Official Samsung LED UNxxC6300, UNxxC7000, and UNxxC8000 Owners Thread - Page 19 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 6312 Old 03-24-2010, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Here is a link from the Blu-ray player threads in regard to HDMI and what level/spec is needed for 3D HDTV. I found it quite a well put together and well defined explanation:

Quote:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 6312 Old 03-24-2010, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by al-db View Post

This looks similar to my stand, but I didn't get it at Costco. It is a VAS model XL50-5TC. It worked great with my UN55C7000. I have attached a couple of pic's.

Good work! That looks dead sexy on that stand.
post #543 of 6312 Old 03-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dx31698 View Post

Where r people getting hdmi 1.4 cables looked on monoprice and they don't seem to have them yet

There's no such thing as a "1.4 cable" as that terminology is now prohibited by the new HDMI trademark usage guidelines. The spec didn't change as it applied to cables from 1.3 to 1.4, apart from the introduction of the Ethernet channel (which is an OPTIONAL feature--a cable can be compliant under 1.4 without having it), so if a cable was compliant under 1.3 under Category 1 or Category 2, it's still compliant under the same Category under version 1.4.

Some vendors do have cables with the new Ethernet channel out--but as there's no equipment out there yet that will use the HDMI Ethernet channel, it's not really necessary for any current hookup. My guess is that HDMI Ethernet is one of those bad ideas that will slowly fade out of existence, but one never does know...

Kurt
HDMI Cable at Blue Jeans Cable
post #544 of 6312 Old 03-24-2010, 02:41 PM

thanks
post #545 of 6312 Old 03-24-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx31698 View Post

Where r people getting hdmi 1.4 cables looked on monoprice and they don't seem to have them yet

amazon has menotek 1.4 cables for pretty cheap...

Grant W (Indianapolis, IN)
post #546 of 6312 Old 03-24-2010, 06:03 PM

Anyone who owned the B8000 and now the C7000 notice more clouding/flashlighting with the 7000?
Or is this something that varies from set to set?
post #547 of 6312 Old 03-24-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roller11 View Post

Has anyone tried watching 3D content on these TV's using Nvidia's 3D glasses?

This is the determining factor for me. I'm surprised no one has tried this. NVIDIA's 3D and PC based 3D is the future for me....just waiting for a TV that can do it.

SeattleMatt
Westinghouse LVM-37w1
post #548 of 6312 Old 03-24-2010, 06:36 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by roller11 View Post

Has anyone tried watching 3D content on these TV's using Nvidia's 3D glasses?

Given that Panasonic 3D glasses are not compatible with Samsung 3D TV and vice versa. I think you already know the answer to NVIDIA 3D glasses
post #549 of 6312 Old 03-24-2010, 07:48 PM

About 1.4 HDMI, I found this useful when I was looking at it a while back

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-De...ce#Version_1.4
and
FAQ for HDMI 1.4

What really sucks is they want to release different versions of 1.4 cables. Hey, I've got an idea. Lets try and confuse our customers as much as humanly possible.
post #550 of 6312 Old 03-24-2010, 07:52 PM

I have an opportunity to buy the UN55C6300 from a site on ebay for $2011. The site shows the set with a designation of "UN55C6300SFXZA".

Is this OK ? Is there anything other than this in the 55C6300 ?

The site is "AlwaysLowest Store"

Thanks.
post #551 of 6312 Old 03-24-2010, 08:17 PM

For the c7000 owners out there. I'd be curious to know more about different settings folks are using. I'm mostly sticking with the standard+LED motion+backlight way down. I've found that in a dark room running at the backlight as low as 4 still yields a pretty bright picture.

I don't really leave the eco settings on, but I think one effects backlight and the other brightness. I mostly leave the eco setting off because I don't want it to jack the backlight up to max during the day. I'm not really sure if it does that, but I don't get a lot of daytime testing in.

So what do most of you tweak in a dark room the brightness setting or the backlight? Probably both, but I'd be curious to know what folks have for those settings. I'm guessing my key to a good balance of dark levels vs. shadow detail is contained with those two settings.
post #552 of 6312 Old 03-24-2010, 08:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrock View Post

For the c7000 owners out there. I'd be curious to know more about different settings folks are using. I'm mostly sticking with the standard+LED motion+backlight way down. I've found that in a dark room running at the backlight as low as 4 still yields a pretty bright picture.

I don't really leave the eco settings on, but I think one effects backlight and the other brightness. I mostly leave the eco setting off because I don't want it to jack the backlight up to max during the day. I'm not really sure if it does that, but I don't get a lot of daytime testing in.

So what do most of you tweak in a dark room the brightness setting or the backlight? Probably both, but I'd be curious to know what folks have for those settings. I'm guessing my key to a good balance of dark levels vs. shadow detail is contained with those two settings.

I've noticed that the LED is brighter than my A750 LCD so what I've done is use the standard video setting (I used to use Dynamic - I love pop) and I've been reducing the backlight only during the night as you pointed out - it's more than enough at 4 (although I go 6 or 7).
post #553 of 6312 Old 03-24-2010, 08:51 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoredunks View Post

Anyone who owned the B8000 and now the C7000 notice more clouding/flashlighting with the 7000?
Or is this something that varies from set to set?

I think it really does vary from set to set. I am unfortunately returning my C7000 at Best Buy tomorrow due to some really noticeable clouding. I tried dialing down some settings, I was even willing to accept it if it were minor, but mine is pretty bad unfortunately.
post #554 of 6312 Old 03-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Advanced Member

Anyone noticing some overlapping (especially on text) when using the 2d to 3d. Seems to get worse as you increase the depth.
post #555 of 6312 Old 03-24-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delt31 View Post

Anyone noticing some overlapping (especially on text) when using the 2d to 3d. Seems to get worse as you increase the depth.

Only slightly for me. Does not really bother me though. I didn't expect the 2d to 3d to work flawlessly all the time. Now, if it does it for the regular 3d programming, then I will have a problem with that..hehe.
post #556 of 6312 Old 03-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbamel View Post

I think it really does vary from set to set. I am unfortunately returning my C7000 at Best Buy tomorrow due to some really noticeable clouding. I tried dialing down some settings, I was even willing to accept it if it were minor, but mine is pretty bad unfortunately.

do you notice it during the day too or only in a dark room?
post #557 of 6312 Old 03-24-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delt31 View Post

do you notice it during the day too or only in a dark room?

Good question, I really did not notice it did it from one part of the day to the other.. I did notice it in a dimly lit room if that helps.
post #558 of 6312 Old 03-24-2010, 10:12 PM

So Abt will be delivering my TV tomorrow. Just a quick question. I've elected to have them take away the packaging. This in no way prevents me from returning the unit right? They claim it doesn't but just wanted to check with folks who may have done business with Abt before.
post #559 of 6312 Old 03-24-2010, 10:59 PM

I was really excited about getting my 3D glasses and C6900 blu ray player today. I have to say that I am now even more disappointed with Samsung's 3D technology than with the edge lid stuff that they are using. I sat on my couch wearing the dorky 3D glasses for 20 minutes before I could not stand them anymore. Look, 3D is a gimmick and it looks like they got me. I can't believe that I wasted my money on this crap. The picture in 3D did look better but not enough to get me to sit on my couch for two hours wearing some uncomfortable stupid glasses. Now I know why they did not have the glasses available to consumers at launch. I really wish that I would have ordered the B8500 when it was truly available.

In addition, the flashlight issues on my C7000 looked even worse in 3D.
post #560 of 6312 Old 03-24-2010, 11:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post

I was really excited about getting my 3D glasses and C6900 blu ray player today. I have to say that I am now even more disappointed with Samsung's 3D technology than with the edge lid stuff that they are using. I sat on my couch wearing the dorky 3D glasses for 20 minutes before I could not stand them anymore. Look, 3D is a gimmick and it looks like they got me. I can't believe that I wasted my money on this crap. The picture in 3D did look better but not enough to get me to sit on my couch for two hours wearing some uncomfortable stupid glasses. Now I know why they did not have the glasses available to consumers at launch. I really wish that I would have ordered the B8500 when it was truly available.

wait, you didn't try the 3D at the store first before you bought the TV?

i went to best buy this past weekend and they had a demo of the 3D Tv with glasses.
post #561 of 6312 Old 03-25-2010, 03:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 386
Quote:

Alright are you saying your BB had no audition setup? Would've been wise to actually test the feature and your eyes before plopping down several thousand dollars.

My only reservation after audition personally was whether my eyes could handle the effects of the 3D during a two hour movie - my audition was awesome for 8 minutes though admittedly I found them bothering my eyes and I read a review of the Sony 3D on a European website and they found no such issue with them but did state that the impact is lost if you lean your head sideways or lay down horizontal while viewing 3D - I'm going to give the Sony 3D glasses a go also to see if they have the same bothersome impact which may likely lead to headaches especially for those of us that normally wear glasses.

Are you certain the flashlighting is not just a cause for return - I see all these friggin reports yet in store I've never once observed flashlighting - they have been pitch black during dark scenes. Perhaps we have some folks that are hypersensitive like RBE and RPTV's. Hopefully the C8000 and pinpoint dimming may reduce that impact with it's thousands of microshutters.

Samsung 75HU8550w/SEK-3500-UHDVideoPk, 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Philips Folio Soundbar
XBoxOne/360, FPS's Borderlands 1/2, EDF 2017/2025, Halo's
post #562 of 6312 Old 03-25-2010, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbamel View Post

I have clouding on my C7000 too, unfortunately. I keep trying to justify all the reasons NOT to return the set... The clouding is not as bad as my B series set, but still there. I've got a little while, so I will sit on the fence, I guess...
post #563 of 6312 Old 03-25-2010, 06:00 AM

If anybody cared ABT has the 55C8000 in stock.

http://www.abt.com/mobile/product_de...oduct_id=45191

sorry if the link doesn't work as I'm doing it from my iPhone.
post #564 of 6312 Old 03-25-2010, 06:10 AM

Quote:

Have you upgraded the TV firmware? The new firmware allows you to adjust the backlight and other settings, also try movie mode. I would make sure you are using a high bandwidth cable, helps 3D effect. Monsters vs Aliens looks great in 3D when you get it set up right. It does take a while for you to get use to the 3D glasses and you might find them uncomfortable, but 3D content played in 3D (hooked up right and adjusted properly) should produce a nice effect. 2D to 3D conversion not nearly as impressive as true 3D, and varies from content to content and source to source.

As far as the clouding and flashlighting it is there and I find this to be my only major complaint with this set. You can adjust settings to make it better, but I can't make it totally go away. I never saw a B8500, but I did own a B8000 and I am glad I made the switch.
post #565 of 6312 Old 03-25-2010, 06:20 AM

I don't see any Flashlight or Clouding on my set. When its black its pitch black and even all around. I have the backlighting set at 11 and mode set to standard.
post #566 of 6312 Old 03-25-2010, 06:27 AM

Quote:

I would recommend rechecking your setup before you give up on 3D. I (and I believe some others) noticed a Huge difference on 2 separate setups this past weekend. One at a BestBuy where I had the same feelings you expressed.....I felt that 3D was a gimmick and walked out of the store with a heavy lean towards purchasing a b8500. 2 blocks down walked into a PCRichards and had an amazing experience.

With both stores having the same TV Models and Glasses it had to be the setup. I don't know if it was the TV or 3D player configurations or even if the HDMI cable impacted the picture. However, I do know that the results were polar opposites.
post #567 of 6312 Old 03-25-2010, 06:28 AM

post #568 of 6312 Old 03-25-2010, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkoholik View Post

If anybody cared ABT has the 55C8000 in stock.

http://www.abt.com/mobile/product_de...oduct_id=45191

sorry if the link doesn't work as I'm doing it from my iPhone.

yup, I ordered a few days ago, should be delivered tomorrow
post #569 of 6312 Old 03-25-2010, 08:26 AM
dfp
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffi View Post

So Abt will be delivering my TV tomorrow. Just a quick question. I've elected to have them take away the packaging. This in no way prevents me from returning the unit right? They claim it doesn't but just wanted to check with folks who may have done business with Abt before.

Don't know. However, if you cut the tape carefully and open the flaps, you can fold the box flat for easier storage, possibly under a bed. Mine is standing flat against the wall in the basement.
post #570 of 6312 Old 03-25-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldous View Post

yup, I ordered a few days ago, should be delivered tomorrow

Be sure to post pictures and a review would be nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page