Official Sharp Aquos/Quattron LC-XXLE810UN/LC-XXLE820UN Owners Thread - Page 46 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1351 of 2818 Old 09-29-2010, 05:44 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Still waiting on any person to come forward with the service menu code

The code used for the CCFL LCD models for this year and last year do not work

If you decide to take this on yourself and call Sharp, do not outright ask them for the code, I would suggest telling them of an intermittent problem, and that perhaps a "factory initialization" might help with the problem. The real deal can only be done thru the service menu and they should be able to walk you thru it over the phone.

Im almost positive that video playback via USB is possible on the 810/820, its just the media player has to be unlocked just like the Samsungs and LGs, and to unlock them would only be an option in the service menu.

Movieguy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 2818 Old 09-29-2010, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by movieguy163201 View Post

If you decide to take this on yourself and call Sharp, do not outright ask them for the code, I would suggest telling them of an intermittent problem, and that perhaps a "factory initialization" might help with the problem. The real deal can only be done thru the service menu and they should be able to walk you thru it over the phone.

Im almost positive that video playback via USB is possible on the 810/820, its just the media player has to be unlocked just like the Samsungs and LGs, and to unlock them would only be an option in the service menu.

call em up movieguy, you can save me money by not having to buy a wd live
post #1353 of 2818 Old 09-29-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:

Ive called Sharp about this months ago. There is no code to access the service menu. You must have a device that hooks up to the RS232C port on the back to access the service menu. Thats all the information I was given.
post #1354 of 2818 Old 09-29-2010, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatio View Post

There is no code to access the service menu. You must have a device that hooks up to the RS232C port on the back to access the service menu. Thats all the information I was given.

Sharp is lying

Movieguy
post #1355 of 2818 Old 09-29-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:

ooooooooooooooooooh please let's make this happen!
post #1356 of 2818 Old 09-30-2010, 06:45 AM

Quote:

That feature is not part of the firmware or service menu on those models. Only 920/925. Trust ME, it isn't possible because I checked.
post #1357 of 2818 Old 09-30-2010, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2pass View Post

That feature is not part of the firmware or service menu on those models. Only 920/925. Trust ME, it isn't possible because I checked.

Ill tell you what, you post the service menu code, and once I have a look around Ill trust you

But until then I think Ill trust my gut, and my gut tells me that the Euro models have it, the newer models have it, and that the US models probably have it as well and its just disabled

Movieguy
post #1358 of 2818 Old 09-30-2010, 12:27 PM

More importantly, just give us the service menu code regardless if that feature exists or not!
post #1359 of 2818 Old 09-30-2010, 03:10 PM

I have played with the backplate screws on my 46LE820 and now can confirm this works - clouding is not actually gone at all but reduced to the minimum and totally neglectible now: backlight +16 in a dark room with subtitles on a black screen seems just barely noticeable. I was however unable to loosen all the screws... God knows what effort was applied to them in the factory, but none of my three different scredrivers were able to do anything about 2 or 3 screws, all I managed to do is deform screw treads so finally I gave up on them. Guess the warranty is gone anyway as my messing around is clearly visible now... nevertheless I'm pretty happy with the results.
If it was not for the bumped out stuck pixel, I might consider this set to be almost perfect.
post #1360 of 2818 Old 09-30-2010, 05:16 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by adani View Post

I have played with the backplate screws on my 46LE820 and now can confirm this works - clouding is not actually gone at all but reduced to the minimum and totally neglectible now: backlight +16 in a dark room with subtitles on a black screen seems just barely noticeable. I was however unable to loosen all the screws... God knows what effort was applied to them in the factory, but none of my three different scredrivers were able to do anything about 2 or 3 screws, all I managed to do is deform screw treads so finally I gave up on them. Guess the warranty is gone anyway as my messing around is clearly visible now... nevertheless I'm pretty happy with the results.
If it was not for the bumped out stuck pixel, I might consider this set to be almost perfect.

im not sure if i missed it but did you try all these things

http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Stuck-P...an-LCD-Monitor
post #1361 of 2818 Old 09-30-2010, 06:44 PM

There's a bunch of screws back there...can anyone pinpoint the ones that should be loosen a bit. Thanks!
post #1362 of 2818 Old 09-30-2010, 11:14 PM

Posting so I can be kept up to speed on playing video from the USB. Basically I JUST got the television and that's one thing I'm looking to do. I haven't cracked it open as I'm still in decision mode (even though I have it...). I am strongly considering going back and getting the Panasonic Viera 3d instead. Thoughts on all points are greatly appreciated
post #1363 of 2818 Old 10-01-2010, 03:27 AM

unknownuser200, thanks for your reply. I've actually tried only software solutions to unstuck it as front glass makes any attempt to apply pressure impossible... and overheating also does not seem to be a safe option to me. So that's it probably. Anyway the pixel is visible only on black and from 2-3 meters distanse is very hard to spot. In other words, it does not hamper at all, its just the fact that there it is, making my otherwise great set unperfect :-)

ercastellanos, you have to rotate small screws that you can find alongside the perimeter of backplate and not the big wall mount ones. Actually, there are three type of screws and you have to find the smallest. Rotate them counterclockwise for about 1/4 of a turn. I noticed that screws were tightened enevenly so for some of them I used like 1/2. But you have to understand that your manipulations might get spotted by service centers and void your warranty maybe - metal on the screws is kind of soft one. So do it on your own risk. Good luck!
post #1364 of 2818 Old 10-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Advanced Member

just pulled the trigger on the 40 inch 810 on amazon, price dropped significantly from seller Video & Audio Center, 4 left if you are looking for one
post #1365 of 2818 Old 10-01-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgie2323 View Post

Posting so I can be kept up to speed on playing video from the USB. Basically I JUST got the television and that's one thing I'm looking to do. I haven't cracked it open as I'm still in decision mode (even though I have it...). I am strongly considering going back and getting the Panasonic Viera 3d instead. Thoughts on all points are greatly appreciated

If that's the one thing, take it back or pony up another $100 or so for a external media player. If there's no fix for it as of yet it's probably not gonna happen anytime soon.

post #1366 of 2818 Old 10-01-2010, 07:54 PM

Who would want to play video from the clunky interface that this TV has? If you have a mac, get Plex and run dual monitors to the TV, it's the best solution for watching ripped content like mkvs. It grabs the coverart/description for all your stuff and makes it look legit.

If you have a PC, XBMC or google it.

now someone give us the service menu code! Why is it so well guarded?
post #1367 of 2818 Old 10-01-2010, 09:35 PM

I'll be extra careful loosening the screws! thanks for the info
post #1368 of 2818 Old 10-01-2010, 10:13 PM

Both good points. I will do some more research on that. I am going to keep the Sharp as I really do enjoy the picture, and will hold off on 3d probably until next year (if my kids let me)...

I was on maximumpc researching building a 3d computer and came across this article. It mentions the Quattron in there. Pretty poignant material, but I still like the picture quality

www maximumpc com/article/features/display_myths_shattered
post #1369 of 2818 Old 10-04-2010, 05:43 PM

is there another thread i missed for the 920/925 series owners?
post #1370 of 2818 Old 10-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownuser200 View Post

is there another thread i missed for the 920/925 series owners?

Nope, there isn't one. I guess we are waiting for the first real owner to start one and post pictures. That would be really nice. The best buy close to me says on the website that they have the 920 in stock (I am in canada). I went there last sunday and it was nowhere to be found unfortunately.
post #1371 of 2818 Old 10-04-2010, 06:50 PM

yeah it would be! im also curious to see if the 68" will be real in both 3d and none
post #1372 of 2818 Old 10-05-2010, 02:47 AM

Again regarding the clouding issue and loosening the screws.

I previously reported that is had helped a lot but after some time spent I must admist that it did not actually improve things that drastically. I noticed that the clouding gets worse as the set warms up, after running at max backlight setting in my case. I presume that my initial testings after the procedure were not entirely correct as I did not warm my TV at all. And maybe a placebo effect as well :-) Sorry if I mislead some of you guys reading my previous post.

It does not mean that this will not work for anybody else though. But I noticed some screws hidden behing the backplate and there is no way of loosening them if you are not going to take it off completely. I think that they are the ones that actually are responible for the excess pressure and thus clouding but there is no way I'm gonna go this far as to check this theory out.
post #1373 of 2818 Old 10-06-2010, 06:08 AM

Just checking in! I purchased the 46LE810UN last night and set it up. It's gorgeous and I don't seem to have any of the physical issues (clouding, L-shape, etc.) some posts describe.

I do have one issue. I have a lip sync problem on DVD movies unless I use the AV "Movie Mode." I've yet to update the firmware since I lack a thumb drive and my home internet connection is disconnected until tomorrow, so perhaps I'm jumping the shark by posting about it now, but nevertheless I'm still doing it I have my standard DVD player's video plugged into the TV's Component Inputs and its audio into my receiver's DVD Audio Coaxial input.

What confuses me is that the lip synch issue exists in the other AV Modes (Dynamic, Dynamic Fixed, Auto, Standard) for the same input but not the Movie AV Mode. Why would this be, assuming if Film Mode and 120Hz Motion Enhancement are on their highest settings in all of them?

edit: This is off topic, but I wanted to contribute my initial thoughts on the set's "input lag" for anyone searching about it. I have an xbox 360 connected to an HDMI input set to Game mode and there's none I can perceive in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Bad Company 2, or Halo: Reach. Truly amazing. Look no further for a HDTV that can handle games. It feels as every bit as responsive as my old Sony Rear-Projection HDTV.
post #1374 of 2818 Old 10-06-2010, 08:26 AM

Does anyone have any thoughts as to how this Sharp compares to the Vizio XVT553? Would love a 60 inch TV but the Vizio seems to be getting most of the positive press these days.
post #1375 of 2818 Old 10-06-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reznor_one View Post

You can see it on these pics (sorry for the bad quality) :

the shape of right side of the pillars leave traces in the dark area (on the left of the pics) during the camera traveling...

I see this kind of problem in almost every movies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reznor_one View Post

VIDEOS of the problem :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymc0nRGPotA
(noticeable in the end...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBdsHqKazmI
in close-up

I just noticed I am having this same issue in dark scenes. Shapes and people leave trails when moving in dark scenes. Looks just like your issue. And where as yours is an overseas model mine is a US model. Anyone have any thoughts?

And let me tell you what really sucks about this. I actually already went through a whole process of returning my first set (46LE810) for a second to get one with less clouding, then tried two more sets straight from Sharp in an attempt to get a satisfactory one and ended up sticking with the second set. Because I was so wrapped up in clouding and haven't had time since my life is consumed with college and my senior thesis and I just realized I had this issue a couple days ago. (The whole clouding issue went on from mid august to beginning of september before I told them not to worry about it anymore. I really don't want to have to go through it again. Too bad their product isn't as good as their customer service or they would be number one.)
post #1376 of 2818 Old 10-06-2010, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruizer View Post

I just noticed I am having this same issue in dark scenes. Shapes and people leave trails when moving in dark scenes. Looks just like your issue. And where as yours is an overseas model mine is a US model. Anyone have any thoughts?

And let me tell you what really sucks about this. I actually already went through a whole process of returning my first set (46LE810) for a second to get one with less clouding, then tried two more sets straight from Sharp in an attempt to get a satisfactory one and ended up sticking with the second set. Because I was so wrapped up in clouding and haven't had time since my life is consumed with college and my senior thesis and I just realized I had this issue a couple days ago. (The whole clouding issue went on from mid august to beginning of september before I told them not to worry about it anymore. I really don't want to have to go through it again. Too bad their product isn't as good as their customer service or they would be number one.)

that is terrible defect..........

Is anyone experiecing the same problem ? My friend did not notice any trailing effect on his TV so far .
post #1377 of 2818 Old 10-06-2010, 06:53 PM

I'm not experiencing that, thankfully.

I've updated my firmware and the lip synch issue still exists.
post #1378 of 2818 Old 10-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Advanced Member

hey guys I just got my 40 810 and I need some serious help with video calibration and settings. I will mostly be watching directv hd channels, and bluray so any help tweaking those would be great.

thanks!
post #1379 of 2818 Old 10-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Advanced Member

just found Andrews settings on page 32 and found them VERY helpful. Wow what a difference that made. I only tried the 3rd/last of his settings and changed Backlight to +3, Sharpness to +3 and Contrast to 31 instead of 29 and am really liking the picture. If anybody has other settings that compare please post them or link me to which page in this thread they are on.
post #1380 of 2818 Old 10-07-2010, 03:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by adani View Post

Again regarding the clouding issue and loosening the screws.

I previously reported that is had helped a lot but after some time spent I must admist that it did not actually improve things that drastically. I noticed that the clouding gets worse as the set warms up, after running at max backlight setting in my case. I presume that my initial testings after the procedure were not entirely correct as I did not warm my TV at all. And maybe a placebo effect as well :-) Sorry if I mislead some of you guys reading my previous post.

It does not mean that this will not work for anybody else though. But I noticed some screws hidden behing the backplate and there is no way of loosening them if you are not going to take it off completely. I think that they are the ones that actually are responible for the excess pressure and thus clouding but there is no way I'm gonna go this far as to check this theory out.

You weren't wrong in suggesting this at all, several years ago we had an industry professional technically share how MUCH of the clouding is caused and that often can be alleviated by slightly loosening screws and reducing the compression factor from over tightening during the assembly process and members have OFTEN successfully alleviated alot of clouding issues since regardless of Brand.

Of course common sense is that one shouldn't need much loosening to alleviate the compression of the bezel and panel area as we certainly don't want to overdo it and have things fall apart.

Samsung 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Panasonic 50E60 LCD's
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp Lc 46le810un Aquos 46 Inch 1080p X Gen Lcd Hdtv With Quad Pixel Technology , Sharp Lc 60le820un 60 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Edge Lit Lcd Hdtv , Sharp Lc 52le820un Aquos 52 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page