Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 800 Old 05-05-2010, 08:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantu1 View Post

actually, the important bit of what you quoted was the part where he said that if you have your bluray player set to output RGB 0-255, you should set the tv's HDMI black level setting to "normal"

Yeah, I changed the player back to AUTO which is using the correct YCbCr Color Space. This locks (grays out) the HDMI black level to normal.

@Buzzard67- Your settings are almost exactly the same as mine but I'm using a lower backlight (5)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 800 Old 05-05-2010, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Liked: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by frezaina View Post

can you show us your color space settings? thanks

btw you can turn on dynamic contrast on low and have a little better colors without losing any shadow detail.

I left color space and 10 point white balance as is but I'll be using them both to finish calibrating and help with the aforementioned color problems.

While calibrating I am keeping all processing functions like dynamic contrast off so that nothing changes.

Buzz

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

post #33 of 800 Old 05-05-2010, 06:32 PM

I heard that using dynamic contrast will activate the auto brightness adjustment inside the TV, anyone that uses dynamic contrast notice that by chance? By auto brightness adjustment, I mean the entire brightness of the picture will adjust on the fly depending on the overall darkness or lightness of the scene being displayed.
post #34 of 800 Old 05-06-2010, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member

New Numbers

Source: HDMI1

Mode: Movie
Backlight: 10
Contrast: 100
Brightness: 47
Sharpness: 7
Color: 63
Tint (G/R): G50/R50
Eco Solution: All off

Advanced Settings

Black Tone: Off
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Shadow Detail: 0
Gamma: +1
Expert Pattern: Off
RGB Only Mode: Off

Color Space: Custom
Red R31, G0, B0
Green R0, G45, B0
Blue R0, B0, B66
Yellow R50, G50, B0
Cyan R0, G48, G53
Magenta R39, G0, B58

White Balance:
Red offset 26
G 24
B 22
Red Gain 26
G 24
B 22

10 Pt white balance on
1) R1, G-2, B-1
2) R-1, G0, B0
3) R1, G0, B-1
4) R1, G0, B0
5) R1, G0, B-1
6) R0, G0, B1
7) R1, G0, B0
8) R0, G0, B0
9) R2, G0, B-5
10) R0, G0, B-2

Flesh Tone: 0
Edge Enhancement: Off

Picture Options:
Color Tone: Warm 2`
Size: 19:9
Digital Noise Filter: Off
MPEG Noise Filter: Off
Film Mode; Off
Auto Motion Plus 120hz: Standard
Auto Protection Time: 2 hours

A short explanation: The calibration was done using a Chroma 5 Colorimeter and ChromaPure software. I am an enthusiast, nothing more, and also new at calibrating with a meter. Calibration was done in a very dark room and the signal was from a Blu-Ray player via HDMI. The TV is going to be viewed mostly in daylight in a VERY bright room in Florida and only with coaxial cable (ComCast) plugged directly into the TV - no cable box. I copied the above HDMI numbers to the TV while in the TV Input mode with a local channel HD signal selected. The picture with the 40" SQ02 Matte panel is excellent and I could not be more satisfied.

The factory Movie mode setup was not very good. Examples (averages):

Pre Calibration Post Calibration
Gray Scale CIE94 10.9 1.3
CCT 8931 6600
Gamma 2.45 2.29

A couple of charts - my Magenta problem persists so I'll be asking for a little help to tame it.

Before
Attachment 174868

After
Attachment 174869

Despite the Magenta spike, the picture is awesome, day or night. I have yet to play with the back light and other enhancements but that will be coming of course.

One more thing: I transferred the numbers with an TV HD signal playing. I now notice that if I switch to a SD signal the new inputs are NOT there so (I guess) I would have to input the numbers while playing SD. However, being non-digital, they probably would be meaningless.

Buzz
LL
LL

Buzz

post #35 of 800 Old 05-06-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post

New Numbers

Source: HDMI1

Backlight: 10
Contrast: 100
Brightness: 47
Sharpness: 7
Color: 63
Tint (G/R): G50/R50
Eco Solution: All off

Advanced Settings

Expert Pattern: Off
RGB Only Mode: Off

Red R31, G0, B0
Green R0, G45, B0
Blue R0, B0, B66
Yellow R50, G50, B0
Cyan R0, G48, G53
Magenta R39, G0, B58

White Balance:
Red offset 26
G 24
B 22
Red Gain 26
G 24
B 22

10 Pt white balance on
1) R1, G-2, B-1
2) R-1, G0, B0
3) R1, G0, B-1
4) R1, G0, B0
5) R1, G0, B-1
6) R0, G0, B1
7) R1, G0, B0
8) R0, G0, B0
9) R2, G0, B-5
10) R0, G0, B-2

Picture Options:
Color Tone: Warm 2`
Size: 19:9
Film Mode; Off
Auto Motion Plus 120hz: Standard
Auto Protection Time: 2 hours

A short explanation: The calibration was done using a Chroma 5 Colorimeter and ChromaPure software. I am an enthusiast, nothing more, and also new at calibrating with a meter. Calibration was done in a very dark room and the signal was from a Blu-Ray player via HDMI. The TV is going to be viewed mostly in daylight in a VERY bright room in Florida and only with coaxial cable (ComCast) plugged directly into the TV - no cable box. I copied the above HDMI numbers to the TV while in the TV Input mode with a local channel HD signal selected. The picture with the 40" SQ02 Matte panel is excellent and I could not be more satisfied.

The factory Movie mode setup was not very good. Examples (averages):

Pre Calibration Post Calibration
Gray Scale CIE94 10.9 1.3
CCT 8931 6600
Gamma 2.45 2.29

A couple of charts - my Magenta problem persists so I'll be asking for a little help to tame it.

Before
Attachment 174868

After
Attachment 174869

Despite the Magenta spike, the picture is awesome, day or night. I have yet to play with the back light and other enhancements but that will be coming of course.

One more thing: I transferred the numbers with an TV HD signal playing. I now notice that if I switch to a SD signal the new inputs are NOT there so (I guess) I would have to input the numbers while playing SD. However, being non-digital, they probably would be meaningless.

Buzz

Awesome man, thats the first full settings list I've seen for this set. Can't wait to try out the color space and 10p white settings along with your updated picture settings. Thanks a ton.
post #36 of 800 Old 05-08-2010, 06:41 AM

I tried your numbers on my 55C630 and it was a no go. All kinds of washed out. I'm sure this has to do with the difference between our panels. Oh well.
post #37 of 800 Old 05-08-2010, 07:59 AM

It was somewhat washed out on mine as well. I have the LN40c630 AA01 panel. Awsome job on posting the calibrated settings. Much appreciated
post #38 of 800 Old 05-08-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeenatron View Post

I tried your numbers on my 55C630 and it was a no go. All kinds of washed out. I'm sure this has to do with the difference between our panels. Oh well.

Have you tried lowering the backlight down to 5 or so? That helped with the washed out look on my 46C630.
post #39 of 800 Old 05-08-2010, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:

Those numbers are only going to be a starting point for you. Your tv is going to require more adjustment than simply plugging in some one elses numbers. As mentioned above, drop the backlight to 5 or 6 and this will help with the washout. In addition, adjust the color and brightness to find the sweet spot. Also don't forget to drop the gamma to see if that helps with the washout issue.

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
post #40 of 800 Old 05-08-2010, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Did anyone get a black level reading with the backlight set to 2 or 3.

hdtvtest.co.uk got a 0.03 candelas or about 0.008-9 ft/L with the backlight at a 4 setting.

Seems this tv has improved blacks over last year's model.

"If you weren't such an ignorant troll, you'd be adorable" -rogo
post #41 of 800 Old 05-08-2010, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeronetFi View Post

It was somewhat washed out on mine as well. I have the LN40c630 AA01 panel. Awsome job on posting the calibrated settings. Much appreciated

I'm not surprised. Number one, my TV came with a very heavy blue push so if yours did not, well, you know....

Number two, this is exactly why there is a need for professional ISF calibrators who can get the most out of your display.

FWIW, the 40C630 is now in place in the brightly lit living room. I copied the numbers from the HDMI1 input to the TV input and even during bright daylight the HD channels look super. I can't say the same for SD channels, however, as there is a lot of black crush. Fortunately, for me, it's my wife who watches the SD channels and all this calibration business doesn't mean diddly to her.

Another FWIW - Last summer I had a Sammy ISF calibrated and was thoroughly pleased with the results. This year I acquired more TVs and decided to try it myself so I purchased a meter and software. I'm no ISFer for sure but my results on the three TVs I've calibrated are light years better than the way they came out of the box, and much better than using a DVD calibrating program. For less than the cost of a couple of ISF calibrations you can have your own equipment and it will serve you for years. No, you may never be able to replicate a great ISF calibration but you won't be too far off, and I'm willing to bet that after a little experience you wouldn't be able to see the difference. If you have a buddy or two who shares your interest why not pool your money and work together.

Final thought - my main hobbies are golfing, salt water fishing, and Japanese kitchen cutlery (along with extreme sharpening). Trust me, calibration equipment $$$ is a drop in the bucket.

Have fun guys. Sorry that my numbers didn't work for you.

Buzz

Buzz

post #42 of 800 Old 05-09-2010, 03:45 AM

buzzard I appreciate you posting your calibrated settings. I hope someoen with an aa01 panel does the same
post #43 of 800 Old 05-11-2010, 07:20 AM

I reworked my settings for my LN55C630 on the first page. Nothing as in depth as buzz's with the WB and color space adjustments but all the other stuff I nit-picked the hell out of and feel really good about them.
post #44 of 800 Old 05-11-2010, 08:49 AM

buzz did you ever solve the magenta problem?
post #45 of 800 Old 05-11-2010, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worther View Post

buzz did you ever solve the magenta problem?

No. I sent the meter back to ChromaPure for the new upgrade to Chroma 5 Pro. The display looks good enough that I wonder if taming the magenta would be visually discernible. Meanwhile, both my wife and I are extremely happy with the picture (HD) and the only change I make between night and day is a couple of points of backlighting.

I said it before but I think this is worth repeating: The SQ02 matte panel is excellent in our brightly lit living room. There is no direct sunlight (north exposure) but there are two large picture windows, a triple panel sliding door, and kitchen exposure which in itself has another picture window and a double panel sliding door. There is a lot of light and the SQ02 reflects minimally.

Buzz

Buzz

post #46 of 800 Old 05-11-2010, 09:29 AM

can we adjust the color settings and white balance under dlna mode? because i can't find any, that's a shame. thanks
post #47 of 800 Old 05-11-2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post

No. I sent the meter back to ChromaPure for the new upgrade to Chroma 5 Pro. The display looks good enough that I wonder if taming the magenta would be visually discernible. Meanwhile, both my wife and I are extremely happy with the picture (HD) and the only change I make between night and day is a couple of points of backlighting.

I said it before but I think this is worth repeating: The SQ02 matte panel is excellent in our brightly lit living room. There is no direct sunlight (north exposure) but there are two large picture windows, a triple panel sliding door, and kitchen exposure which in itself has another picture window and a double panel sliding door. There is a lot of light and the SQ02 reflects minimally.

Buzz

i have an sq01 panel which is basically the same as yours. When I got it, it had major blue push, and the reds were too strong. Your settings look good on my set, but i noticed when watching hellboy that his face is still just a little too red and I thought solving the magenta issue might fix that. Anyway let us know what new settings you get when your equipment arrives. And thanks for doing the work and posting it here.
post #48 of 800 Old 05-11-2010, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worther View Post

i have an sq01 panel which is basically the same as yours. When I got it, it had major blue push, and the reds were too strong. Your settings look good on my set, but i noticed when watching hellboy that his face is still just a little too red and I thought solving the magenta issue might fix that. Anyway let us know what new settings you get when your equipment arrives. And thanks for doing the work and posting it here.

Yeah, blue. The attachment is the 630's gray scale with the factory settings. Ideally, 10 - 100 IRE x would be 0.3127 and y 0.329. CIE94 as low as possible (like 2 or less). CCT 6500. Gamma 2.2. Being new to calibrating with anything more than a DVD disc I really couldn't tell you if my TV is exceptionally far off out of the box or not. In any case, it wasn't very close to standards. I always suspected that I wasn't very good at color or gray scale with a disc and blue filter. lol At least with software and a meter I can see where the display is + or - meter accuracy, not to mention the fact that it's a lot of fun.

Buzz
LL

Buzz

post #49 of 800 Old 05-11-2010, 02:41 PM

I appreciate having this forum to compare notes on calibration. I've had the set for about 3 weeks now, tried a few different setting. Overall I love the picture, I can tell the step up from my 40A630 in the bedroom. The black level on this is great.

So someone posted a professional review on the owners thread from a UK site, and in the discussion at the end, the reviewer lists his calibration settings. I tried them last night and found them to be the BEST I have seen so far. They were for the C650, but they are perfect on my C630. BTY I have a SQ01 panel.

Here are the settings:
Picture Mode: MOVIE
Backlight: 4 (to achieve ~115 cd/m2 peak luminance - set this according to your viewing environment)
Contrast: 94
Brightness: 44
Sharpness: 0 for HD content, 20-30 for SD
Colour: 48
Tint: Neutral (50/50)
Advanced:
Colour Space: Custom (see settings below)
Edge Enhancer: Off
CMS Settings (R / G / B):
Red: 50 0 0
Green: 25 55 0
Blue: 0 14 71
Yellow: 52 52 0
Cyan: 24 52 54
Magenta: 43 9 55
White Balance:
Offset (R,G,B): 28, 25, 24
Gain (R,G,B): 19, 26, 24
10p White Balance: ON
Interval 1 (R,G,B): 2 0 0
2: 0 0 -1
3: 0 0 -1
4: -1 0 -1
5: 0 0 0
6: 1 0 0
7: 0 0 -1
8: 0 1 -2
9: 0 2 -2
10: 0 2 -3
Picture Options screen:
Colour Tone: Warm2
Aspect Ratio: Screen Fit for 1080i/1080p, according to source otherwise
HDMI Black Level: depends on source, Low for video devices
Film Mode: Auto 1 or Auto 2 depending on content
Motion Plus: Custom, Blur Reduction: 10, Judder Reduction: 0

Give them a try, I would like to know what others think.

Bill
post #50 of 800 Old 05-12-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjprent View Post

I appreciate having this forum to compare notes on calibration. I've had the set for about 3 weeks now, tried a few different setting. Overall I love the picture, I can tell the step up from my 40A630 in the bedroom. The black level on this is great.

So someone posted a professional review on the owners thread from a UK site, and in the discussion at the end, the reviewer lists his calibration settings. I tried them last night and found them to be the BEST I have seen so far. They were for the C650, but they are perfect on my C630. BTY I have a SQ01 panel.

Here are the settings:
Backlight: 4 (to achieve ~115 cd/m2 peak luminance - set this according to your viewing environment)
Advanced:
White Balance:
Picture Options screen:

Bill

Those settings look pretty damn good.
post #51 of 800 Old 05-15-2010, 04:06 PM

How do you put the LN40C630 into game mode? With the computer hooked up to an HDMI, it's greyed out in the TV menu.

JohnnyGalaga. Setting the standard in galactic excellence.
post #52 of 800 Old 05-16-2010, 12:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohitek View Post

Greetings,

I know there is currently an owners thread for the C630/C650 but I wanted to create this thread for people to post the best settings they have found for the C630 specifically.

Also, please include weather it is best settings for gaming or HD programming or sports or movies.

We will try to decide and pick the best ones for each category.

Thanks!

These are not at all ready for prime-time, just an initial testing!

But figured I'd post them anyway since I'm not sure anyone has posted anything done with calibration tools at all yet for the 2010 SQ01 55" panels.

Strictly speaking these are for the C650 not C630, but it is possible that the C630 is basically the same.

Make sure that your panel at least has sub-pixel structure of the 2010 SQ01 S-PVA panel type, if not, then theses would not likely work:
http://www.smugmug.com/photos/867833763_AGP7d-X3.jpg

again these were just an initial partial sample figuring out the basic of the new set and are NOT any sort of final calibration. That said, even as is, they are radically closer to ideal than anything the set ships with for defaults!

Not sure how to characterize them, as correct is correct. But I guess they are not for gaming since they don't use a low lag mode.

Backlight: 4 (maybe 2-4 for a dark room and 5-8 for typical room and 8-14 for a super bright room with a ton of direct sun streaming in, although it is up to your eyeballs in the end and what they like)
Contrast: 98
Brightness: 46
Sharpness: 0
Color: 50
Tint: G50/R50
Eco Solution: Off
Gamma: -1
10p White Balance: On
Felsh Tone: 0
Color Tone: Warm2
Size: Screen Fit
HDMI: as needed Low if you send it 16-235 and Normal if you send it 0-255 (usually you need Low for stuff like external blu-ray standalone players and cable boxes and Normal for PCs)
Auto Motion Plus 120Hz: Off
Source Edit Name HMDI1/DVI: DVI Devices
BD Wise: Off

Color Space:
Red: R42,G0,B0
Green: R17,G55,B0
Blue: R1,G7,B68
Yellow: R47,G53,B0
Cyan: R16,G57,B84
Magenta: R37,G7,B73

White Balance:
R-Offset: 27
G-Offset: 24
B-Offset: 25
R-Gain: 23
G-Gain: 24
B-Gain: 28

10p White Balance:
gets a pretty even gamma 2.2 from 10%-90% combined with Gamma: -1
but at 5% it starts to dive toward 2.3 and beyond and at 95% it zooms to gamma 2.0 who knows what it is at 100%; some say that in a very dark room gamma 2.3 or even 2.4 can be ok so you might try Gamma: -2 in a pitch black viewing room???
1: R5,G5,B2
2: R1,G1,B2
3: R-1,G-1,B-4
4: R-2,G-2,B-5
5: R0,G-1,B-4
6: R1,G1,B-3
7: R0,G0,B-5
8: R0,G2,B-1
9: R-3,G0,B-2
10: R0,G-1,B0 Maybe this one or Contrast can be adjusted to fix up the upper register gamma curve

anyway they are far from finished but they will get you FAR and away more realistic images (i.e. set much closer to the Rec709 spec) than the defaults the units ship with, even as is

I just wish it didnt have that weird micro-striping (very well might jsut be my particular set, more and more I think I got a bad panel can't believe it; I so hope it is not a problem so don't want to deal with samsung again, especially since they would likely start me up again with the standard local rep who is both incompetent and a liar and not the competent and honest regional rep and god knows what sort of replacement panel they'd try to order and stick in it, arrrrrr so close to finally getting a working set).
Also have a horizontal cloud across the entire width of the screen that shows during some vertical pans, sounds like lots of 2010 sets have this. Viewing angles seem to be mediocre.

OTOH the number of things you do adjust the picture is great you can get it closer to the REC709 spec than any previous Samsung CCFL set and the dynamic range appears to be out of this world good. If not for the micro-striping (and the cloud stripe) on my set, I'd have to say that I consider it to be pretty stunning (the sole downside would be weak viewing angles, but if you get a functioning panel, these beast produce pretty stunning images).

Does anyone else notice that solid areas of color or very smooth gradients can get sort of faint horizontal stripes across them every couple of scanlines??? I'm getting a bad feeling I may have gotten a bum panel, especially since the lower middle and right seem to act a bit more normally in this regard, if still not absolutely 100% normal.

at backlight 15:

EDIT: just noticed that if you bump the brightness down to 44 from 46 (as listed above) then you maximize the 0,0,0 black, at the sacrifice of clipping 2,2,2 to 0,0,0 (it seems that 1,1,1 always gets clipped to 0,0,0 no matter what I do) it might be worth that to get 0,0,0 and letterbox bars absolutely as black as possible
post #53 of 800 Old 05-16-2010, 12:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandras View Post

Absolutely. The settings can be used for any Samsung set. it is just a matter of opinion on how the set looks. There is no right or wrong setting.

strictly speaking HDTV and blu-ray/HD-DVD assume the display matches REC709 spec so there is really is a right setting.

granted each set does vary very slightly even if they have same electronics and panel type

where major problems may occur is applying settings across electronic and panel differences, i.e. some of the smaller 630/650 don't use the SQ01 new-type, in fact maybe none do, so that is one differnce and then some small use C and some A and some S panel. There is also a slight chance that the 650 MIGHT have slightly different driving electronics. In these cases you can still give it a shot but there is a chance it could always be well off.
post #54 of 800 Old 05-16-2010, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Does anyone notice that the orange-yellow background to the newegg advertisement at the top of the AVSForum screen looks like it has some mild horizontal striping going across it every couple of scanlines?

On my PC monitors and another HDTV it looks smooth but on my SQ01 55C650 it has noticeable striping going across it. Perhaps it is normal for this new pixel format, but it doesn't seem like this should be the case.

Another thing that shows striping easily is the Main folder on a WIndows7 desktop, the icon looks like a smoothly shaded manilla folder on other displays but on my 55C650 it has noticeable horizontal stripes going across it every couple scanlines.

Adobe Illustrator CS4 orange icon also look totally smooth on other displays but has striping going across it on 55C650.

I notice it even on the white background on the AVS page.

Notice it a lot on the AV letters on the upper left of this page.

etc.

It's not classic banding since I even notice it on solid colors not just smoothly gradiated objects.

arrrrr so not wanting to go through another repair mess....
maybe this is somehow normal for this type of set???

Does anyone with an SQ01 55C650 NOT notice this even if they look up close???
post #55 of 800 Old 05-18-2010, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum5000 View Post

Does anyone notice that the orange-yellow background to the newegg advertisement at the top of the AVSForum screen looks like it has some mild horizontal striping going across it every couple of scanlines?

On my PC monitors and another HDTV it looks smooth but on my SQ01 55C650 it has noticeable striping going across it. Perhaps it is normal for this new pixel format, but it doesn't seem like this should be the case.

Another thing that shows striping easily is the Main folder on a WIndows7 desktop, the icon looks like a smoothly shaded manilla folder on other displays but on my 55C650 it has noticeable horizontal stripes going across it every couple scanlines.

Adobe Illustrator CS4 orange icon also look totally smooth on other displays but has striping going across it on 55C650.

I notice it even on the white background on the AVS page.

Notice it a lot on the AV letters on the upper left of this page.

etc.

It's not classic banding since I even notice it on solid colors not just smoothly gradiated objects.

arrrrr so not wanting to go through another repair mess....
maybe this is somehow normal for this type of set???

Does anyone with an SQ01 55C650 NOT notice this even if they look up close???

I don't know about any of that stuff as I haven't hooked my PC up to the TV yet but your settings that you posted are hot $hit! I'd love to see any changes you might make to that setup.
post #56 of 800 Old 05-18-2010, 06:47 AM

would these settings work for the LN40C610?

PSN I.D - Nas2344
Blurays - 102
PS3 Games - 25
post #57 of 800 Old 05-18-2010, 07:01 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjprent View Post

Here are the settings:
Advanced:
White Balance:
Picture Options screen:

Bill

This will be my first time messing with a set not using factory settings. What would be the major differences between using the 46inch calibration on the 55inch set?

TIA.
post #58 of 800 Old 05-18-2010, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum5000 View Post

Color Space:
Red: R42,G0,B0
Green: R17,G55,B0
Blue: R1,G7,B68
Yellow: R47,G53,B0
Cyan: R16,G57,B84
Magenta: R37,G7,B73

10p White Balance:
gets a pretty even gamma 2.2 from 10%-90% combined with Gamma: -1
but at 5% it starts to dive toward 2.3 and beyond and at 95% it zooms to gamma 2.0 who knows what it is at 100%; some say that in a very dark room gamma 2.3 or even 2.4 can be ok so you might try Gamma: -2 in a pitch black viewing room???
1: R5,G5,B2
2: R1,G1,B2
3: R-1,G-1,B-4
4: R-2,G-2,B-5
5: R0,G-1,B-4
6: R1,G1,B-3
7: R0,G0,B-5
8: R0,G2,B-1
9: R-3,G0,B-2
10: R0,G-1,B0 Maybe this one or Contrast can be adjusted to fix up the upper register gamma curve

I am trying to set these settings on my 55C630, but I am confused about all the numbers and how to input them. For instance: Red: R42,G0,B0 - what does this mean? I only have a slider, so I could move it to 42. Also, I am not seeing Yellow, Cyan and Magenta.

Then same thing with 10pt white balance. How do I enter those settings? Sorry if these seem like stupid questions. This is my first LCD, and I just want to get it set up right.
post #59 of 800 Old 05-18-2010, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroku View Post

I am trying to set these settings on my 55C630, but I am confused about all the numbers and how to input them. For instance: Red: R42,G0,B0 - what does this mean? I only have a slider, so I could move it to 42. Also, I am not seeing Yellow, Cyan and Magenta.

Then same thing with 10pt white balance. How do I enter those settings? Sorry if these seem like stupid questions. This is my first LCD, and I just want to get it set up right.

To enter the Red: R42,G0,B0 stuff you need to switch "Color Space" to "Custom" and then go into the submenu for that and there should be R,G,B sliders you can move for Red and then once you do that select Red and that brings up another menu where you can select Blue and then Green, etc.

For the 10pt you need to select the 10pt option and switch it to on and then go into the 10pt submenu and set the sliders R,G,B for level 1 and then select the level 1 option and then move it over one to level 2, etc.
post #60 of 800 Old 05-18-2010, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparty1020 View Post

This will be my first time messing with a set not using factory settings. What would be the major differences between using the 46inch calibration on the 55inch set?

TIA.

I believe some 46" sets use A panels and they very well may require different calibration values unless perhaps samsung tried to even the differences out internally. Many 46" also use the SQ01 though. IF your 46" has an SQ01 panel where each sub pixel is a vertical array of 3 blocks (as opposed to sideways >> or vertical ^^ herringbone blocks) then it should transfer over just fine.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page