Official Sharp Aquos/Quattron LC-XXLE810UN/LC-XXLE820UN Owners Thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 2818 Old 05-04-2010, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the quick response movieguy... interesting news.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 2818 Old 05-04-2010, 06:13 PM

so guys how are you liking your sharp aquos quattron so far?

Are the colors really that eye candy?? I mean its been almost a week, does it still have the WOW factor?
post #93 of 2818 Old 05-04-2010, 07:59 PM

cunnic..

I loaded the new firmware last night and really hadn't had a chance to check it out until now. My first impressions are that it did seem to help the lip sync issue. It was painfully obvious before and now I can't tell if I'm imagining it or not. I could be as Movieguyis saying it depends on the channel. I'll try TNT and see how it goes.

As far as the screen goes I have mine located in a room with a lot of windows that the screen faces. I do get some glare on the screen but it's really not any more distracting that the glare was on the Sony I had in the room.

jjahshik32..

The colors on this beast really do pop. My EX500 looks very dull and drab to me compared to the Sharp. So to answer your question the colors are amazing imo..
post #94 of 2818 Old 05-04-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqvaw View Post

cunnic..

I loaded the new firmware last night and really hadn't had a chance to check it out until now. My first impressions are that it did seem to help the lip sync issue. It was painfully obvious before and now I can't tell if I'm imagining it or not. I could be as Movieguyis saying it depends on the channel. I'll try TNT and see how it goes.

As far as the screen goes I have mine located in a room with a lot of windows that the screen faces. I do get some glare on the screen but it's really not any more distracting that the glare was on the Sony I had in the room.

jjahshik32..

The colors on this beast really do pop. My EX500 looks very dull and drab to me compared to the Sharp. So to answer your question the colors are amazing imo..

Good to hear that its still amazing! Its one of the reasons why I want to upgrade to the Sharp but I'm on the fence right now about either keeping my 40" Bravia xbr6 or jumping for the 46" Sharp le810.

Everytime I go see a 46" and a 40" display at Best Buy I always dont notice much of a difference (I'm guessing the huge store is making all the hdtvs look puny) even the 52" looks kind of small there.

But I know once I bring in a 46" in this room it'll be a significant upgrade from my 40".

Right now I'm trying to decide whether keep my Bravia xbr6 40" and buy an Epson 8100 projector OR use my 40" Bravia xbr6 as a dedicated computer monitor and buying the Sharp le810un.

But putting the size aside, I guess I want something with a better image quality and the le810 seems like the right candidate. I want more of that color pop with the WOW factor and so far LED backlighting especially from the aquos seems like it would do the job.

I guess I wont know until I buy one and bring it home and play with it.
post #95 of 2818 Old 05-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
TNT is an explosive isn't it?

KakiC●l○r® Calibration w/ Calman

---------------------------------------------------------------

Current Setup:

*LG 55" LH95/LHX

-Semi-Gloss Coating

-Direct Backlit SlimLED w/ Local Dimming

-3360 LEDs w/ 240 Zones

*LG 42" LM7600

-Gloss Coating

-Edge-lit LED w/ Local Dimming

post #96 of 2818 Old 05-04-2010, 09:10 PM

@jjahshik
I'm still very happy with my 810 and I've had it for 2 or 3 weeks. I'm watching a White Sox game right now and I think it looks great. Hockey looks great. Planet Earth looks great...

@ movieguy
You may want to edit the first post and add links to reviews, such as CNet (when they get around to it), and the flatpanelshd.com review:

http://flatpanelshd.com/review.php?s...&id=1272005448
post #97 of 2818 Old 05-04-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqvaw View Post

I'm starting to think I need to get another unit. I've had some pretty bad lip sync issues with audio coming from the internal speakers adn I also have some pretty bad clouding as well. Don't know if makes a difference but I have a 60" 810.

Man, if I had clouds, I wouldn't think twice about taking it back and exchanging it. If I got two in a row with issues, I'd probably look at something else.

Any chance you could take a picture or two of the clouds (black background, lights off) and post them?

As has been said, I agree that lip sync issues have more to do with the station and less to do with the TV. I've seen it before and can corroborate that it appears to be station or perhaps even broadcast specific.
post #98 of 2818 Old 05-04-2010, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Well cNet and CR dont have reviews for the TV yet and the other review is on the 820 (I think its the european version as well) and not the 810

The original post was just supposed to be my take on it, Im sure if others search this forum for these models, they will find all the other reviews, especially when some people ask questions that were already discussed in the original post/review........like does this set have a glossy screen? I wanted to say, did you read the first post?

Movieguy
post #99 of 2818 Old 05-04-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjm@ View Post

@jjahshik
I'm still very happy with my 810 and I've had it for 2 or 3 weeks. I'm watching a White Sox game right now and I think it looks great. Hockey looks great. Planet Earth looks great...

@ movieguy
You may want to edit the first post and add links to reviews, such as CNet (when they get around to it), and the flatpanelshd.com review:

http://flatpanelshd.com/review.php?s...&id=1272005448

Thanks for the review, was very helpful. Wow its highly recommended! Man I might break down tomorrow and pick one up.
post #100 of 2818 Old 05-04-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KakimotoRift View Post

TNT is an explosive isn't it?

It's also a television station here in the USA. TNT = Turner Network Television
post #101 of 2818 Old 05-05-2010, 06:43 AM

Quote:

Man, if I had clouds, I wouldn't think twice about taking it back and exchanging it. If I got two in a row with issues, I'd probably look at something else.

Any chance you could take a picture or two of the clouds (black background, lights off) and post them?

As has been said, I agree that lip sync issues have more to do with the station and less to do with the TV. I've seen it before and can corroborate that it appears to be station or perhaps even broadcast specific.

I'll take some pics tonight and post them..
post #102 of 2818 Old 05-05-2010, 09:48 AM

Did anybody try OTA/QAM broadcasts with the new firmware?
Just wondering if it resolved the picture shuttering issue.
post #103 of 2818 Old 05-05-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumon View Post

Did anybody try OTA/QAM broadcasts with the new firmware?
Just wondering if it resolved the picture shuttering issue.

Don't know, but I wish Sharp would actually post a list of changes in the firmware.
post #104 of 2818 Old 05-05-2010, 04:07 PM

Quote:

Don't know, but I wish Sharp would actually post a list of changes in the firmware.

So is the stuttering or juddering of videos playing from std definition signal the only problems your having??

I'll use QAM probably on the sharp but I dont have a digital cable box but just use QAM. Would I have stuttering issues?
post #105 of 2818 Old 05-05-2010, 04:14 PM

The firmware update fixed the freeze issue i was having with my apple TV.

I am liking this Tv more and more as we use it. The color quality especially is just outstanding to my eyes and an improvement over the Sony we had.

I had read somewhere else that the color may actually be oversaturated, but if that's the case, I like it regardless.

My only minor gripe besides the size of the bezel (the sony is just a nicer looking set physically) is the shininess of the screen. We had to reorient our room to get it away from the window or it washed out too much in strong morning light.

I'm glad I swapped for it and with UE's price cut got a nice price match too. Might be the best deal going for a 60"
post #106 of 2818 Old 05-05-2010, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

So far no complaints about the TV also, I havent noticed any lip sync problems as of yet since upgrading firmware and switching back to HDMI (have no clue if its just the programming that is on or the firmware)

I also tried OTA digital signals again, Im still unable to reproduce anything that resembles what some of you are seeing at best buy

As of right now, I only have a few MINOR quibbles on some options left out, but the PQ and everything else is so far ahead of the Sonys I had, I can overlook those options being absent

Also, I believe the update also helped with the fine motion 120Hz because now on dedicated movie channels I can blast those settings on high without one hiccups being noticed, MGMHD looked great last night

Movieguy
post #107 of 2818 Old 05-05-2010, 08:09 PM

ok guys so here Is the deal.
I am super picky when it comes to tv's so here is what I picked up on after having the tv for 6 hours.

First off before you even turn on the tv and watch anything get the update!
I tried to watch hd history chans America the story of us and the crush that you see in the store is there BIG TIME! Even tried other programs all same thing.

Now after the update it was reduced 99% but I still see some split second freezing on some hd chans.

I found having the 120hz setting even on low is not good, turn it off.

The picture is pretty uniform I see very very light clouding/flashlighting but no where near the samsung/Sony LEDs, they are very very bad on cloud/flash issues. This is the best set so far on that issue.

Now the only other issues I saw so far have been the blacks, when its supposed to display a black it has a blue color to it, still messing with settings if anyone has an idea
to reduce this please post.

Video games, on a 360 I tried dantes inferno some slight jaggies again might be my settings. Going to try battlefield bc 2 tonight that will be the ultimate test. I will keep u guys updated.

Jukebox360 does NOT own a g20/25. Please disregard all his settings/comments on the g20.
post #108 of 2818 Old 05-05-2010, 09:11 PM

in low light situations as in a dark scene the black areas have blue dots filling in the black area

Jukebox360 does NOT own a g20/25. Please disregard all his settings/comments on the g20.
post #109 of 2818 Old 05-05-2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PussyVampire View Post

ok guys so here Is the deal.
I am super picky when it comes to tv's so here is what I picked up on after having the tv for 6 hours.

First off before you even turn on the tv and watch anything get the update!
I tried to watch hd history chans America the story of us and the crush that you see in the store is there BIG TIME! Even tried other programs all same thing.

Now after the update it was reduced 99% but I still see some split second freezing on some hd chans.

I found having the 120hz setting even on low is not good, turn it off.

The picture is pretty uniform I see very very light clouding/flashlighting but no where near the samsung/Sony LEDs, they are very very bad on cloud/flash issues. This is the best set so far on that issue.

Now the only other issues I saw so far have been the blacks, when its supposed to display a black it has a blue color to it, still messing with settings if anyone has an idea
to reduce this please post.

Video games, on a 360 I tried dantes inferno some slight jaggies again might be my settings. Going to try battlefield bc 2 tonight that will be the ultimate test. I will keep u guys updated.

Just curious if you've ever owned a sony bravia xbr series?

If so how do these sharp compare to an xbr series? I'm talking about in the pq of course but as well as black levels, motion enhancer (I actually like the sony's soap opera effect) and the colors I suppose. Are the colors really that much improved? I know taking and using one at home is way different than just seeing it at best buy where its not calibrated and very bright atmosphere.. But then again I was impressed at the store and if I'm right, I think the sharp would look out of this world at home.

Basically, how much of a wow factor do you rate from the colors alone? From a 1 to 10 rating. 1 basically being totally disappointed from the yellow pixel being a gimmick and 10 being totally blown away and became a true believer of the yellow pixel technology.

Right now I'm evenly divided between this sharp or an epson 8100 projector.
post #110 of 2818 Old 05-05-2010, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

You have to give more details in your review, because I have no idea what youre talking about

The CRUSH you see in the stores? Explain exactly what this crush is? After a FW update its gone but you still get some freezing? How is this related to this crush?

120Hz setting not good? What source/material are you using it on? Its all about content, we need to know such things

very very light clouding/flashlighting? Just to be clear, which is it? these are not the same, they are infact very different, do the edges show extreme amounts of light? All edges will have a minimal light coming from it (not much, should barely be noticeable, but not annoying at all), just how its works. Clouding.....white clouds on black screens? explain further

Blacks are blue and/or have blue dots? pixels? need to be more specific...

Games have jaggies....from what? What options do you have going on the TV? How is it connected? What system is it? Whats the settings on the system?

Need to know all this stuff to make sure its not operator error or bad terminology

Movieguy
post #111 of 2818 Old 05-05-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movieguy163201 View Post

You have to give more details in your review, because I have no idea what youre talking about

The CRUSH you see in the stores? Explain exactly what this crush is? After a FW update its gone but you still get some freezing? How is this related to this crush?

120Hz setting not good? What source/material are you using it on? Its all about content, we need to know such things

very very light clouding/flashlighting? Just to be clear, which is it? these are not the same, they are infact very different, do the edges show extreme amounts of light? All edges will have a minimal light coming from it (not much, should barely be noticeable, but not annoying at all), just how its works. Clouding.....white clouds on black screens? explain further

Blacks are blue and/or have blue dots? pixels? need to be more specific...

Games have jaggies....from what? What options do you have going on the TV? How is it connected? What system is it? Whats the settings on the system?

Need to know all this stuff to make sure its not operator error or bad terminology

From reading various reviews thus far, I thought that there could be no clouding with this edge lit led technology? I know flashlighting could be a problem (probably a very minor one) on the tips of the corners (and this actually bothers people! I'm talking about 1-2 mm flashlighting at the tips of the corners!! I find that ridiculous and I'm very picky as well, I've returned my xbr6 6 times lol) and very small flashlighting doesnt bother me at all really as its pretty common in all lcd technology, except the big ones from sony bravias lol.

I've been very lucky as I have no clouding or flashlighting on my bravia xbr6 and I feel pretty confident that it'll look even better on the sharp with the edge lit technology.

I'm just concerned about this jitter or jutter or whatever you call it issue. If the firmware update fixed it, I'm starting to lean towards this sharp.

I desperately NEED a bigger screen! Infact, the 52" sharp seems very light (in weight) compared to a conventional hdtv, I might even consider the 52" instead of the 46" now.

The 46" 810 Sharp weighs less than my 40" sony bravia!

Hey guys I have one question, do you guys know if the difference between a 40" hdtv and a 46" hdtv is different at the back of the tv (to mount). Are the screws to attach the mount the same size aspects? I'm asking this because I want to use my 40" hdtv mount with the 46" sharp. Since the sharp is actually lighter than my 40" bravia, I'm not scared at all to hang it up with this mount but my only issue is if the back mount (part that goes on the back of the tv) will even fit on the 46" sharp (dimension size difference?).

Or are they generally all the same size at the back of the tv where the screws are?
post #112 of 2818 Old 05-05-2010, 10:38 PM

ok let me try this again then

The flashlighting/clouding I'm speaking of is this. There are parts
of the screen which contain roundish circles that are lighter and brighter than other parts of the tv. Again not too noticable

The 120 hz creates artifacts on the screen using a motorala hd cable box

By crush I mean it looks like the picture is ripping apart just go to bb ad you will see very clearly what I mean. Its very bad. Again after the update I only see this issue on non hd commercials and one program so far.

Bright scenes look great dark scenes look bad.
I dont know how much more detailed I can get. A very very dark scene will produce lighter blue dots about a dime size in that black part of the scene.

On a all white screen such as best buy or advil commercials I saw the corners contain a blue area. Which also is very visable on xbox 360 mass effect 2

I personally cant live with these issues and I'm sad to say I will be returning the tv.

post #113 of 2818 Old 05-05-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:

ok let me try this again then

The flashlighting/clouding I'm speaking of is this. There are parts
of the screen which contain roundish circles that are lighter and brighter than other parts of the tv. Again not too noticable

The 120 hz creates artifacts on the screen using a motorala hd cable box

By crush I mean it looks like the picture is ripping apart just go to bb ad you will see very clearly what I mean. Its very bad. Again after the update I only see this issue on non hd commercials and one program so far.

I dont know how much more detailed I can get. A very very dark scene will produce lighter blue dots about a dime size in that black part of the scene.

On a all white screen such as best buy or advil commercials I saw the corners contain a blue area. Which also is very visable on xbox 360 mass effect 2

I personally cant live with these issues and I'm sad to say I will be returning the tv.

How about getting an exchange? What size do you have?

Also from the blue spots in dark scenes, are you sure it's not the source of the movies fault? Have you tried another movie with a dark scene?
post #114 of 2818 Old 05-05-2010, 11:04 PM

I have the 46. But from the store the 52 looks dull compaired to the 46.
Yes I have tried hbo movies hd and even saw this on MTV hd show

Trust me if you are picky this isn't the tv for you.

post #115 of 2818 Old 05-05-2010, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Id return it as well, blue dots the size of dimes? I think that is something I would notice, and I havent seen anything of that sorts. Corners that are blue, havent seen either. Artifacts on a cable box could be compression from the cable provider and not the TV tho, try the OTA signal and see if those still appear or a dedicated movie channel like HDnet or MGMHD

The flashlight/clouding you described in the beginning is clouding, roundish light circles on black screens, not flashlighting....I have not seen anything of the sorts especially when I loaded up white black and multi colored JPEGs just to check this and loaded them on the TVs USB, station broadcast cant be trusted

Id be interested in seeing some pictures of these problems tho, seems like alot of problems for one set to have

Movieguy
post #116 of 2818 Old 05-05-2010, 11:29 PM

as I said I'm very picky and I notice everything. I wish I didnt but I do LOL

post #117 of 2818 Old 05-06-2010, 06:25 AM

Quote:

I've mentioned that "crush" effect that you were talking about earlier in the thread. I could only see it in BB store (i don't own the TV yet) with the TV connected via coax cable. Were you seeing the same "crush" at home before the firmware update?
And what input were you on (HDMI, coax etc.)? So the firmware update did resolve the issue in your opinion?

Re the black level... What was you viewing environment (bright room, dark)? What was the backlight level was set to?
Was the OPC setting turned on or off? How about dynamic contrast setting? AV mode?
post #118 of 2818 Old 05-06-2010, 06:47 AM

Maybe it was a defective unit?

As for the 52" being dull compared to the 46", at my local best buy there was no 46" out for display rather there was a 40" and 52". Interesting that you say this because I too thought from the store that the 52" looked dull compared to the 40". I thought I was imagining things but perhaps not.

I'm so tempted to pick up the 46". But I'm still not decided as to an epson 8100 projector or a 46" sharp, both are at the around the same price. Actually the Epson 8100 projector is $200 more.
post #119 of 2818 Old 05-06-2010, 06:57 AM

Here is a pic I took of the clouding on my 810 last night. Upper left corner is a pretty bad flashlight. While this pic does show the clouding I've gotta say it doesn't look this dramatic in person. For some reason my camera somewhat exagerated it.

I don't know if this makes a difference or not but I took this picture not of a black screen off of another source. Instead I changed to an input without a source and snapped the pic off the blank screen. Needless to say I'm calling BB today to exchange...

post #120 of 2818 Old 05-06-2010, 06:58 AM

I am not sure what he meant by "dull", but it cold be just different AV mode that was selected on 52" set.
In theory a larger set could be a little dimmer at it's MAX backlight setting, as LEDs are not powerful enough
to cover a bigger area with the same light output. But who watches these TVs in torch mode at home anyway?
They are still too bright on the MAX settings even for a daylight viewing.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp Lc 46le810un Aquos 46 Inch 1080p X Gen Lcd Hdtv With Quad Pixel Technology , Sharp Lc 60le820un 60 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Edge Lit Lcd Hdtv , Sharp Lc 52le820un Aquos 52 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page