Please Help. Samsung PC Share Manager & Windows 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 45 Old 05-29-2010, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Everyone.

I'm trying to get PC Share Manager running on my Windows 7 PC because I want to stream MKV files. The problem I'm having is that PC Share Manager is not listing any files except .zip files.
When I start the software, I get a listing of the folder tree and folders, however the folders are all empty, except for zip files.

I'm begining to wonder that this is a Windows 7 problem. My system is a dual boot system running Windows XP as well. PC Share Manager works perfectly in WinXP.

My best guess is that this has to do with a file ownership problem in Windows 7.
I've reinstalled PC Share Manager, run it as administrator, in XP mode, in Vista Mode and nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am also open to using other software that is compatible with my LN46C650.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 Old 06-02-2010, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Bump. Any win 7 experts out there?
post #3 of 45 Old 06-05-2010, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter

Figured it out.

Had to add Administrators to my ownership permissions with full read/wrote access.

Works fine now. I can stream HD.
post #4 of 45 Old 07-20-2010, 09:26 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I am having the same problem. My Windows 7 never sees the TV. It's just blank when I try to set device policy. How and where did you make changes in Win 7. I just run the program as Administrator.
post #5 of 45 Old 07-22-2010, 06:08 PM
Advanced Member

I still cannot get Samsung PC Share Manager to work on my Windows 7 computer. I have the latest version. I have tried via my C6900 BD Player and my un46C8000 TV. My computer can see the DVD player but not the TV. Even with the DVD player on the network, share will not work. The DVD/TV does not see the Computer.

I have set the computer to share all my files and folders. Temporarily turned off the Firewall. Added permissions for the PC Share software too. Bought a new wired router. Log on as the Administrator. Had 4 conversations with Samsung support.

Personally, I think their software is "buggy".

Has ANYONE gotten the PC Share manager to work with a newer TV and DVD and with Windows 7?
post #6 of 45 Old 07-26-2010, 01:51 AM

Samsung support team informs that PC Share Manager is not compatible with Windows 7, only with Win XP and Vista.
post #7 of 45 Old 07-26-2010, 12:38 PM
Advanced Member

icke:

Thanks for that info. In 4 calls to them including their Tier 2 support, I asked that question, especially since their software 4.2 is optimized for Vista. They never gave me a firm answer. Any ideas if they plan to provide a Win 7 update?
post #8 of 45 Old 07-30-2010, 04:04 PM

I've got Samsung PC Share Manager 4.2 running on Windows 7 and my PN50C550 TV sees my laptop and anything I've shared. My problem is no matter what I try to play, video (Multiple formats), photos, or music. I get the same message... File format is incompatible. Does anyone know if this is a windows 7 issue, TV issue, or a codec issue...

The TV is connected with a samsung wireless adapter model: WIS09ABGN

thanks in advance for any help...
post #9 of 45 Old 07-31-2010, 03:54 PM
Advanced Member

When I set up the network on my TV, PC Share Manager never sees the TV. It does see the Blu Ray player, but I still cannot stream anything. Everything is set up with Administrator, sharing turned on etc. I wonder if my new Un46C8000 may have a firmware issue. In any case, I cannot get it to work.
post #10 of 45 Old 08-02-2010, 07:55 PM

i have samsung pc share manager (PCSM) working on windows 7 fine. Feeds to my 630 series tv.

Some things that can mess you up are:

1- make sure that you tell PCSM that its ok to feed to your tv. You do this by going to PCSM and choose SERVER from the menu and then choose the bottom option (i forget what its called) but it lets you allow or deny dlna devices like your tv. by default, everything is denied, so the TV won't see the PCSM server.

2- make sure your firewall software is allowing PCSM communications, this is different on each one, so can't help you here. If you are not certain if your firewall is causing problems, try temporarily disabling it and see if the tv works now.

3- make sure that the tv is on the same subnet as your pcsm server. for most people this won't be a problem as the tv will just automatically get an IP via DHCP from your router. But, for those that it does affect.. =] 192.168.0.x or 10.0.1.x are examples of subnets (i'm dumbing this down a LOT) so if your PCSM machine has an ip of say 192.168.0.100, then your tv needs to have an ip starting with 192.168.0.??? (1-254).

4- if you just installed and shared folders, you HAVE to hit the refresh button in PCSM for it to find the videos, create its little tag file and actually show them on the tv. That threw me the first time.

Good luck
post #11 of 45 Old 08-03-2010, 06:21 AM
Advanced Member

mstre:

I have tried everything you suggested. My TV, (UN46c8000) setup and found the wired network on my linksys automatically.

The PC Shareware manager will see my C6900 Blu-Ray player on the network, but not the TV. So with the TV, there is nothing to choose to accept or deny.

I really am starting to think the problem is with the TV and Blu Ray firmware. I have the newest version in both. I tried the Shareware 4.2 in a Windows XP computer on my network. I can share files between the XP and Windows 7 computers. Neither can see the TV or share with the TV or BD player.

I am looking for someone with a Samsung LED C8000 AND Windows 7 who has everything working.
post #12 of 45 Old 08-03-2010, 07:03 AM
Advanced Member

I decided to try again from the beginning. I removed the PC Share Manager software from my PC. The TV and PC are shown on the same network. I disabled my firewall and anti-virus. I reinstalled the Samsung Shareware program 4.2.

I opened the program, hit share and then Set Policy. Nothing is there to share. So I am giving up. I have had 3 calls in to Samsung support and they have no clues either. So for now I am done with it.

So I bought a high speed 16 gig flash drive and just copy files to it and run them via the USB input on the TV.
post #13 of 45 Old 08-03-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBlack View Post

I decided to try again from the beginning. I removed the PC Share Manager software from my PC. The TV and PC are shown on the same network. I disabled my firewall and anti-virus. I reinstalled the Samsung Shareware program 4.2.

I opened the program, hit share and then Set Policy. Nothing is there to share. So I am giving up. I have had 3 calls in to Samsung support and they have no clues either. So for now I am done with it.

So I bought a high speed 16 gig flash drive and just copy files to it and run them via the USB input on the TV.

I'm not sure of your level of technical, but have you verify that your TV or DVD player can access online apps (Youtube, Skpye, etc)? This is assuming you have internet. At least this would verify that you have correctly setup your TV and DVD player network setting.
post #14 of 45 Old 08-04-2010, 06:51 AM
Advanced Member

Both my TV and Blu Ray pass the Network test in their Setup. Plus I can access You tube, download games and firmware updates, weather, The AP Ticker, etc. I am definitely connected to the Internet and my Network. The TV shows up under my Windows 7 Network Map on my PC.

I really think it's a software/firmware bug since my PC cannot even see the TV under the Manager software. The download site for Shareware 4.2 says it's for operating system "Win XP/Vista".
post #15 of 45 Old 08-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Advanced Member

I sent an e-mail to Samsung and got back a response that Windows 7 is not yet supported with my UN46C8000. Here's their response:

"With reference to your email, we understand that you are unable to install PC Share Manager in Windows 7 Operating System.

We regret to inform you that currently we do not have compatible software for Windows 7. As Windows 7 Operating System is a new Operating System launched and the compatible software have not been released.

Once the compatible software is released they will be uploaded in Samsung Website. At present we do not have any information regarding the release of software for Windows 7."
post #16 of 45 Old 08-10-2010, 10:31 AM

Quote:

I sent an e-mail to Samsung and got back a response that Windows 7 is not yet supported with my UN46C8000. Here's their response:

"With reference to your email, we understand that you are unable to install PC Share Manager in Windows 7 Operating System.

We regret to inform you that currently we do not have compatible software for Windows 7. As Windows 7 Operating System is a new Operating System launched and the compatible software have not been released.

Once the compatible software is released they will be uploaded in Samsung Website. At present we do not have any information regarding the release of software for Windows 7."

That does not make any sense?? I have my UN55C8000 TV and blue-ray player C6900 setup and working with Share Manager on Windows 7 OS.

What brand router do you have?
post #17 of 45 Old 08-10-2010, 11:00 AM

PC Share Manager has issues with certain installations of the x64 OS. One of the options is to run the Manager in XP mode and ensure all of the file associations are correct.
post #18 of 45 Old 08-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Advanced Member

I have a new wired Linksys BEFSR41 router. I am running a 64 bit version of Windows 7. I have been looking for someone who has it working. I have tried unsuccessfully running it in XP compatibility mode.

Are you networked through the TV or the C6900? What version of Win 7 are you running? Can your computer see the TV when you select Set Device in the Shareware program.
post #19 of 45 Old 08-10-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:

I have a new wired Linksys BEFSR41 router. I am running a 64 bit version of Windows 7. I have been looking for someone who has it working. I have tried unsuccessfully running it in XP compatibility mode.

Are you networked through the TV or the C6900? What version of Win 7 are you running? Can your computer see the TV when you select Set Device in the Shareware program.

I have both of them connected wireless. I'm running Samsung PC Shared on Window 7 64 bit.

Have you tried disabling UPnP (Screenshot in link)?
-http-: // screenshots.portforward.com/Linksys/ BEFSR41v4/ Management . htm
post #20 of 45 Old 08-10-2010, 04:03 PM

http://screenshots.portforward.com/L...Management.htm

Lame, I needed 3 post to be able to post URL.
post #21 of 45 Old 08-11-2010, 07:34 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks for trying. Mine is disabled too.

When you select "Set Device Policy", does the PC see the TV? For me, the TV does not show up.

The Network is working and they are connected. The Network test on the TV shows its working. The network map on my PC shows the TV.
post #22 of 45 Old 08-11-2010, 08:55 AM

u dont need any software win 7 has media streaming built in..i set up the other day on a c650 was easy as pie just enabled media streaming, allowed the tv, and added the movie folders in WMP libraries...
only thing i found was .mkv files had to be renamed to .avi in order for them to show up on the tv
post #23 of 45 Old 08-12-2010, 06:48 AM
Advanced Member

I had a little success yesterday. I enabled UPnP in my router and after some tweaking got Windows 7 Media Player to stream a song and photo to the TV. With UPnP enabled I also got the Samsung software to see the TV. PC Manager still did not work.

But then a few hours later, and after turning off the TV and PC, I got no streaming from Media Player and the software did not see the TV.
post #24 of 45 Old 09-06-2010, 09:58 AM

OK. My brother bought the 2009 LED 55" TV, model #UN55B6000. TV is, phenomenal. So I told him why not get the Samsung LinkStick Model #WIS09ABGN that way he can stream his digital movies from his Vista PC with Norton 360 to his TV rather hooking his laptop up to the TV every time. TV accepts the wireless stick, picks up the wireless signal perfectly fine, network test is all good. He was even using a few apps that were already preloaded. So connection to the internet is good and my router see the device. I installed Samsung's PC Share Manager on his Vista computer, shared the movie folder but the program does not see the TV. I've tried everything I could think of including shutting down all firewalls and still nothing. I took the LinkStick home and used it on Samsung 50" Plasma and it worked in a matter of 2 minutes. I even tried this on an XP computer as well and still nothing on with his TV. I have WinXP and Norton 360 and no issues using the LinkStick. What am I doing wrong here??

ANY ADVICE IS HELPFUL!!! I've spent over 2 hours on this and its not even my TV!! But I am determined to get this working....
post #25 of 45 Old 09-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Advanced Member

Noodle9400:

I still cannot get mine to work. I've done about everything possible. I tried on my Windows 7 (64) Dell computer and my old XP. I even tried again after that new firmware update. So I pretty much have given up.

I did buy a second TV today. The UN65C8000. I will try again once it's delivered.
post #26 of 45 Old 09-07-2010, 06:18 PM

Interesting. Wonder why it doesn't work for some TVs. I'll have to keep giving it a try. Worst case scenario, I'll just resell the wireless adapter and he'll have to just move his movies/music, etc. to a USB Flash drive and play it that way.

Again if anybody has any advice that could help me this rolling, it would great greatly appreciated. Thank you.
post #27 of 45 Old 09-07-2010, 09:17 PM

Can you see the TV in your device policy? If you do, make sure the status is set to "Accpeted".

post #28 of 45 Old 09-08-2010, 07:03 AM
Advanced Member

shoua_sx:
When I check Device Policy the box is totally empty. Nothing to accept. I am using a wired network. The network test on the TV shows it's working. I can access all the Samsung aps like VUDU etc. When I map the Network on my PC it sees the TV.

What version of Windows are you using? I have Windows 7 64 bit. I have tried compatibility mode previously. I may AGAIN uninstall and reinstall the software and try compatibility mode again.
post #29 of 45 Old 09-08-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoua_sx View Post

Can you see the TV in your device policy? If you do, make sure the status is set to "Accpeted".

I know that you are supposed to see the TV in that program, PC Share Manager, and I have to accept the policy. I have it working on my TV and I even used the wireless adapter on my TV and it worked fine. My computer is a 32 bit XP desktop. Its just his TV it isn't showing up on the Share Manager. His desktop pc is running Vista 32bit and doesnt see the TV. I used my two other laptops both running XP. One of which was directly connected to the network. Still could not see the TV. The router can see the wireless adapter on the TV and the TV can access the internet applications like netflix, etc. I even tried switching usb ports on the TV as well as uninstalled and reinstalled the software on Vista. nothing successful.....so far.
post #30 of 45 Old 09-08-2010, 05:26 PM

Have you tried Serviio?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page