Official Samsung LED UNXXC6300, UNXXC6400 & UNXXC6500 Owner's Thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 4074 Old 04-30-2010, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have just made the jump to VOIP (voip.ms). I want to have the telephone number / Caller ID to appear on screen.

I would be grateful for help on this ? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 4074 Old 04-30-2010, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Finally picked up my C6300! It has a C pannel, but the off angle veiwing isn't that bad on mine. No dead pixels. It has minor flashlighting in the bottom corners, the right side of the screen is perfect (exept fir the flashlighting), the left side however, has some clouding. Messing with the settings helped quite a bit.

Overall I'm very happy with it, can't wait to test out some Blurays.
post #363 of 4074 Old 05-01-2010, 10:53 AM

Just bought a un55c6500 a few weeks ago and am finally getting it all hooked up the way I wanted. One thing I notices was that the TV will only accept input from a 1080p source thru the HDMI1/DVI port. All the other HDMI inputs will only take a 1080i picture. If you try to feed 1080p through the other inputs it will saying it does not recognize the resolution. Has anyone else noticed this or is something wrong with my TV?

Thanks!
post #364 of 4074 Old 05-01-2010, 11:03 AM

Liked: 24
I have my PS3, DirecTV DVR and Samsung BDP all going into an Onkyo tx-sr 608 and to the TV in HDMI 2. After reading that I had to check I am getting 1080p thru mine. Are you running it thru a receiver ?

We have nothing to fear but fear itself... and spiders

My current gear : (Mancave) Vizio M701, Sony Str-DA5800 receiver,  Speakers : Front.. Klipsh RF-7 reference flagship, Center.. RC-64 reference, Surrounds.. 4x RC-62 reference, DirecTv Genie, PS3, Oppo BDP-105 Universal Audiophile blu-ray. 

post #365 of 4074 Old 05-01-2010, 11:21 AM

Attached is a screenshot. HDMI 4 is the game HDMI port on the 608, but its going into HDMI 2 on the TV.
LL

My current gear : (Mancave) Vizio M701, Sony Str-DA5800 receiver,  Speakers : Front.. Klipsh RF-7 reference flagship, Center.. RC-64 reference, Surrounds.. 4x RC-62 reference, DirecTv Genie, PS3, Oppo BDP-105 Universal Audiophile blu-ray. 

post #366 of 4074 Old 05-01-2010, 01:05 PM

I purchased a UN46c6300 from Best Buy in North Carolina yesterday on sale for $1359.99. It has an SQ01 panel.

After tinkering with the settings as suggested by Ken on page one, the picture looks great. I do plan on testing adjustments and having an A/V installer friend come put his two cents in, so I'll post with any adjustments afterwards. I do not notice anything that would make me think of ghosting or flashlighting. That being said, I'm not an expert on TVs. What are ghosting/flashlighting? I see no hazy spots, no areas brighter or darker than others. I see no issues at the corners. Everything looks fine. Is this something that might not show up immediately? The new TV is replacing a Samsung LN46A650 that was stolen and I'm pleased with the new tv so far (if anyone is familiar with the old model I had...for comparison)

Incidentally, I didn't go with the 6500 because it seems only to add internet apps and a crow stand?! I didn't see a $300 value in that. I like to use a computer/iphone for internet and leave the TV for watching TV and movies...

Jason
post #367 of 4074 Old 05-01-2010, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcougar View Post

I purchased a UN46c6300 from Best Buy in North Carolina yesterday on sale for $1359.99. It has an SQ01 panel.

What are ghosting/flashlighting? I see no hazy spots, no areas brighter or darker than others. I see no issues at the corners. Everything looks fine. Is this something that might not show up immediately?

Jason

Flashlighting is the slang name for back-light bleeding which, many times is caused during the ass'y of the unit when the panel is attached. I've seen it written that 60% of the time, the bleeding is due to over-torqueing the screws when attaching the panel. If even pressure is not distributed around the outside of the panel, then light-bleed can occur between the connection/screw points. Typically if you have flash-lighting/clouding/white puffs around any portion of the outer edges, this can likely be the cause. Sometimes loosening and/or tightening certain screws can help diminish the problem. Flashlighting occuring more toward the center of the panel is usually due to something else which is more directly related to the LCD's/LED's, etc. There is usually no fix for this except certain user-setting adjustments, which can help diminish the problem.
Look between screen shots of a movie or TV material when the picture is black; this is the best time to view this type of problem. Or if you are watching 4:3 material, you would see the flashlighting on either side. If you don't see it, that's a good thing.
As far as can it get worse, the simple answer is yes, because I had a LCD unit that did. It went from clouding in and around about 3 areas of the panel to more than 7 is a period of about 3 months. (I had that unit replaced by Samsung). But I wouldn't worry about it if you're not seeing it....just enjoy your set.

Ken

The optimist claims the glass is half full; the pessimist claims it is half empty. An engineer observes that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

post #368 of 4074 Old 05-01-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzer the medic View Post

Attached is a screenshot. HDMI 4 is the game HDMI port on the 608, but its going into HDMI 2 on the TV.

What kind of TV do you have? Your menu looks completely different than mine, or maybe I don't know how to get tha particular menu up.

Running things through a receiver is actually how I discovered the issue with the 1080p. I hooked up an additional HDMI cable to HDMI 2 for trouble shooting and noticed I was not getting consistent results which led me to belive the receiver was broken. Turnded out plugging 1080p items into HDMI1 solvered everything with HDMI2 being unable to interpret the 1080p input.
post #369 of 4074 Old 05-01-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountThis View Post

What kind of TV do you have? Your menu looks completely different than mine, or maybe I don't know how to get tha particular menu up.

Running things through a receiver is actually how I discovered the issue with the 1080p. I hooked up an additional HDMI cable to HDMI 2 for trouble shooting and noticed I was not getting consistent results which led me to belive the receiver was broken. Turnded out plugging 1080p items into HDMI1 solvered everything with HDMI2 being unable to interpret the 1080p input.

Sorry, what I was showing is the OSD from the Onkyo 608. Just to show that I had 1080P running thru HDMI port 2 on the TV..
ALSO.. if you look at the screen shot (sorry it was taken with an iPhone) but you can see that the movie is actually letterboxed, the black bars are completely black, I see no flashlighting what so ever on the TV

post #370 of 4074 Old 05-01-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:

Sorry, what I was showing is the OSD from the Onkyo 608. Just to show that I had 1080P running thru HDMI port 2 on the TV..
ALSO.. if you look at the screen shot (sorry it was taken with an iPhone) but you can see that the movie is actually letterboxed, the black bars are completely black, I see no flashlighting what so ever on the TV

Hum.... very interesting. I'll have to call Samsung and see what's going on. I'm not sure what is going on then.

Comment on my flashlighting -- I see flashlighting when there is non image being dictated to the TV, like when 4:3 content is showing I will see flashlighting up to the edge of the image where the bars are. If something is full 16:9 and the screen is supposed to be black (like if the show is basiclly telling the tv to light up black) then I don't see any flashlighting.... yeah i know, kind of weird.
post #371 of 4074 Old 05-01-2010, 07:21 PM

Has anyone had problems with getting Blockbuster or Netflix to work on the 6500?

I'm connected and all appears to be working good accept the above apps. When I choose either one Im prompted to update my firmware. I've done this and am at the latest...that is, according to the TV.

Scanning through the thread, someone wrote that it Netflix worked right after the updated the firmware. Can you let me know what firmware you have installed?

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
post #372 of 4074 Old 05-01-2010, 08:49 PM

just a few quick picks from the Sheryl Crow concert tonight on Palladia. These were taken in a dark room with the lights out, the first is a commercial in 4:3 so you can see no flashlighting from the sides, the second is from the concert itself which was letterboxed, again no flashlighting from the top or bottom. Crappy iPhone pics, but.. best I could do =)
Don't have the TV dialed in quite to where I want it, but I'm more than happy so far.

post #373 of 4074 Old 05-01-2010, 08:50 PM

Sorry, forgot to click upload LOL .. here they are
LL
LL

post #374 of 4074 Old 05-01-2010, 10:47 PM

Quote:

Sorry, forgot to click upload LOL .. here they are

I can actually see some very minor flashlighting on your 4:3 picture in the lower left and right corners. Honestly, I think it has more too do with how sensitive the viewers eyes are.

I tip for helping out with flashlighting is to turn the back light down by 2 or 3. The whole picture will dim somewhat but the default is pretty high up there and you won't notice the picture being dimmer after a bit.
post #375 of 4074 Old 05-01-2010, 11:14 PM

Quote:

Hum.... very interesting. I'll have to call Samsung and see what's going on. I'm not sure what is going on then.

Comment on my flashlighting -- I see flashlighting when there is non image being dictated to the TV, like when 4:3 content is showing I will see flashlighting up to the edge of the image where the bars are. If something is full 16:9 and the screen is supposed to be black (like if the show is basiclly telling the tv to light up black) then I don't see any flashlighting.... yeah i know, kind of weird.

Ok, i have this one all figured out. It turned out to be the cable. I bought one from fry's and another off Amazon for half the price (both the exact same cables). The Amazon one screws up the 1080p signal for some reason.... weird. Stupid of me not to try switching this around as part of the trouble shoot before.
post #376 of 4074 Old 05-02-2010, 12:38 AM

Hi All,

Any reason to have this professionally calibrated right away or after a given time period? I see no mention of this for LCD's but for sure on plasma threads. Or, can the settings be done by 'ourselves' with the specs. provided already in some earlier posts?

I hope to purchase the 46C6500 tomorrow over the Panny 50G25 Plasma......

I saw the 46C6500 running in the store and I was about 80yds away and it looked bright and awesome. Of course I made a trip to see it with the salesman's recommendation later for qualifying in the this-is-what-I-want-to-buy price range/category/specs.

Thanks!
post #377 of 4074 Old 05-02-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:

Just bought a un55c6500 a few weeks ago and am finally getting it all hooked up the way I wanted. One thing I notices was that the TV will only accept input from a 1080p source thru the HDMI1/DVI port. All the other HDMI inputs will only take a 1080i picture. If you try to feed 1080p through the other inputs it will saying it does not recognize the resolution. Has anyone else noticed this or is something wrong with my TV?

Thanks!

Hmmm I have my PS3 hooked up to the HDMI-2 port on this same TV and have had no issue playing 1080p.
post #378 of 4074 Old 05-02-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:

Ok, i have this one all figured out. It turned out to be the cable. I bought one from fry's and another off Amazon for half the price (both the exact same cables). The Amazon one screws up the 1080p signal for some reason.... weird. Stupid of me not to try switching this around as part of the trouble shoot before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by telias69 View Post

Hmmm I have my PS3 hooked up to the HDMI-2 port on this same TV and have had no issue playing 1080p.

Yeah, i figured this one out. See post 378. It was the hdmi cable going to the HDMI-2 input.

Thanks for the input though!
post #379 of 4074 Old 05-02-2010, 03:44 PM

Since there seems to be a good deal of us with the 6500 now. Anyone care to share their settings ?
I'm close but not close enough to recommend mine. What I'm finding is when the picture looks the best, my whites seem to be over saturated.

post #380 of 4074 Old 05-02-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:

Since there seems to be a good deal of us with the 6500 now. Anyone care to share their settings ?
I'm close but not close enough to recommend mine. What I'm finding is when the picture looks the best, my whites seem to be over saturated.

I just got mine Friday so I'm tinkering around with the settings still.

Only problem I've had with it so far, is one HD Showtime channel has pink pixels that happen when the screen is panning across pretty quick, like in a car chase or something. It's only one channel though, other than that....I love this TV so much!
post #381 of 4074 Old 05-02-2010, 05:54 PM

Found a disk that had the THX optimizer on it. Ran it and now I'd have to say I'm about 98% done with tweaking. I'm loving the TV as well

post #382 of 4074 Old 05-02-2010, 08:12 PM

I just purchased a 55 inch 6300.

I wondering what everyones picture settings are??? I tried a few of the ones posted but they seemed very dark to me. I'm looking for some pop on my screen, I mainly use this TV to watch sports. Any recommendations would be appreciated!
post #383 of 4074 Old 05-03-2010, 04:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezheadsrule View Post

I just purchased a 55 inch 6300.

I wondering what everyones picture settings are??? I tried a few of the ones posted but they seemed very dark to me. I'm looking for some pop on my screen, I mainly use this TV to watch sports. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Did you try the settings on page 1 (post # 20)? Those should give you plenty of pop..That's what the "Natural" setting tends to do.

Ken

The optimist claims the glass is half full; the pessimist claims it is half empty. An engineer observes that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

post #384 of 4074 Old 05-03-2010, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearrean View Post

Did you try the settings on page 1 (post # 20)? Those should give you plenty of pop..That's what the "Natural" setting tends to do.

Ken

I used these and recommend them as well. Only thing I changed was the backlighting, because the room I'm in is pretty bright at all times.

Also, since you said you watched sports (person this was in reply to) definitely set it for the 120h Motion Plus to be on.
post #385 of 4074 Old 05-03-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by telias69 View Post

I used these and recommend them as well. Only thing I changed was the backlighting, because the room I'm in is pretty bright at all times.

Also, since you said you watched sports (person this was in reply to) definitely set it for the 120h Motion Plus to be on.

I'll give it a try again, seemed really dark to me. Maybe I messed up one of the settings, I'll try again when I get home. Thanks!
post #386 of 4074 Old 05-03-2010, 09:41 AM

I just brought my 6500 home from Best Buy on Sunday (5/2)- and I too couldn't get Netflix streaming or Blockbuster streaming to work (hardwired set- netflix streaming fine on Samsung BDP-2500 on the same net). Like others- I got the "Please update software in order to enjoy..." - but in attempting to do so there is no newer software available (via network connection). I called Samsung today- and they said software still wasn't ready- to give them at least another week to have something ready.

My firmware name would lead me to believe it is a February release- but there is no newer firmware avail on the net nor on Samsung's website. I'm guessing some people did get a firmware upgrade- then got Netflix to work- but for whatever reason Samsung currently has no firmware updates available.
post #387 of 4074 Old 05-03-2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clarke View Post

I just brought my 6500 home from Best Buy on Sunday (5/2)- and I too couldn't get Netflix streaming or Blockbuster streaming to work (hardwired set- netflix streaming fine on Samsung BDP-2500 on the same net). Like others- I got the "Please update software in order to enjoy..." - but in attempting to do so there is no newer software available (via network connection). I called Samsung today- and they said software still wasn't ready- to give them at least another week to have something ready.

My firmware name would lead me to believe it is a February release- but there is no newer firmware avail on the net nor on Samsung's website. I'm guessing some people did get a firmware upgrade- then got Netflix to work- but for whatever reason Samsung currently has no firmware updates available.

That's really weird. I bought my 6500 about 20 days ago. When I loaded up the samsung app thing it did a ton of downloading and updating and then worked fine. No problem streaming netflix. I haven't tried the blockbuster streaming yet though.
post #388 of 4074 Old 05-03-2010, 07:53 PM

i bought a 6400 from costco last week. The dimming on black scenes is annoying, but I found that setting HDMI black level to normal and shadow detail to +2 almost eliminate it completely.
post #389 of 4074 Old 05-04-2010, 02:45 AM

I bought the Samsung LCD UN630. I was wondering if it will make a big diffrence in pic quality for me to return it and buy a Samsung 6300. I know the 6300 has a higher contrast and is thinner.
post #390 of 4074 Old 05-04-2010, 04:43 PM

A little back story...

I have an external hard drive connected to the TV that I use to store and watch MKV and AVI files (which works fantastic by the way). I've run a digital optical cable from the TV to my Denon 1910 and it processes the DTS/Dolby Digital tracks just great.

However... When playing back 1080p DTS movies, the sound cuts out for about 1 second every 15 mintues or so. The picture stays buttery smooth and the sound never goes out of sync, just silent for a split second. This has happened on mutliple movie files and does not seem to have the issue when I play the same movie on my computer or by routing it through the PS3 (via PS3 Media Server). I need to get this worked out as I am losing the ability to hardwire my PS3 to my computer in about 2 weeks.

I still need to do some more research tonight. Going to try dropping from DTS/Dolby Digital to ProLogic (not that this fixes the problem, I want DTS if it's available) and I'm going to replace the optical cable.

Any other suggestions or does anyone else have a similar set up?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55c6300 55 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv Ln55b650 , Samsung Un40c6500 40 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Led Hdtv Black , Sony Bravia 40 Inch Kdl40nx700 Led Hdtv , Samsung Pn63c7000 63 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn50c8000 50 In 3d Hdtv Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page