.
post #379 of 6309 Old 03-17-2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:

I got it at best buy and the package deal doesn't start until march 21, but best buy has 30 day price protection, so you can bring in your receipt and they will refund the 350 for the starter kit.
post #380 of 6309 Old 03-17-2010, 09:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGSR View Post

MOVIE MODE:
Backlight- 7
Contrast- 93
Brightness- 44
Sharpness- 11
Color- 50
Tint- 48-52
Color Tone- Warm2
240Hz- Standard
Shadow Detail- -1
Dynamic Contrast - off
HDMI Black Level- Low
Black Tone-
Gamma- 0
Color Space- Auto
R-Offset- 30
G-Offset- 25
B-Offset- 19
R-Gain- 17
G-Gain- 19
B-Gain- 44
10P White Balance- Off
Edge Enhancement- Off
xvYCC- Off
LED MP- On

Might have forgot something but figured taking pictures would take longer.
Kid and wife are asleep prob about to play CODMW2 now.

This is just eyeballed settings as of two nights ago. Still need to mess with 10p White balance.

Thanks dark - any settings for "standard"? Movie mode is way to blah for me - I need a little more pop ; )
post #381 of 6309 Old 03-17-2010, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topr View Post

Thanks for your impressions, it's nice to hear it's living up to all the hoopla. Is the BR player backwards compatible?

Yes.
post #382 of 6309 Old 03-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I got it at best buy and the package deal doesn't start until march 21, but best buy has 30 day price protection, so you can bring in your receipt and they will refund the 350 for the starter kit.

did you buy your tv at best buy too? Or just the BR and glasses kit?
post #383 of 6309 Old 03-17-2010, 10:20 PM

Somehow,

When I saw monsters vs aliens at the store I wasn't happy with the 3d, but I think the settings on the tv might have not been optimal. While watching the movie it appeared to have depth, but there were no pop out 3d effects. Do you see any pop out effects while watching the movie on your tv?
post #384 of 6309 Old 03-18-2010, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delt31 View Post

Looking forward to what you think! Especially the 2d to 3d part. Also - I'm assuming you're unable to get the package deal (tv/bluray and free 3d package with glasses?)

I was not able to get a package deal, because they haven't offered one yet, but when they do I will go back and see if they will help me out. I would bet that the prices I got would all add up to be in line with the bundle prices (unless they give me the bundle at a discount also).

The only thing so far I have watched was about half of Monsters vs Aliens (It was getting late).
The 3D effects are good and the picture quality is good also. There are lots of scenes with pop out effects and really good sense of depth. The only problem I have is that most all of the settings are blocked when in 3D (does not matter if you use Blu-Ray Wise or not) and your only choice is standard. The backlight is set at 20 which leads to horrible flash-lighting and cloudiness (I was watching in a completely dark room). Maybe I am not doing something right, but I tried several things and as soon as you switch it to 3D mode it defaults back. I hope they can fix this in a firmware update, but I do not know if the 3D effect will suffer from a lower backlight. If anyone else can confirm that they are also having this same problem I would appreciate it.

So far I am happy with the 3D effects, just a little disappointed in the screen cloudiness and flash-light problems. I will post more later, and I will also post on the 2D-3D conversion quality.
post #385 of 6309 Old 03-18-2010, 06:02 AM

Do you think it's possible to catch your flashlightning-problems in pics? to be honest I can't imagine how bad these problems really are.
post #386 of 6309 Old 03-18-2010, 09:05 AM

I have a question that I haven't seen asked or answered, but apologizes if it has.

For DarkGSR and others who use this with their PS3 could you please give the PS3 settings.....not the TV settings when you use the PS3 but the actual settings changed on the PS3 itself.

P.S. if you want to share the TV configuration you use when using the PS3 that would be greatly appreciated also.
post #387 of 6309 Old 03-18-2010, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked: 646
post #388 of 6309 Old 03-18-2010, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

We just got ours in.

So pls confirm that if we bought the TV + 3D bluray player, we'd get the pair of glass plus some Bluray movies for free??
post #389 of 6309 Old 03-18-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGriffin View Post

Does anyone use the ECO sensor or the auto setting for the power saving mode? I have used the auto setting (seemed to help with the cloudiness/flash-lighting), but I am not to sure about the ECO sensor.

Also anybody using the BD wise with their Samsung player. I tried to soften the picture, but it defaults (TV settings) every time the power is cycled to my player (just the input for the Blu-Ray, not the other inputs). I am thinking about ditching this option, unless it is doing something in the player that can not be achieved with better settings.

I would post my settings, but I am not happy with them yet. If any of you other owners are happy with your settings, I would love to see them, and give them a try. All I have done is lowered contrast, sharpness, and backlight, and turned other options on and off with little to no noticeable effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants56 View Post

For DarkGSR and others who use this with their PS3 could you please give the PS3 settings.....not the TV settings when you use the PS3 but the actual settings changed on the PS3 itself.

P.S. if you want to share the TV configuration you use when using the PS3 that would be greatly appreciated also.

Yeah, I'll post it later tonight. You are meaning the PS3 settings as far as super-white and all that jazz?

Quote:

So pls confirm that if we bought the TV + 3D bluray player, we'd get the pair of glass plus some Bluray movies for free??

People....Bundle doesn't start till March 21st. Last time I'm saying it. Also, I can't say that all retail places will offer that bundle. I am just aware of my own business.

Blu-ray Collection - 205
PS3 Collection - 25
LED Enthusiast, 3D Endeavor
post #390 of 6309 Old 03-18-2010, 10:55 AM

Hi folks, Im new here to the forum but i have been watching the forum for quite awhile now.

Im going to make this as easy as it gets for 3D display for folks that have had bad experience viewing 3D on Samsung C-7000 and possibly the newer Panasonic model for the Plasma. If you are going to watch Samsung for 3D display for the first time, make sure you watch the entire demo for the Movie, because in the beginning, some may feel there is no 3D effect at all, toward the end, Where you can see the shotgun scene, This scene alone the shotgun appears literally out of the screen! popping out of the screen. Other scene where one character had his hand up, virtually you can see his entire hand out of the screen as well. There are other scene that where is bunch of rocks being thrown and you can feel they are being thrown at you! Also i can see the more depth in the picture. I NEVER notice a flicker where is everybody is talking about! and i couldn't see the double image as well or simply i wasn't able to see the double screen.

LET ME SAY THIS! In the beginning when i put on the glasses to watch Samsung 3D display, it didn't work at all! I found out the Glasses weren't working properly! so the best buy employee had to fix it (probably wasn't charged properly) This is one of the hidden trap that some may not be aware of. You may not see any of the 3D effect at all because the Glasses not hooked up correctly and therefore some people may watch the entire demo and just to know they didn't enjoy it because it didn't have enough effect or 0 effect. To prove my point, I took at look at the Panasonic before i tried Samsung 3D display and The pansaonic wasn't working, BB had the TV and the display
but glasses weren't working!! This is the main problem, even BB wasn't even aware of that! so I gave my local BB another visit and finally saw Panasonic 3D display, They had different movie running (The one in Rome?) Honestly, I find Samsung 3D display play better, I can see the difference that characters in Samsung 3D are already popping out the screen, not so much with Panasonic, but more depth perhaps with the Panasonic? Panasonic 3D display movie was slightly darker than the one in Samsung.

I actually went to the next state over to watch the 3D display in BB and they had Samsung 3D and same movie again. They must have wrong setup or glasses wasn't working again! So i hope everyone understand what i mean with my post. I would suggest give your local BB another visit, they might have hooked up correctly if you had no 3D experience because you might change your opinion once you see it.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page