Official Samsung LNXXC630/C650 Owners Thread - Page 207 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #6181 of 6233 Old 03-29-2012, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone have a remote control solution using iPhone/iTouch/iPad for this TV?

I guess I mean is there a 'fix' to get the TV to allow itself to be controlled via the LAN connection?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6182 of 6233 Old 04-09-2012, 03:24 AM

Yes , you can download a app .from the android market -Samsung Remote, and you can control the Tv with every phone that has android
post #6183 of 6233 Old 05-26-2012, 10:37 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Can anyone tell me one active link that i can download the firmware BEFORE 3014.01 for le40c653?

A LOT OF THANKS
post #6184 of 6233 Old 07-09-2012, 05:40 PM

I have an LN46C650 and I wanted to test out its DTS functionality,
so I set up my PS3 to output the sound via HDMI (Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS 5.1), and plug an optical cable from the TV to my surround sound receiver (STR-K9900P).
Then, I popped in Uncharted 2, but for some reason, my receiver couldn't detect any DTS signal.
I then thought that the TV could not pass through DTS from HDMI to Optical, so I turned on the TV's speakers, but there was no DTS sound from there either,
which makes me think that the TV is unable to decode DTS.
Then, I popped in Toy Story for Blu-Ray, which has a setting for "English 2.0 DTS-HD". I figured that I should try it, because on the TV, it says "dts 2.0 + Digital Out".
However, the same thing happened: not only could the receiver not detect any DTS signal, but there was no DTS sound from the TV's speakers.
The problem does not have to do with the receiver, because when I plug an optical cable directly from the PS3 to the receiver, it works perfectly.
post #6185 of 6233 Old 07-09-2012, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skathacat0r View Post

I have an LN46C650 and I wanted to test out its DTS functionality,
so I set up my PS3 to output the sound via HDMI (Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS 5.1), and plug an optical cable from the TV to my surround sound receiver (STR-K9900P).
Then, I popped in Uncharted 2, but for some reason, my receiver couldn't detect any DTS signal.
I then thought that the TV could not pass through DTS from HDMI to Optical, so I turned on the TV's speakers, but there was no DTS sound from there either,
which makes me think that the TV is unable to decode DTS.
Then, I popped in Toy Story for Blu-Ray, which has a setting for "English 2.0 DTS-HD". I figured that I should try it, because on the TV, it says "dts 2.0 + Digital Out".
However, the same thing happened: not only could the receiver not detect any DTS signal, but there was no DTS sound from the TV's speakers.
The problem does not have to do with the receiver, because when I plug an optical cable directly from the PS3 to the receiver, it works perfectly.

According to a Samsung FAQ here http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/LN46C650L1FXZA?tabContent=content2

"Samsung TVs do not support a DTS audio signal. While you will still be able to hear audio it will not be the full range of DTS audio. Samsung TVs with a Digital Optical output jack support Dolby Digital and PCM but not DTS. [FAQs]"

Dana

"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're probably right." Mark Twain
post #6186 of 6233 Old 07-10-2012, 09:14 AM

Thanks for your response.
However, the FAQ states "While you will still be able to hear audio it will not be the full range of DTS audio.",
which I assume, means that am still able to hear sound from the TV's own speakers,
but I could not hear anything when I turned them on.
post #6187 of 6233 Old 07-10-2012, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skathacat0r View Post

Thanks for your response.
However, the FAQ states "While you will still be able to hear audio it will not be the full range of DTS audio.",
which I assume, means that am still able to hear sound from the TV's own speakers,
but I could not hear anything when I turned them on.

I think we've run into this issue before. Quoting from page 20 of my LN55C650 manual
Quote:
SPDIF Output
SPDIF (Sony Philips Digital Interface) is used to provide digital sound, reducing interference going to speakers and various digital devices such as an A/V Receiver/Home theater.
■ Audio Format: During the reception of a digital TV broadcast, you can select the Digital Audio output (SPDIF) format from the options PCM or Dolby Digital.

When it says "During the reception of a digital TV broadcast..." it means that the signal is coming from an antenna directly to the TV.

Dana

"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're probably right." Mark Twain
post #6188 of 6233 Old 07-16-2012, 10:18 PM

Liked: 11
I have found the SPDIF output fairly useless as Samsung limits it to 2 channel only. I used it briefly to stream Netflix in stereo until I got a BD player which could do DD+. Now I no longer have a need to select the SPDIF on the Samsung. 
post #6189 of 6233 Old 07-24-2012, 12:41 PM

I need some help with audio for my 46c650 (I Have the 670, but that is just a different number for best buy, at least that is the way I understand it.)

Anyway, I am building a computer and I purchased this sound card and I need to hook it up to this tv with these input/outputs:

Inputs & Outputs
4 HDMI Inputs
4 HDMI Inputs High Definition MultiMedia Interface.
2 Component Inputs
2 Component Inputs Analog video connection that transmits information along two or three separate signals.
1 Composite (AV) Input
1 Composite (AV) Input Analog terminals that transmit audio and video information along a single signal.
1 PC Input (D-sub)
1 PC Input (D-sub) VGA connection that transmits analog component video signals via 15 shielded pins at the end of a cable.
1 PC Audio Input (Mini Jack)
1 PC Audio Input (Mini Jack) Port that allows television to receive high-quality sound directly from a computer.
1 Ethernet Port
1 Ethernet Port Connection linking TV to Local Area Networks (LAN) for up-to-the-minute RSS feeds like news and weather.
2 USB 2.0 Ports
2 USB 2.0 Ports Universal Serial Bus. Interface standard for connecting peripherals to a computer. USB 2.0 is high-speed.
1 Optical Digital Audio Output
1 Optical Digital Audio Output Ports used to transmit digital audio streams between components without interference.
1 DVI Audio Input (Mini Jack)
1 DVI Audio Input (Mini Jack)
1 RF Input

What cable do I need?? Please link me a picture.

Thanks
post #6190 of 6233 Old 08-04-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoisBou View Post

Hi,

I recently noticed that when I turn on my tv (LN55C650), the picture is a little bit darker, and after about thirty seconds it becomes normal. Is it a problem ?

Thank's

Its the CFL backlight. After a while they lose their brightness and take longer to warm up.
post #6191 of 6233 Old 09-17-2012, 06:55 PM

Hi. Well, after less than 2 years, my LN46C630 also started the intermitten flickering issue that many are experiencing. Even though I purchased a third-party extended warranty, I didn't want to have to mess around with a repair man since the known fix is posted all over the internet (see: http://youtu.be/1ZwQ0gRQ9sg) so I fixed it in about 10 minutes by cutting the jumpers indicated in the video.
I knew others also had this issue, based on the nearly 21,000 views of this video and 140+ comments of users thanking the poster for sharing the video and information. I wanted to inform Samsung of my experience, in part to vent a bit that a two-year old TV shouldn't have this issue, but also to add to the hopefully growing number of reports of this issue so hopefully they acknowledge this is an issue with this TV. I initially chatted with support who assigned me a reference number for my issue and claimed I would get a call back within 48 hours. After two weeks of no response, I called the 1-800 support number (1-800-726-7864) to speak with someone. I went through the first CSR who asked if i was looking for compensation and I said yes, so I was then put through to a higher-level CSR.
I explained my issue with the TV, how I fixed it myself and wanted to report this issue to Samsung, since more and more folks will have this issue. The CSR would not compensate me since it is out of warranty and said that the capacitor issue was with an older model, which I acknowledged, but reminded her that was not the NEW issue. I told her I used the video posted on youtube to fix the TV and from the number of views and positive comments thanking the author, that a significant number of other folks are also having this issue. She was not aware of others reporting this issue (or so she claimed), but promised that it would be entered into "their database". I said I would be considering another manufacturer in the future, as Samsung does not seem to be interested in having positive customer relationships and hung up.
Thus, I am asking any of you who have had this flickering issue to either call (1-800-726-7864) or email or use a social networking contact (options located here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/LN46C630K1FXZA) to increase the number of reports of this obvious flaw that affects either the entire model or a specific batch of these TV's. Hopefully Samsung will do something about this or at least acknowledge the issue and extend the warranty or additional defections away from the brand.
Please reply if you have contacted Samsung with this issue and how they responded to your request, so we can get an estimate of the numbers. Thanks!
post #6192 of 6233 Old 10-11-2012, 01:04 PM

Hi,

I'm looking for a network drive, mainly to stream mkv / h.264 videos to my C650.
Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Carpe Diem
post #6193 of 6233 Old 10-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I prefer to use USB when watching movies so you can hold position, fast forward and backup unlike DLNA.
post #6194 of 6233 Old 01-04-2013, 07:16 AM

Does anyone know how to fix the following problem with my LN46C630? Image of a portion of the screen below.

When I first turn on the tv, there are evenly spaced thin black bars across the whole screen. Once the tv has been on for a few minutes, the lines either go away by themselves or with a little bit of jiggling of the hdmi cable. Very rarely, but only when the vertical lines are present, the screen will also flash with either pink or white tint. You can still see the video image, it is just overlayed with a pinkish or white cast. Love the tv, but I'm disappointed that it hasn't even lasted 2.5 years.
post #6195 of 6233 Old 01-04-2013, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by pufft View Post

Does anyone know how to fix the following problem with my LN46C630? Image of a portion of the screen below.

When I first turn on the tv, there are evenly spaced thin black bars across the whole screen. Once the tv has been on for a few minutes, the lines either go away by themselves or with a little bit of jiggling of the hdmi cable. Very rarely, but only when the vertical lines are present, the screen will also flash with either pink or white tint. You can still see the video image, it is just overlayed with a pinkish or white cast. Love the tv, but I'm disappointed that it hasn't even lasted 2.5 years.

if jiggling the hdmi cable sometimes fixes it, have you tried using a different hdmi port and/or cable?
post #6196 of 6233 Old 01-04-2013, 07:35 AM

Yes, I've tried different cables and all the hdmi ports. I know it's not the source, since my htpc is hooked up to the tv as well and the same problem exists. I'm thinking something with the electronics/connection inside the tv is the culprit, as the problem largely goes away once the tv has warmed up.
post #6197 of 6233 Old 01-04-2013, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
that sucks. I have the same tv, but haven't noticed any problems with it yet. How long does it take to warm up before the lines go away?
post #6198 of 6233 Old 01-04-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasnmb View Post

that sucks. I have the same tv, but haven't noticed any problems with it yet. How long does it take to warm up before the lines go away?
It depends. Sometimes they will go away by themselves in less than 5 minutes. Other times, the lines will stay on the screen indefinitely unless I jiggle the hdmi cable. I think the longest the tv was on before I could get the lines to go away was maybe 2 hours (only happened once).
post #6199 of 6233 Old 01-24-2013, 04:17 PM

I think I messed up my picture when I hit factory reset in the service menu on mine,Would you please help me out and take some pics of your service menu settings for me?
post #6200 of 6233 Old 03-08-2013, 07:48 PM

I have this TV. I am having Flash lighting issues after about 2 years of use.
post #6201 of 6233 Old 03-09-2013, 08:50 AM

Anyone who hates the "Soap Opera Effect," or "S" "O" "E" needs to get a life. It's so awesome. I almost spent 3 racks this week buying a plasma. Then decided against an LED due to flashlighting, bleeding, and general panel inconsistency. Instead, decided to keep my 55C650 for (yet) another year. Can one really go from this to plasma? I have not been impressed with the "motion" I've seen one any of them, including the VT50.
post #6202 of 6233 Old 03-09-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuzyAudio View Post

I have this TV. I am having Flash lighting issues after about 2 years of use.

My bad AuzyAudio, I didn't see your post before I made mine. Honestly, I'm looking for this on my set, to have a reason to upgrade. I've been pretty happy with CCFL, and seen terrible flashlighting and bleeding on edge-lits in so many environments. I've seen only minimal flashlighting on mine, and only really off-angle. I have an AA02 I got in late 2010.
post #6203 of 6233 Old 04-30-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:

[IMG ALT=""]http://www.avsforum.com/content/type/61/id/120462/width/500/height/1000[/IMG When I first turn on the tv, there are evenly spaced thin black bars across the whole screen. Once the tv has been on for a few minutes, the lines either go away by themselves or with a little bit of jiggling of the hdmi cable. Very rarely, but only when the vertical lines are present, the screen will also flash with either pink or white tint. You can still see the video image, it is just overlayed with a pinkish or white cast. Love the tv, but I'm disappointed that it hasn't even lasted 2.5 years.

Having the exact same problem. Sometimes goes away on it's own after a few minutes, sometimes takes a while to go away on its on. I can always fix it temporarily by applying a slight amount of pressure on the HDMI cable (pushing in on it). Almost always happen when the TV is powered on. Haven't identified the cause of the problem. Have swapped out all HDMI, COAX, and optical cables, as well as using different HDMI ports. Problem persists.
post #6204 of 6233 Old 05-20-2013, 06:32 AM

Quote:

I have the same problem. While it was happening I changed the input to another device and the same lines are there so does not seem to be linked to one HDMI port. If there was a fix for this somewhere else in this thread I missed it.
post #6205 of 6233 Old 05-30-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor8640 View Post

I have the same problem. While it was happening I changed the input to another device and the same lines are there so does not seem to be linked to one HDMI port. If there was a fix for this somewhere else in this thread I missed it.

I started having this problem about two days ago, sometimes I would just get the black lines, sometimes I would get multi-colored lines in almost a repeating pattern across the screen. After looking around a bit online I figured out it was either:

1. A dying panel ($1500 replacement)
2. Broken TCON board (sits at the top of the tv and connects to the board with all the inputs on it) $65 part
3. A blown capacitor somewhere on one of the boards (would be bulging, google images will show you)
4. Loose internal cable connection

Fortunately it turned out to be #4 and all I had to do to fix it was open up the back and after seeing all the caps were still intact, I pushed all the cables into where they connected. What was strange is that nothing felt loose to me at all, but after just pushing all the connections together I put the back on again and turned it on and its been going strong for about 24 hours now with no more lines. I was ready to go out looking for a new TV since I also had that flashing problem and had to open up my TV a year ago to cut the jumper, was starting to think I had a lemon.
post #6206 of 6233 Old 06-01-2013, 03:33 PM

I have one of those LN40C650 that happened to die on me yesterday (screen turned suddenly black). I had issues with it previously (colored lines) that could be fix when playing around with a loose hdmi port. Now, before throwing the thing out, was wondering if someone had any suggestions... Read about the caps issue, which doesn't seem to be the problem here (they look fine and never had the "clicking" sound). Also, when I plug the power cord, the small red light (power) flashes until I try to start the TV, then it stop and nothing else happens...

Thanks...
post #6207 of 6233 Old 06-14-2013, 02:06 PM

Greetings!

I have a LN46C630 which I've had for a little over 3 years. It used to be my man cave TV until about 6 months ago when I moved it upstairs to the living room after buying an LG 3D. For 2 1/2 years in the man cave this TV was awesome. For 6 months after moving it upstairs it continued to be awesome. The picture is still excellent on it but what started happening about 2 weeks ago is a volume issue. For no apparent reason the volume will suddenly go up to 100 or the mute icon will flash on and off. It's very sporadic. Can go hours with no issues and then suddenly the TV is unusable for hours. I've tried everything I can think of. I took all of the batteries out of all of the remotes and it still happens. I've tried leaving it unplugged for 24 hours to no avail. I reprogrammed my universal to work with it and still have issues. I've replaced all of the HDMI cables with new cables and no joy. It happens on all HDMI inputs, I'm guessing it would on component/RCA too but I don't use any of those ports and don't have any reliable cables laying around to test with. Ever since I bought the TV I've always used the optical out for audio though a receiver and in the settings it has always been set to external speakers.

I guess my questions are: Has anyone else had this issue and know of a fix for it? Is it possible that something else is using the same frequency as the remote causing these issues?

From digging around I've read that this is a known issue on some Samsung models (blown/bulging capacitors) but the fix is to take the back off and disconnect the wire from the volume buttons on the set, this model has no buttons at all to disconnect. I've already bought a new TV to replace it but I'd like to see if I can fix it and give it to my stepson who just got a place with his girlfriend.

Thanks in advance!
post #6208 of 6233 Old 06-24-2013, 04:31 PM

Liked: 14
I just inherited a 46c630 by playing TV switcharoo. The main question I have about this set is input lag, I've put it in game mode and set the input name to Game (not sure why the latter would do anything). I'm still getting around 40-60ms of input lag, where as on my lcd monitor right next to it I'm getting about 8-10. I play a decent amount of FPS games and find this a little on the high end. I connected a LAN cable since the firmware was from 2010 but there doesn't appear to be any new firmware. Is there anything else besides game mode you can do or am I just stuck with high input lag?
post #6209 of 6233 Old 06-24-2013, 06:40 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by esk1 View Post

I just inherited a 46c630 by playing TV switcharoo. The main question I have about this set is input lag, I've put it in game mode and set the input name to Game (not sure why the latter would do anything). I'm still getting around 40-60ms of input lag, where as on my lcd monitor right next to it I'm getting about 8-10. I play a decent amount of FPS games and find this a little on the high end. I connected a LAN cable since the firmware was from 2010 but there doesn't appear to be any new firmware. Is there anything else besides game mode you can do or am I just stuck with high input lag?

I put my 360 in HDMI and labeled that input PC and I'm getting way better results than Game mode. Seems to be limited to that Input however.
post #6210 of 6233 Old 06-25-2013, 06:55 AM

I can't find it at the moment, but I distinctly remember reading about this either on this thread/forum or some other forum (maybe CNet). I had the exact same problem as you and I don't know if there's any merit to it, but it seems to have fixed the problem (for me).

I was told to put any gaming console on the 1st input. You know how there's 3/4 different HDMI inputs? Supposedly the 1st one has "less lag" than the others. That in combination with Game mode supposedly fixes the problem.

Again, I can't find where I read it at the moment, but that fixed my lag issue. Maybe try that.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page