Official Sharp Aquos/Quattron LC-XXLE810UN/LC-XXLE820UN Owners Thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-03-2010, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I too did not receive any USB wi-fi stick as per cNet

Looks like its time to give Sharp a call and ask what the deal is

Edit: Sharps CS number is 1-800-BESHARP for the US

Movieguy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumon View Post

All BB TVs are now connected via coax cable. So I may suspect that there is an issue with their ATSC/QAM tuner.
Do you use RF input on you set at all?

Nope, I'm only using 1 HDMI input, with everything going through my Denon 2310.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy nightmares View Post

To the new SHARP owners...

Congratulations on your TVs and being one of the first people to get the new models. That's always exciting!

Have you done much gaming? Can you make any comment regarding input lag? Are you using 'Game' mode?

I haven't played games on it yet and am not sure if I will. However, input lag is consistently 30 ms via HDMI when using Game Mode or disabling all image processing (Motion Enhancement, Film Mode, Dynamic Contrast etc.).
Old 05-03-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjm@ View Post

Nope, I'm only using 1 HDMI input, with everything going through my Denon 2310.

Well... that explains it.
Does anyone watch clear QAM/ATSC content with this set?
I watch about 30% of my content via clear QAM, so it is important to me.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:

To the new SHARP owners...

Congratulations on your TVs and being one of the first people to get the new models. That's always exciting!

Have you done much gaming? Can you make any comment regarding input lag? Are you using 'Game' mode?

Check the input lag wars thread. I posted a couple of pics of the TV vs. CRT. The tests weren't totally perfect due to my setup, but even with the handicaps, the TV gets 30ms in game mode. From my experience, both PC and Xbox 360 games (when in game mode) play very well.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:05 PM

I went and checked out the 60le810un in two different stores today. In BB, I noticed that all of the 810un's where constantly studdering/glitching as-described earlier - it was VERY noticeable and happening quite a bit depending on content displayed. BB appeared to be using a coax connection. However, in the other store where they were using a component video connection, there were NO such issues, at least that I could see. It must be the connection. Also, I was surprised as to much more reflective the 810un screens were than the 60e88un screen right next to them...
Old 05-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunnic View Post

I went and checked out the 60le810un in two different stores today. In BB, I noticed that all of the 810un's where constantly studdering/glitching as-described earlier - it was VERY noticeable and happening quite a bit depending on content displayed. BB appeared to be using a coax connection. However, in the other store where they were using a component video connection, there were NO such issues, at least that I could see. It must be the connection. Also, I was surprised as to much more reflective the 810un screens were than the 60e88un screen right next to them...

Wait....you saw an E88UN at BB?
Old 05-03-2010, 03:44 PM

I'm looking to buy this tv too.

I have a few questions, any help would be appreciated.

Is there any comparaison between the 3 models?

I read somewhere else than it possible to directly read Divx via the USB connector, is that true?

What about DLNA, is it only available onthe 820 and 920?

Canadian buyers: Anybody ever bought a tv in the US? I was wonderring if it's worth it? The best price I could get is 2399$ CND for the 52" ... that's a big difference from the amazon.com price concidering that the US and CDN dollar are almost at the same value.

thanks.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patb View Post

Is there any comparaison between the 3 models

Sharps website

Quote:

I read somewhere else than it possible to directly read Divx via the USB connector, is that true?

International models can Domestic models cant (from factory), 810 and I think 820 wont play video from USB from factory, idk about the higher model.....this might be something that can be turned on thru the service menu....as soon as we see some help in this area

Quote:

What about DLNA, is it only available onthe 820 and 920?

Not on 810 and I think not on 820 for Domestic models, International I believe the 820 has it

Movieguy
Old 05-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjm@ View Post

input lag is consistently 30 ms via HDMI when using Game Mode or disabling all image processing (Motion Enhancement, Film Mode, Dynamic Contrast etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossenstein View Post

Check the input lag wars thread. I posted a couple of pics of the TV vs. CRT. The tests weren't totally perfect due to my setup, but even with the handicaps, the TV gets 30ms in game mode. From my experience, both PC and Xbox 360 games (when in game mode) play very well.

Nice. Thanks for the replies.

One day at a time...
Old 05-03-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony6225 View Post

Wait....you saw an E88UN at BB?

I recently ordered and received my E88UN from BB. They are only carrying them at Magnolia stores however. Very happy with mine so far, aside from some occasional issues with audio being out of sync with cable.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:03 PM

New firmware out for the LE810UN. I have the 46LE810UN. Downloaded the firmware, all went well. It maybe the answer
to the stuttering/glitching. I haven't been able to produce the
stuttering, after new firmware upgrade....

JuS a KiL'n tImE, MayHaPs Me tHiNks, TiS kIl'n Me...
Old 05-03-2010, 08:06 PM

Yes I believe I read that US versions of the 920 would play video, but some people were able to do it with the 810/820 - maybe they were international though. The tv does not have DNLA certification, but they said in online articles that it would still work just like DNLA for most router/computer setups for showing music or pictures... although some experienced minor issues with Macs.
I only saw the 810un in BB, but another competing store (Ultimate Electronics) had both the 810un and 88un on the showroom floor. I think you can still order 88un from BB Magnolia stores though if desired. I have observed very large ranges of prices for both of these models - online and in stores. I've seen the 88un much cheaper online, but I've seen the 810un much cheaper in stores than online... strange.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Advanced Member

Owners,

Can you please report on clouds or flashlights?

Thank you in advance.

One day at a time...
Old 05-03-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVBard View Post

New firmware out for the LE810UN. I have the 46LE810UN. Downloaded the firmware, all went well. It maybe the answer

That sounds good! Were you able to see shuttering/glitching before the update?
It seems that that issue was specific for the coax input (ATSC/QAM).
Are you using coax cable for over the air broadcasts or QAM cable?
Old 05-03-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Zimmer View Post

If you live in an area that has an Ultimate Electronics store, check on line for the price of the LC60le810un. You might be surprised..

Finally went to Ultimate Elec and noticed that price too - very competitive. Same as the one at PC Richard & Son I believe, only in stock!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

This must have been thru the TVs ethernet, right? Because I just checked Sharps website and there is no updated firmware out for any of the 810s

Movieguy
Old 05-03-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movieguy163201 View Post

This must have been thru the TVs ethernet, right? Because I just checked Sharps website and there is no updated firmware out for any of the 810s

Yes through TV ethernet. I tried yesterday and nothing, today
it downloaded new firmware....
I'm using HDMI cable, and did notice shuttering on some commercials.
With new firmware I haven't seen any so-far....

JuS a KiL'n tImE, MayHaPs Me tHiNks, TiS kIl'n Me...
Old 05-03-2010, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Can you give us the new firmwares # and the old firmware #?

I think its under identification......just for reference you know, Ill have to hook mine up tomorrow and download the update since Sharp is being slow at site updates for these TVs

Movieguy
Old 05-03-2010, 11:55 PM

Wow a firmware update already!
Old 05-04-2010, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Looks like Sharp nipped cNet in the butt pretty fast on their review, Im guessing a good number of people inquired about this and Sharp told cNet to modify their review

Old

New

Movieguy
Old 05-04-2010, 07:53 AM

Quote:

Yes through TV ethernet. I tried yesterday and nothing, today
it downloaded new firmware....
I'm using HDMI cable, and did notice shuttering on some commercials.
With new firmware I haven't seen any so-far....

I am just curious if it fixed that issue with the coax input.
Wish they had the firmware on the web site, so I could just try it in store
Old 05-04-2010, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Well I tried a USB wi-fi stick in a USB port and no luck on it working since I have wireless in the house

So I ran a long ethernet cable to the TV just to see if there was an update for my TV and there was

Heres the details
LC-40LE810UN

Original firmware (came with TV)
U1003021

New firmware (as of 5/4/10, checked again after firmware update as well)
U1003291

Movieguy
Old 05-04-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:

Can you please report on clouds or flashlights?

No clouds, no flashlights. I do have one spot about 12 inches from center at the 4:30 position that is a little brighter than the rest of my 52LE810UN, which is otherwise perfectly uniform. I really only notice the brighter spot in a fade to black in a dark room, and unless you're looking for it at that time, you might not see it. I'm pretty picky and have deemed it acceptable. I haven't seen anyone report a single flashlight or cloud issue so far, and I think I've read all the reviews and every comment on this set. It doesn't mean the Sharp doesn't have any for sure though...
Old 05-04-2010, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Put both Black, White and multiple color JPEGs up on the screen, no flashlights, no clouding, no nothing

Also to report, Sharp has put the 810 and 820 Owners Manuals online, the links below are direct download links

810 (all sizes)
http://www.sharpusa.com/~/media/CBF5...860161889.ashx

820 (all sizes)
http://www.sharpusa.com/~/media/F3F7...1D16EAAB8.ashx

Movieguy
Old 05-04-2010, 04:27 PM

is the screen matte semi matte or glossy

Jukebox360 does NOT own a g20/25. Please disregard all his settings/comments on the g20.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:31 PM

From the store, the Sharp 810 seemed to be semi glossy as it was not as glossy as the Samsung displays.

I love semi, its the best solution between matte and glossy.

I'm really a matte fanatic but the Sharp's display looks so damn good I dont mind the gloss.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:00 PM

I'm starting to think I need to get another unit. I've had some pretty bad lip sync issues with audio coming from the internal speakers adn I also have some pretty bad clouding as well. Don't know if makes a difference but I have a 60" 810.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:14 PM

torqvaw - sorry to hear about the audio issues. A poster on one of the other sharp threads (jchas41) has been reporting a frustrating lip/audio sync issue with his brand new 60e88un... strange that you seem to have it with the 60le810un too. I'm considering both tvs but haven't decided yet. Have you tried the new firmware update yet?

As for the 810un glossiness... it just seems bad to me in the stores. I don't mind the glossy screen too much on most tvs (LED or Plasma), but for some reason the 810's seems much more distracting - it has an almost ice or plastic like appearance. And the bezel is VERY reflective of ambient light in the store - more so than other glass/glossy tvs around it. For this reason, the 88un seems more attractive - it had a nice bright picture in the stores, without glare, and good viewing angles. I do like the nice colors, nice blacks, thinner frame, and swivel stand of the 810un though. Does anyone with a larger 810un (52-60in) have it in a room with lots of windows/lights? If so, do you find the reflections/glare off of the screen or bezel to be distracting? Thanks.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Per the lip sync issue

I talked to my cable provider about getting a new HD box because I have seen lip sync issues on some programming on some channels. The ones with this problem are mostly TNT and TBS (SD of these channels are fine tho)

I have the Motorola 6000 series box, I know they have a 7000 series box, talked to cable providers tech support about it and they said they have numerous complaints of this and that the problem lies with not the box but with each station and how it handles the handshake with each TV thru HDMI. They said they would be willing to swap out the HD box and give me the newer one or another older one, but that the newer one has more problems than the older one because it is newer.
They also reloaded the software for the cable box to see if that would help, they also told me if I see the issue again to hook up thru component and see if the issue was because of the HDMI (which is what they think it is) and sure enough, after I hook up the box thru component and find a out of sync show on TNT and switch from HDMI to component, no sync problems.

Also no sync problems with HDMI from 1080P upconvert DVD player.

I forget the exact phrasing or explanation for this but what they basically said was its not the fault of the box nor the TV but instead it lies with how each station broadcasts and how its handled over HDMI with the handshake.....dont know for sure if this is the case or not, but no lip sync problems so far over component.

BUT I am gonna switch back to HDMI to see if the newest firmware helped at all with this issue, but I doubt it since its been numerous issues with HDMI as per the cable provider.....not too big a deal, I was pretty sure it wasnt the TV all along and it was the stations or the box, perhaps Ill take them up on the offer and try a new box and see how it goes

Movieguy

Tags
Sharp Lc 46le810un Aquos 46 Inch 1080p X Gen Lcd Hdtv With Quad Pixel Technology , Sharp Lc 60le820un 60 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Edge Lit Lcd Hdtv , Sharp Lc 52le820un Aquos 52 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Lcd Hdtv