Official Samsung LED UNXXC6300, UNXXC6400 & UNXXC6500 Owner's Thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 4074 Old 04-10-2010, 10:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hearrean View Post

For those who may be interested, the 6300 does not have Samsung's Internet@TV feature, which consists of 4 parts:

InfoLink (news, weather, stocks), USB2.0 (thumbdrive media access for music, pictures and video), Medi@2.0 (which are your widgets, such as YouTube, RallyCast sports, Blockbuster and other interactive features) and DLNA which allows PC Streaming from your laptop or desktop.

So far, that, the different bezel design & a slightly lower contrast ratio are the only differences I've found between the 6300 & 6500. And on the 6400, just the Internet@TV feature is the only difference I've found between the 6300 & 6400.

Ken

Sorry about this again, but upon further reading on the Samsung US website (the Canadian site doesn't have any of the new sets on their website), it says that the 6300 has:

Media 2.0
- DLNA Yes
- USB 2.0 Movie Multi-Media Center,Movie Yes
Media Stream
- InfoLink Yes
- USB 2.0 Movie- Multi-Media Center.Movie,JPEG Yes

Again, I don't have this set so I can't speak from experience so you could be right and I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm trying to figure out why the website says it has all that stuff?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 4074 Old 04-10-2010, 10:33 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Try re-reading it!!
Ken

No thanks, you're already a broken record.
post #183 of 4074 Old 04-10-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyHD View Post

Again, I don't have this set so I can't speak from experience so you could be right and I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm trying to figure out why the website says it has all that stuff?

Thanks.

internet@TV is a new feature like the itunes appstore. the 6300 does not have this feature.
post #184 of 4074 Old 04-10-2010, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Since my posts seem to upset certain reader(s), I will no longer post anything negative about this unit out of respect for them & others. From now on, if anyone has any questions & would like honest answers that might sound negative, you may send me a PM & I'll gladly respond & help in private. Sorry it has to be this way, but that's the only way seemingly I can avoid upsetting some.

Ken

The optimist claims the glass is half full; the pessimist claims it is half empty. An engineer observes that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

post #185 of 4074 Old 04-10-2010, 11:49 AM

If u answer my questions I won't get mad at you.:-).
post #186 of 4074 Old 04-10-2010, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If u answer my questions I won't get mad at you.:-).

Thanks, but unfortunately if I answer anyone's question(s), & that answer contains any negative, it tends to upsets some others, so I won't publicly post anymore negative about the 6300.

Ken

The optimist claims the glass is half full; the pessimist claims it is half empty. An engineer observes that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

post #187 of 4074 Old 04-10-2010, 01:13 PM

Just people getting pissed off because they didnt notice the problem when they could still return the TV.

If they could return the TV (like I can) then the faults of the TV just re-enforce the idea that we paid to much for something that doesnt work as well as it should.

BRING ON THE S PANELS!
post #188 of 4074 Old 04-10-2010, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Some pics of my C panel for perspective buyers. The off-angle viewing isn't an issue for me as I am the only hombre in this household.

Here's my Sammy at a crispy, clean, dead nuts, 0 degrees:

And off-angle, not as crispy or clean, at about 30-35 degrees with some sunshiny glare.

Mahan jarred the putt, BTW.
post #189 of 4074 Old 04-10-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:

Since my posts seem to upset certain reader(s), I will no longer post anything negative about this unit out of respect for them & others. From now on, if anyone has any questions & would like honest answers that might sound negative, you may send me a PM & I'll gladly respond & help in private. Sorry it has to be this way, but that's the only way seemingly I can avoid upsetting some.

Ken

Upsetting? No. Annoying? Maybe. I think you're taking it a little too personal now, it's just a TV. First of all, SnoopyHD isn't even asking about viewing angles or flashlighting. He's asking if there are internet apps, which there aren't, even though you answered that already, unless you have something negative to say about that? Sorry if I hurt your feelings dude.
post #190 of 4074 Old 04-10-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabrick7 View Post

Some pics of my C panel for perspective buyers. The off-angle viewing isn't an issue for me as I am the only hombre in this household.

Here's my Sammy at a crispy, clean, dead nuts, 0 degrees:

And off-angle, not as crispy or clean, at about 30-35 degrees with some sunshiny glare.

Mahan jarred the putt, BTW.

Colors are only getting a bit natural at off-angle On my B650 with C panel there is not such a difference
post #191 of 4074 Old 04-10-2010, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So I got the reverse off-angle set?

Nooooooooooooooooo.

Can I blame Tiger?
post #192 of 4074 Old 04-10-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo510 View Post

SnoopyHD's asking if there are internet apps, which there aren't, even though you answered that already.

Ya, I know he answered that already, but like I said, Samsung says one thing and hearrean says a different thing.

I'm not saying he's wrong (and I know you didn't say that as well), I'm trying to get the correct information so I can make an educated choice on buying a new set. .
post #193 of 4074 Old 04-10-2010, 02:58 PM

I wouldnt trust the samsung site for what it says as it still claims that the PN50B530 has a PC port, and it does not. The 550 does, and they basically just copy and pasted the info from the 550.

And the people they have on, online chat support dont know shiz.
post #194 of 4074 Old 04-10-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:

Ya, I know he answered that already, but like I said, Samsung says one thing and hearrean says a different thing.

I'm not saying he's wrong (and I know you didn't say that as well), I'm trying to get the correct information so I can make an educated choice on buying a new set. .

The manual will get more in depth of what the set is capable of instead of the product page...

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/t...il&tab=support
post #195 of 4074 Old 04-10-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo510 View Post

The manual will get more in depth of what the set is capable of instead of the product page...

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/t...il&tab=support

I just looked at the manual and the 6300 DOES NOT have ANY internet@tv information, but the 6500 manual does. The only thin is that the manual doesn't mention anything about using the set as a monitor to surf the web and stuff. I'd like to be able to do that so I can watch online stuff.

It looks like I may have to look at the 6500, the only problem is that I can't find that tv here in Canada.

The search continues.
post #196 of 4074 Old 04-10-2010, 06:13 PM

I hope the price drops on the C6400 46 inch. Costco has it for $1699.00, Samsung website lists as $1699.00......... I thought Costco offered it's members a discount? I guess they can't yet since it's practically brand new. I have 74 days to return my Samsung plasma. I saw the C6400 today at Costco and it looked very nice, but of course without any real video fed to it, the "flashlighting" issue would be impossible to see. Which movie or material would be a good indicator to see this effect? I will bring my macbook along with a dvd to see what it looks like.
post #197 of 4074 Old 04-11-2010, 09:46 AM

I have an older Sony DVD player that was previously connected to my Sony Bravia using an S-Video cable. The Samsung owner's manual shows connecting the DVD player using a component cable. When I connect the cables the only picture I get is in black and white and not very clear. Is there another way to connect the DVD player or it is just too old to connect to the 6400?

PS - thank you to the person who posted instructions on how to remove the "soap opera" effect from the TV. I was ready to return it since everything looked like a home video.
post #198 of 4074 Old 04-11-2010, 03:15 PM

I owe a quick review of my new purchase to this forum, so here it is.

My first HDTV - 46C6300 got it Friday from Amazon....Originally set to buy an LN52B750 but after a few months of following some threads, I decided to buy the 6300....besides Ken's warnings ... JK ... great posts Ken and others, I think most people appreciate your reviews and comments. Before I go further, I must declare that although I'm techie enogh to be in IT, I'm not a HDTV-techie

As for the heated panel debates...I see SQ01 on the back of the TV so this would be an S panel. Our 7-yr old CRT Toshiba sat in a corner because of the room layout and we just put the Samsung in the same place...so the viewing angle ranges 0 to ~30. I also bought a Samsung BluRay player (BD-C6500) to complement this TV (taking a chance)...my thought was to buy a 6300 vs a 6500 and compensate for the lack of some features (built in Wireless, DLNA, Internet@TV, etc) via BD-C6500. I guess I'll soon find out if that was the right decision.

I've spent most of the weekend connecting the 6300, BD-C6500 and our Wii and getting to know the various settings... I am far from being to the point where I feel satisfied with the PQ ... I must say (even though I knew better) I was frustrated that this is not a simply a plug-n-play task. I got rid of the (home video/ soap opera effect by turning off AMP...I tried Ken's settings on the first page but the screen went too dark for me for some scenes. (I can't remember if I turned off AMP or tuned ON Game mode or may be both but ...it worked.) I haven't gotten a chance to see BlueRay yet but I did see some DVDs and watched a couple of movies from Netflix. The Netflix experience was OK ... nothing special even with an HD movie/streaming. DVDs didn't play at 1080p (I do have HDMI connection between the BluRay player and the TV...may be the DVDs can't play at 1080p ?? (need to research that, as well). I think I saw it playing at 1080i. Please tell me it will play BluRay or or HD movies at 1080P ... I don't have/want TV service ... just occasional movies, Wii and some home and work videos/VoDs.

Other "inconveniences"
After spending a couple hours troubleshooting why Wii graphics appear so colorless and blurry, I also "discovered" that the Wii needs an HD component cable and not the original cable that comes with it.
When I hooked up my Toshiba laptop with the TV, the screen display was blurry/shadowy at different settings ... I'll now try my Macbook with an mini-display-port-to-HDMI converter and see where I get.

So, as you can imagine from the above, my initial thought is that you should rethink buying this or any HDTV if you are looking for a plug-n-play experience, not a patient person and don't have time or not willing to spend time to learn how to "tweak" HDTVs for best viewing experience.

I have a feeling I'll like this TV quite a bit once we get to know each other well.

Thanks again for all you comments!
post #199 of 4074 Old 04-11-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperman999 View Post

Any preliminary reviews on the UN46C6800? It's either the C6300 or the C6800. I'm planning get. Probably leaning more towards the C6800 because of the precision dimming.

Same here. After being disappointed with the new Sharp LED 810 series, i'll probably wait for the 6800 with precision dimming or get the 6300 once the price on the 55" comes down a little.

Samsung UN55D6400, Comcast HD DVR, Infinity TSS-1200 speakers, Pioneer VSX-1120k
post #200 of 4074 Old 04-11-2010, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecaveman View Post

I haven't gotten a chance to see BlueRay yet but I did see some DVDs and watched a couple of movies from Netflix. The Netflix experience was OK ... nothing special even with an HD movie/streaming. DVDs didn't play at 1080p (I do have HDMI connection between the BluRay player and the TV...may be the DVDs can't play at 1080p ?? (need to research that, as well). I think I saw it playing at 1080i. Please tell me it will play BluRay or or HD movies at 1080P ... I don't have/want TV service ... just occasional movies, Wii and some home and work videos/VoDs.

Thanks again for all you comments!

First of all, I can tell you that Netflix movies will not stream at 1080p yet & it's claimed that won't happen this year.
As to SD DVD's, they should upconvert to true 1080p with no problem. (Don't expect to see that displayed on the OSD of the TV because that will still show 60 Hz which is simply the refresh rate). You'll have to look for the resolution output on your player's display. I'm not familiar with you BD player, but I'm sure there's a menu setting to ensure 1080p or perhaps 24fps. You might have to force it, I'm not sure since it may or may not be automatic. Hope this helps..

Ken

post #201 of 4074 Old 04-11-2010, 08:34 PM

Thanks Ken....yeah, BD-C6500 has a feature called BDWise which is supposed to adjust all such settings automatically, you can override that with a manual setting of 1080p (and other settings) as well as 24fps.
About 60Hz, isn't it supposed to be a 120Hz TV or does it fall back to 60HZ when AMP is turned off?
Anyone has a comment on the computer VGA display on this screen being a little blurry?

One thing I forgot to mention earlier that I haven't yet seen/noticed any clouding or flash-lighting on this TV yet....but it probably will come while watching BluRay or pure 1080p feed in a dark room.
post #202 of 4074 Old 04-12-2010, 04:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecaveman View Post

Thanks Ken....yeah, BD-C6500 has a feature called BDWise which is supposed to adjust all such settings automatically, you can override that with a manual setting of 1080p (and other settings) as well as 24fps.
About 60Hz, isn't it supposed to be a 120Hz TV or does it fall back to 60HZ when AMP is turned off?
Anyone has a comment on the computer VGA display on this screen being a little blurry?

One thing I forgot to mention earlier that I haven't yet seen/noticed any clouding or flash-lighting on this TV yet....but it probably will come while watching BluRay or pure 1080p feed in a dark room.

I know this seems confusing and, quite honestly, it is! But here are the basics as I understand them...The 60 Hz refresh rate refers to how many times each second the screen is re-drawn. It has nothing to do with the source, such as a BD player. (That's why I said earlier not to pay attention to your TV's OSD). The reason you're not seeing 120 Hz in the upper left of the screen's info bar is because it's not showing the refresh rate of the mt'l after it's been processed. FYI: Actually all movies now are filmed at 24fps, so screen refresh rate is already twice as fast as the source anyway. If you have 120 Hz activated in your TV's menu, you can be confident you are getting 120 Hz from the source. There is a lot of debate right now about just how effective 120 or 240 Hz really is as to accomplishing what it's meant to accomplish. A true videophile will tell you never to activate the AMP feature for film-based mt'l if you want to see what the producer actually intended you to see. I'm sure that's true, but I'm one of the "wierd" ones who happens to like the AMP feature on when watching many (if not most) film-based sources. Although I believe the AMP was really intended for sports viewing, which I don't do.

FYI: There is some excellent source mt'l on-line that describe 3:2 pulldown and why 120 Hz eliminates that, which is a great benefit. This may help a little more & explain the process much better than I ever can.

Ken

post #203 of 4074 Old 04-12-2010, 05:54 AM

Quote:

The reason you're not seeing 120 Hz in the upper left of the screen's info bar is because it's not showing the refresh rate of the mt'l after it's been processed.

Ken

Ken:

Thanks for the info, but I have question: What is mt'l?

Thanks again.
post #204 of 4074 Old 04-12-2010, 07:49 AM

I need to pick up a 40" for the bedroom. Only for watching HDTV Verizon FIOS TV; not any Gaming or Blu-Ray. I have 2 questions.

1) How is the sound reproduction on the LED 40" C6300? Would the LCD LN40C630 possibly have better sound reproduction since it has more depth? I'm only assuming it may have bigger speaker woofers.

2) As far as picture quality is concerned on mainly contrast and viewing angle which might be a better choice? LED C6300 or LCD LN40C630 ?
post #205 of 4074 Old 04-12-2010, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ken:

Thanks for the info, but I have question: What is mt'l?

Thanks again.

Sorry...it's my abbreviation for material. In other words, the program material you're seeing displayed.

Ken

post #206 of 4074 Old 04-12-2010, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamers View Post

I need to pick up a 40" for the bedroom. Only for watching HDTV Verizon FIOS TV; not any Gaming or Blu-Ray. I have 2 questions.

1) How is the sound reproduction on the LED 40" C6300? Would the LCD LN40C630 possibly have better sound reproduction since it has more depth? I'm only assuming it may have bigger speaker woofers.

2) As far as picture quality is concerned on mainly contrast and viewing angle which might be a better choice? LED C6300 or LCD LN40C630 ?

Someone else will need to chime in on question # 1 since I'm using an A/V processor & not the TV's speakers.
Because of issues stated previously, I'll refrain from answering question # 2 & defer that to someone else.

Ken

post #207 of 4074 Old 04-12-2010, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamers View Post

Steve:

See my PM for my response to # 2.

Ken

post #208 of 4074 Old 04-12-2010, 01:11 PM

Will the UN32C6500 be the only 32" 2010 Series 6 model?
post #209 of 4074 Old 04-12-2010, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakjim View Post

Will the UN32C6500 be the only 32" 2010 Series 6 model?

For the 2010's, yes..

Ken

post #210 of 4074 Old 04-12-2010, 02:05 PM
vsy

I got big problems with clouding, though i'm on the wrong topic I guess, because I own a C6000. (sorry newbie )
There's no version sticker on the back, getting a new one tomorrow!

check pics here -> http:// koopjeshoek.nessu.be/#3.0

Grts
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55c6300 55 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv Ln55b650 , Samsung Un40c6500 40 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Led Hdtv Black , Sony Bravia 40 Inch Kdl40nx700 Led Hdtv , Samsung Pn63c7000 63 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn50c8000 50 In 3d Hdtv Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page