AVS Forum banner

Official Samsung LNXXC750 Owners Thread

121K views 482 replies 132 participants last post by  Pocket Sand 
#1 ·

Just wanted to share a quick review/observations of the LN55C750...

Screen/Panel: glossy and reflective like its B750 predecessor. According to the SN label, this unit uses the "SQ01" panel. The box says the screen is "ultra clear" if that matters to anyone. The tv is currently set up in the attic with a lot of sun light, and reflections are very noticeable. With the drapes closed, daytime viewing is fine. The colours are quite vibrant and had the same type of "pop" as the B850 plasma and C8000 (they were side-by-side) in the store. However, the C750's whites were much whiter than the B850...but I guess that's inherent in LCDs.

Blacks: Caveat: I haven't had a chance to calibrate it, but out of the box, the brightness and backlight are set quite high. Turning these both down slightly allows the image to blend with the borders nicely. Haven't noticed bright spots in the corners, or any flashlighting and clouding while watching a few scenes from Planet Earth. Part of the reason I went with the C750 was that it didn't have the bright corners as the C7000/C8000 (and the fact that it was quite a bit cheaper as well).

Lag: I tried playing Modern Warefare 2 on my xbox (both on and offline) and noticed lag in normal mode. No noticeable lag with "game" mode on.

Remote: nothing special here...

Aesthetics: Clean look, with a 1.5" black frame and a clear plastic border. Not as striking as the C8000, however. The chrome stand is growing on me, but would have preferred the regular stand from 2009.

3D: no content or hardware to test. Based on the demo of Monsters v Aliens, i' think i'll hold off on adopting this tech.

Overall: the 55" is massive...I think it's way to big for my tiny attic of a room. The image is crisp, colours are vibrant and I like that fact that it's not edge lit. I like the fact that I do not have to use dongles to plug in component cables...and the fact that the power cord is NOT attached to the unit.

See less See more
#5 ·
I can't stop laughing. I have been looking for info on this TV forever, doubting it even existed, then you post these pics of the box and setup. NICE. Now, unfair! Where did you get it? 3D reviews pleeease

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrent /forum/post/18522854

For all the Canadians this TV is already available at Futureshop, and for the American's Amazon.com seems to carry them as well. I would post the direct links, but I have not obtained the three posts necessary to use this functionality.

I see the LN46C750 on Amazon, however, I don't see the LN55C750...

#9 ·
Wow, I didn't even know the 55c750 even existed. It didn't even exist on Samsung's own website the last time I checked. LOL.

Just looking for a bedroom TV anyways and 46" might even be too big for that, but happy for the rest of the folks that they can get a 55" version of this set.

It's a lot to ask right this soon, but I'm hoping someone can compare this with the B750. Besides 3D capability, is there anything about this set that is an improvement over its predecessor?

#13 ·

Quote:
I've been waiting for this...Samsung only announced the 46". Where did you pick this up? State?

I purchased this at a local "Futureshop" (parent company is Bestbuy) in Toronto, Canada.

Quote:
how does it compare to the C650, similar PQ?

and does it beat the leds?

I only compared it against the Samsung C7000, C8000, B850, Sony NX800 and EX701, as those were the units I was cross-shopping it with. I would have liked to have demoed the LG8500...but that isn't available in Canada (at least I couldn't any retailers that had it). Honestly, I'm not sure what all of the detailed specs are on the C750...I can't find anything online in terms of reviews, or even on Samsung's website. I purchased this TV based on how great the PQ is on the B750. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any B750s available...and have been waiting for its replacement for the past 6 mos or so.

The PQ, in terms of "pop" were comparable to the C8000 that it was mounted against. Keep in mind that I did not fiddle with the setting and that the input source was split across many TVs in the store, but side-by-side, the C8000 did not look like it was worth CAD$1,100 more than the C750 (unless you have to have that amazing looking bezel...).

Based on my prelim search, it looks like the C650 has pretty much everything that the C750 has, including the ultra clear SQ01 panel, except for the 240Hz refresh rate. So theoretically...the PQ should be similar? :S

Quote:
I can't stop laughing. I have been looking for info on this TV forever, doubting it even existed, then you post these pics of the box and setup. NICE. Now, unfair! Where did you get it? 3D reviews pleeease

I was in the same boat as you and took one for the team and bought this TV with no reviews, not knowing all the specs, etc. It just looked fantastic in the store. I wasn't all that impressed with the 3D demo of MvA on the C7000, nor do I feel like shelling out CAD$500 for the goggles. If more content (looking fwd to 3D games, though) and lower prices are in the near horizon, I may invest. Until then, I'll sit on the sidelines.

Quote:
It's a lot to ask right this soon, but I'm hoping someone can compare this with the B750. Besides 3D capability, is there anything about this set that is an improvement over its predecessor?

I really wanted the B750, but couldn't find any units last Nov., when I was shopping for a TV. The PQ looks to be at least the same from what I can recall. The only differences that I am aware of now is that it has an updated internet/widget interface and is Wifi ready. We'll see once Samsung updates their sites with more data...

Quote:
Good to know someone got this TV. I am highly considering it since I have been disappointed in Sony lately.

You and me both! I was excited for Sony's 2010 lineup, esp the NX800, but was disappointed by the cost, and the super-reflective (even more than the C750) front glass.

#16 ·
The PQ, in terms of "pop" were comparable to the C8000 that it was mounted against. Keep in mind that I did not fiddle with the setting and that the input source was split across many TVs in the store, but side-by-side, the C8000 did not look like it was worth CAD$1,100 more than the C750 (unless you have to have that amazing looking bezel...).

Based on my prelim search, it looks like the C650 has pretty much everything that the C750 has, including the ultra clear SQ01 panel, except for the 240Hz refresh rate. So theoretically...the PQ should be similar? :S

Also the C650 has 150,000 contrast ratio and the C750 has 200,000 contrast ratio

#17 ·
How much power consumption use this set? You see clouding? How is the sound, don't have a subwoofer? I see this set on the store vs the c7000 and to my eye's the color is better on this set. Sorry but all this questions but in my country only are the c7000 and this set with 3D and im looking for a 55'' set and I think this is better than c7000, i dont like edge LED.

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarris214 /forum/post/18526392

Also the C650 has 150,000 contrast ratio and the C750 has 200,000 contrast ratio

The 46 inch have 200,000 but i found the 55 inch model have 300,000 contrast ratio. Is on this page for latin american

http://www.samsung.com/latin/consume...etail&tab=spec

#19 ·
How much did you pay if you dont mind us asking.

I see the 46" version is now shipping from Amazon.com with a $1450 price tag. This TV does 3D right, with the glasses of course?

Cant believe you have it already and you are even playing MW2 on it!! AWESOMENESS!!!

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/22/s...tv-now-on-sale

we also have word that Amazon is shipping the 240Hz Samsung LN46C750 a few weeks ahead of its anticipated May ship date. Sure, it's not a super slim LED model like the rest of the 3D lineup, but at $1,450 (no glasses) it is the cheapest 3DTV we're likely to see anytime soon. Choose wisely.

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpavs /forum/post/18521113

Overall: the 55" is massive...I think it's way to big for my tiny attic of a room. The image is crisp, colours are vibrant and I like that fact that it's not edge lit. I like the fact that I do not have to use dongles to plug in component cables...and the fact that the power cord is NOT attached to the unit.

good info!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.