AVS Forum banner

Official Samsung LNXXC750 Owners Thread

121K views 482 replies 132 participants last post by  Pocket Sand 
#1 ·

Just wanted to share a quick review/observations of the LN55C750...

Screen/Panel: glossy and reflective like its B750 predecessor. According to the SN label, this unit uses the "SQ01" panel. The box says the screen is "ultra clear" if that matters to anyone. The tv is currently set up in the attic with a lot of sun light, and reflections are very noticeable. With the drapes closed, daytime viewing is fine. The colours are quite vibrant and had the same type of "pop" as the B850 plasma and C8000 (they were side-by-side) in the store. However, the C750's whites were much whiter than the B850...but I guess that's inherent in LCDs.

Blacks: Caveat: I haven't had a chance to calibrate it, but out of the box, the brightness and backlight are set quite high. Turning these both down slightly allows the image to blend with the borders nicely. Haven't noticed bright spots in the corners, or any flashlighting and clouding while watching a few scenes from Planet Earth. Part of the reason I went with the C750 was that it didn't have the bright corners as the C7000/C8000 (and the fact that it was quite a bit cheaper as well).

Lag: I tried playing Modern Warefare 2 on my xbox (both on and offline) and noticed lag in normal mode. No noticeable lag with "game" mode on.

Remote: nothing special here...

Aesthetics: Clean look, with a 1.5" black frame and a clear plastic border. Not as striking as the C8000, however. The chrome stand is growing on me, but would have preferred the regular stand from 2009.

3D: no content or hardware to test. Based on the demo of Monsters v Aliens, i' think i'll hold off on adopting this tech.

Overall: the 55" is massive...I think it's way to big for my tiny attic of a room. The image is crisp, colours are vibrant and I like that fact that it's not edge lit. I like the fact that I do not have to use dongles to plug in component cables...and the fact that the power cord is NOT attached to the unit.

See less See more
#53 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuyInTheChair /forum/post/18556934

I don't know what kind of cmaera you have.... but I want to get an idea of hw the black levels compare to my post black level rise g10

any chance you could take a picture of an all black screen at iso 400 using a 2s exposure time?

I also have a G10 unfortunately. After the lost of contrast, I find that my friend's XBR9 has darker blacks than my G10. So the C750 should be a bit darker too.

#55 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuyInTheChair /forum/post/18556934

I don't know what kind of cmaera you have.... but I want to get an idea of hw the black levels compare to my post black level rise g10

any chance you could take a picture of an all black screen at iso 400 using a 2s exposure time?

Here's a pic from a Canon Digitial Elph SD1100is; iso400, 2sec exposure. Original image size was 3264x2448 and resized to 800x600.

FYI, in person, the screen looks nowhere near this bright.

#56 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambooben /forum/post/18557506

Also, can anyone that has the TV hook us up with a good close up of the frame/bezel from the front? I zoomed in as far as you can on the Amazon product page, but still don't get a good view. I kind of want to know what the edge looks like all around the set.

#59 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambooben /forum/post/18563321

Thanks so much man!

But I still can't tell is that a clear frame around the edge or is it chrome? It looks like a shiny metal.

It's clear plastic....about 1cm border that goes around the entire set. The bezel looks nice and clean, but I still prefer the LG 9500 borderless bezel

#60 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpavs /forum/post/18564110

It's clear plastic....about 1cm border that goes around the entire set. The bezel looks nice and clean, but I still prefer the LG 9500 borderless bezel

That is where I'm at also.

Trying to decide if I should go with the Sammy Un55C8000, the LG 9500, or this 750. If I went with the 750 I could probably convince the wife to let me get the sound setup I want as well. If I get the others, at their price, I'm probably going to be stuck with the stock sound for a while

#62 ·
OK!

The LN55C750...what's wrong with it?

I'm looking to buy an LCD. There isn't a single LED edge-lit model that's up to my standards. I have an interest in getting a 3D capable display if possible. So this LN55C750 has piqued my interest.

Now, I'm no fan of glossy screen surfaces, so the LN55C750 has that going against it. But I'd like to know what other minuses it has. I saw one buyer said he was returning it and was disappointed, so I'm really interested to know what was wrong.

#63 ·

will post my opinions shortly

hopefully it doesn't disappoint like my 50g10 did

by the way gimpavs

you might want to go do a price protection at futureshop. They are giving the samsung bd-c6900 and 3d glasses kit free with 3d tvs right now

that's really what pushed me in to buying this tv over the b650 plasma

#65 ·
alright so after spending 5-6 hours or so with the tv here's my early impressions

Pros

- 3d on the cheap

- not LED so viewing angles are superb

- great automotion implementation(dejudder and blur reduction are seperately configurable and allow you to get a great image without the handycam look)

- 2d to 3d conversion is super good!

- lots of connections

- the tv will pause a blu-ray movie if you're watching and go in to the apps(this is probably just if oyu have a samsung player though)

Cons

- I've got some flashlighting(I believe that's what it's called) but it's only noticeable on an all black screen

- hard to get an accurate picture(though I assume this will be fixed when more people that know what they are doing here get their hands on it and post calibration settings)

- input lag..... almost impossible to play Gears 2 because it feels like there's a 1/3 of a second delay between when I move the stick to when it happens on screen

in the middle

- black levels.... they aren't as bad as I was expecting for an LCD but they aren't close to a plasma

- 3d... makes me feel sick when watching it but I know I'm in the minority

here's a few pics of Avatar on blu-ray on the tv

#67 ·
I used some settings from one of the B750 threads and I think they look great on the C750. I'm using this for HDTV, & PS3. Looks like theres a few new settings other than these on this model but I'm not sure how to adjust them. (thanks Steve)

SteveCallas' settings

Mode: Movie

Backlight: 5

Contrast: 100

Brightness: 48

Sharpness: 0

Color: 52

Tint: G50/R50

Black tone: Darker

Dynamic contrast: Off

Gamma: 0

Color space: Auto

Flesh tone: 0

Edge enhancement: Off

xvYCC: Off

R-Offset: 23

G-Offset: 23

B-Offset: 25

R-Gain: 24

G-Gain: 23

B-Gain: 27

Color tone: Warm1

Digital NR: Off

HDMI black level: Normal

Film mode: Off

Blur reduction: 10

Judder reduction: 1

Game Mode: Off

Energy saving: Off

#72 ·
I don't see any banding but I'm not sure what I'm looking for. I've gone threw many calibrations screens and disks and I don't see any issues. Black is pitch black, the black can't be any blacker. I don't see any issue at all. Before changing my settings to my previous post above my hdtv picture had some kind of shimmering effect going on but with my new settings everything is crystal clear.

In regards to the previous post about the shaking when changing channels I don't see that, maybe is the cable connection. I'm only using an OTA antena, not cable

#73 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiedee /forum/post/18571424

those are some really nice looking photos i would also like to know if you are 100% happy with your purchase or do you plan on getting something else? once again nice pictures.

I'm definitely not 100% happy

I'm gonna wait until my HDMI 1.4 cable arrives and I can test real 3d before I make a real decision on if I keep or buy. I'm definitely considering returning it though as the picture quality just isn't up to snuff with the Panasonic G10 that I replaced with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphykevin413 /forum/post/18571392

I used some settings from one of the B750 threads and I think they look great on the C750. I'm using this for HDTV, & PS3. Looks like theres a few new settings other than these on this model but I'm not sure how to adjust them. (thanks Steve)

SteveCallas' settings

Mode: Movie

Backlight: 5

Contrast: 100

Brightness: 48

Sharpness: 0

Color: 52

Tint: G50/R50

Black tone: Darker

Dynamic contrast: Off

Gamma: 0

Color space: Auto

Flesh tone: 0

Edge enhancement: Off

xvYCC: Off

R-Offset: 23

G-Offset: 23

B-Offset: 25

R-Gain: 24

G-Gain: 23

B-Gain: 27

Color tone: Warm1

Digital NR: Off

HDMI black level: Normal

Film mode: Off

Blur reduction: 10

Judder reduction: 1

Game Mode: Off

Energy saving: Off

thanks I'll try that out

#74 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmuzi /forum/post/18571498

A user from a German forum has a question:

switching programs lasts very long and after switshing to another program the picture shackes strangely för a moment. Is this normal behaviour?

Probably has something to do with his cable box. I had a Time Warner cable box that was notorious for that shaky picture on Samsungs.

#75 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuyInTheChair /forum/post/18572777

.....I'm definitely considering returning it though as the picture quality just isn't up to snuff with the Panasonic G10 that I replaced with it.

Thats weird. I own a 54G10 that was great at first. Now it sucks because the blacks glow gray on moderate to dark scenes. My friend has an XBR9 which I view regularly that has deeper black than my plasma after all of the Panasonic voltage increases. Considering that the B750 had the same panel as the XBR9, and the C750 is its predecessor, I find it hard to believe that a C750 has lower PQ than a G10 after voltage overdrive. So can you please explain in a little more detail what was better about the G10 you had?

#76 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony6225 /forum/post/18572847

Thats weird. I own a 54G10 that was great at first. Now it sucks because the blacks glow gray on moderate to dark scenes. My friend has an XBR9 which I view regularly that has deeper black than my plasma after all of the Panasonic voltage increases. Considering that the B750 had the same panel as the XBR9, and the C750 is its predecessor, I find it hard to believe that a C750 has lower PQ than a G10 after voltage overdrive. So can you please explain in a little more detail what was better about the G10 you had?

well there's a few things really

even after the black rise the my g10 still didn't have black levels quite as bad as this tv...... they were probably about even.

the g10 though had much better color and....I don't know how to describe it... like depth to the picture.

Tht said those are minor issues tha I can live with with this tv

the big reason I'm considering returning it is... #1 I get motion sick when watching 3d for too long

#2 input lag. There's like a 1/3 of a second delay. I don't know if there's a mode that will lessen this but it makes playing shooters impossible

Edit: nevermind I found how to enable game mode on the tv

this drastically improved the input lag

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.