Official LG XXLE5400 Owners Thread - Page 51 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1501 of 1509 Old 10-18-2012, 11:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
please please help someone... need firmware!!!! im black screened...someone pm me or email me plz? dovedescent7@yahoo.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 1509 Old 10-19-2012, 12:06 PM

OK well after searching the web for hours last night and talking to a tech that wouldn't help me at lg, I chatted online with a different customer service person and they gave me a hint on where to go. I have ever firmware version for this tv ever made now...

But does anyone know which firmware the 55le5400 was shipped with? The oldest one is back from dec 10 !
post #1503 of 1509 Old 11-01-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluvlaw View Post

Bumping the thread to see if anyone can capture the 256 bit "[Real time ...]" EDID for an LG LE5400, any size, with Moninfo. If so, please post the results in the forum. The easy to follow capture instructions are here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1227161/edid-overrides-to-solve-bitstreaming-issues-for-ati-5xxxs.
I've captured my EDID, but the info is corrupted. PLEASE HELP!!

Kluvlaw, What is it you are needing, a saved EDID_OVERRIDE INF or a listing like you posted earlier?

If it means anything, my LG 32LE5400 shows the same 7.2 in. screen size you had bolded.

Monitor
Model name............... LG TV
Manufacturer............. LGE
Plug and Play ID......... GSM0001
Serial number............ n/a
Manufacture date......... 2010, ISO week 1
Filter driver............ None
EDID revision............ 1.3
Input signal type........ Digital
Color bit depth.......... Undefined
Display type............. RGB color
Screen size.............. 160 x 90 mm (7.2 in)
Power management......... Not supported
Extension blocs.......... 1 (CEA-EXT)
post #1504 of 1509 Old 12-12-2012, 09:27 AM

not sure if people are still into this thread,its an old tv, but i wanted to come back and ask about the latest firmware....

I will be going over my friends house tonight, he has the 32 inch le5400 with factory firmware..He doesnt know how to update it,its not connected to the internet...

But my question is...

Ive put movies on a hard drive,and this tv is capable of playing mkv blu ray files...Problem is the tv doesnt seem to like when the audio is at 640kbps (lower or higher is fine) and also doesnt like DTS audio...

does the 08.03.07 firmware fix any of this?

Could someone share there experience with what type of movies they play (recent firmwares) and if they still have any problems,or does everything just play fine now??????
post #1505 of 1509 Old 03-29-2014, 04:01 PM

I have LG 47LE5400... Only recently I've updated from ver 3. something to ver 8...

I saw ZERO difference in menu/settings/etc. What are in there updates?

Also in Netcast, there's only three - MLB.TV, Youtube, and picsa...

Where do I get Netflix everybody is talking about???

I'm in Canada so is that the reason?

Thanks.
post #1506 of 1509 Old 03-29-2014, 06:22 PM

Canadian version of this TV does not have Netflix. I remember reading somewhere that LG specifically confirmed this fact. Sorry.
post #1507 of 1509 Old 03-30-2014, 08:53 AM

Thanks for your reply. I searched LG website and it has no mention of this. Also on lg.ca support page it does discuss Netflix...

I compared lg.ca and lg.com firmware download, both has exact the same file size so I don't understand the difference.
post #1508 of 1509 Old 04-18-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataylor View Post

My dad has a 47LE5400 that has also developed the unresponsive issue. No remote works (either the original or a universal). Even the buttons on the TV itself don't work. The only way to solve it is to unplug the TV from the wall and plug it back in. Even then, it only becomes responsive some of the times. He's tried updating to the latest firmware and has disabled SIMPLINK. Has anyone successfully solved this problem?

My 42LE5400 just started doing this, except unplugging it and plugging it back in doesn't work anymore. Remote is unresponsive and the buttons on the TV are also unresponsive. I've had it since 2010. No problems before now. Any ideas people? Is there anyway to hard reset this TV?

post #1509 of 1509 Old 04-21-2014, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dovedescent7 View Post

OK well after searching the web for hours last night and talking to a tech that wouldn't help me at lg, I chatted online with a different customer service person and they gave me a hint on where to go. I have ever firmware version for this tv ever made now...

But does anyone know which firmware the 55le5400 was shipped with? The oldest one is back from dec 10 !
I don't remember which version the TV had when I purchased it. It did go through several revisions however. Where can we download older firmware? I have another issue that started since the latest update.
Thanks!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page