Samsung Replacing LNTxx71F With What Now? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 28 Old 03-27-2010, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone have their samsung lnt5271f replaced recently by samsung? I had 4 service calls done on it with no resolution and was wondering what model they would replace it with if i go that route? attatched is the problem with my tv.
LL
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 03-27-2010, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
What is comparably priced?
post #3 of 28 Old 03-27-2010, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

well at the time I bought it, it was $3000. I doubt they would honor that price, if so I should be getting an LED which would be fantastic
post #4 of 28 Old 03-28-2010, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Will be interesting to see the value placed. Agree, you would have good options at full retail.
post #5 of 28 Old 03-28-2010, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Odds are you'll simply get a model with comparable features. And since there is really nothing special about about the 71 series other than 120Hz, that's likely what you'll get. A Samsung 52" model with 120Hz, which you can get now days for like, $1500-$1800 bucks most places. They're not going to give you retail or even close to what you may have paid even on sale, that I can assure you.

Quote:
Of course, I got it modified with the TK-427, which cheeks it up another, maybe, 3 or 4 quads per channel.
post #6 of 28 Old 03-28-2010, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEastSide View Post

Odds are you'll simply get a model with comparable features. And since there is really nothing special about about the 71 series other than 120Hz, that's likely what you'll get.

Yea that's what I figured. Do they even make 52" 120hz tv's anymore though? Everything i see is 55" like the C650 on their website, unless they give me the LN52B750 which is 240HZ.

Their ECR isnt open during the weekend so my call will be made tomorrow. I wonder if i should tell them a 55" wouldnt fit if they offer something like the C630 or C650 to try and get the B750, or if I should take the bigger 55inch.
post #7 of 28 Old 03-28-2010, 06:44 PM

It's still in warranty!?
post #8 of 28 Old 03-28-2010, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

No it was out of warranty but I was so PO'd when I spoke to ECR they extended it
post #9 of 28 Old 03-28-2010, 06:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmyster View Post

No it was out of warranty but I was so PO'd when I spoke to ECR they extended it

Forget ECR they are powerless, only ENR can authorize your unit be exchanged for a different model, well ECR requests it ENR approves it.

But go above both of their heads, go straight to Case Management.

Say you have been let down and are frustrated, be polite but firm, say you will not be given the run around any more. You have been through repairs twice and no fix.

Ask that a comprable model offer be made.

But be smart. Give them a model code list of 3 of your favorite Comprable models.

Make sure that any of the 3 are perfectly suitable to you even if they are a slight upgrade.

Heres the direct number to case management

1 (888) 685-1358

when asked for ticket or case number just give them any of your 2 past repair ticket numbers. Or both.

Remember the secret is to use their own system or procedures against them. Remember they are working from a set of rules and guidelines once you know those rules its easy to exploit loopholes to benefit you.

Once you give them a list f your 3 comprables, make sure you say they are the same resolution ,and the same size or if its smaller and has better features you can accept a smaller size for LED and 240hz but don't say that.

Just say you will accept a smaller size as a "compromise" so things can get done quickly.

Remember, ANY of the 3 models you select MAY NOT be in stock in their inventory. Heres a trick make sure all of the 3 units you give them are all 3 LED they will never know or care.

Since they don't make 52 inch models any more give them All 3 choices as 55 inch models

or to trick them up give them 2 55 inch LED models 1 of them a 3D LED 55 inch another a 55 inch LED 240hz (both of the 55 will be denied) And lastly a 46 Inch LED 240hz. Samsung will give you the 46 inch model immediately. Its pretty easy to mainpulate them.

Or give them all 55 inchers and roll the dice that way.

In case they deny All LED's for you totally have a 55 inch CCFL 240hz model ready and another CCFL ready just as back ups.

They WILL Pressure you to choose on the spot. More than Likely they will give you, which ever one is Available at the time so make sure you pick carefully and wisely, and once you pick theres No going back.!

You will get a call back saying the 55 "inch model has been authorized will you accept it? Make sure you are ready, and don't say call me back in 2 days let me think about it because what will happen is that IF a Refurbished lnt5271f shows up in the system, Any upgrade you would have gotten Vanishes, if theres a refurbished lnt5271f available its very hard to get "upgraded"

Good luck.
post #10 of 28 Old 03-28-2010, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks very much for the tips ice I will definitely give them a call tomorrow. Id love a 55inch over 52. I can't do 46 even if it has better features, Im too used to 52. heres my list of prefered:

1. UN55C7000
2. UN55B8500
3. UN55B8000
4. UN55B7100
5. UN55B6000
6. LN52B750

there are a few in there id highly doubt they'd ever consider (the c7000 and b8500) but may include just to throw them off.

edit: ice, I just dialed that number it said not available from my calling area, Im in Southern Cali. Hopefully ECR can get me to that dept when I call them.
post #11 of 28 Old 03-28-2010, 09:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 53
They'd probably be willing to let you step up to something higher if you pay the difference. I've heard of them doing that quite a bit.

Quote:
Of course, I got it modified with the TK-427, which cheeks it up another, maybe, 3 or 4 quads per channel.
post #12 of 28 Old 03-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks very much for the tips ice I will definitely give them a call tomorrow. Id love a 55inch over 52. I can't do 46 even if it has better features, Im too used to 52. heres my list of prefered:

1. UN55C7000
2. UN55B8500
3. UN55B8000
4. UN55B7100
5. UN55B6000
6. LN52B750

there are a few in there id highly doubt they'd ever consider (the c7000 and b8500) but may include just to throw them off.

edit: ice, I just dialed that number it said not available from my calling area, Im in Southern Cali. Hopefully ECR can get me to that dept when I call them.

Its very unlikely ECR will give you the number to Case Management, Also no one can speak to ENR they do not take calls.

And don't even bother with the c7000 etc they will give you an upgrade, but try and don't be too obvious and get all you options denied.

Or maybe include a c7000 and b8500 you will most likely get the lowest comprable choice.

just make sure you accept the model offered, because once you pick it, theres no callling back the next day to change it.
post #13 of 28 Old 03-28-2010, 11:29 PM
Advanced Member

The TV compareable for him is the ln55C650(2010),ln55B650(2009, still available) or ln55C630. They won't be giving you a 3D TV that is worth over $3000. IF they even replace it, it would be the models listed above unless they have a reburished ones but I would stand my ground on taking anything reburished/used. I'd make them give me a new model which is what you originally paid for. You can try putting in all LEDs but the chance of you getting them without paying a difference is slim. I'd go for the 2010 LCD models if I were you, trying for an LED when you didn't actually have one is pushing it.
post #14 of 28 Old 03-29-2010, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

yea i was thinking the c650 is probably what I'll be offered, which is fine since its 3 inches bigger, I'll be happy with that replacement. I'll post my results tomorrow morning (or should I say today)
post #15 of 28 Old 03-29-2010, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Just got off the phone with ECR. They said I only had 2 service calls, which I actually had 4, so they scheduled another one stating they need at least 3 on file to put a request of a replacement. Then I called the actual service center and explained to the manager that his employee whom came to fix my tv 4 times said its unrepairable and samsung is awaiting his notes to state its unrepairable. He said the technichian is on another service call and when he gets in he will look over my service calls and verify that its not repairable.
He said once thats done samsung should call me tomorrow to setup a replacement.

somehow I doubt I will be getting a call from samsung tomorrow so I will be calling samsung later today to make sure the service center wrote its unrepairable.
oy gevalt what a process...
post #16 of 28 Old 03-29-2010, 02:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Just got off the phone with ECR. They said I only had 2 service calls, which I actually had 4, so they scheduled another one stating they need at least 3 on file to put a request of a replacement. Then I called the actual service center and explained to the manager that his employee whom came to fix my tv 4 times said its unrepairable and samsung is awaiting his notes to state its unrepairable. He said the technichian is on another service call and when he gets in he will look over my service calls and verify that its not repairable.
He said once thats done samsung should call me tomorrow to setup a replacement.

somehow I doubt I will be getting a call from samsung tomorrow so I will be calling samsung later today to make sure the service center wrote its unrepairable.
oy gevalt what a process...

I have been down this road myself, It will never be "done"

you nee dto be proactive and get names date times and phone numbers write them all in a Word document to keep track

Then call ECR or Case mamangement they will call the tech directly Tell the tech or manager someone from corporate is waiting on his report to call them directly that will light a fire under them.

And of course follow my tips and tricks above to get a better upgraded Model.

3D here I come!!!! WEeeeeeeeeee
post #17 of 28 Old 03-29-2010, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Just got off the phone again, Service center said they have to come down 1 more time since it only shows it was 2 service tickets from their service center. Have to wait until wednesday now. If they think they can keep servicing the TV and I'll just let it go they think wrong. I am going to cost samsung so much money. After every service ticket I'm going to have them keep servicing it again and again until they give up and replace it.
post #18 of 28 Old 03-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Just got off the phone again, Service center said they have to come down 1 more time since it only shows it was 2 service tickets from their service center. Have to wait until wednesday now. If they think they can keep servicing the TV and I'll just let it go they think wrong. I am going to cost samsung so much money. After every service ticket I'm going to have them keep servicing it again and again until they give up and replace it.

I have been down this same road myself also. Samsung has so many Time extension delays deliberately in the process its not even funny.

After your 3rd service call, then the Tech has 72 hours to file his report, then the service center has 21 days to recieve your unit. Then the ECR rep has 14 days to notify the ENR rep. Then the ENR rep has 21 days to process a new model for you (unless your same model is already in stock) then the warehouse has 21 days ship your replacement unit.

And each of these is X amount of days from the time the begin processing your case. It may take them an Undermined amount of time to even Get to you.

In the end I can't complain it was a long road, I learned alot about Samsung A C and S panels, I got a significant upgrade.

If you run into serious road blocks I have some last ditch direct personal contact numbers with agents Higher and Case Management Higher than ENR, that can help you.

And before that a left message saying that if they don't get back to you the next day your next call is to the New Jersey State Attorney's Office that has worked for myself and for another forum member. Since Samsung is very affraid of the NJ state attorney who has already sued and own MIllions from Samsung for shady and poor customer service.

In Case Management or ECR always if you can get the name of the person ID and Extension number if they have one

And Especially with ECR always end the call requesting a Call back from a Supervisor, (They never call you back in 48 hours) which is what you want. Once a supervisor has failed to call you back and you have that documented, you can use that as ammunition against them.

I personally cited 3 cases on 3 separate requested call backs from Supervisors and failures which is what triggered my escalation to Case Management.

So you can use their own system and notes against them.

By saying "hey I requested a supervisor call back on 3-11-10 at 3pm its now 3-14-10 an no supervisor has called me back whats going on?"
post #19 of 28 Old 03-29-2010, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

So each time i put in a service request, at the end of a call i just ask for a supervisor callback asap? is that so that I can tell them how the service rep did and rate their service?
I told them I have anger management issues and have been jerked around enough. Samsung told me since I went out of warranty and a rep extended my warranty as an exception, the warranty's only good for repairs and not a replacement, and if the service center deems it unrepairable then i would have to pay an out of warranty fee for a replacement. It sounded like BS to me, I don't think they have 2 types of warranties, a warranty is warranty and it has always stated parts and labor as it does now.
post #20 of 28 Old 03-29-2010, 08:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

So each time i put in a service request, at the end of a call i just ask for a supervisor callback asap? is that so that I can tell them how the service rep did and rate their service?
I told them I have anger management issues and have been jerked around enough. Samsung told me since I went out of warranty and a rep extended my warranty as an exception, the warranty's only good for repairs and not a replacement, and if the service center deems it unrepairable then i would have to pay an out of warranty fee for a replacement. It sounded like BS to me, I don't think they have 2 types of warranties, a warranty is warranty and it has always stated parts and labor as it does now.

Its BS they extended the warranty period at no time did they disclose or mention that it does not cover replacements.

Once they get to the level of Case Management and ENR its irrleveant

Don't even have that conversation with them

Its in warranty, repair man comes out for 3rd time its not repair able.

They continue following the Warranty procedure which is replacement.

Don't keep bringing up how you were out of warranty but it was extended.

try and makes sure a different tech examines the TV ask for a senior tech how long have they been with Samsung?

What type of training does the tech have?

Question and confront the tech himself, and call him into dispute the tech maybe poorly trained.

Or he may even be a 3rd party contractor not a Samsung Technician.

If worst case they extended your warranty, but that extension only covers Repairs NOT replacements.

Question that, how are they making that assertion, You need to see the documentation the language that says that. Say its BS get the persons name say your name will be at the very top of my letter to Samsung Corporate.

#1. You are putting your employment in jeopardy by failing to provide the actual language and documentation you are citing.
#2. I think you are making it up its not legit unless you can show documentation of the New Extended Warranty terms.

But thats worst case scenario don't even go that route. I think its pure BS. Manager and rep does not want a 55 inch replacement in their hands.

And I can't blame that rep its not gonna look bad on their monthly review. That they processed a 55 inch replacement.

Remember they will especially ECR and Case bold face lie to you. Its their job and Case really hard negotiates, You get this model thats it. Its a model offer not a negotiation.

But don't even deal with ECR anymore, follow my steps of getting straight to Case management.

x amount of failures triggers an escalation to Case Management.

Say Listen CM person, my unit is in warranty a tech has visitted my home 3 times on X Y and Z dates 3 times he says its not repairable. Lets follow appropriate procedure, to do a model exchange or replacement. Or whatever the the corrects steps are. Please check to see in your inventory what model is comprable to my LNTXXX whatever your model is.

(once you ask that that triggers them to Text or IM ENR who immediately messages them back)

The magic trick is getting to Case M and asking them that question say it just like that.

(thats all you have to say to Case management)

And never bring up to CM that your warranty was extended if that happens immediately change the conversation immediately dispute it and say. "Well but on X date the tech visited my home do your records show that Visit?"

that triggers the person to look up stuff in their system and get off message.

Remember try and ask question, and predict their answers, that way you can steer the conversation to your favor.

And always ask open ended questions that can not be answered with a YES or a NO.

Unless you want a YES or NO answer to out you in a advantageous position in the conversation.

Sounds to me like they are deliberately stalling or buying time so that your extended warranty Expires.
post #21 of 28 Old 03-31-2010, 01:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:

Anyone have their samsung lnt5271f replaced recently by samsung? I had 4 service calls done on it with no resolution and was wondering what model they would

replace it with if i go that route? attatched is the problem with my tv.

at least you are getting a replacement, i've been doing service calls for TWO YEARS!!!!

their tech's are mostly incompetent and sometimes outright dishonest liars (although I get the impression that they are pressured a good deal from above)
i'm very close to taking legal action

for months and months and months, something like:

i'll post the story tomnorrow\\

they are such shifty #?$????@?@@@@????

i used to love samsung

i despise them now!!!!

worst customer 'service' and 'techs' i've ever encounted in my entire life!!!!!

the ultimate lying, bastard, incompetent, sneaky, dirty, filthy company = samsung!

TWO DAMN YEARS! of their shifty, incompetent crap!
post #22 of 28 Old 03-31-2010, 02:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cold View Post

Its BS they extended the warranty period at no

Say Listen CM person, my unit is in warranty a tech has visitted my home 3 times on X Y and Z dates 3 times he says its not repairable. Lets follow appropriate procedure, to do a model exchange or replacement. Or whatever the the corrects steps are. Please check to see in your inventory what model is comprable to my LNTXXX whatever your model is.

(once you ask that that triggers them to Text or IM ENR who immediately messages them back)

The magic trick is getting to Case M and asking them that question say it just like that.

(thats all you have to say to Case management)

Sounds to me like they are deliberately stalling or buying time so that your extended warranty Expires.

the problem is the techs all see the problem but then refuse to mark it as unrepairable but then say they can't repair it and then case says it is not marked as unrepairable and round and round it goes!

i've even had techs tell me the set needs to be 720p only from a computer (that does fix many issues such as flickering but i didn tbuy a damn 720p set) and they took scam pics where they tricked me to sit 2' away from it and then said is sit too close!!! WTH!!!!!!! and one tech kept saying my best chance is to sell it off to him for a few hundred bucks!!!!!!!
and they have so little knowledge they don't know what the hell
they lie about how a new set will just break non-stop so i should keep my most amazing set ever! they lie about danger of getting a repair of all teh electronics done since they will use bad parts that will fail so i should just stick with no repair!! if a witness walks by they say different things!

they gave me a secret firmware that fixed ONE issue (and why they dont release this since it would be good for EVERYONE i don't know)

they keep trying to delay and have warranty extension after extension run out

i noticed my state (NJ) recently fined them $200,000 or something for dirty warranty repair business, i am about to file with NJ AG if they next round does not fix it
the tech where i first started this (a different state) was not great but he wasnt a filthy liar like the NJ samsung main repair guys all are and maybe i wouldve made progress but i dont know

i used to love samsung

now that i've had to deal with them i hate them

they already lost so much more money from me than if they jsut did theupstanding thing to begin with

i've already personally stopped 4 people from buying a giant samsung hdtv set

i have so many filthy tales i could tell about the absurd things they have said and the shifty dirt they have tried
post #23 of 28 Old 03-31-2010, 02:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasrattler View Post

The TV compareable for him is the ln55C650(2010),ln55B650(2009, still available) or ln55C630. They won't be giving you a 3D TV that is worth over $3000. IF they even replace it, it would be the models listed above unless they have a reburished ones but I would stand my ground on taking anything reburished/used. I'd make them give me a new model which is what you originally paid for. You can try putting in all LEDs but the chance of you getting them without paying a difference is slim. I'd go for the 2010 LCD models if I were you, trying for an LED when you didn't actually have one is pushing it.

a 5271 should get a B750 since THAT is the comparable model (and at some point 750 was the officially designated replacement), the 650 is panel lottery and a cheaper set

(as for LED, many say that they are in many ways worse than the regualr CFT anyway)
post #24 of 28 Old 03-31-2010, 03:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum5000 View Post

a 5271 should get a B750 since THAT is the comparable model (and at some point 750 was the officially designated replacement), the 650 is panel lottery and a cheaper set

(as for LED, many say that they are in many ways worse than the regualr CFT anyway)

Have your case escalated to Case Management I posted how, I posted the direct number, say you have been getting the run around for a long time. 2 years seems suspicious (not that I don't believe you) it just sounds odd and they may refuse to help thinking its only a 1 year warranty or theres some other problem.

Bluff a threat to the NJ state attorney even if you are not in NJ they fear him. Because is close to expose their scams.

Samsung is notorious for delays and stalling. In hopes you die, give up or go away. It seems to be paying off for them.

follow the talking points I posted above in other posts. Don't give them any wiggle room and always write down names and dates and times and keep that in a WORD file.
post #25 of 28 Old 03-31-2010, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Have your case escalated to Case Management I posted how, I posted the direct number, say you have been getting the run around for a long time. 2 years seems suspicious (not that I don't believe you) it just sounds odd and they may refuse to help thinking its only a 1 year warranty or theres some other problem.

Bluff a threat to the NJ state attorney even if you are not in NJ they fear him. Because is close to expose their scams.

Samsung is notorious for delays and stalling. In hopes you die, give up or go away. It seems to be paying off for them.

follow the talking points I posted above in other posts. Don't give them any wiggle room and always write down names and dates and times and keep that in a WORD file.

Will do, thanks ice, you truly live up to your name as far as samsungs concerned! haha. anyways, The tech guy just left, I also showed him the TBE problem with the crosshairs on killzone 2, he said there is nothing else he can do. he said he will call the engineer to confirm he's done everything, then they will relay that info to samsung and I should hear back from Samsung in a few days to see what they can do. I said by what day should I follow up he said call them on Friday if you havn't heard from them.

and so we are back to the waiting game. however friday is the day I come packin. they have 3 service tickets on file, tech said its not fixable, i have his name and number, I have video AND pictures of the issue which I showed to the tech guy so he is aware I have evidence.If i can manage to get them to replace this cursed tv, Ill be completely happy with a C55650.
post #26 of 28 Old 03-31-2010, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

the two years comes from:

taking a month or so at first to really, really make sure problem was set and not source

some initial stalls and hassle
tech plugging part in backwards, smoke pours out of set, need entire new set of parts, etc.
one issue fixed for a day (flickering gone, but comes back next afternoon when I turn set on again) he says they dont yet know how to solve other issues
more calls more delays

all sorts of stuff happens, away a lot, deadline for a huge project, other issues come up can't deal with it for a few months

start it up again, get huge run around for a few weeks, give up for a weeks, realize that is waht they want, fight back

finally they agree to repair,
takes long time to reach local tech
then months for parts to arrive
then a month of phone tag trying to setup appointment

by this time i have to move

that takes a few weeks

and now it has been a non-stop battle for the last 9 months straight since in NJ where they have been not only sometimes weak in knowledge, but incredibly shifty, trying ever lie and scam in the book on me, don't have time to type it all out now. they did give me the unreleased firmware and that did actually finally fix one issue (which for months about half of their reps had insisted wasn't an issue and yet now it is fixed!) but the flickering and mini-blinds remain (as well as the screen tossing up random garbage, but this is at least rare, still makes me nervous; as well as the fact that the screen sometimes sort of suddenly hitches and jumps up like a 'scanline' for an instant almost like what would happen something weird was going on with the power supply in the set, sometimes it won't do it for a few weeks, other times every few minutes for a few days, or anything between, more often of lesser frequency but it appears to be getting worse over time from almost never to semi-regularly now; etc.)
post #27 of 28 Old 03-31-2010, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

thanks, i'll give that a shot
post #28 of 28 Old 04-07-2010, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

Well guys I'm here with an uplifting update.

So I had 2 more service calls done, the last one with a different service company. None of them told samsung it was unrepairable and just told me to turn automotion plus off so i didnt sign their paper when they left. I called samsung back and got a fantastically friendly ecr rep who saw 7 service calls on my tv and automatically offered a replacement with the 55c630 for 100 dollars since My original warranty expired and I was under a curtesy warranty extension for repairs. I said how about the 55c650 since it has the ultra clear panel that I prefer and she said ok. Then I asked how much would it be to upgrade to the c8000 led 3d, she checked for 5 minutes and couldn't answer me and said she will waive the 100 dollar upgrade fee and give the 55c650 brand new. I accepted. Later that day I got 2 emails from samsung stating a replacement request was put in for me, the second one said it was approved and allocated and said it will take 3 to 5 days for the shipping co to call and set a delivery appointment. I'm finally excited!

So I think if you have problems, keep getting service calls even if it's with different service companies (that may be even better) and once ecr sees so many services done they offer an exchange. From my expirience.

Fyi the direct ecr department number now is 1800-522-7341
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page