Official Samsung LED UNxxC6300, UNxxC7000, and UNxxC8000 Owners Thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 6309 Old 03-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Member
 
djmuzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post

Does the TV come with at least one pair of glasses or do you have to buy them separately also.

the glasses aren't out yet. and no they are not coming with the TV. Youhave to buy them separately for 150$

I saw a video where a Samsung representative said that there will be bundles TV (e.g. C7000) + 3D Blu-Ray-Player including 2 pair of glasses. But we still have to wait for such offers
djmuzi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 6309 Old 03-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
delt31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 661
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 17
You have to buy them separately. Question is has anyone posted their impressions of the 3d when wearing the glasses?
delt31 is online now  
post #93 of 6309 Old 03-08-2010, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
hearrean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Port Neches, Tx. (S.E. Texas)
Posts: 1,526
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm a little confused about something. There is another thread that talks about Samsung's 2010 line up & nowhere in the list is the LN55C6300 listed. In the 6 series, it only shows a 6500. Can someone explain if there is supposed to be a 6300 & what the difference would be between that & the 6500?

Thanks,

Ken

The optimist claims the glass is half full; the pessimist claims it is half empty. An engineer observes that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

hearrean is offline  
post #94 of 6309 Old 03-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Senior Member
 
ptt660's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 343
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hearrean View Post

I'm a little confused about something. There is another thread that talks about Samsung's 2010 line up & nowhere in the list is the LN55C6300 listed. In the 6 series, it only shows a 6500. Can someone explain if there is supposed to be a 6300 & what the difference would be between that & the 6500?

Thanks,

Ken

Westa6969 commented earlier in this thread. His belief is the 6300 exists mainly so you can get a black pedestal stand instead of the 4-legged chrome stand that comes with the 6500. Look for his post from yesterday on this same thread.
ptt660 is offline  
post #95 of 6309 Old 03-08-2010, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
MIkeDuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 6,326
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmuzi View Post

the glasses aren't out yet. and no they are not coming with the TV. Youhave to buy them separately for 150$

I saw a video where a Samsung representative said that there will be bundles TV (e.g. C7000) + 3D Blu-Ray-Player including 2 pair of glasses. But we still have to wait for such offers

Thanks. I will pick up a pair at some point. I have the PS3. As I understand it there will be a software upgrade that will allow it to play 3D movies. I will just do that when it comes out.
Will the glasses be sold at Best Buy as well? I wonder when they will be out.

It ain't easy being green.
My System
MIkeDuke is online now  
post #96 of 6309 Old 03-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Member
 
DarkGSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmuzi View Post

the glasses aren't out yet. and no they are not coming with the TV. Youhave to buy them separately for 150$
I saw a video where a Samsung representative said that there will be bundles TV (e.g. C7000) + 3D Blu-Ray-Player including 2 pair of glasses. But we still have to wait for such offers

Bundle takes place officially March 21st. It is actually two battery powered glasses with Monster Vs Aliens Official 3D. Must be bought with 55C7000 & Samsung BDP6900 Blu-ray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delt31 View Post

You have to buy them separately. Question is has anyone posted their impressions of the 3d when wearing the glasses?

No none yet on the market really unless you are a vendor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearrean View Post

I'm a little confused about something. There is another thread that talks about Samsung's 2010 line up & nowhere in the list is the LN55C6300 listed. In the 6 series, it only shows a 6500. Can someone explain if there is supposed to be a 6300 & what the difference would be between that & the 6500?

Thanks,

Ken

There is a 6300. The difference between the 6300 and 6500 is the following Added: Toch of Color Stone Black, Internet@TV, Wide Color Enhancer Pro. Available in 32,40,46,55,65.

Blu-ray Collection - 205
PS3 Collection - 25
LED Enthusiast, 3D Endeavor
DarkGSR is offline  
post #97 of 6309 Old 03-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Member
 
DarkGSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post

Thanks. I will pick up a pair at some point. I have the PS3. As I understand it there will be a software upgrade that will allow it to play 3D movies. I will just do that when it comes out.
Will the glasses be sold at Best Buy as well? I wonder when they will be out.

Yes sold at Best Buy.

Blu-ray Collection - 205
PS3 Collection - 25
LED Enthusiast, 3D Endeavor
DarkGSR is offline  
post #98 of 6309 Old 03-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Advanced Member
 
kevinmscs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 719
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGSR View Post

There is a 6300. The difference between the 6300 and 6500 is the following Added: Toch of Color Stone Black, Internet@TV, Wide Color Enhancer Pro. Available in 32,40,46,55,65.

Wait, there is a 65 inches LED coming?
kevinmscs is offline  
post #99 of 6309 Old 03-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Member
 
DarkGSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmscs View Post

Wait, there is a 65 inches LED coming?

According to this paper I hold straight from a Samsung Training In NJ for vendors. The 6500 & 800 will be available in 65 possibly.

Blu-ray Collection - 205
PS3 Collection - 25
LED Enthusiast, 3D Endeavor
DarkGSR is offline  
post #100 of 6309 Old 03-08-2010, 05:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
delt31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 661
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Dark - can you post more pictures of the tv? I'm dying to get mine and I just can't get enough!
delt31 is online now  
post #101 of 6309 Old 03-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Member
 
DarkGSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Biggest Displays of each category that should be produced by Samsung for 2010.

LED - 65, LCD - 60, Plasma - 63. That's the plan, but who knows if they will follow through all the way. Just like the B9000...


Yeah, I can take more shots, anyone want any in particular? Also, any suggestion on modes to shoot with the camera? Shooting in low light. I can't find my D80.

Blu-ray Collection - 205
PS3 Collection - 25
LED Enthusiast, 3D Endeavor
DarkGSR is offline  
post #102 of 6309 Old 03-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
delt31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 661
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 17
hockey would be nice - anything in HD.

Also - how does the 240 auto motion plus work? On my A750, it would stutter but i hear this one gives you some jitter/blur options. Mine would give me the soap opera effect so I never used it.

I also noticed that one of the pic options is natural. Is that somewhere between dynamic and standard?
delt31 is online now  
post #103 of 6309 Old 03-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
kevinmscs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 719
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGSR View Post

Biggest LED - 65, Biggest LCD - 60, Biggest Plasma - 63. That's the plan, but who knows if they will follow through all the way. Just like the B9000...


Yeah, I can take more shots, anyone want any in particular? Also, any suggestion on modes to shoot with the camera? Shooting in low light. I can't find my D80.

i want all of them u listed! Thanks
kevinmscs is offline  
post #104 of 6309 Old 03-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Member
 
DarkGSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by delt31 View Post

hockey would be nice - anything in HD.

Also - how does the 240 auto motion plus work? On my A750, it would stutter but i hear this one gives you some jitter/blur options. Mine would give me the soap opera effect so I never used it.

I also noticed that one of the pic options is natural. Is that somewhere between dynamic and standard?


I personally do not have HD channels besides local broadcast. I never really watch TV. I'll see what I can do for you though.

The 240Hz works pretty smooth so far. You mean B750? The A750 only had 120Hz. Yes, there are custom Jitter/Blur reduction options in the custom setting. They seem to smooth out very well with custom settings. Otherwise I leave it on clear with sports and standard for what little TV viewing I do. Custom for Blu-ray or games.

Yes, Natural is personally my favorite preset. Standard gives you the best control though for customizing the adjustments. Opens a new world for consumer tuning without going into the service menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmscs View Post

i want all of them u listed! Thanks

?

Blu-ray Collection - 205
PS3 Collection - 25
LED Enthusiast, 3D Endeavor
DarkGSR is offline  
post #105 of 6309 Old 03-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
kevinmscs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 719
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGSR View Post

?

The shots of the TV's
kevinmscs is offline  
post #106 of 6309 Old 03-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Member
 
DarkGSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I do not own those. I was just stating the biggest sizes of each TV that should be produced this year. Sorry for the confusion.

Blu-ray Collection - 205
PS3 Collection - 25
LED Enthusiast, 3D Endeavor
DarkGSR is offline  
post #107 of 6309 Old 03-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Advanced Member
 
delt31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 661
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGSR View Post

I personally do not have HD channels besides local broadcast. I never really watch TV. I'll see what I can do for you though.

The 240Hz works pretty smooth so far. You mean B750? The A750 only had 120Hz. Yes, there are custom Jitter/Blur reduction options in the custom setting. They seem to smooth out very well with custom settings. Otherwise I leave it on clear with sports and standard for what little TV viewing I do. Custom for Blu-ray or games.

Yes, Natural is personally my favorite preset. Standard gives you the best control though for customizing the adjustments. Opens a new world for consumer tuning without going into the service menu.





?

I meant 120 as you're correct. I have a A750. So you don't use 240 for sports? I was hoping it would work well on that.

Look forward to the pics
delt31 is online now  
post #108 of 6309 Old 03-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Member
 
DarkGSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I do use it for sports but don't watch sports too too much since got the TV so yeah.

Will be watching Pirates 2 soon. post pics after

Blu-ray Collection - 205
PS3 Collection - 25
LED Enthusiast, 3D Endeavor
DarkGSR is offline  
post #109 of 6309 Old 03-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Member
 
DarkGSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So few more shots. Taking pictures are hard! lol. Not my forte with a Point & Shoot.







Like I said, anyone with any advice to taking better shots of the LED in dark room with Point & Shoot, LMK

Blu-ray Collection - 205
PS3 Collection - 25
LED Enthusiast, 3D Endeavor
DarkGSR is offline  
post #110 of 6309 Old 03-09-2010, 12:32 AM
Member
 
felsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
@ DarkGSR
Awesome pics. Thx.

Just one question: You mentioned that you have some more information about the C6300. Do you know how the remote of this set will look like?
And did you already see this LED?
Thanks again.
felsi is offline  
post #111 of 6309 Old 03-09-2010, 05:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
MIkeDuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 6,326
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGSR View Post

Yes sold at Best Buy.

Thanks. I will probably pick up a pair but 3D is not my first reason for getting this TV. I want to get my old Sony out of the room and the B8000 really impressed me so I thought I would go for the C.

It ain't easy being green.
My System
MIkeDuke is online now  
post #112 of 6309 Old 03-09-2010, 06:26 AM
Member
 
SAGriffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Great pics. DarkGSR if you have time could you post your settings, I feel I am going the wrong direction everytime I started tinkering with mine. Thanks in advance.
SAGriffin is offline  
post #113 of 6309 Old 03-09-2010, 06:47 AM
Advanced Member
 
delt31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 661
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGriffin View Post

Great pics. DarkGSR if you have time could you post your settings, I feel I am going the wrong direction everytime I started tinkering with mine. Thanks in advance.

Some questions/comments:

1) same request here - i would like to get your settings

2) does anyone know if my usb wifi stick (official samsung) that I bought for the LNA750 will work with this tv? I know it doesn't have built in wifi so I don't want to buy another one.

3) I see there are a few options when selecting 3d. One option is a picture of one person, the other two are two people split vertically and horizontal. What are these options about?

4) This tv will fit on my existing wall mount right? The one I used with my LNA750? BB guy said yes but they aren't the most reliable.

thanks
delt31 is online now  
post #114 of 6309 Old 03-09-2010, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
MIkeDuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 6,326
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 80
This just came out today. An official list of release dates and prices
http://www.businesswire.com/portal/s...87&newsLang=en

It ain't easy being green.
My System
MIkeDuke is online now  
post #115 of 6309 Old 03-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Member
 
DarkGSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post

This just came out today. An official list of release dates and prices
http://www.businesswire.com/portal/s...87&newsLang=en

Like I said in the other thread and ill say it here too. This will get interesting fast. Yesterdays discussion about release dates and we were given a sheet with all models and months. Yet according to that link suggests otherwise. I think it maybe the official release month but won't see in stores till the time I stated before.

Blu-ray Collection - 205
PS3 Collection - 25
LED Enthusiast, 3D Endeavor
DarkGSR is offline  
post #116 of 6309 Old 03-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Member
 
DarkGSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by felsi View Post

@ DarkGSR
Awesome pics. Thx.

Just one question: You mentioned that you have some more information about the C6300. Do you know how the remote of this set will look like?
And did you already see this LED?
Thanks again.

Yes, seen the LED but can't say I've seen the remote. I didn't really pay attention. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post

Thanks. I will probably pick up a pair but 3D is not my first reason for getting this TV. I want to get my old Sony out of the room and the B8000 really impressed me so I thought I would go for the C.

That's just remember when buying them that there will be two types sold. Battery powered by Medical circular ones (2025) or the rechargeable ones. Of course Battery comes out first then weeks later the rechargeable. Yes, if you liked the B, the C is better and better buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGriffin View Post

Great pics. DarkGSR if you have time could you post your settings, I feel I am going the wrong direction everytime I started tinkering with mine. Thanks in advance.

My settings aren't tweaked too much but I'll list them tonight when I get home. About to go to work and study the playbook for the launch next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delt31 View Post

Some questions/comments:

1) same request here - i would like to get your settings

2) does anyone know if my usb wifi stick (official samsung) that I bought for the LNA750 will work with this tv? I know it doesn't have built in wifi so I don't want to buy another one.

3) I see there are a few options when selecting 3d. One option is a picture of one person, the other two are two people split vertically and horizontal. What are these options about?

4) This tv will fit on my existing wall mount right? The one I used with my LNA750? BB guy said yes but they aren't the most reliable.

thanks

1- I will do tonight
2- It should work yes.
3- Depends on the source and which "effect" you are looking for. More or less, the 2D-3D convert isn't full 3D, just layers the image pretty much. Makes the middle pop out but that is all.
4- Yes it will fit but you will need rubber stoppers. As I stated before the holes for the mount in the LED are a good amount shallower.

Blu-ray Collection - 205
PS3 Collection - 25
LED Enthusiast, 3D Endeavor
DarkGSR is offline  
post #117 of 6309 Old 03-09-2010, 10:30 AM
Advanced Member
 
delt31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 661
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post

This just came out today. An official list of release dates and prices
http://www.businesswire.com/portal/s...87&newsLang=en

nice info - looks like the MSRP for the 8000 compared to 7000 is only 200 more? I thought it would be more. Then again, it is still 3500 but I just got the 7000 for way less than the MSRP so...
delt31 is online now  
post #118 of 6309 Old 03-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Member
 
felsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGSR View Post

Yes, seen the LED but can't say I've seen the remote. I didn't really pay attention. Sorry.

Ok, no problem.
If you see the C6700 again, would be very nice, if you could have a quick look for flashlights/blacklevel/PQ/...
I think C6700 is also a very interesting set for everybody who don't need 3D.
felsi is offline  
post #119 of 6309 Old 03-09-2010, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
MIkeDuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 6,326
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 80
These TV's come with some sort of short stand that can be placed on a wall unit correct? I mean they don't have to be wall mounted do they? If they do have a small stand, does anybody know how wide it is?
Thanks

It ain't easy being green.
My System
MIkeDuke is online now  
post #120 of 6309 Old 03-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Member
 
DarkGSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The stand isn't small by any means on the 55 LED's. Birds feet.

Which stand were you asking about and I can see if I can find out for you. But yes, they all do come with Stands for non wall-mounting

Blu-ray Collection - 205
PS3 Collection - 25
LED Enthusiast, 3D Endeavor
DarkGSR is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off