Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 246 Old 12-13-2010, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedroshin View Post

Wait a second... the TV has analog out??

Yeah its got analog out. At first I thought it didn't have it either, but its a 3.5 mini stereo jack. (not to be confused with the 3.5 mini INPUT as well) I had a adapter to RCA laying arounds and it works fine.
Like this: http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-Ster...2303239&sr=1-7

Just has the slight echo with both internal and external going at the same time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 246 Old 12-15-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhitta024 View Post
Sorry if this has been asked already. I was unable to find anything on the site with what I searched for.

I was curious what the IMPORTANT differences are between these two models. The guy at a local electronics store (ABC Warehouse) said that the 550 model has a better board and will produce a better picture than the 530. There is quite a price difference, but I'm not sure if there are any discernible differences when using things like DirecTV, Blu-Ray.

The only thing I've seen on here is that the board you get is a mystery, no matter which one of these TV's you buy.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
I have the 52" 530 model and i have compared it to the 55" 550 model and i must say there is no difference that i could see...they both look exactly the same.
post #183 of 246 Old 12-22-2010, 05:33 PM

Hi I have a Samsung LCD TV model LN40C530. Yesterday, download the samsung website the latest firmware released for this model (T-MSX5IBRC-1004.4), unzipped it and upload the resulting folder on a flash drive. Run the upgrade option, recognized him and started the update, however to be 70% appeared an error message and stopped the process.

Result, the TV works the same as before except for two things. To be on a couple of minutes the TV Shut off and the software update option is disabled so I can not to repeat the upload process correctly.

It is possible to repair the problem? What should I do?

Greetings
post #184 of 246 Old 12-26-2010, 11:49 PM

I have the le37c530 with a AUO panel, and i must say is 1 of the best panels samsung is using richt now in the benelux, but be aware there also other panels in use on the 37" models right now i have already seen 2 versions AUO and Samsung panels, but the AUO have beter quality than the samsung 1.
post #185 of 246 Old 12-28-2010, 08:31 AM

Hello friends,

Firstly, sorry for my english (it's not my native language but i hope you'll understand what's my point)

I'm looking for a new TV for gaming, 32 inches with low input lag and no ghosting. I read a lot of posts, reviews and still nothing.

Samsung LE32C530 is my favourite, low input lag, 3 HDMI ports, pretty good colours but... ghosting and panel lottery. Too bad i don't live in UK (there's no panel lottery, right?)

So, can you guys tell me where you see ghosting? in dark scenes or all the time when you playing and watching movie? I got Xbox 360 and I mostly play online, you know FPS - MW2, BC2 and some sports games like FIFA and NHL.

Currently I'm playing on CRT TV (480p or higher) because I sold my LG 26 TN panel a month ago. Viewing angles was terrible but there has no ghosting.

I worried about ghosting and panel lottery, that's it, so please response.

BTW I found this

youtube.com/watch?v=QGbB05i-6lc
youtube.com/watch?v=2lBD2wRgiAo
post #186 of 246 Old 12-28-2010, 11:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Is a 60ms input lag result from DJ hero 2's calibration about in line with what the LN46c530 should get?
post #187 of 246 Old 12-31-2010, 11:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
How do I tell what model my new samsung lcd is?

It says version: AA03.

EDIT: CRAP THERES A "C" I NTHE MIDDLE OF THE STICKER!!!! AHHHH
post #188 of 246 Old 01-02-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princeismyname View Post

How do I tell what model my new samsung lcd is?

It says version: AA03.

EDIT: CRAP THERES A "C" I NTHE MIDDLE OF THE STICKER!!!! AHHHH

Check the sticker on the right side of the TV. It'll Have Model Number (Top), then Serial Number (Middle), and then Version Number (Bottom).

"C" in the middle of the model number is fine. If your version is AA03, then you're OK. As long as the there's no "C" in the version line on the sticker.
post #189 of 246 Old 01-10-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post

I got an LN40C530 with an SQ06 panel about a month ago. The factory settings on this set are quite poor, but my panel has decent viewing angles and blacks.

Here are my settings, after two weeks of tinkering with several blu-rays and calibration disks, as well as Xbox 360 games (to check shadow detail and input lag). I also compared my results visually with Best Buy's calibration demo. They seem to be fairly close.

Mode: Movie
Backlight: 7
Contrast: 85
Brightness: 61
Sharpness: 0
Color: 52
Tint: 47/53

Eco Solution: Off

Advanced Settings
Black Tone: Off
Dynamics Contrast: Off
Shadow Detail: 0
Gamma: 0
RGB Mode: Off
Color Space: Auto
Flesh Tine: 0
Edge Enhancement: Off

White Balance
R-Off: 28
G-Off: 24
B-Off: 14
R-Gain: 28
G-Gain: 25
B-Gain: 15

Picture options
Color tone: Normal
Size: 16:9
Filters: Off
HDMI black level: Low

The main flaw I can find with these settings are that my black level isn't as deep as it could be. Shadow detail and color seem excellent, however.

Let me know what you guys think.

Just picked up the same model and with SQ06 panel. Your settings look really good for HD, but my cable doesn't look that great. Probably just the fact cable is terrible compared to HD.

Thanks for the time to post your settings
post #190 of 246 Old 01-13-2011, 01:49 AM

Hi guys, i just got the C530 32" yesterday. Got an SQ01 panel. Will be using it as my pc monitor.

May i know what is the best settings i should set for usage as a pc monitor? PC Usage: web surfing, hd videos and gaming

Thanks in advance!
post #191 of 246 Old 01-15-2011, 04:18 PM

Hi all,

My Sharp aquos (lc46d62u) finally bit the dust and after a ridiculous battle with bby it was replaced with a samsung ln46c530f1f.

A few questions:

1. I loved my sharp, am I really getting a better tv here? The specs are almost identical but i absolutely loved the panel in my sharp, which retailed for 2399 - is this tv really comparable? I bought the sharp about 2.5 hrs ago, so I'm just curious.
2. What are the optimal settings for this tv (panel aa01)? I tried the settings listed in the previous post but they don't seem to be totally accurate.
3. Does changing the picture mode wipe out the custom settings every time you change them? For example, if I switch from natural to movie and back, will any settings I entered be lost on movie mode?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide. This forum has been an invaluable resource to me over the years, I don't know what id have done without it!!!!!!

Best,
MG
post #192 of 246 Old 01-15-2011, 06:16 PM

Anyone having an issue with Horizontal lines moving up the screen?? I've been watching for a while and it's really noticeable. Sigh.
post #193 of 246 Old 01-30-2011, 08:57 PM

I cannot find a link to download the latest firmware for the Samsung LN46C530. I am having a problem where when I try to play a .mkv file it will run for about 10 seconds or so and then just stop and return to the video file menu. Very frustrating and help would be appreciated. Thanks
post #194 of 246 Old 02-03-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icoX View Post

Hi guys, i just got the C530 32" yesterday. Got an SQ01 panel. Will be using it as my pc monitor.

May i know what is the best settings i should set for usage as a pc monitor? PC Usage: web surfing, hd videos and gaming

Thanks in advance!

I would also like to know. My 32" 530 just came in.
post #195 of 246 Old 02-08-2011, 10:04 AM

Has anyone had tuner issue with OTA in this c530 line? I'm having OTA signal dropout issues on channels that other tvs are fine with. I have an older samsung ln37a450 that is fine. I've updated to the latest firmware, which improved things, but still getting dropout. The older samsung was on the same drop and never had issues. I get the feeling this set will have to be returned.
post #196 of 246 Old 02-14-2011, 10:30 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by icoX View Post

Thanks in advance!

How is the viewing angle on this panel? Are the colors washes out if viewed from the sides? Thanks in advance.
post #197 of 246 Old 02-19-2011, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirkelad View Post

Has anyone had tuner issue with OTA in this c530 line? I'm having OTA signal dropout issues on channels that other tvs are fine with. I have an older samsung ln37a450 that is fine. I've updated to the latest firmware, which improved things, but still getting dropout. The older samsung was on the same drop and never had issues. I get the feeling this set will have to be returned.

Have also noticed that my LN40C530 does not work quite as well, with OTA reception, as my former LG set.

Only get some dropouts on windy days, so I believe it has to do with its ability to handle dynamic multi-path well vs. sensitivity (e.g. signal strength).

Will have look into updating the firmware.
post #198 of 246 Old 02-19-2011, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickaim9 View Post

How is the viewing angle on this panel? Are the colors washes out if viewed from the sides? Thanks in advance.

Have a AA08 panel and am quite impressed with its overall performance.

Notably, the viewing angle is quite wide.
post #199 of 246 Old 02-19-2011, 06:59 AM

Quick question for my friend who's interested in buying the 530 from target. What's the best way to find out what panel it is before purchase? Is it somewhere on the box? Is it likely that all the tv's in one store would be the same panel?
Thanks,
Matt
post #200 of 246 Old 02-19-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammettjr View Post

Quick question for my friend who's interested in buying the 530 from target. What's the best way to find out what panel it is before purchase? Is it somewhere on the box? Is it likely that all the tv's in one store would be the same panel? Thanks, Matt

The box will have a label on it that has the model #, serial #, panel type.

The panel type is shown as a 4 digit alpha-numeric string. Examples.....

Version "A" panels: AA01, AA02, AA03, AA04 etc.

Version "S" panels: SQ01, SQ02, SQ03, SQ04 etc.

Version "C" panels: CN01, CN02 etc.
post #201 of 246 Old 03-15-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serndipity View Post

The box will have a label on it that has the model #, serial #, panel type.

The panel type is shown as a 4 digit alpha-numeric string. Examples.....

Version "A" panels: AA01, AA02, AA03, AA04 etc.

Version "S" panels: SQ01, SQ02, SQ03, SQ04 etc.

Version "C" panels: CN01, CN02 etc.

The S and A panels are okay I take it? Just stay away from C?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein
post #202 of 246 Old 03-15-2011, 07:32 PM

Decided to finally bite and picked up the LN46C540 today. Not much info out there about it but it appears to be branded for the big box stores and specs seem to put it somewhere between the C530 and C550 which makes sense considering the model number.

Model numver on the box is LN46C540F2FXZC (not sure what the XZC is since most Samsung models don't seem to have those last three characters) and the panel version is AA03 but based on some posts earlier in this thread (#124, 126 & 128) I take it that isn't always a bad thing with this model? Won't have a chance to set it up till tomorrow or the next day. Have to move a bunch of stuff around.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein
post #203 of 246 Old 03-15-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielo TM View Post

Actually, AUO's A-MVA3 is the best general purpose displays as does everything to a high level of standard.

S-PVA does provide deep blacks (0.03), but has higher input lag, higher pixel lag and inverse ghosting

So I take it AA03 is a AUO A-MVA3 panel then? Any well to tell for sure? If so I like the sound of that, I'd rather have overall better performance (especially less input lag) at the cost of sacrificing some deeper blacks.

Edit: oh uh, looks like it might not be a MVA3 panel but the older inferior... MVA, damn why do they make this stuff so confusing! They should all be the same based on the model number.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=855

So how do I tell if my TV has the older A-MVA panel or the newer A-MVA3 one? Someone in the thread above said all panels made after about the second half of 2010 should be A-MVA3 but then someone else says that AA03 is MVA only. So confusing!

Edit 2: The debate and confusion continues, according to this guy who seems to be pretty adament, anything after April of 2010 (based on his post date) above 40" should be the new MVA3 panel, at this point though who knows, all your panels are belong to us

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post18534950
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...3#post18554943

Edit 3: if there is an easier way to tell I'd be ever so grateful, as a long time and diligent tech forum poster and helper, I cry uncle, I've spent at least a dozen hours the last couple days looking into this and am not that much closer to an answer, the dangers of AV (and IT) research on the internet when you care!

Edit 4: I've taken my search to the panel thread since it seemed a more fitting spot for these questions. Long story short, I think it is the new panel. Not verified though.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...3#post20158923

- Albert Einstein
post #204 of 246 Old 03-16-2011, 06:02 PM

I decided I just couldn't put up with the SDE of my 720p plasma anymore and just picked up one of these LN40C530's with a CN01 panel, so far I love it, no flash lighting, backlight bleed, or clouding that I can see. However before I purchased it I had no idea about the samsung panel lotto.

I'm quite impressed with the black levels of this set too far deeper than my LG 50PJ350.

Did anyone have crinkled manuals or a bent edge of the metal back panel when they pulled it out of the box?

The edge of the metal back panel by the stand had the corner bent on it, but other then that I see no problems with it.

All the packing materials seemed to be there the bag that the screws for the stand had a small hole in it and the batteries for the remote was in the bottom of the box.

I got mine from Walmart (are we allowed to say that?) Anyone think it was a return?
post #205 of 246 Old 03-17-2011, 12:59 PM

Liked: 19
Right so I had a A550 and it needed to be replaced due to burn in. They replaced it with this at the store.
It seems to be rather poor in comparison. Is this supposed to be better? Am I just not seeing things correctly? Not calibrated as well? I already checked,it is an S pannel which is what I had with the 550. There's not a ton of difference I've seen with Blu-ray (only watched a couple of scenes) but an Xbox 360 hooked up through VGA and regular cable (well HD) are pretty bad it seems.

Don't ever buy anything from Sony...just don't.
post #206 of 246 Old 03-17-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegaz View Post

Right so I had a A550 and it needed to be replaced due to burn in. They replaced it with this at the store.
It seems to be rather poor in comparison. Is this supposed to be better? Am I just not seeing things correctly? Not calibrated as well? I already checked,it is an S pannel which is what I had with the 550. There's not a ton of difference I've seen with Blu-ray (only watched a couple of scenes) but an Xbox 360 hooked up through VGA and regular cable (well HD) are pretty bad it seems.

I don't use VGA, just a HDPVR and PS3 via HDMI and Wii via component but out of the box mine was way too bright with way too much color at first I found. A couple adjustments to tone it down to reasonable levels and things just pop. I'm pretty happy and I haven't' even had any time yet to calibrate mine. Have to take back the one I got since it has a very noticeable dead pixel in the middle of the screen. Only in very dark scenes, but still, might as well get one without it and all the panels at my local store are AA03 anyway.

- Albert Einstein
post #207 of 246 Old 03-17-2011, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I just went to several stores today incl. Best Buy and spent a couple hours looking at many TVs, the angles, etc. and I was very impressed by the Samsung LN46C610N1FXZC I saw. Here is the link to the Canadian BB TV link site (I'm a canuck), do you guys think this is a good deal?
post #208 of 246 Old 03-17-2011, 05:47 PM

I've got an older 360 so HDMI isn't an option and my PS3 has been broken since like 2008.

360 seems to be suffering from black crush.

On cable people look too orangish,even on 'cool' and no I'm not watching Jersery Shore.

post #209 of 246 Old 03-18-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldaslove View Post

I just went to several stores today incl. Best Buy and spent a couple hours looking at many TVs, the angles, etc. and I was very impressed by the Samsung LN46C610N1FXZC I saw. Here is the link to the Canadian BB TV link site (I'm a canuck), do you guys think this is a good deal?

I almost pulled the trigger on that one but based on the C630/C650 thread decided against it. A lot of people didn't seem that happy with the series and I heard input lag was pretty bad. That and I don't care for the 120Hz look at all either so I'd just end up turning it off. Walmart has the LN46C540 for $698 right now so that's the one I ended up buying.

All that being said, no that is not a good deal. Leons, Visions and Memory Express all had the LN46C610 on sale for $799.

- Albert Einstein
post #210 of 246 Old 03-19-2011, 06:33 PM

I saw the 540 in Wal-mart and it looked a lot better than the 530. Got this one at Futureshop though. Think I got the 360 and Blu-ray to where they need to be but cable is still pretty poor.

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page