post #451 of 482 Old 06-21-2011, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshfever View Post

Hello everyone,

I first posted that my LN46C750 was experiencing some clouding issues. I gave it some time and I tweaked the settings using CNET's settings for the LNC650. I am happy to report that the TV looks great and the clouding has pretty much blended in with the screen. I really have to look hard to find it now which is great.

I do, however, have a new concern. I have noticed some banding in the screen while it is panning an image. It is mostly noticeable with grays and light blues. When a movie image is panning across a scene either vertically or horizontally I can see strips of lighter screen. It is not terrible distracting but I thought it was odd. Is this a normal aspect of an LCD screen? Is banding something inherent in the technology or is it a poor screen? Thank you very much.

P.S. NewsyL.....I have not noticed that my TV boots up any slower than it did since the beginning.

yes i've had to ln46c750 with this "banding" and two un32d5500's with the same thing. It's probably the way the ultraclear coating is applied. Basically its uneven. I wouldn't worry about it. I exchanged the 750 and 5500 for other reasons than the "banding". Just ignore it. I really don't ever notice it unless i'm looking for it and it isn't distracting like flashlighting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 482 Old 06-21-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsyL View Post

How long does it take for your C750's to show an image when you turn it on? I'm up to 23 seconds now.

Need to know for my call to Samsung Customer Service.

Before you call CS try to go into Menu>Setup>General and turn on FastStart and see if that helps.
post #453 of 482 Old 06-23-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPreston2001 View Post

Before you call CS try to go into Menu>Setup>General and turn on FastStart and see if that helps.

First thing I checked a few weeks ago - it is ON.
post #454 of 482 Old 06-23-2011, 11:25 AM

Yeah then sounds like a repair ticket is your only option at this point.
post #455 of 482 Old 06-23-2011, 12:12 PM

Well I just called Samsung Support for the second time with my HDMI Handshake issue. I have already had the input board replaced once back in February, but it has started happening again.

Hopefully this time it fixes it for good.

Seems to be more of an issue with my Sony products (PS3, Receiver) than others. Maybe they are at war? (Samsung xXx Sony)
post #456 of 482 Old 06-28-2011, 06:41 AM

Quote:

My LN55C750 is taking longer and longer to turn on and it is only 2 months old. What used to take 2 to 3 seconds now takes 15 to 20 and seems to be increasing in length.

Been doing some reading and it seems this may be a common problem with Samsung's. Something to do with bad capacitors on the motherboard.

Anyone else had to deal with this?

I changed the caps on my HLS-5679W last year. However, I just ordered a C750 and am hoping that in the past 4 years, samsung did change the garbage caps they use. My old samsung which died just after 4 yrs, after being told it would last 20,000+ hours. I may have gotten half of that life after my LED engine died. I still gave samsung another chance and i hope their caps won't blow again... This time I did not go for LED. Do these LCD need any bulb changes? WHat is their life?
post #457 of 482 Old 09-07-2011, 02:59 PM

Can anyone confirm that the higher rate HD Netflix streaming (3.8 Mbps 720p)is working correctly on their C750?
I've had a new 46C750 for 2 months, replacing a problematic 46C650, and I've just started having problems with Netflix streaming.
Previously, the 750 had been working exactly as expected on Netflix titles (discounting those titles that were obviously encoded incorrectly) such as Star Trek (original), Hawaii 5-0, etc. Then, my ISP upped my bandwidth to 12 Mbps (it had been capped at 4.9), and now the very same titles exhibit an intermittent "hitch", like a frame skip, every five or ten seconds, making them unwatchable for me.
Nothing has changed at all other than the BW; no router, wiring, firmware, or configuration changes at all. I'm using the wired option and have tested directly to the DSL modem just to make sure I wasn't experiencing a LAN problem on this end, like a communication error at the higher rate. I know there are two levels of 720p HD at about 2.7 Mbps and at 3.8 Mbps, and most likely I was at 2.7 (with headroom) at my old 4.9 Mpbs WAN rate, and now I'm most likely seeing the 3.8 Mbps 720p stream because of the increased WAN bandwidth. When I throttle the streaming to medium quality via my Netflix account, the hitch disappears, but of course that restricts me to 1.5 Mbps SD.
I'd really like to know if mine is an isolated case or if there's a Samsung/Netflix issue at the higher 720p rate.
post #458 of 482 Old 09-08-2011, 04:57 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtiner View Post
Can anyone confirm that the higher rate HD Netflix streaming (3.8 Mbps 720p)is working correctly on their C750?
I've had a new 46C750 for 2 months, replacing a problematic 46C650, and I've just started having problems with Netflix streaming.
Previously, the 750 had been working exactly as expected on Netflix titles (discounting those titles that were obviously encoded incorrectly) such as Star Trek (original), Hawaii 5-0, etc. Then, my ISP upped my bandwidth to 12 Mbps (it had been capped at 4.9), and now the very same titles exhibit an intermittent "hitch", like a frame skip, every five or ten seconds, making them unwatchable for me.
Nothing has changed at all other than the BW; no router, wiring, firmware, or configuration changes at all. I'm using the wired option and have tested directly to the DSL modem just to make sure I wasn't experiencing a LAN problem on this end, like a communication error at the higher rate. I know there are two levels of 720p HD at about 2.7 Mbps and at 3.8 Mbps, and most likely I was at 2.7 (with headroom) at my old 4.9 Mpbs WAN rate, and now I'm most likely seeing the 3.8 Mbps 720p stream because of the increased WAN bandwidth. When I throttle the streaming to medium quality via my Netflix account, the hitch disappears, but of course that restricts me to 1.5 Mbps SD.
I'd really like to know if mine is an isolated case or if there's a Samsung/Netflix issue at the higher 720p rate.
Yes, I saw this too when I had both 10Mb Cable and 7 Mb DSL. I switched to using NetFlix on my BD player instead. Oddly, I don't see the problem when watching HD content on Hulu on the same television. I actually started having trouble getting either the TV or my DB player to connect to NetFlix during primetime. Along with disappearing content and higher prices, I decided to drop NetFlix. Nothing lasts forever I guess.

Ted
post #459 of 482 Old 09-26-2011, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quick question for everyone with a C750. Can someone please confirm that these tvs are, in fact, active IR for the 3D? I bought 4 pairs of the Monoprice.com 3D Active IR glasses for use with Samsung TV's and no dice in terms of them doing diddly when displaying 3D. I'm trying to work through the issue with Monoprice tech support, but I just need to 100% verify that these are active IR. I did use my cell phone's digital camera to verify that the emitter is turning on and off when hitting the "3D" button on the TV's remote, so that does not seem to be the issue.

Thanks!

Regards,
Jeff
post #460 of 482 Old 10-15-2011, 10:09 AM

figured it out!
post #461 of 482 Old 10-19-2011, 07:03 AM

I have an LN46c750. First off, I love this TV. I have had two Samsung LED's, the c7000 and d8000, and I could not get over the uniformity issues. Anyway, I have noticed that using Samsungs Auto Motion Plus feature introduces an odd stuttering while watching a movie. I have read on this thread that stuttering, or frame drops, or whatever have been discussed before but no solution was proposed other than just turning off AMP. I enjoy using AMP and I also enjoy the smoothing effect that it creates. I decided to play with the custom settings to see if I can isolate what creates the stuttering effect when watching films. (I do not use AMP when watching regular television so I have only noticed this problem while watching Blu-rays).

What I have noticed so far is that the Judder Reduction by itself does not introduce the stutter. I watched an entire film with Blur Reduction 0, and Judder Reduction 10 and did not once see any stuttering/ skips/frame drops. I then increased Blur Reduction to 5 and I began to occasionally see stuttering while watching the same movie. I have discovered that Blur Reduction introduces the stutter when coupled with Judder Reduction. I am not sure why, I have not read any thorough explanations of the difference between the two, I just know what I have seen. If you are like me and you like the smooth effect of AMP I suggest the following settings under custom - Blur Reduction 3, Judder Reduction 8-10 (Depending how smooth you like it). The Stutter is very few and far between and it is so minimal that I almost don't notice it.

Lastly, this morning I had an idea I wanted to try. I am using a Panasonic 210 Blu-ray player and I changed the output setting, 24p to off. I had an idea that maybe my TV works harder trying to process 24p when AMP is engaged. I changed my AMP setting to standard which usually creates stuttering, and then watched Transformers: Dark of the Moon from the Optimus bridge scene to the end. This part of the film is where I would always see stuttering because of the many complex scenes and fast moving special effects (I am assuming). I am happy to say that I did not see any stuttering. This is not a definitive test because I have not watched an entire film yet, but I think I am on to something.

So, If you are like me and you use AMP but are sick of seeing the stuttering/skipping/frame drops than I suggest you try these settings or a variation of them. Please let me know if this helps or if you have improved upon it. Have a great day.
post #462 of 482 Old 10-24-2011, 11:38 PM

I have an issue.

As I started watching VOD (FIOS) and DVR, randomly, i'd lose picture and sound and TV becomes unresponsive. DVR box too. Only thing I can do is shut it off and restart. Even when I restart it does not work unless i shuffle through channels.

What I think is somehow the resolution messes it up. It seems at 1080p it's fine but other may cause issues.

Has anyone ever heard of it?
post #463 of 482 Old 10-25-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptolemy View Post

I have an issue.

As I started watching VOD (FIOS) and DVR, randomly, i'd lose picture and sound and TV becomes unresponsive. DVR box too. Only thing I can do is shut it off and restart. Even when I restart it does not work unless i shuffle through channels.

What I think is somehow the resolution messes it up. It seems at 1080p it's fine but other may cause issues.

Has anyone ever heard of it?

Do you have the option of setting the output resolution for these devices? i.e. can you set your DVR to output in 1080p or auto?
post #464 of 482 Old 10-25-2011, 03:26 PM

I had the opportunity to watch a couple movies using the bluray set to 24p off, and the TV set to AMP standard. I am happy to say that there is no longer any frame drops or stuttering. However, I have to be honest that the film does not look as nice. Now I have to decide whether to have no stuttering, but a sacrificed picture, or a great picture but stuttering.

Has anyone had similar issues or experiences? Could it be that my Bluray player does not properly send a 1080/24p film. When the option is off there is no frame drops, when on there is.
post #465 of 482 Old 10-25-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:

Do you have the option of setting the output resolution for these devices? i.e. can you set your DVR to output in 1080p or auto?

It's a FIOS DVR but it also happened with an Amazon on demand movie.

From what I can guess, when it uses 1080p it's fine but when it has 720 or 480p it crashes.

I am not sure if I can force DVR to that because it records broadcast stuff and lioke PBS is not 1980p but 720p.
post #466 of 482 Old 10-26-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptolemy View Post

It's a FIOS DVR but it also happened with an Amazon on demand movie.

From what I can guess, when it uses 1080p it's fine but when it has 720 or 480p it crashes.

I am not sure if I can force DVR to that because it records broadcast stuff and lioke PBS is not 1980p but 720p.

Its hard to say how to adjust the output settings for the FIOS, I have never had experience with that. I know on my DirectTV DVR there is a sub-menu where I can choose what format and resolution the DVR will send to my TV. Even if the program is not 1080p your DVR can possibly use conversion to send it to your TV. What type of connection are you using between the FIOS and your TV? Does the FIOS have any options where you can adjust the outgoing signal?
post #467 of 482 Old 10-26-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:

Its hard to say how to adjust the output settings for the FIOS, I have never had experience with that. I know on my DirectTV DVR there is a sub-menu where I can choose what format and resolution the DVR will send to my TV. Even if the program is not 1080p your DVR can possibly use conversion to send it to your TV. What type of connection are you using between the FIOS and your TV? Does the FIOS have any options where you can adjust the outgoing signal?

hi
i think those are interesting questions. i am not sure if i can adjust anything but I will ask them. as far as connection, it's a coaxial cable from the wall + fios box in my closet.

thanks for the help
post #468 of 482 Old 10-27-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:

I had the opportunity to watch a couple movies using the bluray set to 24p off, and the TV set to AMP standard. I am happy to say that there is no longer any frame drops or stuttering. However, I have to be honest that the film does not look as nice. Now I have to decide whether to have no stuttering, but a sacrificed picture, or a great picture but stuttering.

Has anyone had similar issues or experiences? Could it be that my Bluray player does not properly send a 1080/24p film. When the option is off there is no frame drops, when on there is.

M8, i am having the EXACT same problem, and it took me an entire week of tweaking settings in my htpc and ruling things out, untill i came to the motion plus "glitch":

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post21112717

Below is my latest conclusion / questions ive placed in my last post on the thread:

ok, i think ive found the problem: My Samsung UE46D7000, and to be more precise, its playback enhancers, motion plus...

When i put my hdmi input in PC / game mode, all problems are solved. yet, it seems that with motion plus (which is turned off because of game mode) the playback is much more smoother (apart from the random judder ive been suffering). Thats why at the beginning of this thread, i got confused how much better the playback looked when playing through the smarthub, since then, game mode is off and motion plus is applied).

Ive also tested by hooking up a iiyama 24 inch full hd tft screen through hdmi, thus not using my tv, and i get the same results as with game mode on the tv (and thus without motion plus).

My questions now:

1. Can i expect just as much smoothness with other tvs, as with motion plus from samsung? Or is that an enhancer that only comes with samsung tvs (and gives problems when watching through a pc / htpc device)?

2. Is my TV 24P compatible and if not, could that be the reason for the stuttering when applying motion plus?

Ive just tested your suggestion of custom settings with 3/8-10, but unfortunatly, i still see to much frameloss. i use Avatar, the extended version on a 1080p mkv: When playing the intro, u can see pretty quick if there is a problem with stuttering or not. when the 20th century fox logo plays, and when gliding over the trees, i still see stuttering with motion plus set to any other setting then "clear", however clear gives me kind of the same results as game mode, so when motion plus is not used. by the way, what do you do with led motion plus? finally i want to add that i find it strange that when in game mode, motion plus etc is turned off / grayed out, and i have no stutter, but with game mode off, and turned motion pluss off, i do have stutter even tho motion plus is not being used...

kind regards,
Kami.
post #469 of 482 Old 10-27-2011, 04:21 PM

post #470 of 482 Old 10-28-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeyKami View Post

Btw, read this: http://turn-smoothing-off.blogspot.com/

Have you tried setting the source device 24p off? What kinda results do you get at that point? It seems that 24p off degrades the picture quality but it could just be my perception.

c750 is an LCD and does not have the LED motion plus option. I have had Samsung LED's and I am familiar with motion plus. I researched motion plus and found that it only strobes the LED lights, it does not change the way the images are processed.

So, to summarize your test. You connect to the HDMI/PC port and turn game mode on? Is there any soap opera effect while watching with these settings...I am a fan of smoothing. Thanks for you reply.
post #471 of 482 Old 11-08-2011, 06:09 PM

Just bought a new LN55C750 (refurb from Samsung).

TV works on standard definition cable fine.

PROBLEM: When I connect the Xbox 360 to any HDMI input, after 1/2 hour the screen goes black! The audio remains on, and on really close inspection of the screen you can see the picture (but its "flat black" images). If I don't touch anything and I unplug the HDMI to another input (and switch to the proper source), it is still black except (black ghost picture). Even if I replace the HDMI source (eg media player) picture wont come back.
As well any tv "displays" like channel numbers, menus don't show either.
If I switch off and on the tv it will be fine again, but only for five minutes, and five minutes again after that.

Please help, thanks in advance!
post #472 of 482 Old 11-11-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusZeusZeus View Post

Just bought a new LN55C750 (refurb from Samsung).

TV works on standard definition cable fine.

PROBLEM: When I connect the Xbox 360 to any HDMI input, after 1/2 hour the screen goes black! The audio remains on, and on really close inspection of the screen you can see the picture (but its "flat black" images). If I don't touch anything and I unplug the HDMI to another input (and switch to the proper source), it is still black except (black ghost picture). Even if I replace the HDMI source (eg media player) picture wont come back.
As well any tv "displays" like channel numbers, menus don't show either.
If I switch off and on the tv it will be fine again, but only for five minutes, and five minutes again after that.

Please help, thanks in advance!

One thing that you can try as far as settings is check to see what your eco setting is. If is is set to high the TV might turn off the image in order to conserve power. It should not turn it off all together, however you can begin your troubleshooting there, and see if that setting is the source. Other than that I would say you have some software issues. Have you upgraded to the latest firmware? Does the TV seem really hot when it goes black?
post #473 of 482 Old 11-22-2011, 01:55 PM

My ln46c750 suffered from moderate flashlighting in the bottom two corners. For the most part I ignored it because it was a minor flaw comparatively. However, I decided that I was tired of seeing it in the black bars and used my Samsung warranty before it ran out. I told Samsung and they had a local TV Tech replace the panel and I am happy to say that I am glad I did it. The flashlighting has been greatly reduced and the panel looks a lot crisper too. Luck of the draw I guess.
post #474 of 482 Old 11-22-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:

One thing that you can try as far as settings is check to see what your eco setting is. If is is set to high the TV might turn off the image in order to conserve power. It should not turn it off all together, however you can begin your troubleshooting there, and see if that setting is the source. Other than that I would say you have some software issues. Have you upgraded to the latest firmware? Does the TV seem really hot when it goes black?

I did the update two weeks ago. I'll check the temperature, but pretty sure it's acting up faster and faster now, but the first occurrence is always delayed.

UPDATE: I dedicated the Xbox connection to "game mode". For whatever reson it does not have the problem now this way.
BUT
It is still not cured completely. My media player (a "Boxee") did not ever suffer the Xbox HDMI issue before. The "Boxee" is used to watch movies etc. and is connected via HDMI. All of a sudden it occurred once one night. Then it happened again (one time) another night. I would rather not put this one into a "game mode" as it does prevent a lot of features and adjustments (I'm not sure exactly what they are..)
Does this give any better clues???

Meanwhile I'll check the Eco feature and post back.
post #475 of 482 Old 11-23-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusZeusZeus View Post

I did the update two weeks ago. I'll check the temperature, but pretty sure it's acting up faster and faster now, but the first occurrence is always delayed.

UPDATE: I dedicated the Xbox connection to "game mode". For whatever reson it does not have the problem now this way.
BUT
It is still not cured completely. My media player (a "Boxee") did not ever suffer the Xbox HDMI issue before. The "Boxee" is used to watch movies etc. and is connected via HDMI. All of a sudden it occurred once one night. Then it happened again (one time) another night. I would rather not put this one into a "game mode" as it does prevent a lot of features and adjustments (I'm not sure exactly what they are..)
Does this give any better clues???

Meanwhile I'll check the Eco feature and post back.

In your first post you said that standard cables work fine? Have you tried your boxee or Xbox 360 using the component cables or any other analog cables? It seems that you are having trouble with the HDMI inputs. Do you still have a warranty? I just used the Samsung warranty before it ran out and I am very glad I did. If this problem only happens with HDMI then you have a handshake issue or something similar. I read early in this thread that a lot of people had HDMI troubles, and I did as well. My older Panny bluray player would go black with sound like yours and it would say "U73" on the display. It turns out it was a handshake issue. Let me know if any of this helps.
post #476 of 482 Old 01-18-2012, 01:24 PM

A followup to my posts on the slow start up of my LN55C750

About 2 months ago our cable provider upgraded the cable box/pvr from the Motorola DCT6416III to a new DCX3400. Within a couple of days I realized that the set was starting up in about 7 seconds.

I recall with the original DCT6416III that the set was starting up fast when we first got it.

Coincidence or a bad capacitor that came back??
post #477 of 482 Old 01-18-2012, 03:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

A followup to my posts on the slow start up of my LN55C750

About 2 months ago our cable provider upgraded the cable box/pvr from the Motorola DCT6416III to a new DCX3400. Within a couple of days I realized that the set was starting up in about 7 seconds.

I recall with the original DCT6416III that the set was starting up fast when we first got it.

Coincidence or a bad capacitor that came back??

Just to narrow the issue, I suspect you are using HDMI in (more common these days). Change to another method such as component. This will rule out HDMI communication problems with the new box if still slow. Or feed the cable line directly into the TV and try the TV internal tuner start up time (if you have analog or unencrypted QAM to watch).

/Dan
post #478 of 482 Old 02-14-2012, 01:43 AM

Anyone uses ARC in HDMI back into receiver? I been using mine and I have sound issues. I get these weird sound loss. I tried 2 different HDMI cables. I grabbed tosslink and it's fixed. Anyone else having this issue?> I am using onkyo nr-509 receiver.
post #479 of 482 Old 03-12-2012, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Hey gang,

Recently I've started having insane behavior from the tv as far as it's ability to do anything via the wired network. I was wondering if anyone knows how to set the tv back to it's original factory defaults so that I can go back through the network setup with a clean slate?

Thanks,
Jeff
post #480 of 482 Old 03-14-2012, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

And the magic answer to how to reset your tv back to factory defaults is....

Hold down the EXIT button on the TV remote for 10+ seconds. The reset dialogue screen will pop up and voila... you can reset the tv. Hope that helps someone.

Regards,
Jeff
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page