Visio SV422XVT Owners Thread - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 141 Old 01-06-2011, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The basic media player works OK. It did not recognize my .wmv video files. If you have a large jpeg, it can take a second or two to load it full screen if you are browsing from image to image. If your jpeg is of high quality and enough pixels, it looks pretty stunning on the large screen. Low res files get up-res'd and the quality suffers but that is understandable.

There are a number of new Widgets and some new channels in the channel widget (sorry, forget the name but it is where you find TED, etc.). It said it downloaded 29 updates and updated a bunch of widgets. A lot of the new widgets open slow the first time you open them, updating I guess, and require that you resubmit your sign on information (e.g. Flickr).

Netflix is much improved and you can now search from the TV. It crashed the first time I tried to open it but then after the TV rebooted itself it worked fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 141 Old 01-07-2011, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

Has anyone ever been given the service access code for these TVs that allows you into the service menu? It would be a nice reference item to include in this thread!
post #123 of 141 Old 01-08-2011, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

I found this in another thread and it does work for our sv422XVTs. Be careful and don't change things unless you know what your are doing. Look but don't touch!

-- Press the TV input button on the remote
-- quickly press 2489 and it will get you into service menu
post #124 of 141 Old 01-08-2011, 10:53 AM

There's CEC support in this update as well. So with CEC, a new "game mode" that I have to play with, Hulu+ widget, Blockbuster widget and USB ports enabled, Dare I say it, but:

BEST.
UPDATE.
EVER.

post #125 of 141 Old 01-08-2011, 02:14 PM

My 422XVT just updated today. Glad to see the USB port (at least the top one) is working. However when it browses my pix and audio, it just sits there and the little circular thingie keeps going and going and never brings anything up. Only once did it find my audio and .jpg files. Could be because I have other items on the drive that it can't read.

I'm not going to hope that it can play video files off the USB.
post #126 of 141 Old 01-09-2011, 01:01 AM

Ok I'll bite, what does "game mode" do? I turned it on for my PS3, and I'm not able to figure out what it's for.
post #127 of 141 Old 01-09-2011, 04:08 AM

Not sure if this help or didn't help.. but if you are on u verse, use may have to set the ip address to your TV to allow DMZ (disable the firewall).. Once i disable the firewall by setting the ip to dmzplus i received the update.

Could just be by chance or actually did do the trick to receive the latest firmware.
post #128 of 141 Old 01-11-2011, 09:57 PM

I haven't seen this listed anywhere else, but the new firmware seems to let me save picture setting across different inputs, something the various Vizio model tvs had difficulty doing before.

I now have different setting for my xbox 360 and ps3. rejoice!
post #129 of 141 Old 01-23-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry2506 View Post

My 422XVT just updated today. Glad to see the USB port (at least the top one) is working. However when it browses my pix and audio, it just sits there and the little circular thingie keeps going and going and never brings anything up. Only once did it find my audio and .jpg files. Could be because I have other items on the drive that it can't read.

I'm not going to hope that it can play video files off the USB.

Mine also updated a couple of weeks ago. I emailed vizio and asked what the update was for. Here's their response:

"Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent inquiry with VIZIO. I would be more than happy to help you with your concern. Here at VIZIO we do offer best in class technical support.

The update included roughly 20 new widgets, including Blockbuster and Hulu Plus, activated the USB ports and resolved other minor functionality issues."

I was waiting for this update on the USB but so far all it does is read photos. It does not recognize video or at least not .avi. Plus, the USB is not in the list of inputs. Its only recognize when you plug it in.
post #130 of 141 Old 01-23-2011, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

The TV can now read certain image and audio formats via the media widget. Based on what people have posted here in different threads, it won't read most video formats although there is one person in another thread who was able to get their TV to play one of their videos. He claimed it has to do with the actual file or codec/coding and not just the "container" file type. Therefore, for practical purposes I think the answer is still, no, it won't play videos at this point.
post #131 of 141 Old 01-24-2011, 10:23 AM

vizio just emailed back and said no video files are supported. I don't understand this installment approach. why don't they just support all media. seems like they are handing things out in bits and peices.

The USB ports only support photo and music files (jpeg, jpg, and mp3). They do not support video files.

Currently there is no additional information on these files being supported. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

How about if we all email tech support and ask for the video to be enabled?

Vizio Technical Support
post #132 of 141 Old 01-24-2011, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

Email has been sent!
post #133 of 141 Old 01-31-2011, 07:37 AM

Hey, do you guys/gals all still like your SV422XVt's? I've been thinking about getting one for my bedroom. I know it is an older set, but I'm looking to save a little money and I don't think I'll care about the full array option from the newest versions.
post #134 of 141 Old 02-01-2011, 10:44 PM

The only complaint I have is the user interface needs some work. You can't easily turn on or off closed captioning, or set a sleep timer, without going through the main menu. Oh and uh, I guess some people don't care for the orange glow of the Vizio logo when the set is turned off, but that can be remedied by some tape, or just by turning off the power to your surge protector when you're not using it during the day/night.

I bought it new last spring, and I'd happily buy it again.
post #135 of 141 Old 05-01-2011, 02:26 AM

Hi, I was handed down a vizio SV422XVT and I went home to hook it up and I don't see any of the widgets except for 4 of them from yahoo widgets. ebay, cbs, and some others. I really wanted to use it for netflix, but no show. Also, wifi doesn't work as well. I can connect it to the internet when I connect it with a wired connection, but not wirelessly.

If i'm breaking any rules by bumping any old threads, please delete this.
post #136 of 141 Old 05-01-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tret View Post

Hi, I was handed down a vizio SV422XVT and I went home to hook it up and I don't see any of the widgets except for 4 of them from yahoo widgets. ebay, cbs, and some others. I really wanted to use it for netflix, but no show. Also, wifi doesn't work as well. I can connect it to the internet when I connect it with a wired connection, but not wirelessly.

If i'm breaking any rules by bumping any old threads, please delete this.

If the TV has been sitting since before the netflix agreement took place, the new software will have to be updated. All you need to do it leave the TV hooked up to the internet for a while and it should download automatically.

Not sure why the wifi wouldn't work.
post #137 of 141 Old 05-01-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitenack View Post

If the TV has been sitting since before the netflix agreement took place, the new software will have to be updated. All you need to do it leave the TV hooked up to the internet for a while and it should download automatically.

Not sure why the wifi wouldn't work.

Can you define a while? I had it off for about a hour or so.
Is the only way I can update it?
post #138 of 141 Old 05-01-2011, 05:12 PM

Create a new profile on the yahoo widget. Each profile can add or remove widgets to start fresh make a new profile and you'll have Netflix back.
post #139 of 141 Old 05-01-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingly View Post

Create a new profile on the yahoo widget. Each profile can add or remove widgets to start fresh make a new profile and you'll have Netflix back.

I just created a new profile, switched to the new profile, but it didn't fix the problem
post #140 of 141 Old 05-03-2011, 11:36 PM

Not sure if this has been discussed or in the right place ( i'm sure it has, and everyone knows by now) but here goes......
I have 42" Vizio (SV422XVT) with the QWERTY keyboard remote. I was able to get it to "partially" work. You can navigate with it and control your DVD's and I'm sure your Blue Ray's as well ( I just used a DVD). You can only use the IR part of the remote (the top). The Bluetooth part will not work (keyboard), unless there is someone else out there that can make it work but I wasn't able to. The only buttons I got to work was the Left arrow (rewind), Right arrow (fast forward), Pause/Play (OK button) and the main Power button will shut both the TV and PS3 off at the same time. If you want to turn your PS3 on, you'll need to turn your TV on, press input, go to your PS3 HDMI-1 or 2 input and press ok and the PS3 will turn on. But we need to set up the remote first before we can turn things on and off.

Here is how I did it:

Turn both TV and PS3 on, set the input source to your PS3 HDMI-1 or 2 like your fixing to play it. Press the Via button to bring up your apps menu, go to HDTV settings, TV settings, the Input source needs to be your PS3 HDMI-1 or 2 ( I have mine on HDMI-2)...NOT "TV", scroll down to CEC Settings, Device Discovery, let it find your PS3 HDMI-1 or 2, and then exit after it finds it.

Hope I explained it well enough. If not, message me. Good luck, Big Cee.
post #141 of 141 Old 12-05-2012, 05:40 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Does ny1 have the base to their tv but aren't/don't plan to use it and would sell?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page