Official Sharp Aquos LC-60E88UN Owner's Thread. - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 1532 Old 06-18-2010, 03:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Also, does anyone know if the LC-60E88UN has an audio return channel on any of the HDMI Inputs?

I would be really cool if audio went back to my receiver via the HDMI input when watch digital tv broadcast, and then I can run one less cable that will only be occassionally used.

Thanks for the help!
Brett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 1532 Old 06-18-2010, 04:45 PM

I just received my LC-60E88UN today from Dell. My previous TV was a Toshiba 42HL67 and this tv required a lot less tweaking to get it to look good. I used the AVCHD disk for my initial setup and then I found the review for the LC-60E77UN at hometheatermag.com from February. The settings from the review were very close to what I had found with the AVCHD disk except I added + 3 for sharpness. I also didn't mess with the gain on my initial setup but so far the settings from the review are looking very good.
post #183 of 1532 Old 06-19-2010, 09:47 PM

I just ordered another Sharp LC-60E88UN from Abe's of Maine, it cost me a little more than the one with dell with Bing cash back, but I also got a free Wall mount that I'll prob end up using so in the end its really close to a wash on price. Spending a little extra and not giving dell my business or having to deal with there terrible customer service makes it worth it to me in the end anyways.

I posted before but so people know dell lost my order and then tried to replace it with a Sony that was a downgrade in features and didn't even contact me to let me know they where doing this. So now I have to wait for a TV to arrive that I didn't order because they wont just call it back, so now I have to return it to get my money back. A HUGE waste of my time and incredibly poor customer service throughout the entire purchase process from dell. Starting at the delivery date to just flat out not fulfilling there end of the agreement and providing the TV that was purchased and paid for.
post #184 of 1532 Old 06-19-2010, 10:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durzil View Post

I posted before but so people know dell lost my order and then tried to replace it with a Sony that was a downgrade in features and didn't even contact me to let me know they where doing this. So now I have to wait for a TV to arrive that I didn't order because they wont just call it back, so now I have to return it to get my money back. A HUGE waste of my time and incredibly poor customer service throughout the entire purchase process from dell. Starting at the delivery date to just flat out not fulfilling there end of the agreement and providing the TV that was purchased and paid for.

what was the problem when the order 1st went bad ? was it a lack of communication ? no shipping emails ?
I ordered mine last week from Dell have not heard a Peep out of them yet, since the conformation email that Dell got my order ,all my order #'s info is saying the set is in production .. No way do I want a Sony or any other set but this one ..
i have 2 other Sharps the LC-42D85U & a LC46D85U & I am very pleased with these TV's
the 42" will be sold to a co-worker & the 46" will go into the bedroom ,when I get the 60" no matter WHO I buy it from I want this TV .

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #185 of 1532 Old 06-20-2010, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

what was the problem when the order 1st went bad ? was it a lack of communication ? no shipping emails ?
I ordered mine last week from Dell have not heard a Peep out of them yet, since the conformation email that Dell got my order ,all my order #'s info is saying the set is in production .. No way do I want a Sony or any other set but this one ..
i have 2 other Sharps the LC-42D85U & a LC46D85U & I am very pleased with these TV's
the 42" will be sold to a co-worker & the 46" will go into the bedroom ,when I get the 60" no matter WHO I buy it from I want this TV .

I followed the tracking of the TV closely it shipped after 48 hours, problems started when the delivery date came and went and no TV, finally I got from the carrier that my TV was stolen. I contacted dell to ask them about this and for a new TV which they assured me I would get and with upgraded shipping. They then proceeded to ship the Sony without discussing it with me with standard economy shipping. The reason they shipped the Sony instead of another Sharp is they ran out of the Sharp TV's (probably because of the awesome deal) and don't know when they will be getting any more in.

I noticed that amazon also isn't selling them from amazon anymore and the price went up and is now a 3rd party vendor with only 1 left. I'm guessing that since these are such a bang for buck deal that they have gone quick and I'm wondering if maybe initial stock wasn't very high on them in the first place.
post #186 of 1532 Old 06-20-2010, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayescraze View Post

I just received my LC-60E88UN today from Dell. My previous TV was a Toshiba 42HL67 and this tv required a lot less tweaking to get it to look good. I used the AVCHD disk for my initial setup and then I found the review for the LC-60E77UN at hometheatermag.com from February. The settings from the review were very close to what I had found with the AVCHD disk except I added + 3 for sharpness. I also didn't mess with the gain on my initial setup but so far the settings from the review are looking very good.

Good call with the setting from the previous model. I can say they really do look much more natural. If you end up tweaking the settings anymore and find success with some of the color specific levels please be sure to post. I am just amazed by the pic of this TV with HD feeds. How you can beat this price for a 6 LCD is beyond me. The sound is terrible but a soundbar does the trick easily.
post #187 of 1532 Old 06-22-2010, 03:56 PM

HDMI and Sound Issues
I have had my LC-60E88UN for about 2.5 weeks now and really like the picture. My less than two year old LC-65D93U was starting to fade just a bit and the 120 Hz refresh was not that good. Every time I turn on the 88UN I get the HDMI failure window for about a second. I am driving it with a Cisco RNG200 HD DVR from Comcast. Anyone else have this issue? Secondly, I was running from the 88UN optical audio out to my Panasonic home theater and noticed a video to audio sync issue which was not there on my D93U. I called Sharp and all they told me was they recommend coming directly out of the source for optical audio. I did connect directly out of my HD DVR and the sync issue disappeared. But, I now have to switch my optical audio because my home theater only has one input and I have added a blu ray player to the mix. Anyone else notice this sync issue and have any solutions?

I talked to Sharp again and the HDCP message was due to using input number 6. I switched to input number 7 and the HDCP message went away. Still baffled regarding the use of the TV's optical output if it is not going to be synchronized with the video. Perhaps it only works on direct cable connect or OTA transmissions.
post #188 of 1532 Old 06-22-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:

I followed the tracking of the TV closely it shipped after 48 hours, problems started when the delivery date came and went and no TV, finally I got from the carrier that my TV was stolen. I contacted dell to ask them about this and for a new TV which they assured me I would get and with upgraded shipping. They then proceeded to ship the Sony without discussing it with me with standard economy shipping. The reason they shipped the Sony instead of another Sharp is they ran out of the Sharp TV's (probably because of the awesome deal) and don't know when they will be getting any more in.

I noticed that amazon also isn't selling them from amazon anymore and the price went up and is now a 3rd party vendor with only 1 left. I'm guessing that since these are such a bang for buck deal that they have gone quick and I'm wondering if maybe initial stock wasn't very high on them in the first place.

Now I am a bit concerned. I ordered my LC-60E88UN from Dell almost 2 weeks ago. The delivery date shows Friday the 25th, but it says it is still "in production", so are they planning to overnight me something??? I doubt that.

If they offer me something else it better have 60 inches or more viewing area or my wife will spontaneously ignite. I think I had better waste some of my life and give them a call. I was so close to ordering through Abe's of Maine, now I wish I had, unless they send me soon what I ordered or a worthy replacement.
post #189 of 1532 Old 06-22-2010, 10:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajabon View Post

Now I am a bit concerned. I ordered my LC-60E88UN from Dell almost 2 weeks ago. The delivery date shows Friday the 25th, but it says it is still "in production", so are they planning to overnight me something??? I doubt that.

If they offer me something else it better have 60 inches or more viewing area or my wife will spontaneously ignite. I think I had better waste some of my life and give them a call. I was so close to ordering through Abe's of Maine, now I wish I had, unless they send me soon what I ordered or a worthy replacement.

I'm in the same Boat as you a promised 25th delivery date & not even a shipping email & my order is in production also ... I gonna wait & see ...the deal is Soo good that I'm not in a hurry But I only want the 88un 60" or bigger
If the dell deal falls thru then I'll order from another dealer .. as everyone will get restocked about the same time & the deals will come back ......

Mike

post #190 of 1532 Old 06-23-2010, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

I'm in the same Boat as you a promised 25th delivery date & not even a shipping email & my order is in production also ... I gonna wait & see ...the deal is Soo good that I'm not in a hurry But I only want the 88un 60" or bigger
If the dell deal falls thru then I'll order from another dealer .. as everyone will get restocked about the same time & the deals will come back ......

I just got an email from Dell detailing the following:

We wanted to let you know that there is a delay with one or more items in your order.

Based on the latest available information, we have adjusted the estimated delivery date and are confident your order will be delivered on or before this new date. (see Revised Estimated Delivery Date below)

Revised Est.
Delivery Date
07/19/2010

Wonderful!

Now I wonder if DELL will get any restock of this TV. A poster earlier said that Sharp's customer service was unable to send a replacement and so they sent him a Quattron. Actually, they are probably still making the 88UN, so it is probably just a matter of replenishment. Our TVs are probably just now coming off the line in the factory outside of Osaka.
post #191 of 1532 Old 06-23-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:

We wanted to let you know that there is a delay with one or more items in your order.

Based on the latest available information, we have adjusted the estimated delivery date and are confident your order will be delivered on or before this new date. (see Revised Estimated Delivery Date below)

Revised Est.
Delivery Date
07/19/2010

Wonderful!

Now I wonder if DELL will get any restock of this TV. A poster earlier said that Sharp's customer service was unable to send a replacement and so they sent him a Quattron. Actually, they are probably still making the 88UN, so it is probably just a matter of replenishment. Our TVs are probably just now coming off the line in the factory outside of Osaka.

This is a dealer TV, I called Sharp as well to see about ordering one and they only deal in the LED's online it seemed like.
post #192 of 1532 Old 06-23-2010, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Revised Est.
Delivery Date
07/19/2010

Wonderful!

I have got the same email & delivery date as you have Dajabon .
@ least we'll get what we want & @ a killer price

Mike

post #193 of 1532 Old 06-23-2010, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
The only thing I would be leery of is you already received one delivery notice pushing it out nearly a month from now. Whats to say in 2 weeks you won't get another notice pushing out another month?
post #194 of 1532 Old 06-23-2010, 11:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topr View Post

The only thing I would be leery of is you already received one delivery notice pushing it out nearly a month from now. Whats to say in 2 weeks you won't get another notice pushing out another month?

Just have to watch my Sharp 46" a little longer that's all for the price I'll wait ....

Mike

post #195 of 1532 Old 06-23-2010, 11:58 PM

Got my LC-60E88UN yesterday! when I did the channel search it did not get the digital channels, Yes I did the eazy set up choose english- home-Cable-Digital and analog search but only got Analog channels, we have a 42 vizio and 2 sonys 32 and they get the digitals an analog channel with the same cable (77 analog and 22 digital). I called Sharp and they have no idea.

The cable company I have is a private company who deal with Homeowners associations its name is HBL Communications they Receive Dish network signal in Our Community With big satellite Dishes and send the signal thru underground cable to each home thats for the basic cable if you prefer digital programing they install a dish converter box. check them out here http://hblcommunications.com/

I think the Sharp tuner does not work with this signal
This is the second TV set, I return the first one thinking that was something wrong with the tuner. When I called called sharp for the first one we did a lot of tweeking over the phone but everything seems to be OK. I did Firmware update on both.

Any Clues???
post #196 of 1532 Old 06-24-2010, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Get a little 10.00 indoor antenna from the Shack and use the same channel search method you did with current provider and see what happens.
post #197 of 1532 Old 06-24-2010, 10:17 AM

I did that, all I got is the OTA channels. thats it.

Thanks!
post #198 of 1532 Old 06-24-2010, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

That sounds right...I don't own this display but my guess would be there is an option somewhere in the channel scanning menu that is being missed. If it was an issue with your provider it makes sense that they have dealt with it by now. Perhaps they might have some insight.
post #199 of 1532 Old 06-24-2010, 10:41 AM

I walked thru several times with Sharp people over the phone and they said it could be the type of signal they are using but the funny thing is all the other sets in the house work fine. I think is the Sharp Tuner, to weak??
post #200 of 1532 Old 06-25-2010, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Dell now has these on their site , to buy agin ! Soo new stock is available,looks like I'll get mine on or before the 12th
no shipping email yet ...........
keep watching the site as they will mark them down like last few times they had them up

Mike

post #201 of 1532 Old 06-26-2010, 05:27 PM

Has anyone seriously considered the Sony KDL-60EX500? I have been wondering how it stacks up against the LC-60E88UN with regards to picture quality and included speaker quality. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I am aware that the Sony KDL-60EX500 has 120 Hz and this Sharp has 240 Hz, but I have read that when a manufacturer implements 120 Hz and anti-judder that there is no real discernible difference between 120 Hz and 240 Hz.

I followed Durzil's lead and canceled my order with Dell on the LC-60E88UN (it wasn't that great a deal after Texas state tax anyway). Now I am reconsidering my options and this Sony, the Sharp LC-60E77UN, and the Sharp LC65D64U seem to be those we are considering. Everything else is too expensive. Any advice would be much appreciated.
post #202 of 1532 Old 06-27-2010, 02:32 AM

Quote:

Has anyone seriously considered the Sony KDL-60EX500? I have been wondering how it stacks up against the LC-60E88UN with regards to picture quality and included speaker quality. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I am aware that the Sony KDL-60EX500 has 120 Hz and this Sharp has 240 Hz, but I have read that when a manufacturer implements 120 Hz and anti-judder that there is no real discernible difference between 120 Hz and 240 Hz.

I followed Durzil's lead and canceled my order with Dell on the LC-60E88UN (it wasn't that great a deal after Texas state tax anyway). Now I am reconsidering my options and this Sony, the Sharp LC-60E77UN, and the Sharp LC65D64U seem to be those we are considering. Everything else is too expensive. Any advice would be much appreciated.

I have the KDL-60EX500 set up right now (the one from dell I'm returning) and I'll have my Sharp middle of next week so I'll give you my opinion on them when I can. I do have PS3 with blu-ray and HDTV from Directv I can comment on when the Sharp comes in. If I where buying the KDL-60EX500 I would get it from Costco (called KDL-60EX501), it comes with a 3 year warranty that way and if you use your AMEX then you get the 4th year. It was only like $50 bucks more than the Sharp deal and for a 4 year that would be a pretty sweet deal. Remember that prices online are always more than in the store on TV's because Costco includes shipping in there price online.

From what I read Sharp produced the panel for the Sony in the 60 inch size where Samsung makes the panel for the smaller models. I still think the Sharp has a newer panel in it than the Sony and has 240 Hz and 10 bit color. I'm going to do some research tonight to try and see what the Sony has but the information I've found so far has been limited. The Sony seems like a nice set, I dislike the shinny boarder so far that's my number one complaint.

Anyways I'll try and keep you posted.
post #203 of 1532 Old 06-27-2010, 02:34 AM

Quote:

I have the KDL-60EX500 set up right now (the one from dell I'm returning) and I'll have my Sharp middle of next week so I'll give you my opinion on them when I can. I do have PS3 with blu-ray and HDTV from Directv I can comment on when the Sharp comes in. If I where buying the KDL-60EX500 I would get it from Costco (called KDL-60EX501), it comes with a 3 year warranty that way and if you use your AMEX then you get the 4th year. It was only like $50 bucks more than the Sharp deal and for a 4 year that would be a pretty sweet deal. Remember that prices online are always more than in the store on TV's because Costco includes shipping in there price online.

From what I read Sharp produced the panel for the Sony in the 60 inch size where Samsung makes the panel for the smaller models. I still think the Sharp has a newer panel in it than the Sony and has 240 Hz and 10 bit color. I'm going to do some research tonight to try and see what the Sony has but the information I've found so far has been limited. The Sony seems like a nice set, I dislike the shinny boarder so far that's my number one complaint.

Anyways I'll try and keep you posted.

Guess the one they have online is a 55 inch from Costco so not sure if they have the 60 inch or not but still would be worth looking into your local store, simple phone call would figure it out.
post #204 of 1532 Old 06-27-2010, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Durzil...I for one will be very interested to hear your impressions once you have your hands on the Sharp and are able to compare the two.
post #205 of 1532 Old 06-27-2010, 03:37 PM

I received my LC-60E88UN two days ago. Overall, I am very pleased but I
noticed some pixel artifacts on the screen and some frame-to-frame glitches.
I tried changing all the options and turning off interpolation but still had the
problem. I checked the Sharp site and found that the firmware shipped with
the set is way out of date. I loaded the latest firmware (U1004011) and the
difference was day and night! All the artifacts and glitches are gone and now
it looks like I expected. Be sure your firmware is up to date.
post #206 of 1532 Old 06-28-2010, 08:06 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
I just got mine last Friday. Very happy with it! Things to note:

-very faint white vertical lines on pure black background (very minor)
-had some audio sync issues that went away after factory reset. The newest firmware was the first thing I installed when I opened the box, so I can't say if that made it any different compared to stock firmware. I use game mode for every device, and every single picture option turned off.
-I don't like how it drops the backlight when screens turns pure black, because it takes a split second to light it back up. No way to turn that off - but I do have the backlight set to the lowest, so the change is very minor
-The worst sound I have ever heard from a television. The speakers also point down, causing more psychoacoustic delay from the image, and it messes with your head. Just terrible.
-amazingly low input lag on game mode - the best I've ever felt
-power consumption of 202w with the way I have it configured - very good for the size!

Overall I'm very happy with it.

=Tommy v2=
post #207 of 1532 Old 06-28-2010, 08:06 AM

Has anyone had any experience with East Coast TV's? The price seems really good...is it TOO good to be true?

Opinions and experiences welcomed.

Jim
post #208 of 1532 Old 06-28-2010, 12:28 PM

Well I just placed my order for the 60E88UN today since my 52D64U did not survive my recent move as it has a cracked screen. After doing a lot of reading and somewhat in favor of Sharp anyway, I think I made a good choice, but I'll see when it arrives.
post #209 of 1532 Old 06-28-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueline View Post

Has anyone had any experience with East Coast TV's? The price seems really good...is it TOO good to be true?

Opinions and experiences welcomed.

Jim

I'd Google them for reviews and don't just trust major review places it looks like some of there reviews are fakes. I was reading in another forum about them and it just seemed a little too shady to me so I didn't pull the trigger and used Abe's of Maine instead. So far so good they have talked to me many times on the phone and I'll get my TV in the next couple days.
post #210 of 1532 Old 06-28-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinha916 View Post

I got mine from eastcoast tv, they deliver next day to my house. if anyone live in east coast check them out. if you pay cash they take another 2% off and no tax or delivery charge, they even help you setup in ur tv stand.

Looks like one person here has bought from them I too am looking to get one from them if they seem legit.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page