Official Sharp Aquos/Quattron LC-XXLE810UN/LC-XXLE820UN Owners Thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 2818 Old 05-08-2010, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
yes I see it, in all of your posts :-)

Jukebox360 does NOT own a g20/25. Please disregard all his settings/comments on the g20.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 2818 Old 05-08-2010, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Please read below and quit trolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by movieguy163201 View Post

Sounds more like operator ignorance to me....now please return to your Samsung owners thread

Movieguy
post #183 of 2818 Old 05-08-2010, 07:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
...ok fellas take a breath or two, your dragging down the thread
post #184 of 2818 Old 05-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Advanced Member

I've seen enough of the Sharp, Sony, and Samsung LED's in store to have a pretty good idea about the screen uniformity. There are 5 different BB's, an HHG, and a Sears all within 30 minutes from where I live. I've been to all of them within the last few weeks to observe what I could. I know it sounds a little obsessive, but I also know I'm not the only one. I dont make much money so I want to be sure I get the most out of it. Fortunately, issues like clouding and flashlighting are noticeable along the edges of a screen even when viewed on display in a brightly lit environment. I have not yet seen one Sony or Samsung edge lit LED from 09' or 10' that didnt have noticeable flashlights beaming out of the corners. On the contrary, I have not viewed one of the Sharp edge lit models that did have flashlights or major uniformity issues. FlatpanelsHD also had the same observations.
post #185 of 2818 Old 05-08-2010, 09:38 PM

that's awesome, however we know this set has flashlighting and clouding as we have pictures and posts about it.

Its a coin toss for every panel, however some panels have better odds to not have fl/clouding

Not one set on the market will never have these issues on 100/100 sets
I don't care if you spend $4000, if its led they all have the chance.

The only way at this point a company could say their set has no fl/clouding is if they tested every single panel and fixed the issue before they box it up. Never going to happen because that costs a lot of money and a companies fuel is called greed.

Jukebox360 does NOT own a g20/25. Please disregard all his settings/comments on the g20.
post #186 of 2818 Old 05-08-2010, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PussyVampire View Post

however we know this set has flashlighting and clouding as we have pictures and posts about it.

Who's this we? So far torqvaw has been the only one to post pictures of his problems, and if I recall correctly, we asked you to do the same but you could not be bothered to do it. People on this forum also have numerous posts and pictures of clouding and flashlighting on your Samsung TV set as well, so what does that prove?

So please, move yourself to the Samsung Owner thread and talk over there, this is the Sharps Owners thread, not the Sharps Renters thread, we dont need your trolling here anymore

Movieguy
post #187 of 2818 Old 05-08-2010, 10:29 PM

reading comprehension is a plus. Pictures AND posts.

It proves my last post, no led tv on the market has a set where 100/100 contain no flashlights or clouding.

Lastly, I will read this and post here as long as I want. Who do you think you are demanding another member stops posting on a thread?

post #188 of 2818 Old 05-09-2010, 01:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

reading comprehension is a plus. Pictures AND posts.

It proves my last post, no led tv on the market has a set where 100/100 contain no flashlights or clouding.

Lastly, I will read this and post here as long as I want. Who do you think you are demanding another member stops posting on a thread?

Glad to see you've done all the scientific testing for us already. By all means, post away.
post #189 of 2818 Old 05-09-2010, 06:39 AM

yes comsidering I tried at home 4 different led tv's in a 3 month span and spent about 20 hours at stores watching tv's I would say im qualified.

post #190 of 2818 Old 05-09-2010, 07:01 AM

So, after the most recent firmware update, seems that i have noticed a lip syncing issue with the cable box. I have my box hooked up component directly to the tv and an optical for when I want surround through my pioneer elite. When I switch to optical, zero lip syncing issues, when I switch to the rca cables on the back of the tv, syncing issues. It seems as though it is the actual connectors on the back of the tv in that they are lagging behind... anyone else notice this?
post #191 of 2818 Old 05-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

yes comsidering I tried at home 4 different led tv's in a 3 month span and spent about 20 hours at stores watching tv's I would say im qualified.

Ok you have pics to share with us then? Because if not, I'm just going to go ahead and disagree with how qualified you claim to be. Which other led's did you buy and then return in the last month?
post #192 of 2818 Old 05-09-2010, 11:44 AM

Yes there are lip sync issues I have noticed aswell. If this is something you can't live with take back the set, sadly I was forced to take mine back. But afterall I did wind up with a better set.

post #193 of 2818 Old 05-09-2010, 11:55 AM

Honestly I don't own a digital camera so pics are hard for me to get.
And if you want to know the models please read the thread you are making comments on, I have posted it already.

I'm not sure why you are demanding pics when everything I commented on are known issues.

Sharp is the only tv I know of that shipped with bad firmware, the picture would rip apart on every single program untill I updated firmware. Is this the kind of quality controll you want to bet your $1500+ on? How does a major company allow a tv to ship with such a back breaking issue.

Consider the known issues and have nightmares on the unknown issues.

post #194 of 2818 Old 05-09-2010, 12:07 PM

I've had the 46" for a week now.

I'm ecstatic about it.

But, I still am not satisfied with how I have the picture settings.

for me it just seems both too dark AND too bright.

anyone have any suggestions?

as I said earlier in this thread this is my first HDTV. I need all the help I can get with how to set it up for the best picture.
post #195 of 2818 Old 05-09-2010, 12:09 PM

Alright, I am new to these forums and I'm looking into buying a HDTV soon. I am also interested in both the latest Samsung & Sharp LED models. This will be my first HDTV purchase.

However, when I'm trying to find decent information I'm having to shuffle through all of PussyVampire's ridiculously biased posts. Seriously, just give it up. You've lost all credibility. By staying in this thread and talking bad about Sharp televisions you are actually making me more inclined to buy a Sharp.

For instance, You mentioned something that a Best Buy employee said to defend your stance. I also spoke to a Best Buy employee the other day and he didn't even understand what input lag was. How does that make you look? When you say stuff like that and continuously bash something based on little to no proof, I'm obviously going to disregard your posts and look for someone who actually spent time monitoring/researching the HDTV in question. From what I can tell you've provided nothing of value to this topic. Only hateful words on a TV that you cannot even back up with proof.

Just leave this thread if you have nothing else to offer besides bashing a TV for things you have no legitimate proof of yourself. You're only making the HDTV buying process harder and more confusing for people like me. Researching HDTV's and finding the right one for me is already hard enough.

Just stop it.

With that said, what has been the general consensus for input lag on the 810UN? I've heard 30ms, but I wasn't sure if that was with or without their "game mode" or not. Are any of you guys regular gamers that can provide input on this TV from the gamers perspective?
post #196 of 2818 Old 05-09-2010, 12:32 PM

Well I went and grabbed another 60" 810 last night. Got it home and fired it up and sad to say the clouding at first glance appears to be worse than my first set. However there are no "semi-circle" artifacts. I'm somewhat curious to see if the clouding changes at all though. My first set was about a week old before I even looked for clouding.

When I went o BB last night they had the 810 sitting beside the Panasonic s1 plasma. IMO the 810 blew it away. I tinkered with the S1 to try and get it to look as good as the 810 but couldn't. THe 810 had noticibly better blacks as well. Perhaps the S1 already had it black level rise...

I'll take some new pics tonight and post them afterwards.
post #197 of 2818 Old 05-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqvaw View Post

I tinkered with the S1 to try and get it to look as good as the 810 but couldn't. THe 810 had noticibly better blacks as well. Perhaps the S1 already had it black level rise...

An S1 display model probably has a lot of hours on it. Even some 2010 Panasonics that I've seen had underwhelming black level. The AR filter on S1s is also poor, so they don't look good in a bright environment -- they wash out. And Panasonics have very bad white balance with the default settings. Have you seen a PK550 yet? I saw one at Sears and thought it looked pretty decent, especially considering the price.
post #198 of 2818 Old 05-09-2010, 01:25 PM

well mr clutter first off what does one best buy employee have to do with the next. Are you saying they are Borg or something, all share the same mind? LOL

do me a favor guy, buy the sharp and get a sub par overpriced tv. I'm sure you will not be back to admit how right I was.

Torq dont stand for a set that has issues, trust me take it back. You shouldn't be paying thousands of dollars for a bad panel

post #199 of 2818 Old 05-09-2010, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutter View Post

However, when I'm trying to find decent information I'm having to shuffle through all of PussyVampire's ridiculously biased posts.

You can report him by clicking an exlamation point under his username and submitting a report. Hopefully moderators will not take long to block him from posting here.
post #200 of 2818 Old 05-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Honestly I don't own a digital camera so pics are hard for me to get.
And if you want to know the models please read the thread you are making comments on, I have posted it already.

I'll ask again. Please explain what 4 different models you had bought and returned so I can go back and see your input on them.

Quote:

I'm not sure why you are demanding pics when everything I commented on are known issues.

You're complaining about the firmware problems that were patched within a week of the product hitting the streets. Other than that, there are no known issues thus far concerning the edge lit Sharp models other than what has been reported in the FlatpanelsHD review, which was surprisingly good.

Quote:

Sharp is the only tv I know of that shipped with bad firmware, the picture would rip apart on every single program untill I updated firmware. Is this the kind of quality controll you want to bet your $1500+ on? How does a major company allow a tv to ship with such a back breaking issue.

Yeah, and Samsung is the epitome of quality control. I understand that you havent been around here for too long, but go back and read the Samsung threads for their edge lit models. Its one return after another. There are endless reports of things like multiple dead pixels, crooked stands, skipping frame interpolation, firmware fixes, the panel lottery, banding, judder, etc. When you attack Sharp's lack of quality control in comparison to Samsung's it just comes off as hypocracy.

Quote:

Consider the known issues and have nightmares on the unknown issues.

You are obviously entitled to your opinions. Its just that there seems to be an obvious bias in them. People come to this forum to make educated decisions with their money. Fanboyism just ruins that.
post #201 of 2818 Old 05-09-2010, 05:12 PM

Liked: 12
OK, I'm in the market for a new (larger size) TV. I currently have a 52" Sony XBR4 (probably 4 yrs old). I've been reading posts about all TV's on this Forum for weeks now trying to glean info. on which TV to buy. I've looked at Best Buy and Costco (not a lot of places where I live). Anyway, in wanting a larger TV (after all my reading) I was almost ready to change over to a Plasma but then read Samsungs "buzz" and Panasonics have "floating blacks, black levels rising", etc. I've also read about a lot of problems with the newer LED TV's (especially edgelit). My head is bursting.

Here's my opinion (so far) of what I've actually been able to SEE in person. At Best Buy, the new SHARP QUATTRON 46 & 60" had by far the BEST picture/COLOR (to my surprise) I've ever seen on an LED. But, and this is a big butt, the picture had the jittering problem that I've read about here and some clouding (or movement-hard to explain) on the person's arm in the picture. And it was BAD. I would be very scared to buy it after seeing that so I'm still reading and will go out again to look next week. I thought the SHARP QUATTRON actually had a better picture than the plasmas.

At my local Costco, the TV with the very best picture was a Samsung 55C6400 (or something like that). It was bright, sharp, the clarity was great. I mean it was danged nice.

So now I'm back to square one. I've always had Sony's and I'm telling you my 52XBR4 has the blackest blacks, beautiful colors, no issues like flashlighting/clouding, rising or floating blacks (lol). I'm so confused now. The more I read the more confused I get (of course blonde here so be easy on me).

I think I'm down to this. Plasma (probably Panasonic over Samsung), OR, Samsung C6400 (or comparable) LED, OR, Sharp Quattron LED. Whew, I'm exhausted. Thanks for listening.
post #202 of 2818 Old 05-09-2010, 05:53 PM

janice that's what I'm trying to tell people here aswell.
Sharp has just as much clouding as any other.

And the samsung you speak of is the same as the 6300. However they call the price club models the 6400.

I would advise you to stay away from the plasmas because they are a lot of work. Most people here will tell you to hook up a USB with slides and run it for 100 hours to get the pixels right and uniform. They say if you dont ir or burn in could happen easier. Also the panisonic plasmas as you say have a confirmed floating black issue as well as the rising issue which no one can give solid facts on yet as too how good or bad it really is. More time is needed.

The safe bet is an led set.
You read my suggestions so I will not post them again.

Good luck in whatever you choose and please let us know how it goes

post #203 of 2818 Old 05-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
janice805,

I wouldn't have said this a year ago, but don't rule out LG if you're considering a plasma. I don't own a PK550, but after seeing one in a store (side-by-side with other plasmas) and reading some reviews, it seems to be a pretty solid display -- and it's inexpensive. LG plasmas have IR issues, and the black level certainly isn't Kuro-esque, but the PK550 seems like a pretty good TV.

As for the 810, I thought the colors looked pretty bad. Again, I don't own one, but I saw ~4 810s in a couple different stores, and the color (with default settings) didn't look good. The LGs seemed to be the best, maybe followed by Sony. Some of the lower tier brands like Insignia looked horrifically bad, while the 810 was somewhere in the middle. The LG LE8500 and Samsung B8500 both looked great.

You didn't specifically say what size you're wanting to buy. The unreleased Sony HX900 will hopefully be a very nice TV. But it looks like 52" will be the largest size. If you're wanting something over 55", then your LCD options may be pretty limited.
post #204 of 2818 Old 05-09-2010, 06:25 PM

Janice - just to reiterate, the studdering/jittering that you see on the sharp quattrons in the stores seem to be a problem with the coaxial hookup some stores use, combined with the default fine motion / blurr reduction mode on the tv. I've seen it too. If you go into the tv menu and change the default display mode and shut off the fine motion enhanced feature, the jitters on the picture will go away. Supposedly the latest firmware update for the tv also addresses the problem.
My biggest issue with the tv is the glare on the screen - one of the worst I've seen... but makes for very good blacks and off-angle viewing. The 60e88un is a lot cheaper, has a great picture, but doesn't have the quattron technology and is a thicker lcd (not led) - the glare is better though.
I agree - the samsung 6300/6400 series leds have a tremendously good picture - at least head on - but they haven't released the 60" version yet for me to try!
Good luck.
post #205 of 2818 Old 05-09-2010, 06:26 PM

PV, appreciate the input from everyone on these forums. The only "clouding" I was talking about with the Quattron, was some kind of movement within the "areas with color", in this case the "arm". And it was very noticeable sitting amid the other TVs. I've just never seen it before (except in dark areas). Maybe clouding wasn't the right word. I was more worried about the jittering screen. I'll go out next week and look at all the TV's again. Other than those 2 issues, it did have a beautiful/colorful picture.

P.S. I don't know what all the bickering is about on this forum, but I do have to agree with you on that particular Samsung, if it's the same one I saw at Costco. Of course, viewing there isn't like at home. Maybe it also would have blooming, flashlights, etc. LOL
post #206 of 2818 Old 05-09-2010, 06:39 PM

Thanks all. I am looking for something "larger" than my 52" (like 55 or 58 to 65"), which from all my reading, seems to be driving me towards a Plasma. Something I wouldn't have even considered a year ago. The internet is a wonderful thing. You don't have to depend on sales people or professional reviews. You can actually read reviews/opinions of those who own those TV's and/or have done their own research, and pick up on potential problems, or what's great other there. Life is good. Now, if I can just find the right TV (lol).
post #207 of 2818 Old 05-09-2010, 07:44 PM

PV, you seem to have a huge problem with the sharps, and i don't quite think that degree of hatred is warranted. For example, you claim the samsungs are the way to go ect, however, I had HUGE issues with samsung and their total lack of quality control (for their 2009 model tvs). The sharps at a larger size do seem to have some clouding issues, yes, however, not nearly bad enough to be branded as a horrible overpriced issue box. Lip syncing is annoying, however, it's hard to say it's completely the tv when I didn't notice a problem before, and then now I do, but only through the RCA input and not optical. So you can't make wholesale judgments against the tv and sway people away when these are issues that have to be analyzed closer.
post #208 of 2818 Old 05-09-2010, 07:46 PM

Picked up the 40LE810UN at BB today, looks like they just got them in stock and I was able to use a 10% off coupon.

First thing I did was check for a firmware update which there was, I like how it connects to the internet and d/led it automatically.

Over all I've very pleased with the TV and the price was right, a few things I liked and didn't like below.

Things I like so far:

Slim slim slim, this thing is ridiculously slim.

Picture is amazing, I'm using this as a bedroom tv (upgrade from a 2 year old Samsung LCD).

Speakers seem really good, and color reproduction is great. I watched Startrek on Blu-Ray and it looked amazing. Though at first it looked almost like a slideshow had to turn "Film Mode" to off.

Things I don't like so far:

The power cable is not removable, no excuse for this, makes it like 100 times harder to run the cable through the wall, all my Samsungs had a removable powercord so you could run it through the wall then connect it.

I wish the speakers were integrated into the bottom of the bezel rather then a separate section, it makes the TV looks a bit larger then it needs to be on the bottom.

Ran the auto channel search and it literally came back with about 100+ channels that are blank. I'm going to have to manually remove a lot of these.

Also I mounted the TV, and for some reason I can't get it 100% straight, I can't tell if the holes are off or what, but I've tried adjusting the mounting brackets like 10 times now.
post #209 of 2818 Old 05-09-2010, 08:16 PM

quick update on the syncing issue... so i have comcast cable , and you all now know that I have been experincing the syncing issue using component, but not when I have component video and optical audio to a receiver. Well i hooked up hdmi direct from the box to the tv and i get some syncing issues, and real bad with the hdmi to receiver to tv. Conclusion, my crusade against comcast is continuing and it's gotta be this box... maybe something is up with their server, who knows... i may do a reboot of my modem... but this would answer why i noticed just a day ago...
post #210 of 2818 Old 05-09-2010, 08:40 PM

I'm looking for a 60 Sharp quattron but looking others for their feedback regarding . I also found another review of 46 le821e.
Here are some of the highlights but you can read it in entirety @ reghardware.co.uk

But it's that extra yellow pixel that is the star turn here. To see how much difference this made I set up the 46LE821E sitting right next to my Samsung telly. My initial impression wasn't particularly favourable, as the default viewing mode, Standard, struck me as rather dark and dull.
However, using the remote control to cycle through the additional viewing modes quickly livened the image up, and there are extensive on-screen menu options for fine-tuning the image further if required.
With the two TVs sitting next to each other, the thing that became immediately obvious was how harsh and garish the colours on my Samsung set now appeared. The 46LE821E produced much subtler and more realistic colours, especially on skin-tones
Sharp claims that gold is a particularly difficult colour for conventional RGB sets to reproduce and, as luck would have it, there was a scene in a recent episode of Doctor Whoon BBC HD that was set in a cave with strong golden-yellow backlighting. The colour reproduction on this scene really was striking, suggesting that Sharp might indeed be on to something with its yellow-pixel technology.

Even so, there's still some room for improvement in a couple of areas. The contrast could have been a little better on deep blacks, and the audio quality was little more than average. The 20W stereo speakers are quite loud but the bass output sound rather thin, despite the inclusion of a built-in 15W sub-woofer.

Verdict
Sharp's Quattron technology really does produce excellent colour reproduction, and it's good to see Sharp doing something genuinely innovative at a time when all its rivals are following the 3D bandwagon like a herd of sheep.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp Lc 46le810un Aquos 46 Inch 1080p X Gen Lcd Hdtv With Quad Pixel Technology , Sharp Lc 60le820un 60 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Edge Lit Lcd Hdtv , Sharp Lc 52le820un Aquos 52 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page