Official Samsung LNXXC750 Owners Thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #361 of 482 Old 12-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Newbie
 
astrah's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: greece
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Neat View Post

My apologies in advance if this has been discussed but can anyone tell me their opinions regarding picture quality of this set vs the B750's?

I have a LN52B750, which I upgraded to from a LN52A750, and I am wondering if this new model takes a big step in picture quality over the B750 or is equal too. I original heard it was slightly lower at A750 levels but had 3D capability.

Anyhow any help I get as usual on her is super appreciated.

Thanks!

owner of the two tv's and i have to tell you that the picture quality of the c series is slightly better from the b series but the difference is in the media player who has better menu and dts support .

Samsung B750 LCD TV + Samsung C750 LCD 3D + Sony playstation 3 slim 320gb
astrah is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #362 of 482 Old 12-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Member
 
maxmekker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Norway
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well I have been with this tv for a week now, got it as a waranty replacment for my (great) 40m61 telly that got a bad case of brown spots on the display.

I think this tv is great , and the settings provided from hdtv test looks good on bd, but on normal tv with hd signal, and normal signal(just replaced the canal digital decoder to get hdmi) I have visible lines in bright yellow,blue and white shots.(bare in mind that movie mode is not used when watching ordinary tv)
I took a pic of the screen in black(image from ps3)
and altered it a bitt in PS to make it pop out more.
LL

Drammen rock city
maxmekker is offline  
post #363 of 482 Old 12-05-2010, 12:38 AM
Member
 
abhinit90's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello guys, finally after so many months, i'll be getting this TV today or day after.

I've relied mostly on reviews, but thewy have been great for an LCD, i went to the store, but the one thing that put me off was the SD quality, whereas the tv's running next to it were giving a much clearer SD quality.


an anyone suggest me the area to tune/change the settings to i could get a slightly better SD image, since most of the broadcast here is in SD.
abhinit90 is offline  
post #364 of 482 Old 12-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Newbie
 
astrah's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: greece
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Did anyone have notice when the tv shows letters that moves from right to left(or other way) that they flickers for some sec and then it moves ok? it happed to me when the speed of those letters especially in commercials are very fast!

Samsung B750 LCD TV + Samsung C750 LCD 3D + Sony playstation 3 slim 320gb
astrah is offline  
post #365 of 482 Old 12-08-2010, 01:01 AM
Member
 
maxmekker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Norway
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrah View Post

Did anyone have notice when the tv shows letters that moves from right to left(or other way) that they flickers for some sec and then it moves ok? it happed to me when the speed of those letters especially in commercials are very fast!

from the hdtv test:

''Unfortunately, for its many strengths, Samsung's Motion Plus processing on the LE40C750 isn't perfect. As with the C650 model, there were occasional motion irregularities when the system was enabled with the De-judder settings set to 0. Occasionally after a scene-cut, the on-screen video would appear slightly jerky for a few seconds, before recovering. These jerky incidents could sometimes go on for as long as 10 seconds, and were most visible with news channels feature high-speed headline tickers on the bottom of the screen. Disabling [Motion Plus] solved this issue. This is a shame, because Samsung's motion processing system is one of few which we'd otherwise recommend to users unconditionally, due to the fact that it can be configured to avoid distorting the aesthetic of film material.

During 24p film playback from a Blu-ray Disc player, what appears to be the same issue manifested itself in the form of subtle frame skips every so often. Many users will probably never notice, but this does present a problem, because turning [Motion Plus] off on the Samsung LE40C750 results in slightly juddery playback of 24p film material. In other words, there is no mode with completely fault-free motion''

Drammen rock city
maxmekker is offline  
post #366 of 482 Old 12-09-2010, 01:30 AM
Newbie
 
AceTKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Picked the 55-inch model up today and I really want to like it, but I'm having buyer's remorse. Using the Samsung starter-kit goggles, both the included Monsters vs Aliens and Sly Cooper Collection on PS3 have issues in 3D mode. Foreground stuff looks fine, but everything in the background looks like it's there twice. Am I doing something wrong? I have game mode on (Otherwise the lag in Rock Band 3 is insane. Something like 128ms for both audio and video. My 4 year old Samsung 46-incher was only 32ms.)

Everyone here seems to love it, but I'm honestly considering returning it and swearing off 3D for a while. It looks like it's just not configured right. Help? It's a real pain to repack boxes...
AceTKen is offline  
post #367 of 482 Old 12-09-2010, 06:01 AM
Advanced Member
 
ncted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 824
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceTKen View Post
Picked the 55-inch model up today and I really want to like it, but I'm having buyer's remorse. Using the Samsung starter-kit goggles, both the included Monsters vs Aliens and Sly Cooper Collection on PS3 have issues in 3D mode. Foreground stuff looks fine, but everything in the background looks like it's there twice. Am I doing something wrong? I have game mode on (Otherwise the lag in Rock Band 3 is insane. Something like 128ms for both audio and video. My 4 year old Samsung 46-incher was only 32ms.)

Everyone here seems to love it, but I'm honestly considering returning it and swearing off 3D for a while. It looks like it's just not configured right. Help? It's a real pain to repack boxes...
Game Mode is for gaming, not watching movies. I imagine that is the problem you are having. Turn Game Mode on only for gaming.

Ted
ncted is offline  
post #368 of 482 Old 12-09-2010, 06:02 AM
Advanced Member
 
ncted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 824
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmekker View Post
from the hdtv test:

''Unfortunately, for its many strengths, Samsung's Motion Plus processing on the LE40C750 isn't perfect. As with the C650 model, there were occasional motion irregularities when the system was enabled with the De-judder settings set to 0. Occasionally after a scene-cut, the on-screen video would appear slightly jerky for a few seconds, before recovering. These jerky incidents could sometimes go on for as long as 10 seconds, and were most visible with news channels feature high-speed headline tickers on the bottom of the screen. Disabling [Motion Plus] solved this issue. This is a shame, because Samsung's motion processing system is one of few which we'd otherwise recommend to users unconditionally, due to the fact that it can be configured to avoid distorting the aesthetic of film material.

During 24p film playback from a Blu-ray Disc player, what appears to be the same issue manifested itself in the form of subtle frame skips every so often. Many users will probably never notice, but this does present a problem, because turning [Motion Plus] off on the Samsung LE40C750 results in slightly juddery playback of 24p film material. In other words, there is no mode with completely fault-free motion''
I find I don't get the jerky video problem with Motion Plus set to Clear.

Ted
ncted is offline  
post #369 of 482 Old 12-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Newbie
 
AceTKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncted View Post

Game Mode is for gaming, not watching movies. I imagine that is the problem you are having. Turn Game Mode on only for gaming.

Ted

Tried it both on and off. The issue looks exactly the same in movies and games no matter the setting. It's not just me, I've had two others try to the same effect. I think the term I'm looking for is image seperation in the backgrounds. I've tried using the fine tuning options, but it only makes the forgrounds have the issue once the background stops having it. Help?
AceTKen is offline  
post #370 of 482 Old 12-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Newbie
 
AceTKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Right. So after speaking with Samsung support for a while, I was told that both of my glasses may be faulty. Took them back to Future Shop only to have the guy test them with me on another smaller Samsung and tell me they ALL have the horrendous image speration.

All of them.

So I've now returned the TV. I don't know how you guys live with it. You're braver men than I.
AceTKen is offline  
post #371 of 482 Old 12-11-2010, 05:53 AM
Advanced Member
 
ncted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 824
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceTKen View Post

Right. So after speaking with Samsung support for a while, I was told that both of my glasses may be faulty. Took them back to Future Shop only to have the guy test them with me on another smaller Samsung and tell me they ALL have the horrendous image speration.

All of them.

So I've now returned the TV. I don't know how you guys live with it. You're braver men than I.

I don't watch 3D. Stupid gimmick. Even in the theatres, the only thing I have seem worth watching in 3D is Avatar. The best 3D set I have see is from Panasonic, but it had awful flicker due to the new plasma phosphors they are using. I wanted the best 2D image with decent sound in a 55" size. If all you care about is 3D, get the high-end Panny.

Ted
ncted is offline  
post #372 of 482 Old 12-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Newbie
 
AceTKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wasn't only the terrible 3D, it was the image lag. Calibrating Rock Band 3 gave me timings of 128ms, which is the worst I've seen.

Wound up getting the Sony KDL60EX703. It's being shipped now. Too bad I can't find any reviews of those...

I tried the Panasonic in-store and the 3D effect was the only one that seemed to work, but yeah, I noticed a massive flicker on the glasses. Was irritating. Not only that, but the price delta on it was a little much.
AceTKen is offline  
post #373 of 482 Old 12-14-2010, 12:11 PM
Newbie
 
Davros74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had my LN46C750 for about 3 weeks now and pretty much love everything about, except for the Samsung Apps (Internet@TV stuff). While I have successfully setup wired ethernet (passed test), and have been able to setup Yahoo Apps, I cannot setup the Samsung Apps (Netflix, Pandora, etc). When I hit the Internet button on the remote, I get a splash screen and in the lower left corner is a box marked SETTINGS. I'm pretty sure I need to go here to setup Internet@TV account and PIN, but that Settings menu is greyed out and inaccessible from the remote control.

I haven't seen too many posts about this so wondering what in the world could be going on. I've done two firmware updates, last was 1032.1. Looking for any educated ideas before I call Samsung and probably get less than helpful answers. One thing I would like to try is a full factory reset - how is that accomplished?

Otherwise very impressed so far. Still need to go through calibration, but annoyed that the Internet@TV Settings are greyed out so that whole selling point on the TV is useless. Also disappointed that you can't calibrate the Internet@TV watching modes without going into the Service Menu. Maybe I should just give up and get a BD player with Netflix built in and be done with it?
Davros74 is offline  
post #374 of 482 Old 12-15-2010, 05:31 AM
Advanced Member
 
ncted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 824
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hmmm...not sure why you wouldn't be able to get the Samsung Apps set up. I am using a wireless adapter though, so I can't help much there. At least for the Apps I use, such as NetFlix, once you are in the App, you can adjust picture and sound settings by pressing the Tools button on the remote. I'll try to remember to look at my Apps setup tonight and see if anything stands out as non-intuitive.

Ted
ncted is offline  
post #375 of 482 Old 12-24-2010, 10:53 AM
Senior Member
 
ReSultZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 270
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What would be the better option this tv or vizio's XVT3D554SV?
ReSultZ is offline  
post #376 of 482 Old 01-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Newbie
 
esieens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello - I have the European LE40C750 which I believe is the same as the LN40C750. I have three questions regarding this TV:-

1. Can I re-order manually the channels in the channel list? E.h I like to have all the BBC channels listed on after the other, is this possible? I could only find ordreing by channel name and channel #.
2. When reading VOB/IFO file extracted from a DVD, I don't seem to be able to navigate the DVD menus (after opening the IFO file). Can this been done?
3. Any recommendation for a small usb key (16Gb or 32GB) that I could use as a USB HDD for recording on this TV. It needs to be small enough that it is not visible. I have a Cruiser USB key which unfortunately is not being recognised by this TV.

Thanks
esieens is offline  
post #377 of 482 Old 01-13-2011, 07:49 PM
Member
 
geetarslinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have found a good deal on a LN55C750 but cant find many reviews, one online place said it was discontinued and I cant find it on The Samsung website. Lots more reviews on the 46C570.
geetarslinger is offline  
post #378 of 482 Old 01-14-2011, 05:09 AM
Advanced Member
 
ncted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 824
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by geetarslinger View Post

I have found a good deal on a LN55C750 but cant find many reviews, one online place said it was discontinued and I cant find it on The Samsung website. Lots more reviews on the 46C570.

Best Buy in the US is still selling this model. There are a couple of reviews there, including mine.

-Ted
ncted is offline  
post #379 of 482 Old 01-15-2011, 07:05 AM
Senior Member
 
badvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 301
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Get it and don't look back. I believe it's one of the best non-LED sets out there with very limited buzz. I really like mine
badvideo is offline  
post #380 of 482 Old 01-15-2011, 04:13 PM
Senior Member
 
ReSultZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 270
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Im assuming this tv is better than a edge lit led..right?
ReSultZ is offline  
post #381 of 482 Old 01-16-2011, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
MrHifi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Davidsonville, MD
Posts: 2,839
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Need help!!! I have a Lynksis Wireless G. Must I buy an Access Point and the little Samsung Adapter or just the Adapter? I bought a D-link Wireless Adapter that plugs into USB but it does not work. Help. Cookbook directions please.

Art Neill
a.k.a.
Mr. HiFi
MrHifi is offline  
post #382 of 482 Old 01-17-2011, 06:10 AM
Advanced Member
 
ncted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 824
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHifi View Post

Need help!!! I have a Lynksis Wireless G. Must I buy an Access Point and the little Samsung Adapter or just the Adapter? I bought a D-link Wireless Adapter that plugs into USB but it does not work. Help. Cookbook directions please.

This is what I had to buy:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-WIS09A...5273357&sr=8-1

Works fine if the access point is reasonably close.

-Ted
ncted is offline  
post #383 of 482 Old 01-17-2011, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
MrHifi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Davidsonville, MD
Posts: 2,839
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I do not have an access point yet. I do have a Lynksis 802.11 G wireless router So, I have to buy an access point too? and the item you showed me?

Art Neill
a.k.a.
Mr. HiFi
MrHifi is offline  
post #384 of 482 Old 01-17-2011, 11:23 AM
Newbie
 
w3ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I ordered one at Future Shop yesterday for delivery. Can't wait to test it out at home
w3ss is offline  
post #385 of 482 Old 01-17-2011, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
MrHifi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Davidsonville, MD
Posts: 2,839
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I called Samsung and gave them the number for my 46" 3D TV. They said I needed a WISO9ABGN2. I ordered one from Amazon.

Art Neill
a.k.a.
Mr. HiFi
MrHifi is offline  
post #386 of 482 Old 01-18-2011, 05:13 AM
Advanced Member
 
ncted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 824
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHifi View Post

I do not have an access point yet. I do have a Lynksis 802.11 G wireless router So, I have to buy an access point too? and the item you showed me?

The USB wireless network adapter is not an access point. A wireless router is a type of access point, so you already have the access point. You just need to get the USB wireless network adapter which it looks like you already ordered. Hope it works out for you.

Ted
ncted is offline  
post #387 of 482 Old 01-18-2011, 09:14 AM
Member
 
BB88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is there any 3rd party USB wireless adapter that will work with the Samsung's TV?
BB88 is offline  
post #388 of 482 Old 01-18-2011, 10:01 AM
Member
 
Dunbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 189
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB88 View Post

Is there any 3rd party USB wireless adapter that will work with the Samsung's TV?

The following work with the C630/C650:

CenDyne JR300N
Rosewill RNX-N1
Dunbar is offline  
post #389 of 482 Old 01-19-2011, 07:51 AM
Member
 
hseeng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReSultZ View Post

Im assuming this tv is better than a edge lit led..right?

No it is not better than LED sets
I have both the 6500 LED and the 750 LCD in my house right now side by side.
The LED does have brighter whites and blacker blacks but just by a little bit.
In some cases you cannot tell the difference at all and in others the LED does look darker/whiter. I noticed the LED set turns on and off the LEDs depending on what is on the screen. e.g 99% black sceens
I had the 6500 for 30 days and returning it today. It has very odd contrast issues. Off angle viewing was off too. The 6500 has CN, SQ, and H panels. For what I have noticed all 750 has the SQ panels.
I hooked up the 750 last night to compare with 6500 at 10pm. Only played with it for 2 hours so far I'm happier.

I got the 750 for $170 less than the 6500 and,
I now have 3D
Got a better panel (SQ01)
Got 240 hz (don't think this matters though)
Got free 3D bluray player
Got Samsung 3D starter kit (2 glasses, 4 Shrek movies)

Other wise it was $700 more for the Samsung 7000 LED to get the better SQ panel...

BTW the flashlighting is the same on all these TV's LCD/LED from what i'm seeing in my house right now.
hseeng is offline  
post #390 of 482 Old 01-20-2011, 05:31 AM
Advanced Member
 
ncted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 824
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by hseeng View Post

No it is not better than LED sets
I have both the 6500 LED and the 750 LCD in my house right now side by side.
The LED does have brighter whites and blacker blacks but just by a little bit.
In some cases you cannot tell the difference at all and in others the LED does look darker/whiter. I noticed the LED set turns on and off the LEDs depending on what is on the screen. e.g 99% black sceens
I had the 6500 for 30 days and returning it today. It has very odd contrast issues. Off angle viewing was off too. The 6500 has CN, SQ, and H panels. For what I have noticed all 750 has the SQ panels.
I hooked up the 750 last night to compare with 6500 at 10pm. Only played with it for 2 hours so far I'm happier.

I got the 750 for $170 less than the 6500 and,
I now have 3D
Got a better panel (SQ01)
Got 240 hz (don't think this matters though)
Got free 3D bluray player
Got Samsung 3D starter kit (2 glasses, 4 Shrek movies)

Other wise it was $700 more for the Samsung 7000 LED to get the better SQ panel...

BTW the flashlighting is the same on all these TV's LCD/LED from what i'm seeing in my house right now.

I agree. The 750 isn't necessarily better than all LEDs sets, but it has a number of advantages compared to the LED sets in the same price range. More expensive, backlit LEDs can look better. Edge-lit LEDs have serious off-angle issues IMHO, and it is only going to get worse as they use fewer and fewer LEDs to do the edge lighting. If the current crop of Panny plasmas didn't have flicker issues in bright scenes, I might have gone with one of those. There is no perfect set, but the 55C750 was the best option in my price range at the time.

-Ted
ncted is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off