Looking for recommendations on my first LCD. Here are my considerations:
- probably 55-inch class, maybe 52, strongly prefer a matte finish
- it will be on a somewhat high surface (around 40-42 inches I believe), so if this is a problem, I wonder what a solution would be. Are any of them able to tilt slightly downwards on their stands?
- looking to spend around $1500, but I'd pay more if it got me something significantly better.
- I don't care about thickness. It will be sitting on its stand; it won't be mounted on the wall, so I'm not willing to pay more for a thin TV. I'd rather put extra money into a better picture.
- after reading this forum exhaustively, I've concluded that full-backlit/local-dimming LEDs are the best picture, but are also obviously more expensive. I realize that $1500 is probably not compatible with this format.
- edge-lit LEDs seem to be a feature found on TVs that are going for a thinner display. these seem to be the worst for my considerations.
- not opposed to standard a CCFL set, since I don't care about thickness, and it would probably be cheaper.
- I watch a lot baseball and football, so I definitely want a set that will not produce jerky, choppy motion.
- Not sure about on-board services. Seems like built-in Netflix on some of these units is not very good, and that a separate device is advisable. Thoughts?
I know there are some very knowledgeable people here, so if anyone has time to lend a hand, I would be very grateful.
Thanks for any help.